GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm
1. Its not annually and fucking lol at including Fremantle at all. I doubt theyve ever had handouts.
2. You leave out West Coast, Adelaide and Port Adelaide for some reason.
3. Supported expansion is better than no expansion.

You work out what you want to call it . A name that embarrasses you the least, But in my book a payment $10m above the grant is a handout!

Rugby Leagues history is littered with expansion! our last, the Titans came in just a few years prior to the Suns. And Melbourne came in less than ten years before that. I'm not sure what your getting at but you certainly haven't got a mortgage on expansion. We've even expanded internationally, have you done anything like that? anything even remotely similar????????????????
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:42 am
The_Wookie wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:47 pm
Absolute bullshit again that you cannot provide a source for .
Why do you keep repeating it if you can't show it's true .
They were not kicked out .
So lets find some sources. Something for everyone, some truth, some bullshit.
THE embattled Gold Coast are on the brink of financial ruin as it emerged the level of debt on the Titans' empire has blown out to an extraordinary $35 million.

As the Titans head to the Federal Court today to fight wind-up proceedings against its property arm, The Courier-Mail can reveal the magnitude of the club's financial haemorraghing, which is worse than the initial forecasted debts of $25-30 million.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... c7d45d2ba7

They didnt sign a lease at Robina once it expired due to rent issues, they werent paying rent at their Centre of Excellence, they owned it and sold it to Bond to pay debt.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-24/ ... ra/5766926

they were evidently homeless for a little bit.
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sp ... %20skyline.

they were saved by Gold Coast council offering them temporary training facilities
https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nrl/go ... 3nor5.html

The Titans being a wholly owned subsidary of the NRL for a time is confirmed in their annual reports. Its also confirmed in the media here
https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nrl/go ... 3nor5.html
https://www.seniorsnews.com.au/news/new ... l/2554834/

That was to do with there owners and there owners property group debts . They certainly don't rely on the NRL for a $10 or 15 million dollar hand out each year and then brag about having made a $200 profit.

And as confirmed in the annual report at that time they were 1 of 3 clubs that were receiving a total of 6? million
Gollum
Last year only 5 to 8 nrlol clubs made a profit
The year before only cowboys and broncos did
That meant nearly all clubs of the nrl have been living off hand outs from the nrlol or owners

The eels have made over 25 million of losses the past 3 seasons
This is on the back of the nrl for ever increasing the distribution money to its clubs to some 13 odd million every season! Money that it only ever has at the start of a new broadcast contract then broke by the end :)))

The past two occasions this has happened and not even banks would give the league commissioner a loan to cover losses! That’s how much of a risk the banks see your league
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

It's a shame there's no chance Terry could land a ticket to the AFL GF.
He could knock one of the two GIANTS games he pledged to attend off.
And experience the world's biggest attended finals event at the same time.
Does any one know where to get an Izzy costume?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:30 pm
pussycat wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:17 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm
1. Its not annually and fucking lol at including Fremantle at all. I doubt theyve ever had handouts.
2. You leave out West Coast, Adelaide and Port Adelaide for some reason.
3. Supported expansion is better than no expansion.

You work out what you want to call it . A name that embarrasses you the least, But in my book a payment $10m above the grant is a handout!
And every other point....?
Rugby Leagues history is littered with expansion! our last, the Titans came in just a few years prior to the Suns. And Melbourne came in less than ten years before that. I'm not sure what your getting at but you certainly haven't got a mortgage on expansion. We've even expanded internationally, have you done anything like that? anything even remotely similar????????????????
See this here is where its all bullshit. Either the AFL is a provincial league or its a world sport - you lot are trying to have it both ways, because you do it with the NRL. Lol NRL overseas expansion, sure.

Never said there was a mortgage on expansion. The NRL has done nothing but talk about expansion for over a decade.

AFL a worl sport :(/ :))) :)))

The ARLCommishion run our game , and the ARLC are the people responsible for expansion. It was you who tried to belittle our expansion. when it has been every bit good as yours.

There is nothing wrong with taking a careful and steady approach! only fools rush in. And just because something is in the paper or being discussed on a chat site doesn't mean there is any substance to it. I the past 7-8 years our game has taken momentous strides. PNG play in the lower grades , shortly Fiji and the womens games is going ahead leaps and bounds.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Your women's game still has 4 teams and 4 games.
Exactly as it started.
Where are these leaps and bounds you professed?
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Anglofl is a pure marketing machine. Only one's buying the hype are in Melbourne tho.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:31 pm
Anglofl is a pure marketing machine. Only one's buying the hype are in Melbourne tho.
Look where the sponsorship dollars, crowds, interest & publicity are going to dipshit :wave:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:31 pm

You got one thing right... the AFL are indeed a marketing machine...like any good business they market themselves very well, protect the brand and look to grow the brand. The NRL could have done with the AFL admin to get done professionalism into the running of its game many years back.

Not sure why you think AFL is only popular in Melbourne though? Me thinks you’re forgetting a few AFL states and the popularity of Australian Rules in seq ... and the growing popularity on Sydney.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/riv ... 52via.html
Flavio Varnier and Celia Caroll, from the Penrith region, were the ones with the giant orange finger.
They love their club so much they have 13 memberships between them. Why? To help out.
:hmm:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

😂😂😂😂😂
The real popularity lol of the midgets is slowly coming to light .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think we all agree they have some way to go re: winning hearts and minds in Western Sydney. It took the swans a long long time to get where they are. But we have a beginning. A seedling if you like where once there was baron ground. And that was the whole point of placing the Giants in Western Sydney.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:05 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

You know who they have won the hearts of though? Everyone who doesn't support Richmond.
Up the Giants.
As mentioned, the planted seed is all that was needed in GWS and it's also all that was needed to trigger the League fans too.
Crows won in their 7th year, West Coast 6th, Port 8th, Brisbane 5th (post-merger). Giants in their 8th season are due I'd say, then a nice big bandwagon to fill.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol cS still avoiding the fake popularity that's been exposed .
You don't seem very keen on discussing it .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

What are you referring to ? A couple of members buying extra memberships. Maybe they decided to do the three game multi instead of a season membership ? But I’m sure that doesn’t account for the 30000 members. Man, why are you so desperate for the Giants to fail ..... ignore it if you don’t care or jump on board. I know we all need a hobby but gee whiz. ... the giants winning and succeeding doesn’t mean you are losing .
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:48 pm
I think we all agree they have some way to go re: winning hearts and minds in Western Sydney. It took the swans a long long time to get where they are. But we have a beginning. A seedling if you like where once there was baron ground. And that was the whole point of placing the Giants in Western Sydney.
Where are the swans? 38 years & can't draw a TV audience. Never produce more than player every draft. What you are saying giants can be niche.