Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by Fred »

I think he is seeing who can and cannot do the job. He has had to step in and do a lot of the work of others which he shouldn't have to do - so he will be questioning why he had to. He's got a lot to do - a lot of entrenched stuff however am excited to watch how he operates and addressed the clusterfuck that has been NRL admin for many years. This virus thing has just shone a light on the inept and possibly a godsend for the NRL as people will not be able to hide. It is the power struggles I am looking forward and hope Vlandys is able to transition from an old system to a desperately needed new one.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
No matter how many times the word "clusterfuck " is repeated doesn't make it so.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 am
It is probable he thinks that the current circumstances are a great opportunity for reform.
I seen new “execs Under whatever title come in and see what’s wrong with a company but miss what’s right.
He may go too hard too fast.
Not too sure all the clubs will survive till the end of 2021.

If a company's revenue has increase 300% in the last 8 years. How is there something wrong with how the business is being run? Greenburg was a scapegoat - nothing more.

37more days to lift off! :thumbleft:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:56 am
I think he is seeing who can and cannot do the job. He has had to step in and do a lot of the work of others which he shouldn't have to do - so he will be questioning why he had to. He's got a lot to do - a lot of entrenched stuff however am excited to watch how he operates and addressed the clusterfuck that has been NRL admin for many years. This virus thing has just shone a light on the inept and possibly a godsend for the NRL as people will not be able to hide. It is the power struggles I am looking forward and hope Vlandys is able to transition from an old system to a desperately needed new one.
Great to see you're comin' on board with Australia's most watched sport Frederico old son!!!!!!!! Strangely however I don't quite agree with your simplistic perception of what has occurred in the past. Use of words such as 'clusterfuck', 'desperate', 'entrenched' etc just don't cut the mustard on any objective intelligent take on the sport.

You of course won't agree or understand but I'll give ya a little tip Freddy..........nothing you see or hear in the media or stated by vested interests is ever as bad as they make out. Neither is it as good as they make out when they then go on the flip side of a story. As they do.

I haven't agreed with everything that PVL has done however I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Time will tell my friend. In the meantime I suggest you get your head around the fact your fave sport will have bank loans approaching $1B. Oh that's right.............all loans are good!! Ya just declare bankruptcy & start again lolololol!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think my understanding is spot on. Unfolding just as I said. Hardly hearing about the start date anymore - he has fixed that up. Now he is running a broom through the place. Every thing I have said is true ... what more do you want. Vlandy's has clean up (insert whatever you want to call that PR disaster and total mismanagement where he had to lock Greenberg out of talks) and is doing a great job so far. I certainly am a fan to be honest - as he is a doer and I like seeing someone who knows what he is doing and doing well.

Notice not much being heard about the AFL?

And I'll get LIC to explain the diff between a line of credit and a loan :) Come on surely even you know that.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

If there is nothing wrong at the NRL what is Greenberg a scapegoat for?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:18 pm
If there is nothing wrong at the NRL what is Greenberg a scapegoat for?
I'm not sure what channel 9 want . But whatever it is they obviously think there a much better chance of getting it if Greenberg is out of the picture.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Because he was incompetent. What what I said unfold before your eyes. Clean out a coming. Also liking how things have gone quiet. This is what should have been done ... ensure all your ducks are lined up behind the scenes....then make the announcement ... clustefuck indeed.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Might work in fumbleville
Doesn't work in the real world
Repeating the same thing over & over & expecting peopel to believe it .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You repeating over and over it wasn’t doesn’t make it so either. The facts are clearly there so there is no real argument so not sure what you are on about denying it. The announcement was poorly managed... hence V’landys stepped in. Nine were stating they weren’t consulting. Premiers, ministers, and other important people were saying they new nothing and that they would not be allowing border crossings etc. Storm didn’t know where they were to train and the warriors were asking someone to inform them what was going on as they needed to know whether to leave or not. No one is saying some people weren’t consulted ... sine where ... but to come out an make an official announcement with so so many people stating they hadn’t been consulted was unbelievably inept. How you could think otherwise should astound me but think you just be contrary for the sake of it. This is the main reason V’landys stepped in. Which he wouldn’t be happy about as that what bosses want to do... you employ people who should be able to do the job. You shouldn’t have to oversee basic micro things. This is why you have managers implement decisions and directions. Otherwise you may as well do it yourself.

And I tell you how you do it... you get journalists to announce this things unofficially and read the room. Want to have hubs or bubbles ... put it out there... want to announce a start date... put it out there with some journalist reporting it... get a feel and read the room. Spot the holes and plug them. A premier says its news to her... get on the phone (and kick the arse of whoever didn’t take care of that already). This is just again basic business and more so politics 101 guys. It’s not brain surgery. Gill gets this.... V’landys gets this. And if you think that’s not right just have a look how things are going since he stepped in. I’m a big fan... seems cut off the same cloth as myself. I suspect he is fairing a bit better financially though ... but a lot busier I’m guessing lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

36 more days to lift off.

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

2019 Merchandise sales.(Sydney)

Swans miles behind.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ES51nRqUYAAKWMm.jpg

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The most followers of any code.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETCy2sFUUAAPSum.png :thumbleft:

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol wait for the but but buts ..it's social media .
The same social media that was being used by a fumbler to try to back up some crap that was posted .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:33 am
2019 Merchandise sales.(Sydney)

Swans miles behind.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ES51nRqUYAAKWMm.jpg

Is that saying the swans are fourth out of all codes ?
Veni, vidi, vici