GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:23 pm
Shouldn't it be "many" not "much"..... far be it from me to point out such things however just a thought.
No - that's bad grammar
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Fair enough ... not my strong point. Cheers.

Shouldn’t it be “poor” grammar lol.... or is that bad grammar too :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Bored as Masterchef on and having to watch

Maybe it was the use of “much more” that got me as apparently this is used in comparisons.

Many more & Much more

Sometimes, more and many are used together for comparison (of countable nouns). For example, “there are many more days left for me to legally become an adult.” This is slightly different from there are many days left – which is just a general statement and not a comparison with a current object.

Peter gave many more ideas than Tom. VS. Peter gave many ideas.

I have many more coins at home than the collection you showed me VS. I have many coins at home.

Same way as many more, much more is used for uncountable nouns.

Ray is much more talented than his brother.

We get much more sunlight in the balcony compared to other rooms.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

GWS still have not released financial report
Lol
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Lol
I wonder what's going on there?? It should be out my now. If there is something in it that is embarrassing or out of order now would be a good time to release it with everyone concentrating on Covid-19.

I know RA haven't released their final report either. The thinking is that it could be grounds for them to go into administration. GWS shouldn't have that problem with backing from fumblehouse. In any case it's strange!!!!!
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Terry wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Lol
I wonder what's going on there?? It should be out my now. If there is something in it that is embarrassing or out of order now would be a good time to release it with everyone concentrating on Covid-19.

I know RA haven't released their final report either. The thinking is that it could be grounds for them to go into administration. GWS shouldn't have that problem with backing from fumblehouse. In any case it's strange!!!!!
Afl want to flog team off to foreign investors - don't want them to know what a money pit club is
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:57 pm
Terry wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Lol

Afl want to flog team off to foreign investors - don't want them to know what a money pit club is
Haha!! Can't see that happening. If GWS were privately owned they would be shut down tomorrow.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Lol

With a few million already stated as losses
In a grand final appearance..

Throwing in Convid.

Would be a shocking financial year..
Pippen94
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Pippen94 »

leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Can the AFL post Convid be able to fund GWS AND THE SUNS to the Tune over $60million per year.

Ch7 Over to you
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It will be interesting. AFL have a few aces up their sleeve maybe? Not forcing live broadcasts of games into sydney and Brisbane would be one. And of course the night grand final would be the other. Could we see the night grand final on a Sunday evening???? Up until now the AFL prepared to take less and ensured broadcasting into non traditional markets - so some saving but I don't envisage enough by a long shot. Maybe selling Marvel for the billion it was appraised at. Some super fund or venture capitalist could manage this.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It will be interesting. AFL have a few aces up their sleeve maybe? Not forcing live broadcasts of games into sydney and Brisbane would be one. And of course the night grand final would be the other. Could we see the night grand final on a Sunday evening???? Up until now the AFL prepared to take less and ensured broadcasting into non traditional markets - so some saving but I don't envisage enough by a long shot. Maybe selling Marvel for the billion it was appraised at. Some super fund or venture capitalist could manage this.

I think a team in melbourne is likely to merge or go before GC or GWS however.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

I hope they keep carrying them, they seem to be getting heavier every day. With a little luck they might be the straw that broke the AFL's back.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Can the AFL post Convid be able to fund GWS AND THE SUNS to the Tune over $60million per year.

Ch7 Over to you
It' sure gonna be a millstone around their neck!! Those 2 clubs need the biggest governing body financial injection of any professional sporting club in the country. Not only that but fumblehouse also pumps millions more into development, marketing & promotion in western Sydney and the GC to assist those clubs. These are costs the NRL are not burdened with. In this regard not having teams in SA and WA is a blessing.

There are heavy hitters in Melbourne calling for the Suns to go already. It will depend on how they come out of the C-19 era. The fact fumblehouse had to immediately get a $600M line of credit shows their perilous state. One thing for certain though - if anyone goes the Suns are the first on the chopping block!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Ch7 Over to you
It' sure gonna be a millstone around their neck!! Those 2 clubs need the biggest governing body financial injection of any professional sporting club in the country. Not only that but fumblehouse also pumps millions more into development, marketing & promotion in western Sydney and the GC to assist those clubs. These are costs the NRL are not burdened with. In this regard not having teams in SA and WA is a blessing.

There are heavy hitters in Melbourne calling for the Suns to go already. It will depend on how they come out of the C-19 era. The fact fumblehouse had to immediately get a $600M line of credit shows their perilous state. One thing for certain though - if anyone goes the Suns are the first on the chopping block!!!
that is actually a very good point>> you have $60million per year for 2 clubs and this does not even include..
development in grassroots or marketing by the AFL along with Contra for adverting the game nonstop.

yep alot of noise happening up top..
its interesting if they dont continue to pump money into them, they will be even worse than they are you would think..