AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

No doubt they should apologise for any racist comments or actions.

Eddie is either a really bloody stupid racist and said a racist comment on .... which as pointed out given his success is not likely the case or extremely arrogant and didn’t care about any backlash he received which would make you wonder why he would put up a facade of doing so much work with the indigenous community .... or he is a smart man who said something on radio he probably didn’t realise would be so offensive and has been well and truely educated. Here’s hoping anyway. Do I think he is racist ... no. Do I think he said something offensive ... yes indeed.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:05 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Oh my
A lesson that has been reposted before yet it has to be again so its understood .
Firstly .
Johns lost his job with the NSW team ...
McChins still kept his .lol with most fumblers such as some on here defending his ape joke .
Secondly if you can't see the difference between a racist remark made in private to a group of players ( 20 maybe) & someone on a radio show listened to by 1000s & 1000s .then you're beyond help
Eddie said an insensitive and racist joke on radio without even knowing it was racist. His intention isnt racism, he's just an uneducated moron. He copped significant flack over the incident and apologised. Yet whole sections of NSW blues supporters were deliberately racist with no consequences. I cant even remember if the NRL addressed the issue in any way. As for Johns,
Disgraced NSW assistant coach Andrew Johns let fly with several offensive racist slurs including "coon, Abbo, nigger and monkey" before winger Timana Tahu's dramatic Origin walk-out, an Aboriginal leader said on Tuesday.
You're deluded if you think that is worse than Eddie making a stupid joke. Johns resigned from SOO coaching, he wasnt sacked. Was he sacked from channel 9?
You are not Eddie - you don't know his intentions. You can judge only on his actions which are racist because they include telling racist jokes. From what Eddie has said in the past it has been established that he is a bigot. He has encouraged violence towards women on his radio show, as boss of Nine stated he was going to "bone" a female staff member out of her job, made homophobic remarks towards a gay skater while in role of commentator. I would not be defending this person.
righto sjw
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:15 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:48 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Eddie's "joke" was racist. You don't have access to his mind - so don't give us the line that's not the real him. If you tell racist jokes you're a racist. Let's be honest it's not the only hate speak to come out of his mouth
Eddie is the president of your biggest club which has an appalling history regarding the treatment of Black players. Let me list;
No Indigenous player before 1982 - only two prior to 2000.
Former club president stating if Indigenous players act white they'll be accepted at club
Damian Monkhurst's abuse of Michael Long which led to vilification rules in game
Remember Nicky Winmar's famous lifting shirt gesture? That was to abuse from Collingwood fans
United patriots front unveiling banner at Collingwood game.
Lumumba time at club & the racist nickname he received - this was after Goodes incident

It's one thing for afl to endorse players taking knee however I don't see how the game can have any creditability if they don't address this history.
If Eddie was in the same position with premier league club or NBA team would he have a job? The answer is no.
I tend to take actions into account over words. Yes Eddie's joke on radio was ignorant and also racist, but his actions and intentions are far from it.

As for Collingwood, there are no excuses. But lets not kids ourselves, racism was unique to the AFL in and prior to the 90's. And addressing the history of racism is a global issue, not just Collingwoods
The racism which takes place in the afl & at Collingwood is the responsibility of those two organizations & if both want to contribute to BLM they should do so by apologizing for mistakes both past & present. Removal of club president who not only makes racist jokes live on his radio show, but then presided over club during racial abuse of player would be a good first step.
Well anyone with a brain can see his joke was not deliberately racist. If it was he wouldn't have freely voiced it on air. If it was deliberate, like Andrew Johns, then I would support his removal. As it is I think the consequences and public rebuke were more than enough to educate him
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
If it was deliberate . It was
As,in continuing on with the joke even after his co host tried to tell him it wasn't funny .
You are part of the afl racism problem .
Excuse after excuse for a racist .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:48 am

I tend to take actions into account over words. Yes Eddie's joke on radio was ignorant and also racist, but his actions and intentions are far from it.

As for Collingwood, there are no excuses. But lets not kids ourselves, racism was unique to the AFL in and prior to the 90's. And addressing the history of racism is a global issue, not just Collingwoods
The racism which takes place in the afl & at Collingwood is the responsibility of those two organizations & if both want to contribute to BLM they should do so by apologizing for mistakes both past & present. Removal of club president who not only makes racist jokes live on his radio show, but then presided over club during racial abuse of player would be a good first step.
Well anyone with a brain can see his joke was not deliberately racist. If it was he wouldn't have freely voiced it on air. If it was deliberate, like Andrew Johns, then I would support his removal. As it is I think the consequences and public rebuke were more than enough to educate him
It's ingrained Racism. Eddie had Adam Goode's on his show to discuss the incident, afterwards Eddie uses same putdown in a "joke" showing you only need to humor complaints & ultimately it's not that serious.
Later at club player is given same putdown as nickname because it's just a "joke" & club has always treated Indigenous players badly so what are you going to do?
Only way to change culture is removal of old guard
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:13 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am

Eddie said an insensitive and racist joke on radio without even knowing it was racist. His intention isnt racism, he's just an uneducated moron. He copped significant flack over the incident and apologised. Yet whole sections of NSW blues supporters were deliberately racist with no consequences. I cant even remember if the NRL addressed the issue in any way. As for Johns, You're deluded if you think that is worse than Eddie making a stupid joke. Johns resigned from SOO coaching, he wasnt sacked. Was he sacked from channel 9?
You are not Eddie - you don't know his intentions. You can judge only on his actions which are racist because they include telling racist jokes. From what Eddie has said in the past it has been established that he is a bigot. He has encouraged violence towards women on his radio show, as boss of Nine stated he was going to "bone" a female staff member out of her job, made homophobic remarks towards a gay skater while in role of commentator. I would not be defending this person.
righto sjw
Insular afl type - your sport is the least diverse & has the most racist incidents
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:50 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 pm

It's ingrained Racism. Eddie had Adam Goode's on his show to discuss the incident, afterwards Eddie uses same putdown in a "joke" showing you only need to humor complaints & ultimately it's not that serious.
Later at club player is given same putdown as nickname because it's just a "joke" & club has always treated Indigenous players badly so what are you going to do?
Only way to change culture is removal of old guard
or educate
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:52 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:13 pm

righto sjw
Insular afl type - your sport is the least diverse & has the most racist incidents
id you ignore indiscretions in your own sport such as wife-beating
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
Don't deflect ..
RL posters on here don't ignore problems .
Go re read any posts about RL player behaviour .
The common theme is ..if they are guilty .put them out of the game for a long time ..maybe forever .
Lock them up of required .
Now consider that compared to your posts about Racist McChins .
Lol
One lot of fans won't defend the indefensible .
Then there's you .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:28 am
Oh dear .
Don't deflect ..
RL posters on here don't ignore problems .
Go re read any posts about RL player behaviour .
The common theme is ..if they are guilty .put them out of the game for a long time ..maybe forever .
Lock them up of required .
Now consider that compared to your posts about Racist McChins .
Lol
One lot of fans won't defend the indefensible .
Then there's you .
when you take potshots at one side only you're ignoring your own sides issues
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
We don't ignore issues in our sport .
We just don't fall over ourselves continiously to make excuses for racists .
That's your speciality .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think the afl has responded to racism in its sport. Is racism irradiated .... definetely not and want be until it is in society ... so probably never.

The Monkhurst incident brought in new rules to address racial vilification. And rightly so. A move in the right direction. Crowd behaviour is also addressed ... in varying ways. Memberships have been cancelled, clubs, at the request of vilified players, have worked to educate rather than punish, particular offenders. I mature move I believe as punishment I feel only tends to solidify views and deflect blame. The Goodes incidents with booing... my views on that is that he was booed for diving and playing for frees.... players get booed all the time and I’m sure with those boos came racial taunts ... but the booing I believe was not instigated by racism ... I think Goodes made it about this and I think the booing was more directed at him because he said he didn’t like it. In saying that, once he voiced that the booing was viewed as racist by him and was hurtful, it should have stopped. But again my opinion and view of it. Did the afl handle it well.... he’ll no. Have they learnt. Hope so.

If the afl were racist as you seem very passionate about propagating, they would not be taking the measures they have surely. They could respond with comments such as “it’s just banter” ... people going to games are just kicking around”. Get over it”. ...but they are trying to fix an issue that has existed in society for many a year and no doubt existed in football clubs as an extension of that. There is something ironic that such hatred and passionate hatred toward a group based on actions of some in that group is used to condem the exact same behaviour don’t you think? Think about that.... just for a minute ... reflect before jumping on here and being defensive. Afl have taken steps, have punished, given fines and weeks suspensions, condemned behaviour, worked with aboriginal communities, brought aboriginal people into the game ... many have been stars. They have done and do a lot right around this issue .... and yes, they can do better but let’s not minimise the work they do. Don’t make this an “I hate afl” regardless ... the issue is to big and serious for people trying to win points in some mindless infintile code war debate. Use it to highlight areas that need work... in both codes, as well as society at large, and also celerbrate the progress that has been made.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol how high & mighty .
It's too serious for infantile code wars .
Have a look at what forum you're in .
It's a fight club .
& one code while doing theusual look after the image thing does not address the issue of people high up in fumbles being allowed to get away with blatant racism .
A blind man can see that if it is tolerated at that level then there will be others who will say
Why not
No penalty no prob for McChins so i can say or do what I like .
Lol when fumbles is shown to be a leader in racism issues in sport in Aust then suddenly it's too serious for this .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:01 pm
Lol how high & mighty .
It's too serious for infantile code wars .
Have a look at what forum you're in .
It's a fight club .
& one code while doing theusual look after the image thing does not address the issue of people high up in fumbles being allowed to get away with blatant racism .
A blind man can see that if it is tolerated at that level then there will be others who will say
Why not
No penalty no prob for McChins so i can say or do what I like .
Lol when fumbles is shown to be a leader in racism issues in sport in Aust then suddenly it's too serious for this .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
what happened to the racist NSW SOO fans? An enquiry? A ban? Anything?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Racism only happens in the AFL didn't you know - no - oh wait - the AFL never do anything about it ....... despite evidence to the contrary. NRL always do something ----- despite evidence to the contrary. One of those John's blokes admitted to being a drug chaet - yet still in the hall of fame or whatever they call it - legend or whatever.
Veni, vidi, vici