The dog shit code of League wants treat their players as dogs

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: The dog shit code of League wants treat their players as dogs

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:15 pm
The Queensland Government is throwing an extra $40 million towards getting a new Townsville stadium, in another bid to secure support from Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

Treasurer and Sports Minister Curtis Pitt flew into the north Queensland rugby league city on Friday to make the pledge, which takes the state's contribution to $140 million.

He was flanked by North Queensland Cowboys captain Jonathan Thurston and chief executive Greg Tonner, who announced the club and the NRL would pour a combined $10 million into the project.
Where is the link for that!?

Either way it’s money for their own training Center not the stadium

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/05 ... owboys-hq/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 pm
NRL season 2020 return date: Brad Hazzard, Health Minister response
Health Minister Brad Hazzard has revealed the NSW Government has not given the NRL clearance to restart its 2020 season — and hasn’t had any official communication with the code for four weeks.
The Federal Government and Queensland Government have also spoken out to pull the NRL back into line with revelations the code has not received any special exemptions from coronavirus restrictions.
The extraordinary slap down comes after the NRL’s innovation committee on Thursday announced the third round of the season will proceed in seven weeks time on May 28.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical numpty nrl arse clowns
Geeezzzzz..,.....it's hard work with these uneducated, unresearched fumbling folk lolololol!!!! I've just answered this question on another thread Looooonnnnny boy!!! Hazzard is just that..................a hazard lolololol!!!!!

Please read the link pal. I don't intend conducting another Kindergarten class with ya......I've just done one with ya mate Frederico lololololol!!!!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/govern ... 54g6y.html
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

And here's more. PVL slaps down idiot politicians who haven't got a clue. Waddaya reckon Looooonnnnnyyyyy??????

PVL said "We are allowed to resume under the health order," V'landys said.

"We also have authorisation in writing (from NSW authorities)."

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22We+a ... e&ie=UTF-8
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 pm
The Queensland Government is throwing an extra $40 million towards getting a new Townsville stadium, in another bid to secure support from Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

Treasurer and Sports Minister Curtis Pitt flew into the north Queensland rugby league city on Friday to make the pledge, which takes the state's contribution to $140 million.

He was flanked by North Queensland Cowboys captain Jonathan Thurston and chief executive Greg Tonner, who announced the club and the NRL would pour a combined $10 million into the project.

No it's not
The training centre came after the stadium was nearly completed .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Very interesting .

John Barilaro reveals why NSW Government is backing return of NRL
Only days after NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard questioned restarting rugby league amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, The Daily Telegraph can reveal Mr Barilaro is now joining the Australian Rugby League Commission’s Project Apollo push personally.

A close friend of Canberra coach Ricky Stuart, the Deputy Premier said he expected to receive some criticism for helping fast-track rugby league’s return, and within just seven weeks, ahead of other major sports and industries.

However, the state government’s eagerness to revive the NRL competition is, he said, driven by the “significant uplift” it would provide NSW, both economically and from a social and wellbeing perspective.

Mr Barilaro added that, starting this week, he would also be offering to personally assist ARLC chairman Peter V’landys with issues like both the Queensland border situation and travel requirements for the returning New Zealand Warriors.

Incredibly, the announcement comes only days after Mr Hazzard not only questioned rugby league’s return, but suggested the code’s announced May 28 restart was yet to be confirmed.

Asked if Mr Hazzard should have better understood the government’s standing on the situation, the Deputy Premier said: “Brad probably should have but this is a moving beast and he’s been focused on the health disaster.

“I know he spoke about signing off on the orders, but I’m not sure if he was talking about signing off on protocols to ensure people are protected or if there was confusion around whether he has to do it legally. But he doesn’t.

“The reality is that the NRL chose to close itself down at the height of the pandemic. It made that decision for the welfare and wellbeing of its own staff, players and clubs. But there is no public order which stops rugby league from taking place.

“It’s no different to racing (which has been ongoing).

“So while there may have been some confusion, I can tell you that in the conversation I’ve had with the Premier and the Treasurer, we’ve all spoken about the NRL (returning) and said ‘yes, absolutely’. Of course we’ll sit down with them to check through protocols and measures, but we want to see the game up and running.”

Asked if the May 28 return date had state government support, Mr Barilaro was adamant: “It does.” He added that, from this week, he would begin liaising with all the relevant state and federal bodies to ensure the hyped Project Apollo date is met.

“And I’ll likely cop grief from other codes like soccer and Aussie rules,” he said.

“There will be people ask ‘why aren’t you saying the same for all?’. And I would say the same for all.

“But rugby league is at the heart of everything we do in NSW. I’ve been talking with a lot of people this past week and it’s clear that as the infections decrease, we start looking to where you lift restrictions with economic uplift, social uplift and mental wellbeing uplift.

“Where can you do that and minimise health risk?

“That’s what treasury will do with health experts for every industry.

“And when it comes to rugby league, the economic uplift will be significant. Just as the social and wellbeing uplift will be significant.

“There’s a real case there of looking at risk versus all those other opportunities and saying ‘yes, rugby league should be one of the first industries that should get the go ahead’.”

Asked if reviving the NRL would really help with the wellbeing of thousands left unemployed by COVID-19, Mr Barilaro said: “Look, it’s a tough one. And I’ve copped some criticism (for saying it will). But there’s a real issue right now because self-isolation is contrary to the Australian DNA.

“And I have no doubt that as much as we’re all hurting, rugby league can lift spirits.

“Rugby league brings families together. It sends a message that there is a level of normality on the horizon.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l ... 4091c2679a

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

leagueiscrap wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Apollo 28 launch date 45 more days :thumbleft:
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:34 pm)
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol with each passing day Ch9 look to have completely shot itself in the foot .
The comp will prob not restart that's my opinion .
But how the fuck do ch 9 think that Fox ..who are bleeding $$$ at an arterial rate will give up games if the comp gets up & running .

&. Lol at the fumblers on here screeching fuck up
Amateur .
Clusterfuck by the ARLC .
PVL Is going alright .

Ch 9 will prob be the big loser out of this .

Channel Seven reaches out to NRL about potential broadcast partnership
Michael ChammasApril 15, 2020 — 11.57pm

Channel Seven, the home of AFL, has reached out to the NRL about the potential of acquiring rugby league content in the future as Channel Nine looks to offload one of its three free-to-air matches.

The news comes as Nine boss Hugh Marks prepares to meet with Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany and ARLC chairman Peter V’landys on Thursday to renegotiate the broadcast deal for 2020 and determine when and how the season will resume.

[​IMG]
Seven chief executive James Warburton.James Alcock

The Herald has also been told by sources with knowledge of discussions that Fox Sports will not surrender its simulcast arrangement with Nine, the publisher of this masthead, nor does it intend to scrap the Friday 6pm game, as Nine is hoping.

On the eve of the crucial broadcast meeting, the NRL’s negotiating power has been significantly strengthened with revelations Channel Seven has expressed interest in the rights of the sport.

Seven West Media boss James Warburton, who didn’t return calls on Wednesday, has a close long-time relationship with NRL boss Todd Greenberg and is monitoring the code’s broadcast squabble as Seven positions itself as a potential partner should the NRL need to seek an alternative free-to-air broadcaster.

Uncertainty around the AFL, in combination with the postponement of the Tokyo Olympic Games, the cancellation of Wimbledon and the prospect of India not being able to tour Australia for the summer of cricket, could leave Seven with some funds to make a play at rugby league.

Rugby league icon Phil Gould has discussed plans to relaunch the NRL in late May, plus criticism from an old foe.

NRL matches are included on the Australian anti-siphoning list and there are currently three matches on free-to-air TV. That could mean there will be pressure on the NRL to ensure there is at least the same number of free-to-air matches going forward, which opens the door for Seven, despite its poor financial position.

Channel Seven’s AFL ratings in NSW and Queensland remain unimpressive, although NRL content would provide a much-needed boost to its eastern seaboard markets.

At a crucial meeting between the current broadcast partners and the NRL on Thursday at V’landys’ Racing NSW offices, Nine is expected to outline its desire for exclusive games and a willingness to part ways with the Thursday night game. It also wants exclusive games on Friday and Sunday.

It is expected Fox Sports will not agree to sacrificing the entire collection of weekly matches, basing its subscription service around an ‘‘every game, live and ad-free’’ sell.

Agreeing to hand Nine exclusivity would rob Fox Sports of the best games of the round, with the free-to-air network given first preference on matches.

Nine also want to discuss the removal of the Friday 6pm game, which Fox broadcasts against the free-to-air network’s news.

Channel Nine has experienced a decline in the Friday 8pm game ratings, something Fox Sports is well aware of and unwilling to compromise given the number of viewers who stay with Fox from the first to second Friday night game.

Nine’s preference, largely in a bid to bank the $130 million saving it announced to the stock exchange last week, would be for the NRL to wait until crowds are allowed back before the season resumes – even if it means no rugby league until 2021.

That won’t cut it with the NRL or Fox Sports, who are desperate to return as soon as possible to ensure the financial viability of the respective organisations.

It’s anticipated Nine’s tactic will be to stall. Prolong discussions for as long as possible to ensure there is less content to pay for.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ch...a ... 54k5t.html

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

See I think it will start on the date - I just think the process has been total clusterfuck - but maybe Vlandy is good enough to salvage - that's when management comes in - to oil the wheels when there is a fuck up - this may be his thing as that is what good management does. God knows it is needed in spades. The latest I read was that the Warriors hadn't been spoken to and did not know lots of details. Now, VLandy shouldn't have to do this- he should be expecting that those he employs would do this as the supposition is that they are competent. He is obviously having to step in - microdelgate - which he would not be happy with - and I suspect will rectify once all this is done and dusted - with mass changes in staff and management. You can't run a business where you have to watch over every little thing - that is why you employ competent managers - who employ competent staff. The level of incompetence so far has been amazing and I suspect Vlandys is keeping a a poker face outwardly but ripping through people internally - I doubt he suffers fools gladly. But he does seem to be doing a good job in that regard.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The only peopel thinking it's a clusterfuck are jealous fans of other sports & 9/Fairfax .
& wow Fairfax release the mis information that gets commented n .

Some dumb people on here ..
All media have an agenda .
How much you're willing to believe depends on how much brainwashing you had as a fumble kid .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Why is it when someone disagrees or thinks something is poor they are jealous. If that were the case AFLCRAP you would be the most jealous person regarding AFL around.

If you look at the comments on social media for one thing - there are lots of people, RL fans mostly, who think it is a bad idea and rubbishing NRL for this decision. Me, I think go for it if you can do it. As it is now, the NRL are coping a flogging in the media. Some of those may have an agenda - granted - but you can't deny Premiers and Minsters stating they have not been consulted, premiers stating they will not be granting special exemptions, players saying they haven't been informed about how it will all work, the Warriors management stating no one has spoken to them and they need to know now as they will have to leave Sunday to accommodate the training period. All these things show a lack of communication and good management - decisions on the fly so to speak - they are the visuals anyway and it's not like the NRL need any more poor publicity.

Compare this to the AFL. They have stated they hope to be going by May 31 - always have. Then very little until today. Whereas the NRL have came in for a barrage since stating their resumption date. Why - because people who should have been informed - were not. Again, I think and hope the NRL are able to get going - good for everyone (but apparently this is being jealous?) - but the optics are that it was not well coordinated or managed at all. I think having Vlandys there has been fortunate as think he is cleaning up the mess very well behind closed doors and outwardly where required - a good operator. Again, the NRL should do everything to keep him - each day I am more hopeful he may be the man the NRL has needed for so so long. Expect a clean out after all this as one thing this crisis done is shone a light on those in NRL administration who are simply not up to it. My concern is that there are many who hold power in the NRL structure who will not want to lose that power - if Vlandys can get rid of them and change the structures where broader interests take precedent of self-interest - then the future looks rosey.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol that's your opinion
based on what you have read .
Lol most of it was crap
Wouldn't you agree
& social media ..lol the same social media that gets scoffed at when anything positive about Rl is mentioned on here .
The people commenting on social media would have read the same sensationalist bullshit that you have been getting excited about .
The longer this goes on the more it is shown that Fairfax/9 talked a lot of shit .
Like the deputy premier coming out & backing up what PVL said .
Now comes the interesting part .
Does 7 take a game
Or just driving the price up to screw 9
Because fox won't give up anything .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Why is it when someone disagrees or thinks something is poor they are jealous. If that were the case AFLCRAP you would be the most jealous person regarding AFL around.

If you look at the comments on social media for one thing - there are lots of people, RL fans mostly, who think it is a bad idea and rubbishing NRL for this decision. Me, I think go for it if you can do it. As it is now, the NRL are coping a flogging in the media. Some of those may have an agenda - granted - but you can't deny Premiers and Minsters stating they have not been consulted, premiers stating they will not be granting special exemptions, players saying they haven't been informed about how it will all work, the Warriors management stating no one has spoken to them and they need to know now as they will have to leave Sunday to accommodate the training period. All these things show a lack of communication and good management - decisions on the fly so to speak - they are the visuals anyway and it's not like the NRL need any more poor publicity.

Compare this to the AFL. They have stated they hope to be going by May 31 - always have. Then very little until today. Whereas the NRL have came in for a barrage since stating their resumption date. Why - because people who should have been informed - were not. Again, I think and hope the NRL are able to get going - good for everyone (but apparently this is being jealous?) - but the optics are that it was not well coordinated or managed at all. I think having Vlandys there has been fortunate as think he is cleaning up the mess very well behind closed doors and outwardly where required - a good operator. Again, the NRL should do everything to keep him - each day I am more hopeful he may be the man the NRL has needed for so so long. Expect a clean out after all this as one thing this crisis done is shone a light on those in NRL administration who are simply not up to it. My concern is that there are many who hold power in the NRL structure who will not want to lose that power - if Vlandys can get rid of them and change the structures where broader interests take precedent of self-interest - then the future looks rosey.
Good on ya Freddo!! Another few hundred words to add to your upcoming PHD on THE GREAT GAME RUGBY LEAGUE lololololol. Unfortunately you don't understand the different ways the media work in the northern states V the fumbling states. Until you do it is pointless trying to explain it to folk as yourself.

In any case I am in awe at the volume of your RL posting. Keep it up pal. Gold star!!!!! =D =D =D =D =D
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:27 pm
Fred wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Good on ya Freddo!! Another few hundred words to add to your upcoming PHD on THE GREAT GAME RUGBY LEAGUE lololololol. Unfortunately you don't understand the different ways the media work in the northern states V the fumbling states. Until you do it is pointless trying to explain it to folk as yourself.

In any case I am in awe at the volume of your RL posting. Keep it up pal. Gold star!!!!! =D =D =D =D =D
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
They just don't get it
A prime example is the drug scandal .
Lol afl media ..no problem....RL is in trouble
RL media yep big problems .
That' went on for months & months ..with the head nodders all agreeing..frowning ..pointing the finger at RL
Lol
Then the truth came out

The longer this goes on the more the media is being shown to be full of it ..well more than usual.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think we can’t deny when the premier of qld states she is not granting special exemptions to qld nrl teams. We can’t deny that the warriors manager states no one has talk to them and they need some information Soon. We can’t deny the ACT head minister stated there would be no exemptions. There are a lot of people who should be in the know coming out and saying they have been told nothing.

As for social media... I agree news reported on there is hardly valid ... but the comments posted are people expressing their opinion and it has not been favourable in the main.

As for me knowing rl... I don’t. I do get news on my feed probably due to cookies from here I suspect and then when I read the articles it’s a rabbit hole I guess. But I’d be lucky to name 5 current players. I know smith from Storm and ado Carr. Dce. And now I’m struggling but sure I know a couple more. I know Todd Greenspan and V’landys though and Gus Gould cause he bangs on. The musses knows the langer family pretty well but haven’t seen them for a while ... but most of my knowledge comes from here to be honest. I know a few teams .. tigers, Storm, raiders, broncos, titans, cowboys, roosters, Penrith eels... parramatta...that’s about it but pretty good I think on that regard ... helps to live in qld I guess. So would say my knowledge has improved somewhat over the years which is a good thing ... hardly occupies my day a party when on the toilet and bored and come on here... guilty pleasures I guess. I read the news, check the stock market, check fb... then check here. Look at the highlighted comments and see who have posted .... decide to ignore or read ... then next time if I go to the toilet I’m bored but read everything I usually go against my better judgement and read the ones I skipped over... then either chuckle but sometimes think I should seriously answer ... often torn between having a go at AFLcrap and yourself seriously ... and correcting mistakes .... stirring AFLcrap... Or feeling sorry for him. Most times I tried to write something sensible but other times, particularly when I get nonsensical and immature responses from Terry, I need to answer for forcibly... which usually sees him back right off ( publican trait... tough guys until you stand up to them ... and usually drinks) but anyway I digress. So I think that answers the questions raised but I’m sure the usual drivel will ensue in response.

Anyway... the bigger picture is, and oddly one where AFLcrap and I disagree, is the nrl will return in just over a month. This is a good thing and if it does return at least we will be all on the same page in being happy about that.
Veni, vidi, vici