Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Beaussie wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:50 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Nah wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:50 am

Unlike round NRL stadiums, five football codes can use oval stadiums, Australia Football, Gridiron, Soccer, Union & League plus cricket, baseball and the Olympics.In fact, if it's played on grass, then it can be played on an AFL stadium.
If it's played on grass, then it has been played on an AFL stadium.
Why do the NRL play on ovals if it so bad as you say? !!!!

Yes and why shouldn't that change and get the best for all concerned.
Have you ever watched Soccer or League on an oval stadium?

Your too far away from the game in most cases.

Anyways common sense prevailed. ANZ in Homebush is being made permanently rectangular.

Putting the codes that use it most first.
Which is the way it should be.
Redeveloped ANZ Stadium may be put on hold.

This means bigger crowds for NRL
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Doesn't really mean much..

Would only be a 5 month delay if it does occur.

When you think about it.. how mental was it to schedule it in July anyway.
Wouldn't you wait to footy season is complete than start
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

You Australian Fairy League fans never quit.
Who wants to put a bet on that both ANZ and the Sydney football stadium will both get upgrades?

ANZ upgrade will 100% happen. And so will the the Sydney football stadium rebuild.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:34 pm
Who wants to put a bet on that both ANZ and the Sydney football stadium will both get upgrades?

ANZ upgrade will 100% happen. And so will the the Sydney football stadium rebuild.
You still 100% certain regarding the ANZ Stadium redevelopment?

The Premier doesn’t appear to be 100% committed. See for yourself. lol

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Geez Beatup, how many times can ya lose on the same issue pal lolololololol!!!!!!! You've been smashed so many times on this one I suspect your punch drunk lololololo!!!!!!!!

Good luck with this latest attempt. You'll need it.......... as usual!!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Maybe a delay,
But i don't see the stadium redevelopment being scrapped.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:26 pm

Geez Beatup, how many times can ya lose on the same issue pal lolololololol!!!!!!! You've been smashed so many times on this one I suspect your punch drunk lololololo!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beatup eh?

ANZ Stadium WILL remain in oval configuration and available to the AFL and cricket. Wise decision Premier. =D

Premier pulls the plug on stadium refurb but will keep Powerhouse move
By Michael Koziol
May 31, 2020

The Berejiklian government has dumped its controversial plan to redevelop ANZ Stadium and will redirect the $800 million saving to a new $3 billion Infrastructure and Job Acceleration Fund for "shovel-ready" projects to reboot the state's shattered economy.

The government has abandoned its pledge to redevelop ANZ Stadium but will proceed with the Powerhouse move.
Credit:
Janie Barrett, Anna Kucera

Ms Berejiklian had originally wanted to knock down and rebuild ANZ Stadium but instead went to the election promising to refurbish the 85,000 seat oval venue into a 70,000 seat rectangular one. The rebuild of Allianz Stadium at Moore Park is already underway and remains ongoing.

The decision, taken by the Premier and her core leadership group, wards off internal division over what projects to jettison given budget constraints created by the pandemic.

Senior Liberals said there was agreement it had to be one or the other. But even after a $3 billion saving from the wage freeze and $810 million from abandoning the stadium refurbishment, they were well short of the $20 billion that could be wiped from the state's coffers by the pandemic. "That's $4 billion down, $16 billion to go," one senior Liberal said.

The tender for the stadium redevelopment had already progressed to a shortlist, with Multiplex, Watpac and Laing O'Rourke all vying to undertake the project. The government was due to award the design and construction contract in June.

But Deputy Premier John Barilaro said an "unprecedented crisis calls for an unprecedented recovery and redirecting funding from Stadium Australia to job-creating infrastructure builds is the right thing to do for the people of NSW".

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/pre ... 54xzf.html
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Big call made by premier..
Prob the right call for money to be concentrated
On growing jobs in state NSW

i think it will eventually be knocked down rebuilt
Just not during this period in our history
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 am

Beatup eh?

ANZ Stadium WILL remain in oval configuration and available to the AFL and cricket. Wise decision Premier. =D

By Michael Koziol
May 31, 2020

The Berejiklian government has dumped its controversial plan to redevelop ANZ Stadium and will redirect the $800 million saving to a new $3 billion Infrastructure and Job Acceleration Fund for "shovel-ready" projects to reboot the state's shattered economy.

The government has abandoned its pledge to redevelop ANZ Stadium but will proceed with the Powerhouse move.
Credit:

Ms Berejiklian had originally wanted to knock down and rebuild ANZ Stadium but instead went to the election promising to refurbish the 85,000 seat oval venue into a 70,000 seat rectangular one. The rebuild of Allianz Stadium at Moore Park is already underway and remains ongoing.

The decision, taken by the Premier and her core leadership group, wards off internal division over what projects to jettison given budget constraints created by the pandemic.

Senior Liberals said there was agreement it had to be one or the other. But even after a $3 billion saving from the wage freeze and $810 million from abandoning the stadium refurbishment, they were well short of the $20 billion that could be wiped from the state's coffers by the pandemic. "That's $4 billion down, $16 billion to go," one senior Liberal said.

The tender for the stadium redevelopment had already progressed to a shortlist, with Multiplex, Watpac and Laing O'Rourke all vying to undertake the project. The government was due to award the design and construction contract in June.

But Deputy Premier John Barilaro said an "unprecedented crisis calls for an unprecedented recovery and redirecting funding from Stadium Australia to job-creating infrastructure builds is the right thing to do for the people of NSW".

You're very predictable beatup!!! But it really does take some really special kinda special guy to get some sort of pleasure out of an issue like this at a time this. And yep......................you're that special guy beatup!!!!!!!!

I suspect the rebuild will be done at some more suitable time in the future. You can then start your squealing, whining,jealously based idiocy all over again pal!!!!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:35 am

Beatup eh?

By Michael Koziol
May 31, 2020

Credit:

You're very predictable beatup!!! But it really does take some really special kinda special guy to get some sort of pleasure out of an issue like this at a time this. And yep......................you're that special guy beatup!!!!!!!!

I suspect the rebuild will be done at some more suitable time in the future. You can then start your squealing, whining,jealously based idiocy all over again pal!!!!!!!
I'm happy today.

The AFL requested ANZ Stadium stay in oval configuration for the AFL's and cricket's needs in Sydney. We can still play blockbusters and finals at Sydney's biggest stadium and the NSW taxpayers like myself are saved from a monumental waste of our hard earned dollars. Great result for all, particularly sports in NSW. :thumbleft:

Oh and cheer up pal. We just got to learn to share the infrastructure in Sydney.
Pippen94
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Pippen94 »

Beaussie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:42 am

Beatup eh?

I'm happy today.

The AFL requested ANZ Stadium stay in oval configuration for the AFL's and cricket's needs in Sydney. We can still play blockbusters and finals at Sydney's biggest stadium and the NSW taxpayers like myself are saved from a monumental waste of our hard earned dollars. Great result for all, particularly sports in NSW. :thumbleft:
Corona trumped afl
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beatup eh?

I'm happy today.

Oh and cheer up pal. We just got to learn to share the infrastructure in Sydney.
Good on ya pal!!!!!!! I don't anyone else that is actually applauding the consequences of the corona virus. You sure are one of a kind!!!! Maybe you can now pray for a second wave for some perverse reasoning. Personally I'm quite happy the RL is back and C-19 is on the run. But that's just me pal!!!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:56 am

I'm happy today.

Good on ya pal!!!!!!! I don't anyone else that is actually applauding the consequences of the corona virus. You sure are one of a kind!!!! Maybe you can now pray for a second wave for some perverse reasoning. Personally I'm quite happy the RL is back and C-19 is on the run. But that's just me pal!!!!!!
Oh settle petal. This has nothing to do with corona virus for me. It was a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars to begin with... well before COVID-19 and would have resulted in a denial of access for Australia's 2 national sports in the AFL and Cricket - denying them access to the biggest stadium in Sydney.

Calm the farm pal. This is a good outcome. All sports can continue to use the wonderful Olympic Stadium and the funds saved can now be put towards more worthy job creating projects that actually stack up in a business case sense.

Everyone wins :thumbleft:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:13 am
Terry wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:56 am

I'm happy today.

Oh settle petal. This has nothing to do with corona virus for me. It was a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars to begin with... well before COVID-19 and would have resulted in a denial of access for Australia's 2 national sports in the AFL and Cricket - denying them access to the biggest stadium in Sydney.

Calm the farm pal. This is a good outcome. All sports can continue to use the wonderful Olympic Stadium and the funds saved can now be put towards more worthy job creating projects that actually stack up in a business case sense.

Everyone wins :thumbleft:
Haha beatup!!! If I was any calmer I'd be asleep pal!! Personally at this point in time it's not a big issue. I do however find it rather perverse that folk like you are cheering a decision that you perceive to benefit your fave sport and disadvantage another. Particularly when that decision was made due to a one in a hundred year pandemic that is killing people!! Strange pal........very strange. But that's fumble fans for ya!!!!!!!

In any case it will happen down the track and in the meantime will have no adverse effect on RL & will not assist your fumbling game in any meaningful way. I mean your fave fumblers broke a contract to get away from the joint they hated it so much. But by all means continue to applaud the C-19 effects if it makes ya feel good pal!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

2 national sports
Lol.
Only an afl fan could want 3 AFL grounds for 2 teams ..
& they have trouble filling either of the ones they have .
Lol except for sellout crowds with 1/4 of the place empty .
These users liked the author AFLcrap1 for the post:
Pippen94 (Sun May 31, 2020 12:04 pm)
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o