one to three minnows need to go

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

one to three minnows need to go

Post by notaleaguefan »

Cronulla, Manly and the Gold Coast are at risk of being axed from the NRL as the Nine Network pushes for a new Brisbane rugby league team.

The broadcaster’s director of sport Tom Malone wants to axe one existing club to make way for a new club in the Queensland capital by 2023 with the final call to be made as early as December this year.

The newspaper reports that the Sharks, Sea Eagles and the Titans are the sides who are most at risk of the chop.

“That could come from another team being relocated there, or better still another club being discontinued and a new club established in Brisbane,” Malone told the Sunday Mail.

“In a perfect world you’d probably have one or two less teams.

“What clubs should go? I’m not going to get into that one. It’s a hard decision but probably one that needs to be made in the longer term interests of the game.”

Malone says he prefers the option of axing an existing club rather than adding another club because having 17 teams and a bye each week would increase costs without generating any “incremental revenue”.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg reportedly met with Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Friday to discuss a new Brisbane team.

Foxtel chief executive Patrick Delany supports a second team in the River City but doesn’t believe in axing an existing club.

“They love their rugby league in Brisbane and it seems a natural fit,” Mr Delany told the Sunday Mail.

“You get that intercity rivalry which enhances tribalism and that’s ultimately what we want.

“It’s all about generating more fans and bigger TV audiences. I don’t know if you’d get that real tribal traction with rugby league in Perth that you’d get in Brisbane.” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/brisb ... 3a08d42ffc
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: one to three minnows need to go

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Nine want 2nd Brisbane for Queensland ratings. They don't want 9th game cause foxtel has out rated them this year for some games. Extra game could mean more foxtel members. I reckon league will increase to 18 teams anyway.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol what ch 9 want & what they get is miles apart .
These users liked the author AFLcrap1 for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:39 am)
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

your game is a tv sport thanks to the pissing contest of the murdoch and packer days!
out side of tv revenue your game is pathetic and shit and near aye league standard!

the tv networks has league by the balls! :wave:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol

From today's Australian ( news ltd so probably an agenda behind it )

Ten set to pitch for NRL rights
Network 10 has fired a shot across the bow of the Nine Network by confirming it is ready to compete for rugby league rights.

Still if CH 10 want to get the highest rating sport in Aust they'll have to pay for it .

I can hear the VI meltdown starting now

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Who said that ? Was it a quote or the journalist?

Anyway... 10 buying in ist good thing which ever way they go. Puts pressure on 7 and 9 to raise bids and if they do get a code... leaves 9 and 7 to fight over the other.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

they mocked the c9 journalist saying teams need to go in the nrlol due to increase ratings & financial strain on the nrlol and fobbed off saying its only a journalist and a rubbish article

now this one is favourable the tin foil hat clan are trying to count their chickens before they have hatched based on an article from a similar source :lol: :lol:

talk of delusional :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm
they mocked the c9 journalist saying teams need to go in the nrlol due to increase ratings & financial strain on the nrlol and fobbed off saying its only a journalist and a rubbish article

now this one is favourable the tin foil hat clan are trying to count their chickens before they have hatched based on an article from a similar source :lol: :lol:

State of Origin rates well right across the nation - anglofl still needs to work out how to do that.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh my
This is why you are considered the stupidest person god ever punched an arsehole into.

One was an opinion by a ch 9 commentator / journo .
With little to back up that opinion .

The other was a direct quote from the CEO of CH 10
Anyone with an IQ above a goldfish can tell the difference
You have massive issues with it .

Network 10 has fired a shot across the bow of the Nine Network by confirming it is ready to compete for rugby league rights when the ARL Commission heads to the market, possibly as early as next year.

Ahead of a meeting with club bosses next week, where discussion over the game’s footprint and broadcasting rights are set to take centre stage, 10 chief executive Paul Anderson indicated his network was primed and ready to grab a slice of the rugby league pie.

Major sports remain a part of our long term strategy — we have been a significant player in the past and there is no reason why this will change as attractive future rights become available,” Anderson said.

“Network 10 is part of a global media company that has a significant sporting legacy with franchises that are a very important part of their network.”

It is understood representatives from Network 10 have already made contact with some clubs as they look to carry out due diligence on a potential bid for the broadcasting rights.

The network is owned by CBS Studios International, which runs global businesses worth more than $20 billion and has a longstanding interest in the NFL in the US.

Money will not be an issue, although The Weekend Australian was told Network 10 officials would likely require the imprimatur of their American bosses given the outlay required to snatch rugby league from the Nine Network. Revelations that Network 10 is eyeing rugby league will be manna from heaven for the ARL Commission and the NRL, as they contemplate entering negotiations over broadcasting rights as early as next year.

Stream every match of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >

The existing deal with the Nine Network and Foxtel runs until the end of 2022, but there is a school of thought within the commission and NRL that the game would be best served by heading to market early, thereby heading off the AFL and ensuring they have some stability for their clubs going forward.

Their best hope of extracting another big deal for the game is by creating some competitive tension in the market. Network 10 were previously involved in bidding for the NRL rights when they were under the control of former chairman Lachlan Murdoch and ex-chief executive James Warburton.

That plan failed to come to fruition but Warburton is now the chief executive of Seven West Media, the other network likely to challenge for rugby league rights.

Warburton was unavailable for comment on Friday.

The NRL could yet look to show games on more than one commercial network to maximising income, a scenario that has been contemplated in the past.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... 1537284c0a

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Oh my
This is why you are considered the stupidest person god ever punched an arsehole into.

One was an opinion by a ch 9 commentator / journo .
With little to back up that opinion .

The other was a direct quote from the CEO of CH 10
Anyone with an IQ above a goldfish can tell the difference
You have massive issues with it .

Network 10 has fired a shot across the bow of the Nine Network by confirming it is ready to compete for rugby league rights when the ARL Commission heads to the market, possibly as early as next year.

Ahead of a meeting with club bosses next week, where discussion over the game’s footprint and broadcasting rights are set to take centre stage, 10 chief executive Paul Anderson indicated his network was primed and ready to grab a slice of the rugby league pie.

Major sports remain a part of our long term strategy — we have been a significant player in the past and there is no reason why this will change as attractive future rights become available,” Anderson said.

“Network 10 is part of a global media company that has a significant sporting legacy with franchises that are a very important part of their network.”

It is understood representatives from Network 10 have already made contact with some clubs as they look to carry out due diligence on a potential bid for the broadcasting rights.

The network is owned by CBS Studios International, which runs global businesses worth more than $20 billion and has a longstanding interest in the NFL in the US.

Money will not be an issue, although The Weekend Australian was told Network 10 officials would likely require the imprimatur of their American bosses given the outlay required to snatch rugby league from the Nine Network. Revelations that Network 10 is eyeing rugby league will be manna from heaven for the ARL Commission and the NRL, as they contemplate entering negotiations over broadcasting rights as early as next year.

Stream every match of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >

The existing deal with the Nine Network and Foxtel runs until the end of 2022, but there is a school of thought within the commission and NRL that the game would be best served by heading to market early, thereby heading off the AFL and ensuring they have some stability for their clubs going forward.

Their best hope of extracting another big deal for the game is by creating some competitive tension in the market. Network 10 were previously involved in bidding for the NRL rights when they were under the control of former chairman Lachlan Murdoch and ex-chief executive James Warburton.

That plan failed to come to fruition but Warburton is now the chief executive of Seven West Media, the other network likely to challenge for rugby league rights.

Warburton was unavailable for comment on Friday.

The NRL could yet look to show games on more than one commercial network to maximising income, a scenario that has been contemplated in the past.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... 1537284c0a
The irony in your hypocrisy!
Just a rant! Still don’t get it
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So you couldn't address my last post that highlighted your stupidity .
Lol how strange .

🤣
Xman wrote
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

My post from an earlier time.

“Post by Quolls2019 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:03 pm

The next round of TV rights could be most interesting
CBS now own 10 and they targeted sport, mainly NFL, to lead their revival in Network TV , they have the capacity to broadcast live and stream live.
Disney plus starts in November, Disney majority owns ESPN, they could also be a player.”
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yes will be very interesting .
Seems far more players at the table this round of rights .
Even if the NRL gets in first it could still be a move that could turn out better for the AFL ( or vice versa if they get in first)
Whoever goes first gets their deal then the remaining sport could have new players left to fight over the other big tv sport .
Could drive te price up if there's plenty of interested parties

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:26 am
My post from an earlier time.

“Post by Quolls2019 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:03 pm

The next round of TV rights could be most interesting
CBS now own 10 and they targeted sport, mainly NFL, to lead their revival in Network TV , they have the capacity to broadcast live and stream live.
Disney plus starts in November, Disney majority owns ESPN, they could also be a player.”
Marvel is owned by Disney as well. Wonder if the afl went after them for the naming rights of Docklands stadium with a long term view in mind of trying to build up an affiliation with Disney & ESPN etc