Rugby Australia seems to be in a lot of trouble financially.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Rugby Australia seems to be in a lot of trouble financially.

Post by Fred »

I was of the belief they had a fair bit in their future fund? Still not enough of course but compared to nrl hadn’t squandered it? Anyone know about the afls cash reserves prior to this virus ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:12 am
Fred wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:30 am
Afl can afford it though ... well could.
AFL has been in too. Plenty of pay cuts and layoffs in all codes.
No sport in immune.
Yep. I'm actually surprised at the AFL's position. They have about the same amount of cash as the NRL to deal with this. They've cut staff, wages & costs in the same way the NRL have done. And they immediately got a $600M bank line of credit to save 'em. Not exactly the super duper position their made out to be.

And yes.......they have an asset. But they bought it for $200M with a $280M bank loan. That's some debt their gonna have at the end of this!!!!!

Re business loan.. I have explained this before re: you never use your own money for business ...sort of 101 re: business running. So debt such as this is good debt and financially prudent .. only a sucker would use their own money. Example: you want to buy an investment property ... you have cash flow of maybe 1 million from other properties .. you don’t but the house for 1 million even if you have 10 million in the bank. You go to the bank and say lend me 1.2 million (cover costs) and right that debt off your income whilst he asset appreciates. Never use your own money folks ...
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:11 pm

No sport in immune.
Yep. I'm actually surprised at the AFL's position. They have about the same amount of cash as the NRL to deal with this. They've cut staff, wages & costs in the same way the NRL have done. And they immediately got a $600M bank line of credit to save 'em. Not exactly the super duper position their made out to be.

And yes.......they have an asset. But they bought it for $200M with a $280M bank loan. That's some debt their gonna have at the end of this!!!!!

Re business loan.. I have explained this before re: you never use your own money for business ...sort of 101 re: business running. So debt such as this is good debt and financially prudent .. only a sucker would use their own money. Example: you want to buy an investment property ... you have cash flow of maybe 1 million from other properties .. you don’t but the house for 1 million even if you have 10 million in the bank. You go to the bank and say lend me 1.2 million (cover costs) and right that debt off your income whilst he asset appreciates. Never use your own money folks ...
This is very problematic advice Frederico!!! I wouldn't suggest folk follow it. Some debt can be ok depending on a lot of other factors. But to say never use your own money is just plain wrong pal. I won't go right into it as you won't understand however I would caution folk to beware the money lenders!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:30 am
Afl can afford it though ... well could.
No sport in immune.

Lol .
Excatly
The brainwashed seem to take everything that aFL house say as gospel.
Don't question the leader .
He wouldn't lie to the masses would he?
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Oh Terry. This is why I holiday in bora bora and you settle for Europe lol.

I think I know a little bit about business and making money. What business uses it own money when it can borrow. A fool and his money are easily parted ... but by all means throw your own money in. Me... I’ll continue to get cheap loans and write them off. And if the businesses ever go broke wont be my money being lost. But hey... you go right ahead..... remember the old saying better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt. Ladies and gentlemen ... I give you Terry as exhibit A. Me thinks you’ve jumped the shark on this one my friend. Best you stay in your lane and at your station.
Last edited by Fred on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The AFL are a much bigger organisation than the nrl and also earn lots more revenue.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01 pm

I think I know a little bit about business and making money. What business uses it own money when it can borrow. A fool and his money are easily parted ... but by all means throw your own money in. Me... I’ll continue to get cheap loans and write them off. And if the businesses ever go broke wont be my money being lost. But hey... you go right ahead..... remember the old saying better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt. Ladies and gentlemen ... I give you Terry as exhibit A. Me thinks you’ve jumped the shark on this one my friend. Best you stay in your lane and at your station.
Good on ya Frederico...........at least you're havin' a go pal!!!!!!! I s'pose I'm just gonna have to trust you that you're some sort of super duper gun businessman lololololo!!!!!!! I mean anyone that holidays on some tiny dung hill in the middle of the Pacific Ocean must be some sorta financial whizz kid lolololololol!!!!!

And luckily for me pal nothing I have done has gone broke...........or come close to lose money. If that's your reason for getting bank loans I really can't help ya pal.................madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day Freddy!!!!!!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Lol lol

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

This doesn't look good for Australian Rugby. World Rugby now says they won't be bailing out Sanzar Rugby nations. Vice-Chairman Auguston Pichot said, "It's not about World Rugby giving handouts, because there's no handout possible. World Rugby does not have the 400 million pounds." Wowsers!!!!!! If this turns out to be true we can expect to see RA go into administration very very soon!!!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 54k39.html
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yeah wow interesting..

any idea what kind of figure they would be looking at if Government gave RA a compensation payout.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:07 am

Good on ya Frederico...........at least you're havin' a go pal!!!!!!! I s'pose I'm just gonna have to trust you that you're some sort of super duper gun businessman lololololo!!!!!!! I mean anyone that holidays on some tiny dung hill in the middle of the Pacific Ocean must be some sorta financial whizz kid lolololololol!!!!!

And luckily for me pal nothing I have done has gone broke...........or come close to lose money. If that's your reason for getting bank loans I really can't help ya pal.................madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bora Bora - dung heap. ?? Okay.

Terry - if you knew anything about business - anything - you would know what you are saying is just plain bad business. I don't need to go into insulting you or trying to prove you wrong - it just plainly is - simple as that. But I guess it is beside the point. The point being - there is no way an business, particularly a large business such as the AFL would put their own money into such a big venture. How do you think Trump still has billions after so many bankruptcies. Again, basic business 101 that was drilled into me as a kid. Guess I now know who he was referring to. But hey, you keep doing what you are doing - you seem happy - although the references to "pal" obviously shows I hit a nerve - and I will continue to do what I do. But I suggest you stay in your station when questioning others with obviously far more knowledge for want of making a fool of yourself. I will await some passive aggressive response smartarse response populated with the word Pal. :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 am
Terry wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:07 am

Bora Bora - dung heap. ?? Okay.

Terry - if you knew anything about business - anything - you would know what you are saying is just plain bad business. I don't need to go into insulting you or trying to prove you wrong - it just plainly is - simple as that. But I guess it is beside the point. The point being - there is no way an business, particularly a large business such as the AFL would put their own money into such a big venture. How do you think Trump still has billions after so many bankruptcies. Again, basic business 101 that was drilled into me as a kid. Guess I now know who he was referring to. But hey, you keep doing what you are doing - you seem happy - although the references to "pal" obviously shows I hit a nerve - and I will continue to do what I do. But I suggest you stay in your station when questioning others with obviously far more knowledge for want of making a fool of yourself. I will await some passive aggressive response smartarse response populated with the word Pal. :)
Ah Freddo..................you're definitely the Fred that keeps on Fredding lolololololololololololol Good on ya pal!!!!!!!

Now, whilst your financial insights are..............ummmm............yeah........insights lolololo.......the point of this site is sport. I suggest we stick to that.

And: I'm not sure why the term pal causes you so much angst. Pal - noun;friend, companion, comrade, confidant. It's a term of friendship and fellowship pal!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
I know who's nerve was hit .
& once again a fumbler ranting off topic .
This is about the dire straights Ru is in in this country .
Not how morally superior you think you are .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don't think I am morally superior - intellectually - well obviously yes, but not morally.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

In the first thing approaching good news for Australian Rugby in yonks they have secured a deal for Fox to broadcast their abridged 10 week domestic only comp starting in July. Details so far are scarce but the deal does not include the end of year internationals. (For our AFL friends that is where sovereign countries play each other in given sports. Unfortunately for you no sovereign country has ever heard of your game). That deal is still being worked on.

No details of the money involved has been released. I suspect though it was at a massive discount rate. Either way it is at least a sniff of positivity for the game.

We now have deals done by Peter The Great for Rugby League, in full and extended, and partially for Rugby. Gilty had better dismount from his polo pony quick smart and get a deal done for the fumbling game. He's looking decidedly inept at this point in time.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... 8eecfac5f1