Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:35 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:16 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:59 pm
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.buz ... ne-nom-nom

26 Places That Prove Melbourne Is Truly The Food Capital Of The World
Melbourne is a city of amazing foods where all parts of the world are represented.
If you have to tell everybody you're great - you're not

You do realise this thread was started by a RL fan tell us how great Sydney was????

And these are articles and blogs - polls etc not self recommendations I believe.
Here the Melbourne Live Music Census finds Melbourne live music capital of the world
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-04- ... ws/9643684

Another Melbourne institute declaring the city coffee capital
https://www.rsamelbourne.com.au/melbour ... australia/

Something called "Study Melbourne" heralds sporting capital of world
https://www.studymelbourne.vic.gov.au/n ... -australia
An independent survey last year actually found Sydney ranked higher
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.co ... 50wc0.html

Local states Melbourne food capital of you guessed it the world
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfe ... ne-nom-nom
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Fred wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:47 pm
Simple supply and demand. Maybe there are higher paying jobs in Sydney being a lot of corporate head quarters ... people have more money ... so the flow on affect is they can afford to offer that bit more... also higher population.. basic economics. You also have probably the best harbour in the world which pushes prices up around that area. But higher population with smaller area I believe (?) shit public transport and roads a mess (not a planned city like Melbourne) also push up demand to be closer to cbd. Not rocket science.
Most desirable = higher price.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:06 pm
Simple supply and demand. Maybe there are higher paying jobs in Sydney being a lot of corporate head quarters ... people have more money ... so the flow on affect is they can afford to offer that bit more... also higher population.. basic economics. You also have probably the best harbour in the world which pushes prices up around that area. But higher population with smaller area I believe (?) shit public transport and roads a mess (not a planned city like Melbourne) also push up demand to be closer to cbd. Not rocket science.
Supply and demand! The basics of economics and the free market!

Eg look at the afl and nrl grand final!
Afl charges $150 plus for a basic ticket
Nrl $40 to $50 for a basic ticket then needs to give them away some years due to lack of demand!

If you know the basic geography of Sydney it’s for limited land suppler as oppose to Melbourne hence the prices as one of the main factors

As to the lay outs of the cities you couldn’t make a bigger abortion of a city like Sydney!
Roads lead every where and are really narrow
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

leagueiscrap wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Nrl $40 to $50 for a basic ticket then needs to give them away some years due to lack of demand!

If you know the basic geography of Sydney it’s for limited land suppler as oppose to Melbourne hence the prices as one of the main factors

As to the lay outs of the cities you couldn’t make a bigger abortion of a city like Sydney!
If you could afford to live here you would. Surfing at maroubra, taking ferry to work, national parks all directions. Instead in depressing Melbourne claiming to be world capital of something to compensate.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Okay... this simply neglects the very basics of economic theory of supply and demand. Which in itself is a very simplified version ... yet you still got it wrong. Amazing.

You are talking about demand ...... most desirable... and starting this equals higher price. You seeing where you have this wrong. You are talking about demand but not supply.... there is a lot of demand for lots of things however supply is bountiful so price is low. Fruit and Veg is a classic example ... in season ... cheap. Out of season... expensive. Now, just like house prices there are other things that impact price here but broken down to bare bones supply and demand explains it

So no... demand alone dies not necessarily mean higher prices. This is yr 9 economics for goodness sake.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

All cities suck, the whole world could fit into NSW alone if we decided everyone can have a few acres each, it's not hard to make dams and water supplies. Thats their agenda, put us all into smart cities and use tech to play god over us. that aint me.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 pm

If you could afford to live here you would. Surfing at maroubra, taking ferry to work, national parks all directions. Instead in depressing Melbourne claiming to be world capital of something to compensate.
Lol! you reek of a basement dweller who is unemployed and lives out in the sticks who spends their time day dreaming and out of touch of society

Any one who catches a fairy to and from work, then works a full day sure as shit doesn’t have time in the day to go surfing before or after work in Sydney :lol:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

What, I know plenty of people that go surfing every morning, just like smoking, it's an addiction too.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

yes have to agree - surfing before work, after work - weekends...... all good.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

time in the day for hobbies surfing etc

add in the day of work, commute time and other obligations

commute time in Sydney, due to roads being far to narrow and very poorly designed and far to congested due to over population
a very out dated public transport system

then you have your travel time to and from the beach

screw that for a joke spending 1/4 of your week and time in traffic
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Nope ...as someone who could afford to live there I would much prefer the Gold Coast to be honest. There are parts of Sydney I like no doubt but getting around the city and to and from things would and has done my head in. I like to visit Melbourne as do, I have found, many here on the coast. The culture and restaurants are general vibe i love . I like the shows they get there too... most big shows go there first. I think from September through to January is the best time as so much on snd place is filled with people all over the world going to these. And the wineries just put of the city are fantastic too. You do not get all that on the Gold Coast but the beaches and lifestyle are awesome. Yes Melbourne weather sucks... hence I’m here :). But Sydney just doesn’t do it for me... well the city anyway.
Veni, vidi, vici
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Sounds terrific in theory to have a surf before work !
But if your are not one of the lucky tiny fractional minority that lives near the beach then a surf before work isn't going to happen.
Driving to the beach from somewhere else through heavy morning traffic on conjested roads would leave little time for swim or surf. Then afterwards you have to fight through traffic reach work on time.
Just a pipe dream for most of us .
If you enjoy a beach swim after work like I do then good luck finding a car park !
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Not having daylight savings, which sucks big time, contributes as in summer it is broad daylight at 4:00am and dark by 7:30pm so to make the most of the day you have to get up at 4am. doable.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Bbear wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Sounds terrific in theory to have a surf before work !
But if your are not one of the lucky tiny fractional minority that lives near the beach then a surf before work isn't going to happen.
Driving to the beach from somewhere else through heavy morning traffic on conjested roads would leave little time for swim or surf. Then afterwards you have to fight through traffic reach work on time.
Just a pipe dream for most of us .
If you enjoy a beach swim after work like I do then good luck finding a car park !
Love how pressed Melbourne people are about concept of surfing before work - lots of people from all over Sydney do it. Daylight saving means you can get to water after work also. You guys have no idea.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:25 pm
Not having daylight savings, which sucks big time, contributes as in summer it is broad daylight at 4:00am and dark by 7:30pm so to make the most of the day you have to get up at 4am. doable.
you can always treck don to the south of tweed for the day light savings?

but traveling around the GC or even Brisbane is far more doable than Sydney
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys