COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I agree that the word pal is really upsetting .
Lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 am
Diversion again .

And my initial point of how stupid the nrl were in requesting money from the government at this time .... the backlash received was warranted. Really, you would all have to agree this was total incompetence 101. Surely we agree on that?
Strangley enough Freddo the answer is NO...............we don't agree on that. Asking for something ain't incompetence pal. It could be called a lot of things but incompetence ain't one of 'em.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

😂😂😂😂
Mite work in afl world where we all have to agree with what the esteemed leader says .
The real world is different .

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

go the denial and deflecting of the nrl fan :wave:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:13 pm
go the denial and deflecting of the nrl fan :wave:
What planet are you on .
There's no denial no deflecting .
When we are told we all agree with a poster ..then we can correct that stupid assumption .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:48 pm
Diversion again .

And my initial point of how stupid the nrl were in requesting money from the government at this time .... the backlash received was warranted. Really, you would all have to agree this was total incompetence 101. Surely we agree on that?
Strangley enough Freddo the answer is NO...............we don't agree on that. Asking for something ain't incompetence pal. It could be called a lot of things but incompetence ain't one of 'em.
It is incompetence 101 when it comes up marketing and reading the public vibe. Another publicity fuck up. And if you think it wasn’t you’re either just being contrary or you are stupid. Now I don’t think you’re stupid so....
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:43 pm
Diversion again .

It is incompetence 101 when it comes up marketing and reading the public vibe. Another publicity fuck up. And if you think it wasn’t you’re either just being contrary or you are stupid. Now I don’t think you’re stupid so....
Well ya see Freddo..........it's your opinion that's it's incompetence. And I can assure you that your opinion don't make it so pal. Why I hear you ask??? Well..... when was the last time you had a good word to say about Australia's most watched sport? Yep. Never. You hate it with religious zealotry. If V'Landys discovered a cure for covid19 you would accuse him of incompetence for putting health staff out of work. So yeah.......you got a opinion!!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 am

Well ya see Freddo..........it's your opinion that's it's incompetence. And I can assure you that your opinion don't make it so pal. Why I hear you ask??? Well..... when was the last time you had a good word to say about Australia's most watched sport? Yep. Never. You hate it with religious zealotry. If V'Landys discovered a cure for covid19 you would accuse him of incompetence for putting health staff out of work. So yeah.......you got a opinion!!!!
The fact is, the simple reality is the game can’t afford to not play,” he said. “The game is so tied into the broadcast deal at the moment with a bulk of the money coming from there, the fact that there’s not a lot of cash reserves. If the game was to stop playing now, I think we’d get about three months before the game would be broke.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f481fb89e2

keep pushing that shit up hill Terry, as it keeps dribbling back on you :wave:

lololololololoon
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:18 am
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 am

The fact is, the simple reality is the game can’t afford to not play,” he said. “The game is so tied into the broadcast deal at the moment with a bulk of the money coming from there, the fact that there’s not a lot of cash reserves. If the game was to stop playing now, I think we’d get about three months before the game would be broke.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f481fb89e2

keep pushing that shit up hill Terry, as it keeps dribbling back on you :wave:

lololololololoon

As you hope and pray for the demise of your hated nemesis RL I shall remind you of these llllloooooonn posts in the months to come. I suspect you will once again have your face covered in omelette. In fact you will probably be covered from head to toe lololololol!!!!!!!!!!
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

As you hope and pray for the demise of your hated nemesis RL I shall remind you of these llllloooooonn posts in the months to come. I suspect you will once again have your face covered in omelette. In fact you will probably be covered from head to toe lololololol!!!!!!!!!!
Do you honestly not think you and your mates demonstrate far more hate and spite towards the afl?
Talking about hypocrisy is ridiculous.
Even Fred barely bags it, he's far more fact driven. Nalf seems to have a a view more like you lot.

I wonder if you'd be willing to share your age Terry? I'm curious to know where a perspective like yours comes from, and have thought the same with your pals too.
To answer a question nobody asked, I'm 33 and have never experienced a reciprocal disdain for the NRL, or Sydney, to what you lot seem to have for us in Melbourne and the AFL, I think it's what confused me about this place. In my experience, people either don't mind RL or just don't care, they might watch Origin. I'd sort of assumed it was similar up there.
Wrong.
Speaking of assumptions, I assumed you'd have to be 50+ and carrying a hatred from the Swans inception.

On the money at all?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Cats_Steve wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 am
Do you honestly not think you and your mates demonstrate far more hate and spite towards the afl?
Even Fred barely bags it, he's far more fact driven. Nalf seems to have a a view more like you lot.

I wonder if you'd be willing to share your age Terry? I'm curious to know where a perspective like yours comes from, and have thought the same with your pals too.
To answer a question nobody asked, I'm 33 and have never experienced a reciprocal disdain for the NRL, or Sydney, to what you lot seem to have for us in Melbourne and the AFL, I think it's what confused me about this place. In my experience, people either don't mind RL or just don't care, they might watch Origin. I'd sort of assumed it was similar up there.
Wrong.
Speaking of assumptions, I assumed you'd have to be 50+ and carrying a hatred from the Swans inception.

On the money at all?
Wrong on every count pal. If you can't see the idiotic deep seated hatred of RL on this site I can't help ya. I just respond to the idiots. And I have nothing against the Swans. I used to watch home games up to a few years ago. I personally can't watch AFL these days as it has descended into a ground level ugly rabble.

Apart from all that I enjoy upsetting the deluded fumble fans here..............god knows its easy enough!!!!
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:06 am

Wrong.

On the money at all?
Wrong on every count pal. If you can't see the idiotic deep seated hatred of RL on this site I can't help ya. I just respond to the idiots. And I have nothing against the Swans. I used to watch home games up to a few years ago. I personally can't watch AFL these days as it has descended into a ground level ugly rabble.

Apart from all that I enjoy upsetting the deluded fumble fans here..............god knows its easy enough!!!!
Mate I can see the hate when it appears here, it was never my broader experience growing up though. We went to a few Storm games after junior footy when they were fairly new, trainer wore an all blacks jersey etc. I imagine that wasn't the case with the Swannies. My admittedly minimal investigation into the Swans creation suggests to me that created far more deep-seated hatred, hence asking if that were a factor.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think, as have stated before, that it may be a cultural thing for Sydney which has traditionally had an Us V them re: the two rugby codes - which is better. given this history, I assume it is only natural to continue this on when another code comes in - I don't think it is personal (for some) just how football is viewed maybe - which makes sense given the angst that has traditionally been there. Whereas in AFL states there is really only the one code - Aussie Rules. So you all like Aussie Rules generally growing up (small number who don't) and may bag out soccer a little - but no real rivalry there as those who liked soccer still had an AFL team and were generally into AFL also. That's my take. I'll await the usual deflection nonsensical responses.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Cats_Steve wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:36 am
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:06 am

Wrong.

On the money at all?

Mate I can see the hate when it appears here, it was never my broader experience growing up though. We went to a few Storm games after junior footy when they were fairly new, trainer wore an all blacks jersey etc. I imagine that wasn't the case with the Swannies. My admittedly minimal investigation into the Swans creation suggests to me that created far more deep-seated hatred, hence asking if that were a factor.
I didn't live in Sydney when the Swans started so I can't help ya there. And as I said I respond to the AFL types here. If they go over the top I'm quite capable of following suit. The difference is I have a laugh about it whilst taking the piss outta them. They seem to take things very seriously.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I noticed the AFL have reduced the quarters by 4mins each
total of 16mins per game

What kind of effect will this have on Advertising..