Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by notaleaguefan »

If that’s the case terry why do the afl clubs slaughter all nrlol clubs in the sponsorship area? It should be the other way around if you were correct
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Round one down of the finals for both codes!

As predicted it was a slaughter house afl won hands down!

Well done on your predictions.

Did you predict that Rugby League would once again attract more viewers this year. If something is viewed by more people it is MORE POPULAR! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Did you predict That Rugby League would once again have significantly higher rating FTA and PTV games. WHAT, no, no and no . You didn't predict any of these? What's the fargon point of you??????????????????Enjoy that silver medal.
Scheduling Gollum
Why do the afl flog the nrlol nearly ever occasion when games are shown in near similar times?

I’ll predict that afl will slaughter every finals week this year! Jus to like thebpast several years
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:57 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 pm
So afl won the finals. Awesome. Thought so. Seems when AFL and NRL are directly opposing with most things being equal - AFL usually wins. Lime Friday nights. As I have said before - if you had one choice re: Friday night footy and had to broadcast it nationally on the one channel - you are picking AFL over the NRL every time. Same goes with finals.
Come on Freddy......I've explained this before.......repeatedly!!!!!!! If you're a sponsor and you want to advertise into Sydney & Brisbane you go to RL broadcasts because they win their time slot 99.9% of the time. If you want to advertise in Melbourne and desert states you go with the southern game.

This is simple stuff Freddo. Hope that helps!!!!!
Doesnt change his point. If you are looking for a nationally broadcast game and a national footprint, you'd pick an AFL match over an NRL one unless its Origin.

Theres a reason why the AFL and its clubs have better sponsorship. And more broadcast rights income.
Doesn't change my point! If you want to advertise into Sydney and Brisbane you don't do it with AFL on FTA. And the broadcast money for content is almost the same.

The NRL could and should do better with sponsorship but the difference in total revenue gets less each year. 2012: AFL 471M v NRL 185M. 2018: AFL 668M v NRL 500M.

The hope would be that when V'Landys takes over he can monetise sponsorship & other opportunities which he has done for Racing in NSW.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:29 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:31 pm
The NRL could and should do better with sponsorship but the difference in total revenue gets less each year. 2012: AFL 471M v NRL 185M. 2018: AFL 668M v NRL 500M.
Ok.

Actual 2012 Figures
NRL Consolidated Revenue $185,668,000 (NRL last year of broadcast deal)
AFL Consolidated Revenue $471,493,000 (AFL first year of new broadcast deal)
Difference: $285,825,000

Actual 2018 figures
NRL Consolidated Revenue $499,940,000
AFL Consolidated Revenue $778,596,000 (its kind of odd that this is the only one where you dont cite consolidated revenue for either the AFL or NRL)
Difference: $278,656,000

oh yes, you've gained...$7,169,000 after 6 years.
The hope would be that when V'Landys takes over he can monetise sponsorship & other opportunities which he has done for Racing in NSW.
Unlike Racing NSW he cant just throw more prize money at it and hope it sticks.
Thanks for that Wookie. I must have missed the bottom line of the 2018 reports.

None the less my point stands. In 2012 the NRL's revenue was 39% that of the AFL's. In 2018 it was 65%. The gap is being reduced since the Commission has taken over.

I would never expect you would to say anything, anytime positive or advantageous about RL. Particularly on this site as you have previously stated.

As for V'landys he has been widely acknowledged as being the best sports administrator in Australia. You will rail about that of course.

I suspect he hasn't taken the job for his health & has a plan for the future. I await the outcome. Nothing he does will impress you!!!! No surprises there.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:26 pm
Pretty impressive figures for RL. A massive 53 games less but an aggregate win and absolute thrashing in the averages 497k V 395k.

With more finals games, ladies comp, Nine's & internationals to come RL will easily win aggregate and averages for the year. And still with less games than the AFL.

Great stuff!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
AngloFootballLeague (Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 am)
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am
Terry wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:31 pm
Ok.

Actual 2012 Figures

Actual 2018 figures
AFL Consolidated Revenue $778,596,000 (its kind of odd that this is the only one where you dont cite consolidated revenue for either the AFL or NRL)

None the less my point stands. In 2012 the NRL's revenue was 39% that of the AFL's. In 2018 it was 65%. The gap is being reduced since the Commission has taken over.

I would never expect you would to say anything, anytime positive or advantageous about RL. Particularly on this site as you have previously stated.

As for V'landys he has been widely acknowledged as being the best sports administrator in Australia. You will rail about that of course.

I suspect he hasn't taken the job for his health & has a plan for the future. I await the outcome. Nothing he does will impress you!!!! No surprises there.
That’s due to coming from such a low base in the first place The nrlols base has grown. But so has the afl

Learn to read Wookiea numbers! It’s fuck all the gap you have closed in on :lol:
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 am
Pretty impressive figures for RL. A massive 53 games less but an aggregate win and absolute thrashing in the averages 497k V 395k.

With more finals games, ladies comp, Nine's & internationals to come RL will easily win aggregate and averages for the year. And still with less games than the AFL.

Great stuff!!!!
Agsin all down to scheduling

Just sit back and watch the finals and check the rating numbers
Then you’ll see how it plays a factor :wave:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:23 am
Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 am

Great stuff!!!!
Agsin all down to scheduling

Just sit back and watch the finals and check the rating numbers
Then you’ll see how it plays a factor :wave:
Idiots will be idiots!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am

Ok.

Actual 2012 Figures

Actual 2018 figures

That’s due to coming from such a low base in the first place The nrlols base has grown. But so has the afl

Learn to read Wookiea numbers! It’s fuck all the gap you have closed in on :lol:
Latest news: Idiots have no idea about percentages. In fact they have no idea period!!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am
notaleaguefan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am

Latest news: Idiots have no idea about percentages. In fact they have no idea period!!!!!!
7 million in 6 years :)))

Big inroads :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Wookie, what are figures for non-broadcast revenue?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:25 pm

In the meantime, the actual gap has stayed relatively the same.
Its almost like I never post anything favourable about NRL tv ratings or anything. I even approved of Magic Round, even if I dont agree with some of the crowd figures presented.
Widely acknowledged? By who? Folks at the NRL and Racing NSW (of which Tony Shepherd of GWS is also a director) are hardly going to slam him.
If he does well it will impress me. And it takes more than just getting tv rights money or increasing ticket prices to do that.
The actual gap has remained the same coming off very much lower bases. The NRL is now a 1/2B a year business and the AFL 3/4B. The percentage gap has closed significantly.

As for the rest who cares?? You have opinions like every other mug here. Nothing more, nothing less!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm
The actual gap has remained the same coming off very much lower bases. The NRL is now a 1/2B a year business and the AFL 3/4B. The percentage gap has closed significantly.
and in real terms the gap hasnt closed at all.
As for the rest who cares?? You have opinions like every other mug here. Nothing more, nothing less!!!
If thats what helps you sleep at night, terry, then good for you.
No problems pal! I have opinions of you that don't match your assumptions of relevance. Simple as that!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm
and in real terms the gap hasnt closed at all.
If thats what helps you sleep at night, terry, then good for you.
No problems pal! I have opinions of you that don't match your assumptions of relevance. Simple as that!!!
Your assumptions may be correct in the wacky world of terry lolololoon land!
But is today incorrect in reality!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Lets see. Back in 2012 our revenue was about 40% of yours, 5 years later it about two thirds of yours. In my book that a sizeable increase in just 6 year. It also needs to be taken into account that your revenue number would be boosted by being in the second year of $2b TV contract while we were still in our 1st.
Last edited by pussycat on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys