Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 9498
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Rugby League Heartland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

LOL, the loon actually thinks afl is as brutal as the rugby codes.


signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:31 pm LOL, the loon actually thinks afl is as brutal as the rugby codes.
says the one who thinks league is more skilled than afl :(/

if you take the whole aspect of playing each code!
but you won't as your to limited to understand that


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 9498
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Rugby League Heartland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.

Doesn't matter as all outdoor sports will more or less fade away seeing as the younger gen are more into playing a role in their online games being the star themselves if good enough. And it'll only get worse as people start getting into Neuralink and other such devices.


signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by The_Wookie »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:20 pm I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.
Cant argue with this. Whatever the debate about skill, its hard to argue against the sheer brutality of it.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 9498
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Rugby League Heartland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yep, anyone can see it if they choose to look.


signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:20 pm I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.

Doesn't matter as all outdoor sports will more or less fade away seeing as the younger gen are more into playing a role in their online games being the star themselves if good enough. And it'll only get worse as people start getting into Neuralink and other such devices.
your speaking brutal as fatties jogging in to each other

im talking as a whole overall game its calk and cheese! something that is far beyond for a simpleton league fan to under stand


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 9498
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Rugby League Heartland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

We were talking which is more brutal, nothing else and you can't even concede that, well done.


signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm We were talking which is more brutal, nothing else and you can't even concede that, well done.
FFS your limited!
no is arguing its not a brutal game! im talking about as a whole other than 5 bumps amateur would do in training once or twice a week


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 9498
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Rugby League Heartland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

No, you're just not making any sense, I haven't mentioned anything else about the games barring which one is more brutal, you're just jibber jabbering nonsense because you can't concede anything over your cross eyed views of the god that is afl.


signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4770
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:24 pm
ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:20 pm I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.
Cant argue with this. Whatever the debate about skill, its hard to argue against the sheer brutality of it.
Wook in your opinion, with the physicality of league and union of how physical demanding the game can be.

would you say this would effect grassroots of this sport ?


NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:46 pm
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Location:
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm I thought it was one player but okay 2.

As I said the Melbourne Storm have had an impact ... they have certainly created awareness of rl so successful there. Problem is that is where it ends ... a niche market and no one really playing the game ... no kids in steers or schools throwing a rl ball around at breaks etc. maybe a bit like gws in western Sydney maybe from what I hear here.

Crowds for one off events will alway turn up ... particularly in Melbourne. You could play the World Series of baseball there and I’m sure it would be a sell out Hardly says baseball is a major sport in Victoria/. You get people going to watch track and feild at the olympics but hardly a major sport. Both sports, however, have far more participants than rl .

So that’s where the Storm (my team) are great but rl struggles.
Fred I did a little research and can safely say your claims are total bullshit about Baseball in Victoria.

Yes I am calling you a liar and full of shit. You need to stop lieing on this forum and making unsubstantiated claims.

I looked up baseball in Victoria in there in virtually no record of anything. Actually in all went to AFL. :lol:

I know your jealous that Rugby League got more people at a game than AFL as ever got in NSW and Qld and your upset that AFL can't grow out of Australia.

Look I know AFL is the world's most niche football code in the world. But you don't have to make up lies because your upset about that.


RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:24 pm
ParraEelsNRL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:20 pm I didnt say anything about skills, I stated that Rugby is a more brutal sport, and it is.
Cant argue with this. Whatever the debate about skill, its hard to argue against the sheer brutality of it.
Wook in your opinion, with the physicality of league and union of how physical demanding the game can be.

would you say this would effect grassroots of this sport ?
The perception that RL and RU are more dangerous to play definitely scares off parents of young kids, particularly mothers.

The actual facts however tell another story. Various reports, including the one I have attached, show AFL has the most players hospitalised per year in Australia. Both in aggregate and percentage. The report is an old one but others show the same thing.

AFL participation based rate per 100,00 persons hospitalised: 1319.
All Rugby (League & Union combined) participation based rate per 100,00 persons hospitalised: 1292.

The numbers are close but basically show the Rugby codes and AFL are equally dangerous to play. Another myth smashed!!!!!

https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/5079ee ... nline=true
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:47 pm)


User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by The_Wookie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 pm Wook in your opinion, with the physicality of league and union of how physical demanding the game can be.

would you say this would effect grassroots of this sport ?
I doubt it. There is anecdotal stuff out there about the size of kids and the fear that they could be hurt by larger kids, and these fears do make it into the media from time to time, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Theres always going to be the 'what about the children types", and this filters back here with the tales of giant islander types who will kill poor little kids.

League have really only just started marketing their auskick version last year,so Id expect an uptick at the lower levels over time, plus obvious growth in the womens sector
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-la ... 529b9.html
These users liked the author The_Wookie for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:46 pm)


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:24 am
Fred wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm I thought it was one player but okay 2.

As I said the Melbourne Storm have had an impact ... they have certainly created awareness of rl so successful there. Problem is that is where it ends ... a niche market and no one really playing the game ... no kids in steers or schools throwing a rl ball around at breaks etc. maybe a bit like gws in western Sydney maybe from what I hear here.

Crowds for one off events will alway turn up ... particularly in Melbourne. You could play the World Series of baseball there and I’m sure it would be a sell out Hardly says baseball is a major sport in Victoria/. You get people going to watch track and feild at the olympics but hardly a major sport. Both sports, however, have far more participants than rl .

So that’s where the Storm (my team) are great but rl struggles.
Fred I did a little research and can safely say your claims are total bullshit about Baseball in Victoria.

Yes I am calling you a liar and full of shit. You need to stop lieing on this forum and making unsubstantiated claims.

I looked up baseball in Victoria in there in virtually no record of anything. Actually in all went to AFL. :lol:

I know your jealous that Rugby League got more people at a game than AFL as ever got in NSW and Qld and your upset that AFL can't grow out of Australia.

Look I know AFL is the world's most niche football code in the world. But you don't have to make up lies because your upset about that.

Are you kidding. I played baseball on Victoria winter and summer comp. I suggest you didn’t look up very well and would suggest you maybe learn some basic internet skills. So will you apologise when I shoe you baseball leagues in Victoria ?

You do know Victoria has a state of the art baseball feild in Altona ?

What did you type into your search engine man? Go back and type in baseball Victoria. They have there own website for goodness sake. You are either really dumb or lying ... which is it. A two year old could have found baseball websites and information. About baseball in Victoria ? Seriously man get a grip.


Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:24 am
Fred wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm I thought it was one player but okay 2.

As I said the Melbourne Storm have had an impact ... they have certainly created awareness of rl so successful there. Problem is that is where it ends ... a niche market and no one really playing the game ... no kids in steers or schools throwing a rl ball around at breaks etc. maybe a bit like gws in western Sydney maybe from what I hear here.

Crowds for one off events will alway turn up ... particularly in Melbourne. You could play the World Series of baseball there and I’m sure it would be a sell out Hardly says baseball is a major sport in Victoria/. You get people going to watch track and feild at the olympics but hardly a major sport. Both sports, however, have far more participants than rl .

So that’s where the Storm (my team) are great but rl struggles.
Fred I did a little research and can safely say your claims are total bullshit about Baseball in Victoria.

Yes I am calling you a liar and full of shit. You need to stop lieing on this forum and making unsubstantiated claims.

I looked up baseball in Victoria in there in virtually no record of anything. Actually in all went to AFL. :lol:

I know your jealous that Rugby League got more people at a game than AFL as ever got in NSW and Qld and your upset that AFL can't grow out of Australia.

Look I know AFL is the world's most niche football code in the world. But you don't have to make up lies because your upset about that.
Start here genius

https://baseball.com.au/play-baseball


Veni, vidi, vici
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests