Afl in China - 2019

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Afl in China - 2019

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 pm
So apparently the Hong Kong 7s are off till at least OCT
The Shanghai formula 1 is postponed .
Yet the money hungry AFL havnt made a decision yet .
Lol really caring about the players .
Sad news. It has become one of the great comedy routines of the year this game. I'll miss it. Remember the pronouncements of sell out crowds. Only for the stands to be empty. Then Gilty doing his best Monty Pythons impersonation saying they were all in the hospitality tents lolololololo!!!!!!! So many laughs.

And what about the claims of record TV ratings. Never verified. No sources ever given. Predictions given before the game then crickets. Then at seasons end...…….months later the same claim again...….no sources or verification again lolololololololol!!!!!!

Sad...………...sad...…….....sad. I dearly hope it comes back next year. God knows we all need a good laugh every now and then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Looks like it'll have to be Monty Python reruns .
The only thing that comes close to the Gilty comedy Chinese show .
At least the poor bus drivers won't get lost again .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 pm
So apparently the Hong Kong 7s are off till at least OCT
The Shanghai formula 1 is postponed .
Yet the money hungry AFL havnt made a decision yet .
Lol really caring about the players .
not sure what was in that tweet you tried to post the link for but this was a press release from the afl

China game to go ahead 'as planned', but AFL monitoring situation
AFL to take advice from the World Health Organisation regarding any precautions related to the coronavirus
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

If this game is scrapped will anybody notice?
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

doubt any afl fans will!
only the usual tin foil hat brigade will
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

thank you fred for all your info on Touch..

but in Australia Touch and NRL have a partnership.
and as far as i am aware it is owned by the NRL..

and if you have played touch and played league..

you would know they are pretty much identical, with no contact being the big rule difference
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Be that what it may but Touch sees itself as very much it’s own sport. Just as rugby league grew out of union and became its own sport. Both sports are similar as well. Whether the nrl “own” touch in Australia or not I’d really irrelevant. Coca Cola own Fanta but that doesn’t make Fanta Coke :). But seriously, ownership is not the issue. On that note however could you show where it is owned by the nrl?

The point still stands ... Touch is a sport on its own right. As I have shown several times.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NRL and Touch Football Australia to merge

A groundbreaking alliance between rugby league and touch football is set to skyrocket the game's participation numbers beyond a million players.

NRL and Touch Football Australia will be announced early next week - making it the largest strategic alliance between two sports in Australia.

It comes after two years of negotiations, which have intensified in the past six months since the appointment of Dave Smith as NRL chief executive, and brings together the sports after they effectively split 40 years ago.

The alliance is a strategic masterstroke in the NRL's battle with the AFL because it provides a non-contact version of the sport under its own banner.

There is a small hitch to the new relationship, though, with the popular OzTag - which has more than 130,000 participants - failing to reach an agreement with the NRL.

It is understood the NRL refused to pay the asking price OzTag operators wanted to take over the commercial rights to their sport. The NRL version of tag football is the lesser-known version of the code called ''league tag''.

Nevertheless, the benefit for touch football is enormous, especially for a sport with such a strong presence at the grassroots level.

''We're very happy with the alliance,'' one senior TFA official said. ''Joining the NRL means we can broaden our appeal, profile and reach as part of a bigger business. It gives us more opportunities than ever before for our sport. It's been a long process to get this far, but a worthwhile one. Touch grew out of rugby league in the mid-1960s and the sports have been separate since then. But this will allow us to take touch into new markets.''
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes have always noted a partnership or alliance. It has nothing to do with whether Touch is its own sport though. As noted previously it is actually part of International Touch Federation strategic plan to partner with larger organisations in various countries. It’s a win win for both sports. If they did this with RU in other countries wouldn’t make the sport union either. Surely that makes sense. A sport doesn’t change based on what country it is in .... the sport is the sport. Touch has become its own sport with its own governing body. They even took “football” out of the governing body”s name to reflect there is no kicking in Touch.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

it says merge, there is not much detail of how much NRL has paid...

it than states NRL refused to pay asking price for OZ TAG...

so i am not to sure.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

As I said -it is really irrelevant as to whether Touch is still a sport in its' own right - as I have shown it to be. A sport isn't defined by who it is in bed with. I'm sure Union would like a similar deal in european countries - and if there was such as working relationship - still wouldn't make Touch Union. As noted over and over the International governing body, several articles clearly state Touch to have evolved into its own sport. Whatever financial arrangements, MOUs, contracts are seen as mutually beneficial to both sports and good luck to them both. But they are similar but unique sports nonetheless.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:45 pm
As I said -it is really irrelevant as to whether Touch is still a sport in its' own right - as I have shown it to be. A sport isn't defined by who it is in bed with. I'm sure Union would like a similar deal in european countries - and if there was such as working relationship - still wouldn't make Touch Union. As noted over and over the International governing body, several articles clearly state Touch to have evolved into its own sport. Whatever financial arrangements, MOUs, contracts are seen as mutually beneficial to both sports and good luck to them both. But they are similar but unique sports nonetheless.
Freddo, can you please cut to the chase my friend. You seem to have a problem with Touch Footy. Or its relationship with RL?? Can you please articulate your problems or position on this matter. For the record: everyone knows Touch and RL are different sports. You seem to assume folk don't know this simple fact for some god forsaken reason. Folk aren't that stupid pal. Please explain.

(Warning: If any of this post has annoyed or inconvenienced you Freddo please report it to your babysitter Wookie for deleting. Handle with care!!!).
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You are a first class idiot Terry at times.

1. Not everyone accepts Touch and RL are different. Read the posts !

2. See point 1.

Is there a shaking one”a head emoji.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:32 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:45 pm
Freddo, can you please cut to the chase my friend. You seem to have a problem with Touch Footy. Or its relationship with RL?? Can you please articulate your problems or position on this matter. For the record: everyone knows Touch and RL are different sports. You seem to assume folk don't know this simple fact for some god forsaken reason. Folk aren't that stupid pal. Please explain.

(Warning: If any of this post has annoyed or inconvenienced you Freddo please report it to your babysitter Wookie for deleting. Handle with care!!!).
yet the NRL alligned it self with touch to boost its participation numbers to look good on paper :(/

that's the real reason Terry :wave:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
Touch was invented by South Sydney .
It's the non tackle version of RL
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o