Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yep, anyone can see it if they choose to look.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:20 pm
I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.

Doesn't matter as all outdoor sports will more or less fade away seeing as the younger gen are more into playing a role in their online games being the star themselves if good enough. And it'll only get worse as people start getting into Neuralink and other such devices.
your speaking brutal as fatties jogging in to each other

im talking as a whole overall game its calk and cheese! something that is far beyond for a simpleton league fan to under stand
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

We were talking which is more brutal, nothing else and you can't even concede that, well done.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm
We were talking which is more brutal, nothing else and you can't even concede that, well done.
FFS your limited!
no is arguing its not a brutal game! im talking about as a whole other than 5 bumps amateur would do in training once or twice a week
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

No, you're just not making any sense, I haven't mentioned anything else about the games barring which one is more brutal, you're just jibber jabbering nonsense because you can't concede anything over your cross eyed views of the god that is afl.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:24 pm
I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.
Cant argue with this. Whatever the debate about skill, its hard to argue against the sheer brutality of it.
Wook in your opinion, with the physicality of league and union of how physical demanding the game can be.

would you say this would effect grassroots of this sport ?
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm
I thought it was one player but okay 2.

As I said the Melbourne Storm have had an impact ... they have certainly created awareness of rl so successful there. Problem is that is where it ends ... a niche market and no one really playing the game ... no kids in steers or schools throwing a rl ball around at breaks etc. maybe a bit like gws in western Sydney maybe from what I hear here.

Crowds for one off events will alway turn up ... particularly in Melbourne. You could play the World Series of baseball there and I’m sure it would be a sell out Hardly says baseball is a major sport in Victoria/. You get people going to watch track and feild at the olympics but hardly a major sport. Both sports, however, have far more participants than rl .

So that’s where the Storm (my team) are great but rl struggles.
Fred I did a little research and can safely say your claims are total bullshit about Baseball in Victoria.

Yes I am calling you a liar and full of shit. You need to stop lieing on this forum and making unsubstantiated claims.

I looked up baseball in Victoria in there in virtually no record of anything. Actually in all went to AFL. :lol:

I know your jealous that Rugby League got more people at a game than AFL as ever got in NSW and Qld and your upset that AFL can't grow out of Australia.

Look I know AFL is the world's most niche football code in the world. But you don't have to make up lies because your upset about that.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:24 pm
Cant argue with this. Whatever the debate about skill, its hard to argue against the sheer brutality of it.
Wook in your opinion, with the physicality of league and union of how physical demanding the game can be.

would you say this would effect grassroots of this sport ?
The perception that RL and RU are more dangerous to play definitely scares off parents of young kids, particularly mothers.

The actual facts however tell another story. Various reports, including the one I have attached, show AFL has the most players hospitalised per year in Australia. Both in aggregate and percentage. The report is an old one but others show the same thing.

AFL participation based rate per 100,00 persons hospitalised: 1319.
All Rugby (League & Union combined) participation based rate per 100,00 persons hospitalised: 1292.

The numbers are close but basically show the Rugby codes and AFL are equally dangerous to play. Another myth smashed!!!!!

https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/5079ee ... nline=true
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:47 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:24 am

As I said the Melbourne Storm have had an impact ... they have certainly created awareness of rl so successful there. Problem is that is where it ends ... a niche market and no one really playing the game ... no kids in steers or schools throwing a rl ball around at breaks etc. maybe a bit like gws in western Sydney maybe from what I hear here.

Crowds for one off events will alway turn up ... particularly in Melbourne. You could play the World Series of baseball there and I’m sure it would be a sell out Hardly says baseball is a major sport in Victoria/. You get people going to watch track and feild at the olympics but hardly a major sport. Both sports, however, have far more participants than rl .

Fred I did a little research and can safely say your claims are total bullshit about Baseball in Victoria.

Yes I am calling you a liar and full of shit. You need to stop lieing on this forum and making unsubstantiated claims.

I looked up baseball in Victoria in there in virtually no record of anything. Actually in all went to AFL. :lol:

I know your jealous that Rugby League got more people at a game than AFL as ever got in NSW and Qld and your upset that AFL can't grow out of Australia.

Look I know AFL is the world's most niche football code in the world. But you don't have to make up lies because your upset about that.

Are you kidding. I played baseball on Victoria winter and summer comp. I suggest you didn’t look up very well and would suggest you maybe learn some basic internet skills. So will you apologise when I shoe you baseball leagues in Victoria ?

You do know Victoria has a state of the art baseball feild in Altona ?

What did you type into your search engine man? Go back and type in baseball Victoria. They have there own website for goodness sake. You are either really dumb or lying ... which is it. A two year old could have found baseball websites and information. About baseball in Victoria ? Seriously man get a grip.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Start here genius

https://baseball.com.au/play-baseball
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And again .... let’s see if you are man evough to admit you are wrong and apologise for calling me a liar. Will be interesting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_Victoria

Winter Baseball in Victoria Edit
Winter Baseball is conducted between April and September. Regionally based Associations have the direct authority over the competitions conducted within the winter season, with Baseball Victoria providing umbrella support to other baseball activities, such as development and high performance programs.

Victorian Baseball during the winter is played across eight Leagues and Associations. Each League and Association is responsible for the competitions within their local areas.

Affiliated Winter Competitions
Ballarat Baseball Association
Bendigo Baseball Association
Dandenong Baseball Association
Geelong Baseball Association
Latrobe Valley Baseball Association
Melbourne Winter Baseball League
North Eastern Baseball Association
Sunraysia Baseball League

Baseball Victoria also stage the State Winter Championships which matches representative teams from each League and Association. While being competitive is a high priority, it is just as important to have fun and enjoy a weekend of baseball in a relaxed environment

. there is nearly as many leagues as there are rl clubs you doofus

Then there is the summer comp!
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:07 pm

And again .... let’s see if you are man evough to admit you are wrong and apologise for calling me a liar. Will be interesting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_Victoria

Winter Baseball in Victoria Edit
Winter Baseball is conducted between April and September. Regionally based Associations have the direct authority over the competitions conducted within the winter season, with Baseball Victoria providing umbrella support to other baseball activities, such as development and high performance programs.

Victorian Baseball during the winter is played across eight Leagues and Associations. Each League and Association is responsible for the competitions within their local areas.

Affiliated Winter Competitions
Ballarat Baseball Association
Bendigo Baseball Association
Dandenong Baseball Association
Geelong Baseball Association
Latrobe Valley Baseball Association
Melbourne Winter Baseball League
North Eastern Baseball Association
Sunraysia Baseball League

Baseball Victoria also stage the State Winter Championships which matches representative teams from each League and Association. While being competitive is a high priority, it is just as important to have fun and enjoy a weekend of baseball in a relaxed environment

. there is nearly as many leagues as there are rl clubs you doofus

Then there is the summer comp!
That's lovely Freddo. Do you have any registered player numbers? Crowd numbers at games? TV broadcast deal and ratings? Social media hits? Media coverage details.

All these things count when assessing popularity pal. Thanks in anticipation.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Firstly... what’s with all this “pal” stuff. You come across as trying too hard to sound tough.

Now. If you read the thread you may have some idea.... PAL.....

You will see the thread title ... about Melbourne Storm. I follow the storm and have noted what a successful club it is. How it has grown a niche market. They have done well. I think they are the best and most successful team by a long way ... of any football code... of the past 20 years. Bellamy the best coach.

My critique with rl is this success has not been capitalised on. When Storm was set up they were just plumped there... no promotion at grass roots, school visits, etc. I think they and the nrl have done a better job of this of late yet still not great.

Now my point is around growing the game and the need for this. That outside of the Storm or the elite level rl is pretty much non existent. There has been a tiny bit of growth which I think mirrors the nrl”a greater focus on growing the game but not a great deal. Now to illustrate this I pointed to baseball to illustrate how small rl is at grass roots in Victoria. I do this as I think this is an important area where growth is needed and should be a KPI for any expansion team. I would say the same for GWS and have the same criticisms if they had not grown the game significantly at grass roots after 20 years.

Now, as is often your modus operandi (way of doing things) you have ignored the point of the post and tried to divert or deflect.... a common thing you do.

The point of the post you quoted was I was called a liar when I mentioned there were more people playing baseball, more clubs, more teams in Victoria than rl. I was told this was rubbish .. that the poster did research and could find no evidence of baseball ... therefore I am a liar. I provided some links to show very clearly he was wrong. Now... I know you will try and avoid but care to comment on this actual point ... the one being debated and discussed?

And please, try and remember that not all of us are at the level of the drunken dullards at the public bar who tell tall stories and may have been impressed by your compatible intellect. But please remember that in you travel through the internet to fill the void of your retirement that many of us are neither simpletons or drunks with short horizons. By all means try and maintain the thin veneer of intellectual superiority but just remember who you target alas the veneer will lose its shine.

Now pay attention.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:14 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Firstly... what’s with all this “pal” stuff. You come across as trying too hard to sound tough.

Now. If you read the thread you may have some idea.... PAL.....

You will see the thread title ... about Melbourne Storm. I follow the storm and have noted what a successful club it is. How it has grown a niche market. They have done well. I think they are the best and most successful team by a long way ... of any football code... of the past 20 years. Bellamy the best coach.

My critique with rl is this success has not been capitalised on. When Storm was set up they were just plumped there... no promotion at grass roots, school visits, etc. I think they and the nrl have done a better job of this of late yet still not great.

Now my point is around growing the game and the need for this. That outside of the Storm or the elite level rl is pretty much non existent. There has been a tiny bit of growth which I think mirrors the nrl”a greater focus on growing the game but not a great deal. Now to illustrate this I pointed to baseball to illustrate how small rl is at grass roots in Victoria. I do this as I think this is an important area where growth is needed and should be a KPI for any expansion team. I would say the same for GWS and have the same criticisms if they had not grown the game significantly at grass roots after 20 years.

Now, as is often your modus operandi (way of doing things) you have ignored the point of the post and tried to divert or deflect.... a common thing you do.

The point of the post you quoted was I was called a liar when I mentioned there were more people playing baseball, more clubs, more teams in Victoria than rl. I was told this was rubbish .. that the poster did research and could find no evidence of baseball ... therefore I am a liar. I provided some links to show very clearly he was wrong. Now... I know you will try and avoid but care to comment on this actual point ... the one being debated and discussed?

And please, try and remember that not all of us are at the level of the drunken dullards at the public bar who tell tall stories and may have been impressed by your compatible intellect. But please remember that in you travel through the internet to fill the void of your retirement that many of us are neither simpletons or drunks with short horizons. By all means try and maintain the thin veneer of intellectual superiority but just remember who you target alas the veneer will lose its shine.

Now pay attention.
Whoa!!!!!! Tough guy Freddo!!!! I'd hate to meet you in a dark alley pal!!!! Dangerous lolololololol!!!!!

Now the point is Freddo…………...you are basing popularity on one measure - player numbers. If this was true soccer would far and away be Australia's No 1 sport. It ain't!!!!! Not by a long shot.

So I am merely pointing out that whilst baseball undoubtedly has more folk playing in Vic than RL has there are other measures that place RL way above baseball. For a start RL has a professional team that gets good crowds and reasonable tv ratings in Vic. SOO and RL GF rate very well also. SOO games played in Melbourne get 90k plus crowds.

Baseball has nothing to match this. No professional team. No regular crowds approaching 20k per game. No one off 90k+ crowds. No games regularly seen on FTA and pay TV. None, or very little, media exposure. Their brand awareness is virtually zero.

Whilst RL is no where near AFL in Vic I would say on balance it is well and truly above baseball in the consciousness and therefore popularity of Victorians.

I hope this helps and that I paid enough attention lolololololol!!!!!! I'm now off to the pub to have a frothy with a few drunken dullards. I might even tell a few tall stories lolololol!!!!!!

By the way...………...what is "compatible intellect"? Does it mean I live in harmony with my cognitive abilities lol?

Oh...…..and can you please tell the tax man I'm retired. He seems to take a lot of money off me every year for a bloke that don't work lolololol!!!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

As expected...... geez
Veni, vidi, vici