Make Way for the Better New World Cup

Australian Football news and discussion.
rethink
Team: Nauru + PNG
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Make Way for the Better New World Cup

Post by rethink »

In the wonderful game of Aussi Rules, we do have a number of Australian states and countries elsewhere who do love to play the game (to some extent) and who are more than happy to send a team to participate in the international special events of the game.

I suggest devoting two or three months of the year to the home areas format. Each player may only represent the lowest ranked one area of the seven places where he, his parents and his grand parents were (born and) raised.

Of course the event would be incredibly dull and one sided with a super-favourite who would obviously win (much as all the US-dominated worlds championships are massively dull). This is a problem that ought to be solved in every sport, and here is how to solve it in Aussie Rules:

Melbourne is split into nine map areas (NW, NE, N, S, W, C, SW, E, SE) by us cutting it along two carefully chosen vertical and two horizontal lines. This makes nine teams, all competing for a good place in the rankings, and each of these will choose one area, spot, district or neighbourhood name as its team name in a QF, SF & F name choosing process vote (and no cheesy nicknames allowed). The same happens with the four Rest of Victoria areas N, S W & E (as the rest of the state is cut into four further national team areas by us using two diagonal cuts in half).

These 9 + 4 Victoria teams go up against the likes of PNG, Nauru, Ireland, England, USA, Germany, Japan, China, NSW, SA, WA, NZ, etc

Year one serves as a qualifying games year, helping to decide which 12 teams go into the top level for year 2; all other teams play in Level B in year 2;

In year 3, we have only the top 8 teams in level A, a further 8 (ranked 9-16) in level B and all others play in level C;

Then, from year 4 onwards we have 6 (every other year) or 8 (every other year) teams in level A; the next-best four teams in level B; the next 4 in C; the next 8 in D, and the rest in level E.

This way, if say your area in ranked 11th - this would mean that every other year, the team is in level C (11-14) and every other year, while it stays in this ranking position, it plays in level B (9-12). Whereas tournaments and leagues tend to have mostly mismatches, this cleverly designed format would give each team proper good even matches, and each game would be worth watching, and watching with suspense as to who will win it.

To truly perfect the idea, a little more tweeking is essential (mostly around how to make it less likely that the same one area wins every year, for which there are also good sensible systematic adjustments in-build, while also allowing people who are not happy with how their home area treats them could go for the one guest post each other non-champion team is allowed ...), and the question of where to hold each game will be a case of wherever the best ticket sales revenue could be found.

I do feel that this concept would be truly magical, and that after a while the fans would end up looking forward to this as the highlight to their year
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Make Way for the Better New World Cup

Post by pussycat »

I cant wait!

And don't forget the Millions in Shanghai - they cant wait either!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

is there actually a country the AFL could vs in an international fixture.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 am
Aside from being totally dominated by 3 sides of the past 50 plus years. If the nrlol fixed their player and countries they can represent laws. The nrlol World Cup would stand next to just as pathetic if the afl tried to run a world cup
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm
Aside from being totally dominated by 3 sides of the past 50 plus years. If the nrlol fixed their player and countries they can represent laws. The nrlol World Cup would stand next to just as pathetic if the afl tried to run a world cup
Lol the jealous rants continue
..I can destroy this argument in one question .

Seeing as the English rL team is made up of players either playing in a fully pro comp in the ESL or players from England who have come to play in the NRl can you please show me where a English afl team would be picked from .
Which British afl Comp.
Which British citizens. Play in the afl in Aust .

I'll await the jealous deflective ranting reply
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

WOW LIC you are on another level of ******
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
WOW LIC you are on another level of ******
Look at the History! When Australia isn’t dominating NZ or England have the odd win then Australia dominates again

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_World_Cup

Even when the other teams are packed with nrl layers :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You didn't answer my question .
Why is that .
Is it because you & reality are worlds apart .
I could post the English team to show that it is an English team .....but you would just ignore that & go on some rant .
There is no similarity between rL & afl internationally even if the rules were different .
We have comps overseas with players actually playing in them at a pro or semi pro level .
Afl has nothing like that .
Try to post something that resembles reality ....you won't get laughed at
Simply put Rl is small internationally .
Compared to afl internationally it is a giant .

:))) :))) :)))
Last edited by AFLcrap1 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You didn't answer my question .
Why is that .

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Your still trying to deflect that 3 teams dominate the RLWC and teams a loaded with nrl players
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol so you deflect as predicted .
You really are hopeless at this .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm
Lol you avoided my last reply to this jealous rubbish .

I'll once again give an example of how far removed from reality you are.

If tomorrow the laws of eligibilty for RL changed to citizens only .

Could the English field a competitive team ..
Yep
Could the kiwis ..yep .
Could png....yep but they would be beaten soundly .

Now can the same apply to afl .
Could they even field a team .. :))) :)))
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Shows how stupid your post is .
Jealousy does that

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Half the comp is nrlol players and same with coaching staff
It’s dominated by 3 teams who dominate the minnow teams that are stacked with nrl players thanks to pissweak payer representation regulations

But but but
Nothing you try to claim 🚽 will change reality
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:43 pm
Half the comp is nrlol players and same with coaching staff
It’s dominated by 3 teams who dominate the minnow teams that are stacked with nrl players thanks to pissweak payer representation regulations

But but but
Nothing you try to claim 🚽 will change reality
:(/ :(/ :(/
Why do you keep avoiding my question .
I highlighted facts & realities & you still rant with rot .

Here's what you claimed

If the nrlol fixed their player and countries they can represent laws. The nrlol World Cup would stand next to just as pathetic if the afl tried to run a world cup
Now I addressed this steaming pile .
I showed how far removed from reality it Was.

So anytime you feel like posting some facts as to why the RLWC would be similar to some laughable hypothetical afl World Cup ..please do .
Where are the English afl players coming from .
What pro comp do pthey play in .
Where are the NZ afl players coming from ...what comp do they play in .

Over to you for a deflective rant .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

rethink wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 am
In the wonderful game of Aussi Rules, we do have a number of Australian states and countries elsewhere who do love to play the game (to some extent) and who are more than happy to send a team to participate in the international special events of the game.

I suggest devoting two or three months of the year to the home areas format. Each player may only represent the lowest ranked one area of the seven places where he, his parents and his grand parents were (born and) raised.

Of course the event would be incredibly dull and one sided with a super-favourite who would obviously win (much as all the US-dominated worlds championships are massively dull). This is a problem that ought to be solved in every sport, and here is how to solve it in Aussie Rules:

Melbourne is split into nine map areas (NW, NE, N, S, W, C, SW, E, SE) by us cutting it along two carefully chosen vertical and two horizontal lines. This makes nine teams, all competing for a good place in the rankings, and each of these will choose one area, spot, district or neighbourhood name as its team name in a QF, SF & F name choosing process vote (and no cheesy nicknames allowed). The same happens with the four Rest of Victoria areas N, S W & E (as the rest of the state is cut into four further national team areas by us using two diagonal cuts in half).

These 9 + 4 Victoria teams go up against the likes of PNG, Nauru, Ireland, England, USA, Germany, Japan, China, NSW, SA, WA, NZ, etc

Year one serves as a qualifying games year, helping to decide which 12 teams go into the top level for year 2; all other teams play in Level B in year 2;

In year 3, we have only the top 8 teams in level A, a further 8 (ranked 9-16) in level B and all others play in level C;

Then, from year 4 onwards we have 6 (every other year) or 8 (every other year) teams in level A; the next-best four teams in level B; the next 4 in C; the next 8 in D, and the rest in level E.

This way, if say your area in ranked 11th - this would mean that every other year, the team is in level C (11-14) and every other year, while it stays in this ranking position, it plays in level B (9-12). Whereas tournaments and leagues tend to have mostly mismatches, this cleverly designed format would give each team proper good even matches, and each game would be worth watching, and watching with suspense as to who will win it.

To truly perfect the idea, a little more tweeking is essential (mostly around how to make it less likely that the same one area wins every year, for which there are also good sensible systematic adjustments in-build, while also allowing people who are not happy with how their home area treats them could go for the one guest post each other non-champion team is allowed ...), and the question of where to hold each game will be a case of wherever the best ticket sales revenue could be found.

I do feel that this concept would be truly magical, and that after a while the fans would end up looking forward to this as the highlight to their year
And the runners up could each receive a bag of licorice all sorts, and we could all live happily ever after. Amen.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys