AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

I think many more afl people would agree. A lot hate Eddie and hate collingwood and even more hate racists.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:49 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:19 am
NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Other than naming, shaming, and banning from games and memberships what else would you like Gil to do?
How about setting an example
Those in the stands ..the adam Goodes lot
The banana throwers etc might think twice if an example was made of blatant big shots racists like McChins.

Set an example to show you are serious .get him out of the game for 1 yr at least .
Lol. No
Let's all make excuses for him .lets all fall over ourselves to say he was tired
He doesn't mean it blah blah
So what message does that send to the inbred southern hicks who don't like dark skinned people.
Eddie's comments over Goodes were a gaff he apologised for almost immediately, and were inconsistent with his actions at the time when he approached goodes at the game in question.

Ed needed some re education about the context of some of his comments, but he isn't in the same ballpark as people who spout racist comments on line or from the stands. These people are punished in our game, unlike NSW blues fans who can do what they want
Exhibit #1
Still defending the racist .
Others outside the brainwashed bubble dwellers get it ..
You lot don't .
You still defend him .

Lol
& therein lies the problem with your sport .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:17 pm
Didn’t one of the johns brother engage in some racially offensive comments as soo training?

I think supporters of sport represent a broad cross sectio. Of society ...particuarly for afl in Aussie rules states where there is, for the most part, just the one winter sport. In qld and nsw you have three spirts with rl and ru traditionally the main ones and often represent different societal divides. So working blue collar more rl and your Toffs being ru. Not strictly but that’s the take. Whereas afl is across the board as no other major sporting code in Aussie rules states with soccer the closest.
Oh my
A lesson that has been reposted before yet it has to be again so its understood .
Firstly .
Johns lost his job with the NSW team ...
McChins still kept his .lol with most fumblers such as some on here defending his ape joke .
Secondly if you can't see the difference between a racist remark made in private to a group of players ( 20 maybe) & someone on a radio show listened to by 1000s & 1000s .then you're beyond help

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I would say a racist joke is a racist joke regardless of size of audience. Both are just as bad. The Eddie would suggest ignorance at best.... hence saying it on radio .... stupidity at worst. The johns case ... keeping it private ... just because he was switched on enough or smart enough to say it to a closed group suggests at least he knew he was being racist .... or maybe not seeing it was said in front of people of colour... I’d say things have changed a lot since both incidents re what is decent .... but a long long way to go. Particuarly for many in the public sphere.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:58 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:19 am

How about setting an example
Those in the stands ..the adam Goodes lot
The banana throwers etc might think twice if an example was made of blatant big shots racists like McChins.

Set an example to show you are serious .get him out of the game for 1 yr at least .
Lol. No
Let's all make excuses for him .lets all fall over ourselves to say he was tired
He doesn't mean it blah blah
So what message does that send to the inbred southern hicks who don't like dark skinned people.
Eddie's comments over Goodes were a gaff he apologised for almost immediately, and were inconsistent with his actions at the time when he approached goodes at the game in question.

Ed needed some re education about the context of some of his comments, but he isn't in the same ballpark as people who spout racist comments on line or from the stands. These people are punished in our game, unlike NSW blues fans who can do what they want
Eddie's "joke" was racist. You don't have access to his mind - so don't give us the line that's not the real him. If you tell racist jokes you're a racist. Let's be honest it's not the only hate speak to come out of his mouth
Eddie is the president of your biggest club which has an appalling history regarding the treatment of Black players. Let me list;
No Indigenous player before 1982 - only two prior to 2000.
Former club president stating if Indigenous players act white they'll be accepted at club
Damian Monkhurst's abuse of Michael Long which led to vilification rules in game
Remember Nicky Winmar's famous lifting shirt gesture? That was to abuse from Collingwood fans
United patriots front unveiling banner at Collingwood game.
Lumumba time at club & the racist nickname he received - this was after Goodes incident

It's one thing for afl to endorse players taking knee however I don't see how the game can have any creditability if they don't address this history.
If Eddie was in the same position with premier league club or NBA team would he have a job? The answer is no.
I tend to take actions into account over words. Yes Eddie's joke on radio was ignorant and also racist, but his actions and intentions are far from it.

As for Collingwood, there are no excuses. But lets not kids ourselves, racism was unique to the AFL in and prior to the 90's. And addressing the history of racism is a global issue, not just Collingwoods
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Didn’t one of the johns brother engage in some racially offensive comments as soo training?

I think supporters of sport represent a broad cross sectio. Of society ...particuarly for afl in Aussie rules states where there is, for the most part, just the one winter sport. In qld and nsw you have three spirts with rl and ru traditionally the main ones and often represent different societal divides. So working blue collar more rl and your Toffs being ru. Not strictly but that’s the take. Whereas afl is across the board as no other major sporting code in Aussie rules states with soccer the closest.
Oh my
A lesson that has been reposted before yet it has to be again so its understood .
Firstly .
McChins still kept his .lol with most fumblers such as some on here defending his ape joke .
Secondly if you can't see the difference between a racist remark made in private to a group of players ( 20 maybe) & someone on a radio show listened to by 1000s & 1000s .then you're beyond help
Eddie said an insensitive and racist joke on radio without even knowing it was racist. His intention isnt racism, he's just an uneducated moron. He copped significant flack over the incident and apologised. Yet whole sections of NSW blues supporters were deliberately racist with no consequences. I cant even remember if the NRL addressed the issue in any way. As for Johns,
Disgraced NSW assistant coach Andrew Johns let fly with several offensive racist slurs including "coon, Abbo, nigger and monkey" before winger Timana Tahu's dramatic Origin walk-out, an Aboriginal leader said on Tuesday.
You're deluded if you think that is worse than Eddie making a stupid joke. Johns resigned from SOO coaching, he wasnt sacked. Was he sacked from channel 9?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol this lot just don't get it .
& while they think like that ...nothing will change
Eddie .oh he's a buffoon .
No he's a fucking racist & has shown his true colours more than once .
Yet he is defended ..excuses are made .
Peopel who try to expose th racism are then targets ..like that poor bloke recently.

The sport is stuck in 1950 white Victoria..
With plenty defending the racism .
Disgusting.

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
Lol this lot just don't get it .
& while they think like that ...nothing will change
Eddie .oh he's a buffoon .
No he's a fucking racist & has shown his true colours more than once .
Yet he is defended ..excuses are made .
Peopel who try to expose th racism are then targets ..like that poor bloke recently.

The sport is stuck in 1950 white Victoria..
With plenty defending the racism .
Disgusting.
Both are racists. I'd prefer a guy who doesnt know a joke is racist over a guy who used multiple disgusting racist terms on purpose.

Was John's sacked by Ch9? Because he wasnt sacked from SOO coaching
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

How the fuck do you know he' doesn't know it's racist
You're assuming he's naive .
Lol
You don't get to be a successful businessman by being naive .
It's just an excuse you're clinging too to avoid facing the truth ..
I will take the word of a former player ( who is not after $$$ just an apology ) who spent time with him dealt with him over a poster who will defend someone he doesn't know .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 am
He said it on radio! You think he's going to be deliberatly and wilfully racist on air? :(/
Eddie regularly makes gaffs he then has to back track on. He copped heaps of flack for saying he would pay to see Caroline Wilson remain under water. Yet only an idiot would believe Eddie wants her to drown.

Now, was John's sacked by ch9, because he wasnt sacked by SOO?? You said he was sacked!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:08 am
He said it on radio! You think he's going to be deliberatly and wilfully racist on air? :(/
Eddie regularly makes gaffs he then has to back track on. He copped heaps of flack for saying he would pay to see Caroline Wilson remain under water. Yet only an idiot would believe Eddie wants her to drown.

Now, was John's sacked by ch9, because he wasnt sacked by SOO?? You said he was sacked!
Oh dear . Th vicderpian eduaction system strikes again .
Where did I say he was sacked .lol you're just not real good at this ..I'll await your reply ..prob saying what I really meant...lol just like you know what McChins really means when he's a blatant racist
I said he lost his job .
Lol
& I have no idea if was even with CH 9 in 2010.
Now try to read with some comprehension in future .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:26 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:08 am

Oh dear . Th vicderpian eduaction system strikes again .
Where did I say he was sacked .lol you're just not real good at this ..I'll await your reply ..prob saying what I really meant...lol just like you know what McChins really means when he's a blatant racist
I said he lost his job .
Lol
& I have no idea if was even with CH 9 in 2010.
Now try to read with some comprehension in future .
He resigned! He didn't lose his job. If he hadn't resigned he may well have kept his job.

Lol
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Oh my
Firstly .
Eddie said an insensitive and racist joke on radio without even knowing it was racist. His intention isnt racism, he's just an uneducated moron. He copped significant flack over the incident and apologised. Yet whole sections of NSW blues supporters were deliberately racist with no consequences. I cant even remember if the NRL addressed the issue in any way. As for Johns,
Disgraced NSW assistant coach Andrew Johns let fly with several offensive racist slurs including "coon, Abbo, nigger and monkey" before winger Timana Tahu's dramatic Origin walk-out, an Aboriginal leader said on Tuesday.
You're deluded if you think that is worse than Eddie making a stupid joke. Johns resigned from SOO coaching, he wasnt sacked. Was he sacked from channel 9?
You are not Eddie - you don't know his intentions. You can judge only on his actions which are racist because they include telling racist jokes. From what Eddie has said in the past it has been established that he is a bigot. He has encouraged violence towards women on his radio show, as boss of Nine stated he was going to "bone" a female staff member out of her job, made homophobic remarks towards a gay skater while in role of commentator. I would not be defending this person.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:48 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Eddie's "joke" was racist. You don't have access to his mind - so don't give us the line that's not the real him. If you tell racist jokes you're a racist. Let's be honest it's not the only hate speak to come out of his mouth
Eddie is the president of your biggest club which has an appalling history regarding the treatment of Black players. Let me list;
No Indigenous player before 1982 - only two prior to 2000.
Former club president stating if Indigenous players act white they'll be accepted at club
Damian Monkhurst's abuse of Michael Long which led to vilification rules in game
Remember Nicky Winmar's famous lifting shirt gesture? That was to abuse from Collingwood fans
United patriots front unveiling banner at Collingwood game.
Lumumba time at club & the racist nickname he received - this was after Goodes incident

It's one thing for afl to endorse players taking knee however I don't see how the game can have any creditability if they don't address this history.
If Eddie was in the same position with premier league club or NBA team would he have a job? The answer is no.
I tend to take actions into account over words. Yes Eddie's joke on radio was ignorant and also racist, but his actions and intentions are far from it.

As for Collingwood, there are no excuses. But lets not kids ourselves, racism was unique to the AFL in and prior to the 90's. And addressing the history of racism is a global issue, not just Collingwoods
The racism which takes place in the afl & at Collingwood is the responsibility of those two organizations & if both want to contribute to BLM they should do so by apologizing for mistakes both past & present. Removal of club president who not only makes racist jokes live on his radio show, but then presided over club during racial abuse of player would be a good first step.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I doubt they should apologise for racist actions .
Veni, vidi, vici