And so it begins: Year 3 of the womens mess.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: And so it begins: Year 3 of the womens mess.

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:37 pm
Apparently the ladies mess begins season 4 tonight. It's been almost invisible in the educated northern states thus far. Can any of our fumbling friends tell us how they think it will go?? Is it still free entry? Does the media in the developing southern states still bag the atrocious standard of play? Are the rules the same this year or have there been mass changes like last year??

Here's hoping for a great year for the hapless girls. God knows they need a break after the panning they've received the first 3 years.
Well thanks for keeping us informed on the latest up dates and movements about the AFLW comp!

I see it has you obsessed and no doubt other league loonies obsessed and frothing are the mouth of jealousy!

Could you up date us on the nrlolw comp is it running head to head with the afl ladies comp?
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

6 page spread in the Gold Coast bulletin this morning plus front and back pages. Plenty of coverage on the Gold Coast for the aflw suns .... I think the area is looking for at least apartly successful tea to follow :).
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:44 am
6 page spread in the Gold Coast bulletin this morning plus front and back pages. Plenty of coverage on the Gold Coast for the aflw suns .... I think the area is looking for at least apartly successful tea to follow :).
I just had a look at the Bulletin Freddo. There is nothing on the front page pal. Only a very small paid advertisement for Kayo sports. They did get a good write up in the sports pages though. It seems exaggeration, distortion and misinformation is not only used by the fumbling propaganda dept 101 lolololololol!!!!!

Stick to the facts Freddy!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

It seems Ch 7's decision to put AFLW on the main channel in the developing states didn't pay off. It was prime time but didn't make the top 20 cut off point. Very poor start!!

I will keep you posted in my usual fair & objective manner.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So there is a 6 page lift out... back page ... you agree with that. Good. I thought I saw something on the front page signifying the start of season and 6 page lift out inside ... will check. But thought there was a photo.

But let’s say I got the front page A 6 page spread and a back page hardly supports your anti propaganda posted and quoted. So how’s it go in Terry parlance ... you were wrong Pal! Again I might add.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:02 am
Apparently the ladies mess begins season 4 tonight. It's been almost invisible in the educated northern states thus far. Can any of our fumbling friends tell us how they think it will go?? Is it still free entry? Does the media in the developing southern states still bag the atrocious standard of play? Are the rules the same this year or have there been mass changes like last year??

Here's hoping for a great year for the hapless girls. God knows they need a break after the panning they've received the first 3 years.
Well thanks for keeping us informed on the latest up dates and movements about the AFLW comp!

I see it has you obsessed and no doubt other league loonies obsessed and frothing are the mouth of jealousy!

Could you up date us on the nrlolw comp is it running head to head with the afl ladies comp?

Seems Terry is yet again wrong. Plenty of media on the Gold Coast about aflw. Be interesting to check the courier mail. You should check your facts first Terry ... instead of making shallow statements based on your limited world view. Not talking to your uneducated bar flies here mate .... A common delusion of grandeur many a publican is known to have hevibg surrounds themselves with the rock scum of society.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 pm

Seems Terry is yet again wrong. Plenty of media on the Gold Coast about aflw. Be interesting to check the courier mail. You should check your facts first Terry ... instead of making shallow statements based on your limited world view. Not talking to your uneducated bar flies here mate .... A common delusion of grandeur many a publican is known to have hevibg surrounds themselves with the rock scum of society.
Yep old terry He if definitely triggered by the AFLWs league and obsessed :mrgreen:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You forgot to say \Pal lol
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:38 pm
You forgot to say \Pal lol
I did!

Thx fredddoo lololol pal! :(/
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

No worries Pal !!!
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 pm

Well, well, well...…...what do ya do with a bloke like Freddo lololololoololol!!!!! Lets deal with the facts first. Freddy said the Suns girls mess was on the front page of the GC Bulletin. I said it wasn't. And guess what sports fans...…………..it wasn't lolololololol!!!!!!

Freddy now says I'm somehow wrong and that the hapless girls had plenty of media on the GC. Maybe they did. But they weren't on the front page of the GC Bulletin!!!!! Which was my point. Freddy either lied or the poor bugger just made it up lololololololol!!!!! Yeah its the same thing but I am dealing with Freddy here lolooloolo!!!!

Now to a more important point. Freddy, Freddy, Freddy...………….its poor form this early in the year to resort to personal attacks and infantile insults. Albeit this is your go to form of response. Please stick to the facts. And evidence pal. If that's possible. I know.....I know.....lolololololol!!!

Its gonna be a hard year for ya pal if you continue in this vain. One of your main protectors ,Wackie, has vacated the scene so its gonna be up to you and the village idiot lololololololol!!!! Good luck with that lolololol!!!!

In any case I now extend the olive branch (you can google what that means). Lets stick to facts, evidence and reality. Leave personal attacks and insults to lesser mortals.

Good luck pal. And gods speed!!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:00 pm
It seems Ch 7's decision to put AFLW on the main channel in the developing states didn't pay off. It was prime time but didn't make the top 20 cut off point. Very poor start!!
Wrong again. Surprise, surprise. :roll:

Firstly, Channel 7 did not show the AFLW in the northern states on the primary channel.

The new season of Better Homes and Gardens returned and was broadcast on the primary channel. The AFLW was shown on 7mate in every market bar Melbourne and Adelaide.

https://womens.afl/broadcastguide

Oh and the AFLW was the highest rating sport on free to air and subscription TV on Friday night. Easily accounting for all other codes and their respective male and female competitions. Even smashed the Australian national women's soccer team Olympic qualifier. This of course despite the AFLW being a blowout score.

Clearly mass appeal eh? No doubt, you wish the NRL Women's Competition had such broad nationwide appeal. :(/

Friday TV Sports

Free-to-air

AFLW on Seven
Carlton v Richmond 211,000

Subscription TV

AFLW Fox Footy
Carlton v Richmond 64,000

SuperRugby Fox Sports

Brumbies v Rebels 49,000
Highlanders v Sharks 27,000

Football Matilda’s Olympic Qualifiers Fox Sports

Australia v Chinese Taipei 36,000

Football A-League on Fox Sports

Melbourne City v Melbourne Victory 28,000
Perth v Wellington 17,000

Basketball on ESPN

NBL: Bullets v Breakers 18,000
NBA: Lakers v Rockets 12,000
NBA: Bucks v 76ers 10,000

Cricket on Fox Cricket

WT20 Tri-Series: India v England 11,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings ... s-is-back/
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:14 am
Terry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:00 pm
Wrong again. Surprise, surprise. :roll:

Firstly, Channel 7 did not show the AFLW in the northern states on the primary channel.

The new season of Better Homes and Gardens returned and was broadcast on the primary channel. The AFLW was shown on 7mate in every market bar Melbourne and Adelaide.

https://womens.afl/broadcastguide

Oh and the AFLW was the highest rating sport on free to air and subscription TV on Friday night. Easily accounting for all other codes and their respective male and female competitions. Even smashed the Australian national women's soccer team Olympic qualifier. This of course despite the AFLW being a blowout score.

Clearly mass appeal eh? No doubt, you wish the NRL Women's Competition had such broad nationwide appeal. :(/

Friday TV Sports

Free-to-air

AFLW on Seven
Carlton v Richmond 211,000

Subscription TV

AFLW Fox Footy
Carlton v Richmond 64,000

SuperRugby Fox Sports

Brumbies v Rebels 49,000
Highlanders v Sharks 27,000

Football Matilda’s Olympic Qualifiers Fox Sports

Australia v Chinese Taipei 36,000

Football A-League on Fox Sports

Melbourne City v Melbourne Victory 28,000
Perth v Wellington 17,000

Basketball on ESPN

NBL: Bullets v Breakers 18,000
NBA: Lakers v Rockets 12,000
NBA: Bucks v 76ers 10,000

Cricket on Fox Cricket

WT20 Tri-Series: India v England 11,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings ... s-is-back/
Hahahahaha!!!!!!! It appears we have differing views as to which is the developing states pal.In my view it is the backward bubble dwelling Vics, SA & WA. No where in my post did I mention "northern states". You will need to proof read posts more carefully in the future.

As such my post remains uncontested. AFLW was shown on the main channel during prime time in 2 of the games 3 biggest markets and on 7mate in Perth presumably because the telecast began at 4.30pm........not prime time.

Hope that helps!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Isn’t afl also shown on 7 mate in Perth ?

Lol... vic, sa, wa developing states for Aussie rules ....

And you said the coverage of aflw was poor in northern states ... which is clearly not correct ... there was a 6 page lift out .....how does that sit with your comment of no coverage.

Best you quit when you know you’re beaten ... rather than keep digging a bigger whole .....

Oh wait .... forgot to add PAL .......
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:40 am)
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:24 am
Isn’t afl also shown on 7 mate in Perth ?

Lol... vic, sa, wa developing states for Aussie rules ....

And you said the coverage of aflw was poor in northern states ... which is clearly not correct ... there was a 6 page lift out .....how does that sit with your comment of no coverage.

Best you quit when you know you’re beaten ... rather than keep digging a bigger whole .....

Oh wait .... forgot to add PAL .......
Freddy, Freddy, Freddy..........how can one man get it so wrong so many times on so many issues lolololol!!!!!!!!

I posted on 7 Feb that the ladies mess had very little coverage in the northern press. I was correct. You then pointed out the coverage in the GC Bulletin on 8 Feb. Now...........I know I'm good pal but not even I can predict the future lololololololololol.

The point I made about the Bulletin coverage was that there was nothing on the front page as you incorrectly stated. Once again I was correct. You were wrong.

I hope this clears up any discrepancies in my crystal clear comments. Have a great day Freddo and keep morale high!!!!