Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Terry »

Umm Fred...Sam Gilbert - junior club Coolangatta/Tweed Heads & Southport. He's a Qlder!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:04 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:36 am

List a team of nsw players from north of the Beetson. I am sure it won't be competitive. Remember that's the most populated region of Australia. Be smart enough to see past marketing.
Well there’s been plenty and are plenty including legends of the game. Hird, Paul Kelly, Crawford, Ackerman i won Brownlow medals. I’m sure there are more.

But I’ll have a look at current players ... there would be a decent team from nsw and qld. I’m assuming a beatson line is the Murray River ?
All these produced before past 20 years of supposed growth, yet nobody to match them since.

Did you not see the 2018 sides from nsw and qld? I think there are plenty from the qld side and a few from the nsw side that come from above the Barassi line that would make a good side.

Also add in some players to come onto lists this year .
Last edited by Fred on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Also Fred; Taylor Duryea - Wahgunya Vic. Went to Caulfied Grammar Melb. He's a Victorian.

Should I go on pal ?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred; Isaac Smith - Temora.

Where exactly do you place the Beetson line pal???
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Anyway Fred....all good pal! Can you give us the best AFL team comprising Sydney born and bred players only?

That,d be a beauty!! Ta!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:08 pm
AFL NSW/ACT will have 62 players representing the region during the 2019 Toyota AFL Season.

Including players who have played over 300 games such as Jarryd McVeigh and then newcomers looking to make their debut in 2019 such as Kieren Briggs, players from New South Wales and the ACT will feature in all AFL clubs, except Fremantle and North Melbourne.

The GWS GIANTS remain the club with the highest amount of local players involved, with 13 set to represent the orange and charcoal this year. Though they have been on the GIANTS’ list for a few years now, Zach Sproule and Matt Flynn will also be searching for their senior debut in 2019. The Sydney Swans house the second highest amount of players from the region with ten on their list.

Across the 18 teams, four AFL NSW/ACT players will captain their clubs. Phil Davis, who has Co-Captained the GWS GIANTS since the clubs’ inception has been named to do so again, as has Taylor Walker who will Co-Captain the Adelaide Crows for the fifth year in a row. Jarrod Witts will spend his first year as Co-Captain of the Gold Coast Suns, while Dane Rampe will be one of three Co-Captains at the Sydney Swans.

That’s just from NSW ..... Four captains. 300 plus game players.

I think a combined nsw qld team would be serviceable.
Freddy: Phil Davis lived in Canberra ACT till he was 14. Moved to Adelaide and played first senior games there. His NSW connections are tenuous to non existent. I won't check the others pal.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Because Canberra doesn’t have a senior team, certainly not at 14, what are the SOO rules again?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So in response to angloafl’s post, I think we can agree that a decent side could be put on the field from above the barrassi line.

Doing that for an nrl side combined from Victoria, south Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia would be quite the challenge. In fact.. could they put a team on the field at all this year ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 pm
Because Canberra doesn’t have a senior team, certainly not at 14, what are the SOO rules again?
Canberra don't have senior teams?? Courtesy of the Australian parliament being moved from Melbourne to Canberra in 1927 the ACT has a strong AFL scene.

And SOO rules state the first game played in the respective state after age of 16. If that applied here the bloke would play for SA.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 pm
So in response to angloafl’s post, I think we can agree that a decent side could be put on the field from above the barrassi line.

Doing that for an nrl side combined from Victoria, south Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia would be quite the challenge. In fact.. could they put a team on the field at all this year ?
Probably not Freddy. But the point of this conversation is your proclamations about AFL players above the Beetson line. Please give us the best ever AFL team born and bred in Sydney. It'll be a bewdy!!!!!

And I understand you no longer engage with me. Good move for the obvious reasons. So you don't have to address me just post the team. Thanks mate.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Just turned on the TV. Rugby on Ch 10, NRL on Ch 9 and AFL is on Ch 7s lowest rating channel (7mate).

AFL number 2 in NSW... Pretty comical actually :lol:

You can't even get Channel 7 to play your live games on it's main channel. :cool:
These users liked the author NRL&NFLweLaughATafl for the post:
AngloFootballLeague (Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:18 pm)
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:48 pm
Just turned on the TV. Rugby on Ch 10, NRL on Ch 9 and AFL is on Ch 7s lowest rating channel (7mate).

You can't even get Channel 7 to play your live games on it's main channel. :cool:
Yeah mate, AFL definitely No 4 code in NSW overall. The Swans do very well, but GWS have got nothing apart from the AFL propaganda machine. Rugby and Soccer are both struggling but via the Socceroo's and Wallabies they're both safely in front of the AFL in the great state of NSW.

Them's the fact's folks.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So tell me... on what measure does rugby union or soccer beat Australian Rules week in and week out. At least soccer has good junior numbers. At least afl is shown weekly on FTA. Australian Rules has definitely taken over and don’t you hate it. Ditch does protest a little too much me thinks.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 am)
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:23 pm

So tell me... on what measure does rugby union or soccer beat Australian Rules week in and week out. At least soccer has good junior numbers. At least afl is shown weekly on FTA. Australian Rules has definitely taken over and don’t you hate it. Ditch does protest a little too much me thinks.
Who's Ditch pal???
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 pm

That's great Freddy. Can you please list the team from above the Barassi line. Like anyone, everyone north of Wagga. Thanks pal.