Lol McChins won't commit to refund on Memberships .

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Lol McChins won't commit to refund on Memberships .

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So we are told how big how rich how this how that Collington are .
Yet now Eddie won't answer will members be refunded their memberships if they ask .
Lol
As I've been told repeatedly ..people have lost jobs ..things look bad ..etc .
Yet this millionaire won't answer if he will refund .
Come on McChins ..look after the members .
What a pathetic human being .

Yahoo Sports
Eddie McGuire and Tony Jones have engaged in an extraordinary live TV clash over refunds for AFL fan memberships.
With the 2020 season suspended due to the coronavirus crisis and no footy for the foreseeable future, many have been left wondering what happens to the hard-earned money that fans paid for memberships.
With no games to attend, many members around the country have been asking for refunds.

And Jones put the question to McGuire on Nine News on Wednesday night, sparking a fiery debate about what fans should do.
McGuire, president of Collingwood Football Club, asked his members to stick with the club throughout the tough times, saying there would be no club without its members.
However he became incensed when Jones repeatedly pressed him about whether or not refunds would be available:
Jones : As the AFL competition remains in lockdown clubs are desperately trying to sift through the growing financial wreckage and the 'R' word keeps bobbing up – 'refunds'. Eddie McGuire joins us ahead of 'Footy Classified' tonight. Eddie, come on now, as a club president, what’s your stance on members wanting their money back?
McGuire : Tony, it is as simple as this, if you don’t have members you don’t have a club. A club with no members is a memory. We need members to stick with us as much as they can. If anyone gets into financial hardship, speak to us, we are there together. The members are the club, it’s not as if we’re privately owned. This is all about sticking together through tough times and I can tell you and you know the history of Collingwood. We were founded in the darkest times during the depression in 1890s and got through by building the stands of Victoria Park. I am telling you, simple as this.
Jones : If a member comes to you and says I have lost both my jobs, I need my money back, you would say?
McGuire : Tony, you’ve got to listen to me mate. We're in it together. We look after our members, they’re part of our family. If you came to me and said I need a loan at the moment, do you think I would help you … of course I would. What we don’t want to do is have a run on clubs because the membership is keeping us alive at the moment. We’ve got no visibility. I came in tonight I saw a kid, seven years of age, walking along in his Essendon jumper. I looked at him and I thought he is probably a generational supporter. He has so much to look forward to. If you think footy is important, please stick with us.
Jones : I know …
McGuire: You’re not listening at the moment, Tony. You’re trying to get a headline.
Jones : I’m not trying to get a headline, I’m trying to get an answer.
McGuire : I’m giving you an answer, Tony,
Jones : If a member comes to you and says they want their money back, will you give their money back?
McGuire : Tony I just said to you. If you’ve got financial hardships, speak to your club we’re there to help you we always do. We do this year in, year out with people who have financial hardships. What I’m saying to you though Tony, is this is more than a transaction. This is people who love their club and it means more them. Tony, do you want to hear what the answer is or do you want to keep asking questions.
Jones : We are running out of time. But you can love your club without actually putting your hand in your pocket.
McGuire: Tony if we don’t have enough people putting their hand their pocket, there will be no club it’s as simple as that.
Jones : Unfortunately there’s a lot of empty pockets, Ed.
McGuire : And they’ll be looked after, Tony. Do not make this into people taking money out of peoples pockets and don’t wind me up with a smarta** last line ok. This is desperate stakes and don’t try make a headline or make a fool out of me. When people need help they will get it.
Jones : Righto Eddie, thank you for joining us.
McGuire continues argument with Caroline Wilson
McGuire then took up the argument with Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified .
Wilson put it to McGuire that he had avoided Jones’ question about whether or not fans could get a refund, which didn’t go down all too well:
Wilson : He asked it three times and you never said, ‘Yes, of course we will give the money back’.
McGuire : If I said ring tomorrow and we’ll give all your money back then that’s fine and we won’t have to worry about having a show next week because there’ll be no football. It’s a bit like the virus at the moment, we’re trying to spread it there. We’re trying to say to people who don’t need to take their money to not.
McGuire : If I could say to you tonight, ‘We will give all the membership back because we are right’.
Wison : He didn't say that, he said if someone rang up you would give it back, and you were banging on about the susso workers.
McGuire : I was putting it in the context. The Collingwood Football Club was built out of the great depression.
Wilson : I can understand his frustration, you weren't answering the question. And there are media people who are getting sick of being picked on by the way. He’s got a point.
McGuire : Oh boo hoo. Give us a spell Caro.
Wilson : It’s irresponsible to say that. There are a lot of people who are genuinely hurting who need their membership money back.
McGuire : You’re not going to get the last line that was nicely scripted ahead of time to make us look bad. We’re all in it together, everybody is working hard. We want our members and our supporters to get through this as much as we possibly can.

What a charmer .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Lol McChins won't commit to refund on Memberships .

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The Avoidence of this thread by the fumblers is funny as .
After all the ranting about millionaire owners etc not helping NRl clubs
Suddenly the biggest most famous afl club boss is showing what he is really made of .
Lol lol lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

No one cares AFLcrap that is probably why. What do you want people to say? The article is self-explanatory with Eddie being evasive and ambiguous - which may explain your difficulty. So I will help but do so with understanding you will have come back with some insult or miss the point all together. But anyway - you are obviously bored and locked up like many so I'll play a long a little.

To me Eddie is saying - listen we would prefer we do not have a run on people wanting their membership money returned - this would be very challenging for the club if there was a run on people wanting their money back - however if you are in dire straights and struggling give us a call and we can work something out.... we would hope it does not come to that for both you and for the club - but if it does let us chat.

That's my reading of it anyway - but if you have a preference for literal - which we know by know is something you seem to be afflicted with - he never confirmed the club would give it back - but he also never said the club wouldn't. He did say - let's see what we can work - which (in a literal sense) is saying nothing on the matter apart from the club will chat.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

and some follow up Eddie is very clear - if you are going through hardship we will look after you.

A little from Footy Classified:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/eddie-mcgu ... ef68e93742

"So to Tony's point, yeah there are people who are going bad at the moment but if people pull out of memberships say at the Collingwood footy club I'll tell you what ends up happening; all the philanthropic situations, where 450 people are tonight sleeping in houses provided by the Magpie Nest, there's 6000 meals that are served every week as part of discretionary spend at Collingwood because that is the ethos of the Collingwood Football Club.

"If people are doing it hard then of course we'll look after them but if there is a run on the clubs, I'll be perfectly honest with you on this, if there's a run on the clubs on the membership at the moment then we don't have to worry about the $600 million that the banks are going to give us because it will be all over. It's as simple as that.

"I ask the media, yes, let's have discussions like we're trying to do here, but don't try to pick hero or zero, people aren't ripping off anybody. It's one in all in at the moment. The entire football world is absolutely aching and that doesn't just mean those who are playing football or running football clubs or the sponsors or anyone else, it's every member, every supporter.

"We've had people at football clubs, I've just got a message before, the Essendonians; more Essendonians are signing up to not go to the football than ever before. We've received memberships at Collingwood and Hawthorn have not had one person ask for their membership back at Hawthorn. At Collingwood we've had people ring up and say 'I want to pledge a membership to my grandfather who died who loved the Collingwood Football Club and so it goes on.

"If you have no money of course we'll look after you."
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

If he does'nt refund. He will have to promise that the same pass can be used the following year.

I would feel very ripped of if that didn't happen.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

As they are saying... if you are stating you need the money then they’ll sort something out. Most people I know including myself have said not to worry about it. I’m pretty sure something will be done re next year.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Sounds like their are some very generous and loyal fans.
The club should definitely repay the good will later on in some form.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

An Essendon fan broke down in tears after they were told one of the club’s players had covered their membership costs for the rest of the year.

The AFL is managing its way through a financial crisis caused by the season shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Games are still months away from returning and matches with fans in the stands are likely even further off.

But while clubs need members to stick fat to prop up their finances, many fans are in tough times themselves with job losses hitting industries across the country.

When one member emailed the Bombers to discuss their situation, an astonishing email hit their inbox in reply.

One of the club’s veteran players had unexpectedly paid for their membership out of his own pocket.

An Essendon spokesperson confirmed the player had offered to open his wallet if a fan was in need of assistance.

The fortunate supporter said the surprising act, which had helped their situation immensely, left them in tears for an hour.

The generosity from a player comes after some clubs, including North Melbourne, Collingwood and Melbourne, reported spikes in fans buying memberships before and after the season was suspended.

The Kangaroos said 50 people signed up in the 48 hours after AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan declared the season was off.

McLachlan has been careful not to suggest fans should keep memberships they can’t currently afford.

“Of course (members can get refunds). If they need it, they can,” McLachlan told the ABC.

“Yes, we would love them to stay because our industry is in a battle and our clubs are in a battle to get through and the membership is their life blood.

“But all I’d say is I understand the pain going on out there and people need to make their own decisions... Though I know our members understand how big their contribution of membership is to their clubs.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon ... jAsobwr1TY
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.