Lets Trade Talk

Australian Football news and discussion.
Simon Danielé
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 1 time

Lets Trade Talk

Post by Simon Danielé »

Hey football fans, this thread is related to everything trade related! Tell me your dream trade target, who you want out and who you would replace them with. The only rule is dont make unrealistic trades for example nothing dumb like Pittard for Martin trades must be semi realistic like Pittard and 3 high first round draft picks plus Pittards contract completely paid out for Martin
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Lets Trade Talk

Post by Fred »

Do the pies trade Elliott for a talker forward option ? They have small type forwards aplenty and you’d keep Degoey and Stevenson. Plus Elliott has been injury prone .
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Simon Danielé (Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:50 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I also think a Taylor Adams to the Gold Coast could be a move . Maybe for at chee?
Veni, vidi, vici
Simon Danielé

Post by Simon Danielé »

Fred wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:12 pm
Do the pies trade Elliott for a talker forward option ? They have small type forwards aplenty and you’d keep Degoey and Stevenson. Plus Elliott has been injury prone .
Do you think someone like Josh Jenkins or even make a play for Big Joey D from the bombers? Elliott is a risky player to take on injury wise but he can win a game off his own boot and im sure a fresh start with a a solid fitness coach would see him boost his average.
Simon Danielé

Post by Simon Danielé »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 pm
If betts can get to the Blues Ill be a happy man!
Would love to see him finish his career back in his original colours would have to be a medium to high second round pick to get him
Simon Danielé

Post by Simon Danielé »

Fred wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:13 pm
I also think a Taylor Adams to the Gold Coast could be a move . Maybe for at chee?
Not in a life time Adams is single handedly one of the most elite midfielders in the comp throw Ah Chee a first round pick and both Rankin and Lukosius then Buckly might budge lol
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well Elliott and Adams has a cracker tonight. Go Pies.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Now the Footy season is over for AFL fans it is time to focus on Trade Week.

My interest is in Jamie Elliot - I would like to see him stay at the Pies but he wants three years and other clubs are offering this. Will be interesting to watch unfold.

Re: the Suns - I think they will keep Pick 1 and 2 but they desperately need leadership and older larger bodies. Collingwood are desperate for a first round pick and would the Suns swap one of their higher picks for a surplus midfielder/forward.

Kelly - should get to West Coast and West Coast can't afford to stuff it up this year. Be interested to see how this trade goes down and what is traded in return.
Veni, vidi, vici
Simon Danielé

Post by Simon Danielé »

Butters is off to GWS, and we are going to do a straight swap of Wines for Fantasia.

But in reality, Howard could be gone, Frampton is off to Adelaide, Sam Gray is in limbo, Powell-Pepper is in limbo, Ryder is off to Saint Kilda, we are into Fantasia, and there was a rumour that Laird might want to come here.

We are also potentially into Hately, and some unknown tall who is “quality” both according to Zakk Wylde who is usually reliable af. 

I’m also hoping we are still trying to get Lukosius but the smoke around that seems to have died off.
These users liked the author Simon Danielé for the post:
Fred (Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:41 pm)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

As a Swans fan I'm worried about trade rumours for Daniher. He has missed a lot of footy. Not keen to see Papley leave the Swans as rumoured either.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Why do I get the feeling that that the old AFL trick of tanking made an appearance in the last few rounds. Gil did say it no longer happens, but I'm not so sure.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don’t think the Suns were tanking. Nor Melbourne for that matter. I don’t tho k the suns will trade pick 1 and 2 however Melbourne could trade pick 3 for 2 picks in top 10.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:01 am
As a Swans fan I'm worried about trade rumours for Daniher. He has missed a lot of footy. Not keen to see Papley leave the Swans as rumoured either.
As an Essendon fan it would be sad to see him go to the swans but he has been injured riddled so potentially better off at the swans from a bombers fans point of view!

How brother Darcy who is a few years older was drafted on the Essendon list as a farther son pick for a few years before Joe was.
He only lasted a few years and retired through injuries as his body wasn’t up to it