How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by Fred »

RL has very little presence in Victoria ... there are large party’s of Victoria where there are no clubs or leagues. I think Tassies league folded a few years ago. Nay have resurrected ? But eve. It it did would be very small . SA ... smaller presence then Victoria. In WA there has been a move to grow the game and some growth noted. Where as you can play Australian Rules right across this country ... even in the outback.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.the ... eague/amp/
Last edited by Fred on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by Quolls2019 »

How does it feel knowing first grade rugby league clubs, and rugby league, have failed in 2 Australians states? How does it feel to know that the top 3 rugby clubs are not in Sydney.
How does it feel knowing that the most successful modern day Rugby league club is the least popular football club in it out of AFL and NRL in its home state and And still totally relies on non victorians to fill its side.

You can have the world, where rugby league is struggling, Australian Rules fans are happy we have Australia.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post (total 2):
Cats_Steve (Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:10 am) • notaleaguefan (Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:21 pm)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:57 am
How does it feel knowing first grade rugby league clubs, and rugby league, have failed in 2 Australians states? How does it feel to know that the top 3 rugby clubs are not in Sydney.
How does it feel knowing that the most successful modern day Rugby league club is the least popular football club in it out of AFL and NRL in its home state and And still totally relies on non victorians to fill its side.

You can have the world, where rugby league is struggling, Australian Rules fans are happy we have Australia.
No. Anglofl craves overseas attention - hence angloflx & failed China push.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Nope, you are a bit obsessed about this.
Let’s try and close the argument.

Rugby league has a professional presence internationally, but is not the most popular football code internationally.
Rugby league has a professional presence in Canada, but is not the most popular football code in Canada.
Rugby league has a professional presence in France, but is not the most popular football code in France.
Rugby league has a professional presence in England, but is not the most popular football code in England.
Rugby League has a professional presence in New Zealand, but is not the most popular football code in New Zealand.
Rugby League has a professional presence in Papua-New Guinea......ok you got me there!!
Australian Rules does not have a professional presence internationally....oh well.
Australian Rules does have a professional presence in Australia, and is the most popular football code in Australia.

That’ll do filly.

Port Adelaide just extended the “failed” China push by 3 years.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:40 am
Fred wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:22 pm
You can’t even play rl in large parts of Australia. You can afl Australian rules just about everywhere.
Rugby League has a presence of some type if every state of Australia.

How does it feel knowing reserve grade rugby league in more international than first grade AFL?

Really puts things into perspective hey Fred :wink:
How many people from vic, sa or wa have played league?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_l ... n_Victoria
A total of 5 in 100 plus years!
Yep massive looney league footprint thick shit

On current players alone you could field a side of players from nsw and Qld alone! And strong leagues all up the coast

Yet you claim on one played afl in those states !

Thick shit
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Nope, you are a bit obsessed about this.
Let’s try and close the argument.

Rugby league has a professional presence internationally, but is not the most popular football code internationally.
Rugby league has a professional presence in Canada, but is not the most popular football code in Canada.
Rugby league has a professional presence in France, but is not the most popular football code in France.
Rugby league has a professional presence in England, but is not the most popular football code in England.
Rugby League has a professional presence in New Zealand, but is not the most popular football code in New Zealand.
Rugby League has a professional presence in Papua-New Guinea......ok you got me there!!
Australian Rules does not have a professional presence internationally....oh well.
Australian Rules does have a professional presence in Australia, and is the most popular football code in Australia.

That’ll do filly.

Port Adelaide just extended the “failed” China push by 3 years.
Remember when you posted figures relating to diversity in anglofl not realizing how poorly they reflected against national average, thus demonstrating just how white you guys are? Then you deflected on some nonsense after stating england didn't provide the most overseas parents, which was completely wrong & to this day continue to carry on with it? I do - it was bloody stupid!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think I’ve shown the diversity with a large percentage of aboriginal players. There are also black African players playing Australian Rules.... how many playing nrl at the highest level ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Anglo(who doesn’t know what Anglophile means)filly

Firstly you didn’t address my post at all, but referred to previous ones which you whinge about others doing.
Secondly
“Remember when you posted figures relating to diversity in anglofl not realizing how poorly they reflected against national average, thus demonstrating just how white you guys are? Then you deflected on some nonsense after stating england didn't provide the most overseas parents, which was completely wrong & to this day continue to carry on with it? I do - it was bloody stupid!”

I reckon you’re the one that continues to go on with it.

But:
In my initial post I stated that I did a manual count and i was surprised that the Koori participation was so low, Fred kindly corrected me and I acknowledged that.

As for immigrant participation

From the AFL players association not the AFL:
The AFL Players’ Association is proud to reveal the 2018 AFL Players’ Multicultural Map.

The map features AFL and AFLW players who are either born overseas or have a parent born in another country.

From Austria to Zimbabwe, there are 46 countries represented on the 2018 Multicultural Map — the fourth of its kind.

Players highlighted in green were born outside Australia, while those in red have a parent born in another country. Therefore, some players may be listed against more than one country.
http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content ... e-2018.pdf

Do the count and get back to me, then show me the NRL figures.
Stupid? For someone who has used Anglophile as a weapon for several years without knowing what it meant, I’m pretty sure you don’t know what stupid is.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am

Firstly you didn’t address my post at all, but referred to previous ones which you whinge about others doing.
Secondly
“Remember when you posted figures relating to diversity in anglofl not realizing how poorly they reflected against national average, thus demonstrating just how white you guys are? Then you deflected on some nonsense after stating england didn't provide the most overseas parents, which was completely wrong & to this day continue to carry on with it? I do - it was bloody stupid!”

I reckon you’re the one that continues to go on with it.

But:
In my initial post I stated that I did a manual count and i was surprised that the Koori participation was so low, Fred kindly corrected me and I acknowledged that.

As for immigrant participation

From the AFL players association not the AFL:
The AFL Players’ Association is proud to reveal the 2018 AFL Players’ Multicultural Map.

The map features AFL and AFLW players who are either born overseas or have a parent born in another country.

From Austria to Zimbabwe, there are 46 countries represented on the 2018 Multicultural Map — the fourth of its kind.

Players highlighted in green were born outside Australia, while those in red have a parent born in another country. Therefore, some players may be listed against more than one country.
http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content ... e-2018.pdf

Do the count and get back to me, then show me the NRL figures.
Stupid? For someone who has used Anglophile as a weapon for several years without knowing what it meant, I’m pretty sure you don’t know what stupid is.
Do your own research. If you're looking to prove Anglofl is anything but the whitest code you've wasting your time.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

It isn’t research when I give you the reference, finding the reference yes, been given one..no.
But for someone who has used Anglophile as a weapon not knowing that it means the exact opposite, I should not expect any comprehension whatsoever because I will get none.

I do not accept that the AFL is a racist league, but anglophilia is not what that means, or do you want me to explain that again.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Definition of words evolve - Term anglo is commonly used to refer to white people. For example; Anglofl players & fans are so anglo.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm
Definition of words evolve - Term anglo is commonly used to refer to white people. For example; Anglofl players & fans are so anglo.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm
Defective deflection, you have been pushing the Anglophile angle without knowing what it actually meant and will not admit it.

And you still can’t get it right...it specifically relates to the English or related to the English. Not all English are white and not all white are English, in fact most are not.

“Anglo is a prefix indicating a relation to the Angles, England, the English people or the English language, such as in the term Anglo-Saxon language. It is often used alone, somewhat loosely, to refer to people of British Isles descent in the Americas, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia.”

Oh my. Perhaps you could evolve into a person who has more comprehension.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Don’t forget the Dukes .... Anglo Saxon Dukes
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Actually Anglo Saxons are white gentiles. Which is the point being made. The AFL is overwhelmingly played, watched and run by white gentiles.

Over the years some AFL clubs have had no indigenous players let alone anyone of Pacific Islander or other ethnic background.

Hope that helps!!!!