My Kinda Man !

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

My Kinda Man !

Post by pussycat »

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get," V'landys recently told the Herald after mocking the AFL for being weeks behind the NRL. "At times I've looked at them and had a giggle."

:thumbleft:
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
Pippen94 (Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:01 am)
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: My Kinda Man !

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol he has got a few of them upset .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

He doesn't hold back .

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...o ... 54z6i.html

NRL turns up code war heat with attempt to sabotage AFL broadcast deal
Michael Chammas
June 4, 2020 — 12.01am
Send via Email
Leave a comment

Not satisfied with just beating the AFL to the punch in resuming its season, ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys attempted to ram home the NRL's dominance by sabotaging the rival code's broadcast rights deal.

The Herald can reveal the NRL, led by V'landys and interim chief executive Andrew Abdo, requested a "most-favoured clause" in its five-year extension with Foxtel that would have prohibited the pay television provider from striking a better deal with the AFL.

Current Time 0:22
/
Duration 2:47

Cornes slams AFL figures who mocked V'landys

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes has taken aim at members of the AFL fraternity that mocked ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys' aggressive NRL start date.

While Foxtel knocked back the clause request, which would have guaranteed the NRL received more per game than the AFL, it highlighted V'landys' appetite to take the fight to the code that long regarded as the benchmark of Australian sport.

The NRL under the V'landys regime has drawn the ire of the AFL, which was left behind as the 13-man code returned to competition with record television ratings last week.

It validated the warning that GWS chairman Tony Shepherd, who is a board member of the V'landys-run Racing NSW, offered AFL boss Gillon McLachlan when he declared rugby league would become a serious competitor when V'landys was announced as chairman late last year.

The NRL has also taken a vow of silence in regards to the details of its extension with Foxtel to assist the pay television network's negotiations with the AFL. A lot has changed in the five years since News Corp supremo Rupert Murdoch responded to a secret broadcast deal between Nine and the NRL by stating that his organisation always believed the AFL was the premium code in Australia.

[​IMG]
ARLC chairman Peter V'landys and AFL boss Gillon McLachlan.Credit:Digital image

While the NRL would like to trumpet its new Foxtel deal amid criticism they caved and provided broadcasters with too much of a discount, the sport's hierarchy have chosen to bite their tongues to avoid giving the AFL a free-kick as it moves to strike its own revised broadcast deal.

Former Victorian premier Jeff Kennett, now the president of Hawthorn, last week told The Australian that rugby league was a "boring, boring game" and claimed he would "rather do some underwater knitting" than watch the NRL when it returned on May 28.

Not everyone shared that view as almost 4.5 million people tuned in to watch the NRL's return – the only major football code being played in the country. It was the fifth-largest TV audience for a regular-season weekend in the game's history.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get," V'landys recently told the Herald after mocking the AFL for being weeks behind the NRL. "At times I've looked at them and had a giggle."

[​IMG]
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan is in the midst of broadcast negotiations ahead of the code's June 11 return.Credit:Getty Images

No doubt V'landys, dubbed "push-ahead Pete" by sections of the Victorian sports media, is giggling again. In Melbourne over the weekend, the city recorded its second highest TV audience for a Storm game when Craig Bellamy's men squared off against Canberra on Saturday night.

Former premiership-winning AFL player turned media personality Kane Cornes broke ranks with his AFL colleagues and heaped praise on V'landys for his achievements against the odds.

"Unbelievable job the NRL have done," Cornes said on Nine's Footy Show on Sunday. "I just think it has been outstanding and a lesson to the AFL. For the first time I think in Australian sport the AFL are somewhat behind the times, they’ve been beaten to the punch by Peter V’landys. He’s an absolute genius. Anyone who has been critical, put your hand up. It’s front page and back page, they’re dominating the headlines.

Related Article
[​IMG]
Exclusive
Media & marketing
NRL blocks Telstra from streaming in bid to secure extension with Nine
"I’m not having a crack at the AFL, I’m having a crack at the people who were critical, and there were plenty of them. I’m having a crack at those people who now look silly about those comments they made a monthago
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Foxtel knocked back the clause request, which would have guaranteed the NRL received more per game than the AFL
Says it all really.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

you would have to say the NRL should receive more by Fox this time round.
if you look at the figures.

NRL fox figures annihilate AFL Fox Figures..
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Have to give V'landys credit. He is a very smart sporting operations manager.

You just have to look at what he did in racing.
He basically knocked the Melbourne Cup out of the park with The Everest in Sydney when it comes to the most valued horse race in Australia.

Melbourne Cup 8 million prize money
Everest Sydney 15 million prize money

So now the best horses are going to likely prioritize Everest in Sydney ahead of Melbourne Cup due to the huge difference in prize money.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

The Sun's have become a development and training nursery for Richmond premiere ship players under McLachlans incompetent administration.
How can he stand by and watch them flounder and allow incessant poaching to rip the best players from this expansion club that is trying hard to win new supporters.
( No criticism for Sun's football club intended )
My second criticism of McLachlan is that much more needs to be done to stop the flooding and congestion that can dominant games and become an eyesore.
My third criticism is to show some respect to Tasmania and let them join in.
( The generous NRL gave Newcastle a team )

All of the above is to point out some major problems in the AFL that the current board cannot or won't try to find solutions for .
The AFL needs a top administrator in calibre of Peter Vlandys.
Vlandys is smart , focused, in touch and pro active
AFL needs somebody as talented as Peter Vlandys to take it to the next level.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:16 pm
Have to give V'landys credit. He is a very smart sporting operations manager.

You just have to look at what he did in racing.
He basically knocked the Melbourne Cup out of the park with The Everest in Sydney when it comes to the most valued horse race in Australia.

Melbourne Cup 8 million prize money
Everest Sydney 15 million prize money

So now the best horses are going to likely prioritize Everest in Sydney ahead of Melbourne Cup due to the huge difference in prize money.
Melbourne Cup is still the premier race in Australasia ... you can’t buy prestige ... the different maybe ... one is class the other manufactured. I remember the a golden slipper being put forth as a rival for ages and a tit for tat with the prize money ....

Billionaires across the globe have tried to have sporting events by throwing prize money but never took off as tradition and prestige wins out ..... mostly lol
Veni, vidi, vici