COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Lol lol
Ignored where I posted that PVL would have been in on the decisions .

He has been in on decisions for 5 months before the comp stopped
So your version of events is lolable
But then again
Even when it was shown over & over that the Fairfax 9 campaign was to sling shit & usually by un named sources ..lol
You lapped the shit up & went with their version .
As you still are
They didn't want the comp to start again this year to save $$
What's the best way to do that .
Run a media campaign against the nrl ..lol easily done when you own the media .
But oh pr mess
Pr mess
Pr mess
Lol

Edit
I will also add
That out of GOVTs officials & PVL .
One seemed to be telling the truth .
About getting the ok to start .
The things he claimed were given the ok have been surprise surprise been true.
GOVTs stalling ...not being truthful ......that's something new :(/ :(/ :(/ .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I guess we have differing views.

For what it’s worth, and I’m guessing you’ve had little if none experience on boards and how they relate to the operations through CEO etc which is fair enough. But if you are bringing in people to do a job that’s what you are doing... paying them good compensation to do a good job and carry out direction and adhere to the strategic plans. You don’t pay good money then want to be micro managing. I think in V’landys position he would have given direction re start dates etc and said get it done after a meeting covering what needed to be done. It’s really that simple. He wants to be kept up to date probably weekly teleconference or meeting ... and if he is being told governments on board he’s going to take that as all bases covered. When the nrl released details and several people who should know stated they didn’t or where not on board... I suspect shit hit the fan and that was the straw that saw Greenberg sacked... cause it is exactly his job to ensure the things that happen... didnt. But hey, that’s my take on it. There are clear facts that lead me to this such as 1. All the prominent people who came out and said they hadn’t been consulted who should have been 2. The general confusion expressed by several clubs as to what and when and how. 3. Todd Greenberg was sacked shortly after. 4. The relative smooth run since Goldberg has gone and V’landys temporarily stepped in (I say to clean up the mess).

I am not sure why the contrary view as it is very clear and you also have noted previously, along with others, how crap the nrl admin have been over many years ... so no new revelations here that they stuffed up again. Indeed it is a good thing long term I think as V’landys has now been able to weed through the inept starting at the top and pull things into line. The Nrl are in good shape if he stays. He’ll appoint a CEO that he knows and who knows what he expects ... and the ceo will similarly employ staff in the same manner. I think the afl should be somewhat concerned to be honest as it will have some serious competition for once. I think V’landys would take down Gil if it came to that. Gil is a smooth operator whereas V’landys is a junk yard dog. But he doesn’t want to have to be doing the grind work ... that’s not his job. That’s why you employ people who you hope are better at their job than you would be at it.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

For what it's worth your big noting of how boards work is just that .
I'm sure the NRl will be happy to know that you have first hand knowledge of the inner workings of the ARLC & what goes on at meetings .
As usual implying how smart you are .
Lol
All boards are not the same
Yet you seem to imply you know what happened with PVL & Greenberg.
Fact is you're full of it .
You dont know
So you go on with some long waffling answer to something that ..lol to use one of your fave terms FACT is may not even be close to what really happened
PVL is a very hands on operater.
As many have said who have had dealings with him .
He is not a sit back pull the strings In the shadows type .

So try to deal with Facts instead of fantasy

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh & avoiding where I showed that PVL was the one who was right about dates etc.
The GOVTs were shown to be saying one thing yet agreeing on the quiet or not knowing what their relative departments had said .
All you do is continually say
PR Mess
Or is a problem .
I highlight where that was wrong ..no problem .no pr mess except for the sensationalist headlines & stories of 9/Fairfax .
Here's a hint
Don't just blindly believe the media or one side of the media .
Because they've been shown to have an agenda .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Always backed V’landys and supported the date. He makes things happen. He rolled the dice and was right.

I did point out the reasons that I came to my conclusion. Not just basing it on nothing and also gave a detailed response as to why.

List whatever I missed as i didn’t read all your post... skimmed over it. You can disagree if you like and that’s fine. I’m not wanting to change your mind just pointing out what I think. Seems I’m not alone... but doesn’t mean you have to agree.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So you're supposed to be debating
But
Skimmed over posts
Idiot :(/ :(/
Skimmed over the bits you don't want to address .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yeah. My main point was to highlight why I came to my conclusions hence the points I noted. I think I addressed the point about V’landys being in the meeting ... in that he would of given direction but not micromanaging it. Having had to step in ... cause you don’t step in if things are going well... he has had to do the work his subordinates should have done right and done it well. He wouldn’t be happy about having to do that but at least he knows where the problem is/was.

But yes, your point is taken ... if I’m going to debate I should read all of your posts. Maybe put them in point form and I’ll address as such. Usually do this on the toilet or when misses is watching something on tv I’m not into ... but internet is down on the main frame in the office so filling time here too.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Don't care about your incessant waffling about your life
This is a sports forum .
You want to argue sports try reading posts you are replying to .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:36 pm
Always backed V’landys and supported the date. He makes things happen. He rolled the dice and was right.

I did point out the reasons that I came to my conclusion. Not just basing it on nothing and also gave a detailed response as to why.

List whatever I missed as i didn’t read all your post... skimmed over it. You can disagree if you like and that’s fine. I’m not wanting to change your mind just pointing out what I think. Seems I’m not alone... but doesn’t mean you have to agree.

Fred stop telling porkies. Rugby league was doing a bad, bad thing a couple of months back according to you.
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 pm)
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Not sure what you mean? In relation to what?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:26 am
Fred wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Fred stop telling porkies. Rugby league was doing a bad, bad thing a couple of months back according to you.
Yep the word clusterfuck was repeatedly used by him ( lol after believing what the agenda driven media had said ..usually with the laughable un named source or source close to blah blah .)
He was highly critical of PVL when he enquires about Govt money .
Pr disaster .lol

Fred's post from page 9 of this thread
Straight after I posted that the deputy Premier was all for the restart.
Lol even quoted him ..not an un named source.

I was just listening to the abc and the guy was saying neither premier has approved it? For me, it’s not a matter of whether it goes ahead or not... it’s the clusterfuck surrounding it.... just seems the nrl admin just have no idea at all... this, however you look at it... has not been managed well... there just seems to be many different opinions and perspectives from people in power ... the lack or coordination and management on this has at the very least been a pr disaster ... who is running the show here in the nrl ... you’d think they would have had all their dicks lined up prior to releasing anything... just makes them look incompetent. Look at the afl . Very little in the media ... no announcements ... but I can bet that behind the scenes things are on over drive and very professional.

Seems one organisation the NRL was telling the truth
Others..GOVTs were stalling ..or lying about giving the ok .
Because everything PVL has stated about staring & getting the go ahead has been true

So how is that a clusterfuck
How is that a pr disaster .

Lol
I'll await the waffling reply

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh & a couple more criticising PVL

But this isn’t about that aflcrap .... this is about the incompetence and sheer stupidity of the nrl asking for handouts at this time..... public relations stuff up big time. Shows total incompetence. And that statement ... Australia is not Australia without RL ..... seriously .... since when are parts of nsw and parts of qld Australia lol. But seriously, stupidest comment.

It also highlights the fragility of finances for the NRL. There own bosses are saying this would ruin them if no handouts! So lic has been right all along.

Post by Fred » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm

I agree... but still say the nrl coming out like he did was unbelievably stupid.... like jaw dropping stupid. Talk about running the brand down .... in a time when the brand needs bolstering.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yep and I stand by that. Not sure how that relates to what pussy said. I think I actually said that whilst I support the nrl getting back ASAP the process was total clusterfuck .. said in relation to them announcing a date and all these people coming out and stating they haven’t been consulted. It was after that the V’landys stepped in ... sacked Goldberg etc. so don’t confuse the two.

Only responding to first line of yours crapper. Haven’t read the rest.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay ... Re reading your first quotes post ... everything I said there was correct. It was after this V’landys stepped in and took over.

The other quotes.... I still stand by V’landys putting his hand for money was a big mistake... particuarly as to how and when. He hasn’t put a foot wrong since I think. I would say that was his 1 mistake.

So again, I’m not sure what you are on about. I can forgive his one mistake in light of his brilliant performance since. I think if he had his time again he would have handled that differently.

The rest I am spot on. Always supported the content (return dates) ... the process at the start under greedberg wax indeed cluaterfuck and V’landys actions also seem to support that view having sacked Goldberg. And if you think there were other factors, no doubt, but you don’t sack the CEO in time’s of crisis over other factors unrelated to the crisis... you wait. He sacked him because he had to because, as I have pointed out and as most others clearly see (it’s really not that hard) he was incapable of managing the process. Look at how well things have gone since V’landys stepped in and took over the day to day running side of things from Greenberg. Pretty good I would say.

Anyway. That’s my view. No contradictions ... no back tracking. Evidence is there for you to interpret. It’s really a no brainer. Goldberg sacked after fucking up the basics ....clusterfucked there process. V’landys ... brilliant ... one error but forgivable.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:16 pm
Okay ... Re reading your first quotes post ... everything I said there was correct. It was after this V’landys stepped in and took over.

The other quotes.... I still stand by V’landys putting his hand for money was a big mistake... particuarly as to how and when. He hasn’t put a foot wrong since I think. I would say that was his 1 mistake.

So again, I’m not sure what you are on about. I can forgive his one mistake in light of his brilliant performance since. I think if he had his time again he would have handled that differently.

The rest I am spot on. Always supported the content (return dates) ... the process at the start under greedberg wax indeed cluaterfuck and V’landys actions also seem to support that view having sacked Goldberg. And if you think there were other factors, no doubt, but you don’t sack the CEO in time’s of crisis over other factors unrelated to the crisis... you wait. He sacked him because he had to because, as I have pointed out and as most others clearly see (it’s really not that hard) he was incapable of managing the process. Look at how well things have gone since V’landys stepped in and took over the day to day running side of things from Greenberg. Pretty good I would say.

Anyway. That’s my view. No contradictions ... no back tracking. Evidence is there for you to interpret. It’s really a no brainer. Goldberg sacked after fucking up the basics ....clusterfucked there process. V’landys ... brilliant ... one error but forgivable.
Oh dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The great Frederico giving frank and fearless character and business assessments about the NRL lolololololol!!!!! That'd be like Zeppo Marx giving a frank and fearless assessment of the Communist Manifesto!!!!! Yep.................ridiculous!!!!

Stick to what you.........................ummmmmmm....................know Freddo lololololol