Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Mate, I don’t think even your league mates agree with including soo in the comparison of ratings between afl and nrl comps.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 am
Fred wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:15 pm
The home and away season doesn’t include soo but you’re welcome to think it does.... but it isn’t.
Twisting and turning , squiggle and squirming as you Mexicans try to change your argument. 'DOMESTIC SEASON!' was the original argument Fred. [-(

Noticed this under crowd records

24,000 Domestic Cricket (Big Bash League)
Gollum
You are trying to argue opposite as to how the nrlol it self reports the H&A ratings :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:46 am
Mate, I don’t think even your league mates agree with including soo in the comparison of ratings between afl and nrl comps.
Its quoted there in the context of a sporting event. A definition is given in every English speaking dictionary . So maybe you need to think on it a bit more!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

NRL not showing games which decide finals on FTA this week. Not good.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm
NRL not showing games which decide finals on FTA this week. Not good.
But but but :wave:

Bring on the finals & watch a total slaughtering
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:07 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:03 pm
Oh you a bit upset .
Not at all.
There's no such thing as a level field with you lot .
You can't seem to comprehend what I'm saying .
You're too busy being angry at RL posters .
I'll spell it out again .
Dont bother, we got it the first hundred times.
You say don't include Rep figures in H& A figures .
I say ok
Let's just count the H&A figures .
Afl have more games so let's do the figures on equal amount of games .
That's a no as well
Can't be fairer than that .but no
Its why we have averages dumbass.
So who's the snowflake ?
league folks on this forum.
Listen dumbass
The yearly ratings total for the Home and away season has nothing to do with averages .
The yearly total has been the discussion .
You've entered Vi levels of comprehension fails .
The total is all the domestic season figures of all ratings ..am I right .

We were slightly behind .xoming into the final RD .right

When it was posted that Rep figures should be included ...you said no

I then said AFl more games
To make itfair ..count the same number of games

You said no.

Lol I wonder why
You then talk about averages...nothing to do with the total .
And you call me a dumbass
I can't make it any clearer .

If AFL have 198 games & NRl 192 then that's an unfair advantage in total ratings due to more games .

If we can't add the rep games then only 192 afl games should be counted
Fairs fair ...unless you're a fumbler .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

But it’s also a fact that some afl games are shown concurrently ?

As I have said... there will always be nuances that impact the stats. In my opinion, finals is the closest we get in comparing like with like.

Afl win crowds. ARL/Nrl win rep game ratings. These two things we all agree. Home and away ratings I think at least we can all agree are close enough for people on each side to cite one thing or another ... so we can agree they are close. Given TV ratings are only estimates then there is a certain amount of error in there reported results ... plus or minus. So let’s just agree gone and away are close.

Finals . Let’s see how this turns out. Afl won easy last year I believe. So let’s see what happens this year.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:04 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:43 pm
The last bloke I saw raise this entirely relevant and reasonable point ended up packing it in. I wouldn't bother mate.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:43 pm

As I have said... there will always be nuances that impact the stats. In my opinion, finals is the closest we get in comparing like with like.

Afl win crowds. ARL/Nrl win rep game ratings. These two things we all agree. Home and away ratings I think at least we can all agree are close enough for people on each side to cite one thing or another ... so we can agree they are close. Given TV ratings are only estimates then there is a certain amount of error in there reported results ... plus or minus. So let’s just agree gone and away are close.

Finals . Let’s see how this turns out. Afl won easy last year I believe. So let’s see what happens this year.
Freddy boyo......wrong on every count my friend. You have some concurrent games. You also have FTA into every home market. NRL has no concurrent games but only 3/4 FTA games into home markets. It is what it is pal. You use lame mindless excuses.

And finals games? Closest we get in comparing?? Ya dreaming pal.

Now man up Freddy and address my points. I know you have been avoiding me, which has been a good move considering the hammering you have copped. But now is the time to step up. Take a shot of cement, harden up and have a crack at the title pal.

If you don't it's the old story............if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch!!!!!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:41 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:07 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:03 pm
Oh you a bit upset .
Not at all.
There's no such thing as a level field with you lot .
You can't seem to comprehend what I'm saying .
You're too busy being angry at RL posters .
I'll spell it out again .
Dont bother, we got it the first hundred times.
You say don't include Rep figures in H& A figures .
I say ok
Let's just count the H&A figures .
Afl have more games so let's do the figures on equal amount of games .
That's a no as well
Can't be fairer than that .but no
Its why we have averages dumbass.
So who's the snowflake ?
league folks on this forum.
Listen dumbass
The yearly ratings total for the Home and away season has nothing to do with averages .
The yearly total has been the discussion .
You've entered Vi levels of comprehension fails .
The total is all the domestic season figures of all ratings ..am I right .

We were slightly behind .xoming into the final RD .right

When it was posted that Rep figures should be included ...you said no

I then said AFl more games
To make itfair ..count the same number of games

You said no.

Lol I wonder why
You then talk about averages...nothing to do with the total .
And you call me a dumbass
I can't make it any clearer .

If AFL have 198 games & NRl 192 then that's an unfair advantage in total ratings due to more games .

If we can't add the rep games then only 192 afl games should be counted
Fairs fair ...unless you're a fumbler .
this is why the finals series is such a great comparison crappy
equal number of games played each round at similar times

but as this doesn't suit your little pathetic argument you always choose to ignore it as the NRLOL gets slaughtered nearly every time :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Comparing finals may be one way as I noted. The other, that may suit he nrl lot here as they may win this way would be to average all those games that are shown in isolation. I think all nrl games are shown in isolation but not sure and there are plenty of afl games shown in isolation for a meaningful average. As they are averages, obviously the amount of games does not have to be even. With any reporting of a mean average a SD should always be reported as this allows a spread. A fundamental error by many a student in many a lab report amazingly enough 3rd year students at that. But anyway, anyone able to get those figures? Maybe not perfect but what is?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:14 pm
Network 10 has fired a shot across the bow of the Nine Network by confirming it is ready to compete for rugby league rights when the ARL Commission heads to the market, possibly as early as next year.

Ahead of a meeting with club bosses next week, where discussion over the game’s footprint and broadcasting rights are set to take centre stage, 10 chief executive Paul Anderson indicated his network was primed and ready to grab a slice of the rugby league pie.

“Major sports remain a part of our long term strategy — we have been a significant player in the past and there is no reason why this will change as attractive future rights become available,” Anderson said.

“Network 10 is part of a global media company that has a significant sporting legacy with franchises that are a very important part of their network.”

It is understood representatives from Network 10 have already made contact with some clubs as they look to carry out due diligence on a potential bid for the broadcasting rights.

The network is owned by CBS Studios International, which runs global businesses worth more than $20 billion and has a longstanding interest in the NFL in the US.

Money will not be an issue, although The Weekend Australian was told Network 10 officials would likely require the imprimatur of their American bosses given the outlay required to snatch rugby league from the Nine Network. Revelations that Network 10 is eyeing rugby league will be manna from heaven for the ARL Commission and the NRL, as they contemplate entering negotiations over broadcasting rights as early as next year.

Stream every match of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >

The existing deal with the Nine Network and Foxtel runs until the end of 2022, but there is a school of thought within the commission and NRL that the game would be best served by heading to market early, thereby heading off the AFL and ensuring they have some stability for their clubs going forward.

Their best hope of extracting another big deal for the game is by creating some competitive tension in the market. Network 10 were previously involved in bidding for the NRL rights when they were under the control of former chairman Lachlan Murdoch and ex-chief executive James Warburton.

That plan failed to come to fruition but Warburton is now the chief executive of Seven West Media, the other network likely to challenge for rugby league rights.

Warburton was unavailable for comment on Friday.

The NRL could yet look to show games on more than one commercial network to maximising income, a scenario that has been contemplated in the past.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... 1537284c0a
Yep. And it's been confirmed by Ch 10 CEO Paul Anderson. Great news for Australia's highest rating sport!!!!!

Personally I hope 10 get some or all FTA games. Ch 9 have had the rights long enough and have become boring and complacent. A bit of competitive tension will be good for the game and good for the networks.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/09/10-to- ... ights.html
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:36 pm
Comparing finals may be one way as I noted. The other, that may suit he nrl lot here as they may win this way would be to average all those games that are shown in isolation. I think all nrl games are shown in isolation but not sure and there are plenty of afl games shown in isolation for a meaningful average. As they are averages, obviously the amount of games does not have to be even. With any reporting of a mean average a SD should always be reported as this allows a spread. A fundamental error by many a student in many a lab report amazingly enough 3rd year students at that. But anyway, anyone able to get those figures? Maybe not perfect but what is?

Anything, anything that's in you favour hey Fred. Or is it Professor Fred these days ? but, but , but

Most rating (in Australia only(as specified by Fred)).... Rugby League , but but but :rock:
Best Average ... Rugby League, but but but :rock:
Highest rating matches on FTA....1)Rugby League 2) Rugby League 3(Rugby League)...but but but :rock:
Highest Rating matches on PTY...Rugby League ... but but but :rock:
And No1 for steaming... Rugby League.... but but but.... :rock:

Surely this cant be right can it Fred :hmm:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:48 pm
NRL Premiership Season - 88.201 m total, 459,000 average
AFL Premiership Season - 89.110 m total, 450,000 average

NRL Year - 99.534m total, 490,000 average
AFL Year - 100.886m total, 388,000 average.

Very interesting. So if the NRL premiership had the same number of games as the AFL the total would be 90.776M. Or if we added in 6 of our other domestic season games i.e. 3 x SOO and 3x Internationals played in Australia and shown on domestic TV the total would be well over 100M.

And the Year averages are an easy win to RL. And there is plenty more to come for RL with International 9's & full Internationals to come. Great work Wookie!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:02 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Anything, anything that's in you favour hey Fred. Or is it Professor Fred these days ? but, but , but

Most rating (in Australia only(as specified by Fred)).... Rugby League , but but but :rock:
Best Average ... Rugby League, but but but :rock:
Highest rating matches on FTA....1)Rugby League 2) Rugby League 3(Rugby League)...but but but :rock:
Highest Rating matches on PTY...Rugby League ... but but but :rock:
And No1 for steaming... Rugby League.... but but but.... :rock:

Surely this cant be right can it Fred :hmm:
That’s all you have soo soo

Funny how the crowds, ratings and interest quickly disappears