Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Nah wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:16 pm
Sydney has enough good food places to enjoy just like Melbourne.
Numbers, arguably yes, but convenience definitely no. Melbourne has numerous precincts that are absolutely great for tourists.
Melbourne is a great city for the returning tourist. Sydney is great for the first time tourist.
But Melbourne will never have any decent surf beaches in close proximity to the city no matter what they do.
Most of Sydney is NOT CLOSE to decent surf beaches. The bit of Sydney that is great, is great, but that is not the same as Sydney the huge metropolitan sprawl. Yes, if I was rich and could afford oceanside Sydney then I'd live there but overall Melbourne is a much more liveable city.
:[]

You are talking total bullshit as usual. Even Penrith Sydney's furthest suburb from the beach is only about an hours drive from Bondi.
Which is still much closer than every surfing beach to Melbourne central.

Penrith to Bondi Beach -
65.7 km 1hr 4mins away

Melbourne to Bells Beach -
108 km 1hr & 26min away

Melbourne to Thirteenth Beach -
106.6 km 1hr & 21min away

Melbourne to Raffs Beach
112km 1hr & 26 min away

Do some proper research next time so you don't look so ignorant bro.

I went to Melbourne in summer and was hoping to surf while there. This is how I know all your decent beaches are well over an hour away from the city area.

One reason I thought what a shit place
Melbourne is. Every surf beach is over a 100km away. :lol:

You guys have nothing even remotely close
to Bondi, Manly, Maroubra, Tamarama, Congee, Palm Beach, Bronte, Curl Curl, Clovelly etc.. Near your city.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:58 pm
Nah wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm
Sydney has enough good food places to enjoy just like Melbourne.
Numbers, arguably yes, but convenience definitely no. Melbourne has numerous precincts that are absolutely great for tourists.
Melbourne is a great city for the returning tourist. Sydney is great for the first time tourist.
But Melbourne will never have any decent surf beaches in close proximity to the city no matter what they do.
Most of Sydney is NOT CLOSE to decent surf beaches. The bit of Sydney that is great, is great, but that is not the same as Sydney the huge metropolitan sprawl. Yes, if I was rich and could afford oceanside Sydney then I'd live there but overall Melbourne is a much more liveable city.
:[]

You are talking total bullshit as usual. Even Penrith Sydney's furthest suburb from the beach is only about an hours drive from Bondi.
Which is still much closer than every surfing beach to Melbourne central.

Penrith to Bondi Beach -
65.7 km 1hr 4mins away

Melbourne to Bells Beach -
108 km 1hr & 26min away

Melbourne to Thirteenth Beach -
106.6 km 1hr & 21min away

Melbourne to Raffs Beach
112km 1hr & 26 min away

Do some proper research next time so you don't look so ignorant bro.

I went to Melbourne in summer and was hoping to surf while there. This is how I know all your decent beaches are well over an hour away from the city area.

One reason I thought what a shit place
Melbourne is. Every surf beach is over a 100km away. :lol:

You guys have nothing even remotely close
to Bondi, Manly, Maroubra, Tamarama, Congee, Palm Beach, Bronte, Curl Curl, Clovelly etc.. Near your city.
Factor in real time traffic and the time doubles in Sydney it would be what a 3 4 hr return trip

whilst Melbourne your freeway driving

And if that’s your only plus for living in Sydney! Lol
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Um yep ... if you want a beach and that’s all you want Melbourne isn’t for you. A lot of great cities don’t have a surf beach near by?

Also... one of the most famous surf beaches ...Bells. ... just over an hour way... as all freeway now and by pass Geelong. And before that you have Torquay ... too bloody cold though.... Gold Coast is the place to be if you want all year round good surf ... bloody crowded though.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:46 pm
Um yep ... if you want a beach and that’s all you want Melbourne isn’t for you. A lot of great cities don’t have a surf beach near by?

Also... one of the most famous surf beaches ...Bells. ... just over an hour way... as all freeway now and by pass Geelong. And before that you have Torquay ... too bloody cold though.... Gold Coast is the place to be if you want all year round good surf ... bloody crowded though.
How about we add better weather, better location, better waterways as well as real beaches.

Melbourne has to substitute itself by making up unimportant things like we are more cultured lol.. We have better art galleries. :lol:

The Yarra river haha.. Is that where Melbourne sewer lines get released?
It is shit brown after all.

And AFL lol.. Is not even recognised as a real sport outside Australia :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I’m a beach guy myself ... love Melbourne city to visit.

If you think arts and culture are made up you’re kinda contributing to the stereotypical image League has don’t you think ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

I would much rather live in Melbourne.
Visit an art gallery in the morning
Dine at a great cafe for lunch.
Cruise along the freeway towards a real surf beach..... Bells, more than a few feet higher.
Bet you cannot do that in Sydney , NFLwelaughat.
Oh but you can play in the tiny ripples at Coogee etc you call waves, school boy surf that we laugh at,.ha ha.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Being in lockdown is like living in Melbourne; can't go to beach or visit national parks, crap coffee cause all cafes closed, no real sport on TV...
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Plenty of AFL on television, real enough for me.
The footy vaults are open I am enjoying some of the great games from the past that have been broadcast and I admit to prefering the cleaner more open styles of play from the past than the excessive flooding and congestion that prevales today.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Bbear wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:36 pm
Plenty of AFL on television, real enough for me.
The footy vaults are open I am enjoying some of the great games from the past that have been broadcast and I admit to prefering the cleaner more open styles of play from the past than the excessive flooding and congestion that prevales today.
If it's afl it's all crap
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Bbear wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:58 pm
I would much rather live in Melbourne.
Visit an art gallery in the morning
Dine at a great cafe for lunch.
Cruise along the freeway towards a real surf beach..... Bells, more than a few feet higher.
Bet you cannot do that in Sydney , NFLwelaughat.
Oh but you can play in the tiny ripples at Coogee etc you call waves, school boy surf that we laugh at,.ha ha.

Yeah travel forever on a hot day to find a decent beach. That's sounds like fun living in Melbourne. :lol:

Meanwhile I just go 5 minutes up the road.

By the way Sydney has thousands of cafes too last time I checked and an art gallery just like Melbourne :wink:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 pm
Being in lockdown is like living in Melbourne; can't go to beach or visit national parks, crap coffee cause all cafes closed, no real sport on TV...
Yeah your right. It basically is like day in Melbourne. Just need the terrible weather now lol...
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Best coffee in Melbourne. The world knows that. And best food. World renowned
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Melbourne is a toilet
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:44 am
Melbourne is a toilet
yet the world's most liveable city numerous times. Predictions are it will be bigger than Sydney in a few decades due to migration
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:25 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:44 am
Melbourne is a toilet
yet the world's most liveable city numerous times. Predictions are it will be bigger than Sydney in a few decades due to migration
I was reading the other day that that's was a myth! Any rate they seem to be copeing much better with this virus than there Victorian counterparts. Maybe Gil the dill and the Vic government should get some advice of Peter V'landys . A phone call.Im sure he'd be only to pleased to help.They all seem to be following in his footsteps.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys