COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

I know I’m right when Terry doesn’t address the point! At all.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You're not right
You keep saying it yet you avoid thepoints I've raised

The only ones screaming clusterfuck & pr disaster were Ch 9 Fairfax ..with an agenda & jealous fumblers like you .

As I've pointed out over & over yet you ignore .
Dates things that were claimed by the nrl that were going to happen .have happened
Things they said were given the ok by th GOVTs ..were ok

So how can it be a disaster when they were right .
It's hilarious watching you avoid this
As I've said
You fell for the ch 9 bullshit ..un named sources agenda driven crap etc .
Lol lol lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Re dates: 2 points. Always been happy with the date .. the issue was the mess when it was first announced. V’landys had to step in and who knows if he didn’t what would have happened given the mess around when it was announced with clubs, medical officers and politicians all going “what”. Again, that was the issue ... it was clear mismanaged hence V’landys stepping in. You think he’d have stepped in if it was going well? In business, and particuarly for someone in V’landys role..it is often about process rather than content if you have to prioritise as a poor process doesn’t get results. That’s why V’landys stepped in. The fact things weren’t smoothed over with many of the powers that be prior to releasing was just embarrassing. Hence ... a CEO was sacked in the middle of probably the biggest crisis to face the nrl in its history. You can say I’m wrong and that’s fine... it’s your read on things.... I know I’m right and have shown numerous reasons why this is so. I’m not here to convince or debate. I’ve explained as much as I can . You either get it and agree or don’t get it and disagree. It is frivolous for me to continue to explain as you have ample before you to accept or discard at your will. That’s fine. I think I’ve addressed all your points but if I have missed any please list them (preferably numbered) and will attempt to address.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You are altering the facts to try to back up your fantasies .
Show anywhere where Greenberg was sacked due to the restart announcement...lol I'll wait
The agaenda was started by Fairfax wanting to know why no $$$ were saved by the ARLC .

It had nothing to do with these made up board scenarios you keep posting .
So feel free to post something to back up this shit ,
& by something I mean a source ......not one of your theories .

& just for the lols
Please post again
I know I'm right .
It's great comedy

& still avoiding where was the pr disaster except for screaming Fairfax headlines
No where .although you get excited over it
As you keep ignoring .
The dates
The govt clearances were all true ..so how can there be a disaster when things said by the NRl were spot on
So where is the disaster except in Ch 9 s agenda & your fantasies
Try to address this without weird theories
Or ranting crap .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:52 pm
You're not right
You keep saying it yet you avoid thepoints I've raised

The only ones screaming clusterfuck & pr disaster were Ch 9 Fairfax ..with an agenda & jealous fumblers like you .

As I've pointed out over & over yet you ignore .
Dates things that were claimed by the nrl that were going to happen .have happened
Things they said were given the ok by th GOVTs ..were ok

So how can it be a disaster when they were right .
It's hilarious watching you avoid this
As I've said
You fell for the ch 9 bullshit ..un named sources agenda driven crap etc .
Lol lol lol
It was more than one thing he went on about also. The commission had the audacity (I would say balls) to ask for some of the money the government was handing out wily nily. And then talked about how ridiculous the league was looking in its attempts to get back early, likening it to some sort of island hopping.

One giant cluster fuck according to Fred.

And then the usual lecture on how we would all be better off if everyone just conducted there business in the same manner as our saviour, Sir Gilligan.

………………. 9 days
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol yep

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:29 am
Show anywhere where Greenberg was sacked due to the restart announcement...lol I'll wait
The agaenda was started by Fairfax wanting to know why no $$$ were saved by the ARLC .

& just for the lols
Please post again
I know I'm right .
It's great comedy

& still avoiding where was the pr disaster except for screaming Fairfax headlines
As you keep ignoring .
The dates
The govt clearances were all true ..so how can there be a disaster when things said by the NRl were spot on
Or ranting crap .

1. As mentioned ... you don’t sack someone in the middle is the biggest crisis to hit the game because you think they”re capable of managing that crisis. Again, he was sacked very soon after the announcement where those who should have know where expressing bewilderment at not being informed.... this was in press conferences not reports of you media conspiracy. Opinion peices may have been in those papers which is fine but that FACT premiers were stating they hadn’t seen any plans was beyond belief. That you can’t seem to acknowledge that also seems unbelievable, albeit consistent. I think I have told you this several times but you keep asking the same thing. If you are looking for a smoking gun where V’landys comes out and says I am sacking Todd Greenberg because he was incompetent and the final straw was the release date fuck up ... well you are not going to get him saying that. I know that is hard for you because it either is and it isn’t (and you are probably thinking ... “well of course it is)” but that’s really not how the world works. I am drawing a conclusion based on several things happening and from where I sit it was total clusterfuck that the nrl even allowed for there to be so much for the media to scorn them on... which wasn’t hard given all the people, from clubs, to politicians, to medical officers, all expressing either they weren’t informed, had yet to see a plan, or thought it was not a good idea. The fact that these people where not all over this and up to date and felt they were working in collaboration was the fuck up. Again, V’landys gets this ... hence his actions to take over and get rid of someone who was obviously not up to the job. I think Goldberg was on thin ice anyway... but that could have waited but to have to feel like he needed to be sacked right then and there ... the clusterfuck surrounding the press release of the date of return certainly highlighted his incompetence and forced him to act.

I am right. Of course I’m right. Of course you are free to disagree with me and all I say.... which you are doing. That’s fine. We will just have to leave it at that. I don’t want to get into one of your and lic continued round about of trying to convince the other they are wrong or right. I’m pretty sure I’m right. You probably think you are right. So I will try and leave it there as nothing I can say will change your mind and vice versus.

On Gil... I’m not overly a big fan to be honest. He was handed a golden egg laying goose. He was fortunate the afl was in a far superior financial position and could take a slowly slowly approach. I think that was wise and fortunate as I think that should the circumstances have necessitated it and he had to get going ASAP I don’t think he would have done nearly the job V’landys has done since he took over the dirty work from Greenberg.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Stop digging yourself in deeper Fred, Greenburg . His tenure was up and he realised the best thing he could do for all concerned was walk away.

When Greenberg took over Rugby league was $150million dollar company. When he walked away it was a half a Billion dollar company.

Im assuming that the AFL are in such great financial health that they took out a $600m bank loan just for the fun of it :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

:roll: Yes... he walked away ..... I’ll leave that at that ](*,) ](*,)

On the AFL. ... firstly it wasn’t a loan but anyway. The afl also has been hit incredibly hard by the virus ... Not sure I said otherwise?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I am pretty sure it was a Loan
A $600,000.000 loan

From AFL website

NAB, ANZ comes to the Party as AFL secures huge loan
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:51 pm
I am pretty sure it was a Loan
A $600,000.000 loan

From AFL website

NAB, ANZ comes to the Party as AFL secures huge loan
It was a $600M line of credit. Meaning they can draw on it up to that amount but may not use it all. Exactly the same as the NRL except they got $250M.

Bottom line is after all the AFL propaganda 101 as to how well managed they are they had to immediately run & get a massive line of credit or go under. The golden egg ownership of Marvel stadium put them in a slightly better position than the NRL. But as I have repeatedly said they bought it for $200M with a $280M bank loan.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 am)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Don't AFL also earn more - broadcast rights, crowd revenue, sponsorship etc I believe? - Wookie used to post this regularly. From what is said it seems the NRL squandered a lot of their money also? Don;t you have the annual reports of each? If so could you post the figures - or if Wookie is checking in maybe he could - no offence but he seems a bit more on the money so to speak.

Ever bought property Terry - cost is always more than the agreed price due to taxes, stamp duty, convening etc. anyway. Not your area i know but that;s the way it is. If they paid 280 mil that does seem like a lot over but I'd have to see the books. Does the AFL also have a future fund? If so, is this also used now? Still would only be a fraction of what was required. Did the AFL also make a lot out of Waverly? Anyway it is valued at over 1 billion apparently. NAnd before you go on that it is not worth that - based on what they afl paid only recently (290 mil) the AFL could have waited til 2025 and got it for basically nothing so fortunately they didn't do that and forked out the money to get it early. I thought it was crazy - why wouldn't you wait and save the 280 mil? but it seems to have been a good thing now that they own the asset and can use it as they have.

I think Marvel was recently valued at a lot more also - although I suspect this would be rejected as false or something - as it is positive for the AFL - seems to be the way these things work on here which is fine.

Anyway - I think it is universally agreed the NRL blew a lot of their money prior to Covid - 19 - but my man Vlandy's is sorting it out. you all should be very grateful for him - he is both your messiah and a very naughty boy - which is really needed. Keep him at all costs. I think the AFL should swoop in if he does leave the NRL.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:10 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:29 am

& just for the lols
Please post again
I know I'm right .
It's great comedy

As you keep ignoring .
The dates
Or ranting crap .

1. As mentioned ... you don’t sack someone in the middle is the biggest crisis to hit the game because you think they”re capable of managing that crisis. Again, he was sacked very soon after the announcement where those who should have know where expressing bewilderment at not being informed.... this was in press conferences not reports of you media conspiracy. Opinion peices may have been in those papers which is fine but that FACT premiers were stating they hadn’t seen any plans was beyond belief. That you can’t seem to acknowledge that also seems unbelievable, albeit consistent. I think I have told you this several times but you keep asking the same thing. If you are looking for a smoking gun where V’landys comes out and says I am sacking Todd Greenberg because he was incompetent and the final straw was the release date fuck up ... well you are not going to get him saying that. I know that is hard for you because it either is and it isn’t (and you are probably thinking ... “well of course it is)” but that’s really not how the world works. I am drawing a conclusion based on several things happening and from where I sit it was total clusterfuck that the nrl even allowed for there to be so much for the media to scorn them on... which wasn’t hard given all the people, from clubs, to politicians, to medical officers, all expressing either they weren’t informed, had yet to see a plan, or thought it was not a good idea. The fact that these people where not all over this and up to date and felt they were working in collaboration was the fuck up. Again, V’landys gets this ... hence his actions to take over and get rid of someone who was obviously not up to the job. I think Goldberg was on thin ice anyway... but that could have waited but to have to feel like he needed to be sacked right then and there ... the clusterfuck surrounding the press release of the date of return certainly highlighted his incompetence and forced him to act.

I am right. Of course I’m right. Of course you are free to disagree with me and all I say.... which you are doing. That’s fine. We will just have to leave it at that. I don’t want to get into one of your and lic continued round about of trying to convince the other they are wrong or right. I’m pretty sure I’m right. You probably think you are right. So I will try and leave it there as nothing I can say will change your mind and vice versus.

On Gil... I’m not overly a big fan to be honest. He was handed a golden egg laying goose. He was fortunate the afl was in a far superior financial position and could take a slowly slowly approach. I think that was wise and fortunate as I think that should the circumstances have necessitated it and he had to get going ASAP I don’t think he would have done nearly the job V’landys has done since he took over the dirty work from Greenberg.
Another load of waffling gibberish with nothing to back it up except your version of events .

When you have something other than your imagination get back to me
I'm sure you're wrong .
& isn't it amazing how you keep ignoring where I say the NRl were right with dates & assurances
So there was no clusterfuck
No pr disaster except by Fairfax & you .

Simply put & you can't seem to grasp it
It has been proven that the nrl were talking the truth re dates ..assurances etc
Then how can it be what you claim .

I'll expect a waffling reply that ignores this fact .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I’m not playing this game you and lic played. See my posts above for facts and summation. If you don’t get it or agree that’s fine. My next response will simply state. See above and reread. I simply can’t make it more simpler.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So that's a no
When asked a question you can't answer about your repeated claims of pr disaster & clusterfuck
You don't want to answer .
Lol
lol
Lol
It's a simple question relating to what you keep posting .
& funny you should mention LIC
He can't back up his claims with any proof either .

Next ..
This ones done

🤣
Xman wrote