Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Post by Fred »

Okay. All this points are valid for you. You don’t have to like aussie rules. Lots of people don’t and there’s nothing wrong if you are one of those. I’m not a fan of many sports and that’s okay to.

As for the other comments from Anglo .. re: Melbourne being known for their restaurants and dinning. I can post a few links that might point to this. The last article I read was a few months ago... I think on a flight in one of those in flight magazines. It was about some award for food or restaurants being hosted for the first ever time outside Paris or New York ? And the choice was Melbourne. Think it was the announcement of 100 best restaurants or something. I also remember Gordon Ramsay opening his restaurant at Crown Towers and staying he choose Melbourne as the dinners are quite discerning and you need to be on your game ... make it there and you’ll be right for the rest of the country. I did manage to have a degustation before it closed lol. Thought it was pretty good ... and cheap ... maybe that’s why it went broke. I think the other thing is coffee. Being asked if I want my latte in cup or mug in qld was a new experience ... even now when I go back I never get asked (but go to good coffee shops) ... a late is 120 ml... 30 ml shot coffee and 90ml milk. 1 cm froth. Cappuccino .... 30 ml espresso, 30 ml milk.. 30 ml froth.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Post by Fred »

Melbourne may not be the seat of Australia’s government but it is irrefutably the country’s culinary capital. And in a nod to its standing, the city will host the annual World’s 50 Best Restaurants ceremony tomorrow.

It’s the first time the awards have been held in Australia, and only the second time they’ve been held outside London. They also coincide with the 25th Melbourne Food and Wine Festival (until April 9, melbournefoodandwine.com.au).
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.esc ... 1a49%3famp

Melbourne named among world’s top 18 foodie cities
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

26 March 2019
Food Scene – How Melbourne Managed to Become Australia's Gourmet Capital

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/opinion/4092575.html
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.buz ... ne-nom-nom

26 Places That Prove Melbourne Is Truly The Food Capital Of The World
Melbourne is a city of amazing foods where all parts of the world are represented.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Melbourne is a city of amazing foods where all parts of the world are represented.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And to show there’s love for both cities

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/startsa ... -world/amp

Australia’s rising foodie scene has captured the eye of gourmands for years, and now its status as a global powerhouse of great cuisine has been recognised on a global stage. Two Australian cities have been listed in Booking.com’s list of 25 of the best cities for food in the world, ahead of even Florence and Rome.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

league fans don't go far past the old steak, chips and a point of the local bogan beer, a xxxx or a tooheys new!

so trying to convince them about culture or restraints would be near impossible
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

and the nrl fans have left the thread :lol:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:36 pm
league fans don't go far past the old steak, chips and a point of the local bogan beer, a xxxx or a tooheys new!

Argument falling flat - afl most racist & violent fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:59 pm

If you have to tell everybody you're great - you're not
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:15 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Argument falling flat - afl most racist & violent fans.
lol no more points to argue about Melbourne vs Sydney
but but bridge, harbour, Bondi beach and most unaffordable housing

now on to but but afl has most violet fans!

get some facts and stop thinking your opinion is factual! arse clown
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:16 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:59 pm

If you have to tell everybody you're great - you're not

You do realise this thread was started by a RL fan tell us how great Sydney was????

And these are articles and blogs - polls etc not self recommendations I believe.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
leagueiscrap (Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:55 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:45 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:01 pm

https://global.vic.gov.au/victorias-cap ... eable-city

it won the award 7 years in a row!

aside from the harbour, the bridge a few beaches and so on Sydney is a complete and utter shit hole! its design to well lack of is tidally shit, the night life is dull and shit, filled with portentous wannabes and hero bogan nrl fans, the pricing of everything is way over valued mainly due to it being the main financial district and most populated business centre of Australia

its road network is shit
its trains and public transport system is dated and shit
the city of far over populated and takes ages to get anywhere on narrow roads that lead any where

but when again to the stereo type nrl fan who spends their time locked away in the basement of their parents house this wouldn't apply as it doesn't effect them other than the odd trip to Centrelink of the local bogan watering hole
Sydney's Bogans seem to be doing a lot better than Melbourne hipsters with the value of their homes though.

Why can't Melbourne's best suburb Toorak even make Sydney's top 10 in house values?? :lol:

Bro Sydney is way out of your league. Pick on Adelaide. :wink:

Gold Coast is up there with Sydney though. I like it there. :cool:

House Values Sydney vs Melbourne
https://upside.com.au/articles/news/hou ... uburbs-map
read the part about Sydney being the financial capital of Australia. most of the banks, insurance, finance firms etc are based in Sydney..
those bogans who you think are the wealthy ones, only explains how little idea you have of reality :wave:

learn about the basis geographic of Sydney before trying to comment about prices. Sydney has limited land supply eg its built in by national parks and built along the ocean.

I noticed you didn't comment on
the shit house lay out of Sydney
the narrow roads
the very dated shit house public transport infrastructure
the dull night life and those lock out laws :wave:
bragging about who has the more million dollar suburbs only proves you have NFI about reality or the concept of money!

and you still didn't comment on Melbourne winning worlds most liveable city 7 years in a row :wave:

yet in the limited mind of a basement dwelling nrl fan those are the the reasons why Sydney is better!
but but harbour and beaches! like your going to visit and stair at the bridge or opera house every day

to be fair I consider both Sydney and Melbourne to be both shit holes and vastly over populated people spend hrs every day in traffic or on public transport just to get to and from work! (something you wouldn't know about)
lifes to short and valuable for that shit and time should be spent spending it with friends (something I doubt you know about)

on the bright side league is the working mans game and union is the private school and white collar workers game! your kind would be out mt Druitt, merry lands, Blacktown etc :)))
Sydney is very hilly so of course the roads are going to be winding.

Saying that still no explanation as to why Sydney homes cost more than Melbournes?
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Simple supply and demand. Maybe there are higher paying jobs in Sydney being a lot of corporate head quarters ... people have more money ... so the flow on affect is they can afford to offer that bit more... also higher population.. basic economics. You also have probably the best harbour in the world which pushes prices up around that area. But higher population with smaller area I believe (?) shit public transport and roads a mess (not a planned city like Melbourne) also push up demand to be closer to cbd. Not rocket science.
Veni, vidi, vici