Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

notaleaguefan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:41 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am
Anglofl is a niche pastime north of Beetson line - not widely played or supported. Millions have been poured into keeping gws afloat, while swans benefitted from cola forever. Don't mistake AngloFL investment for interest.
ignore the strong football leagues all up the eastern seaboard :)))
ignore all those players from Sydney, NSW and Queensland that are currently past or present on an AFL list.

and all you have is a stupid league fan with the usual NFI about anything :)))
List a team of nsw players from north of the Beetson. I am sure it won't be competitive. Remember that's the most populated region of Australia. Be smart enough to see past marketing.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

he is prob implying the Murray.. lol i think
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The Bartoosi line or whatever it's called .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

It's a fight club .
& I see nothing wrong with taking the piss out of some afl propaganda mythical line .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:36 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am
Anglofl is a niche pastime north of Beetson line - not widely played or supported. Millions have been poured into keeping gws afloat, while swans benefitted from cola forever. Don't mistake AngloFL investment for interest.
ignore all those players from Sydney, NSW and Queensland that are currently past or present on an AFL list.

List a team of nsw players from north of the Beetson. I am sure it won't be competitive. Remember that's the most populated region of Australia. Be smart enough to see past marketing.
Well there’s been plenty and are plenty including legends of the game. Hird, Paul Kelly, Crawford, Ackerman i won Brownlow medals. I’m sure there are more.

But I’ll have a look at current players ... there would be a decent team from nsw and qld. I’m assuming a beatson line is the Murray River ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFL NSW/ACT will have 62 players representing the region during the 2019 Toyota AFL Season.

Including players who have played over 300 games such as Jarryd McVeigh and then newcomers looking to make their debut in 2019 such as Kieren Briggs, players from New South Wales and the ACT will feature in all AFL clubs, except Fremantle and North Melbourne.

The GWS GIANTS remain the club with the highest amount of local players involved, with 13 set to represent the orange and charcoal this year. Though they have been on the GIANTS’ list for a few years now, Zach Sproule and Matt Flynn will also be searching for their senior debut in 2019. The Sydney Swans house the second highest amount of players from the region with ten on their list.

Across the 18 teams, four AFL NSW/ACT players will captain their clubs. Phil Davis, who has Co-Captained the GWS GIANTS since the clubs’ inception has been named to do so again, as has Taylor Walker who will Co-Captain the Adelaide Crows for the fifth year in a row. Jarrod Witts will spend his first year as Co-Captain of the Gold Coast Suns, while Dane Rampe will be one of three Co-Captains at the Sydney Swans.

That’s just from NSW ..... Four captains. 300 plus game players.

I think a combined nsw qld team would be serviceable.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And this team of the century from NSW

B: Chris Lethbridge (Sydney YMCA/Fitzroy), Leo Barry (Deniliquin/Sydney), Ross Henshaw (North Albury/North Melbourne)
HB: Jarryd McVeigh (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Gordon Strang (East Albury/Richmond), Dennis Carroll (Albury Tigers/Sydney)
C: Shane Crawford (Finley/Hawthorn), Lenny Hayes (Pennant Hills/St Kilda), Neil Davies (Central Broken Hill/Glenelg)
HF: Terry Daniher (Ungarie/Essendon), Wayne Carey (North Wagga/North Melbourne), Luke Breust (Temora/Hawthorn)
F: Paul Kelly (Wagga Tigers/Sydney), Bill Mohr (Wagga Tigers/St Kilda), John Longmire (Corowa-Rutherglen/North Melbourne)
R: Bruce McGregor (West Broken Hill/West Adelaide), Brett Kirk (North Albury/Sydney), Haydn Bunton (West Albury/Fitzroy)
I/C: Mark Maclure (East Sydney/Carlton), Isaac Smith (Wagga Tigers/Hawthorn), Kieren Jack (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Tom Hawkins (Finley/Geelong)

A couple still playing I believe.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm
And this team of the century from NSW

B: Chris Lethbridge (Sydney YMCA/Fitzroy), Leo Barry (Deniliquin/Sydney), Ross Henshaw (North Albury/North Melbourne)
HB: Jarryd McVeigh (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Gordon Strang (East Albury/Richmond), Dennis Carroll (Albury Tigers/Sydney)
C: Shane Crawford (Finley/Hawthorn), Lenny Hayes (Pennant Hills/St Kilda), Neil Davies (Central Broken Hill/Glenelg)
HF: Terry Daniher (Ungarie/Essendon), Wayne Carey (North Wagga/North Melbourne), Luke Breust (Temora/Hawthorn)
F: Paul Kelly (Wagga Tigers/Sydney), Bill Mohr (Wagga Tigers/St Kilda), John Longmire (Corowa-Rutherglen/North Melbourne)
R: Bruce McGregor (West Broken Hill/West Adelaide), Brett Kirk (North Albury/Sydney), Haydn Bunton (West Albury/Fitzroy)
I/C: Mark Maclure (East Sydney/Carlton), Isaac Smith (Wagga Tigers/Hawthorn), Kieren Jack (Pennant Hills/Sydney), Tom Hawkins (Finley/Geelong)

A couple still playing I believe.
Not many players north of riverina or east of broken hill - proves my point.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

That’s the team of the century ? Given afl had only really taken off in the last 20 years with any real substance I think that’s pretty good.

We are now see players coming from Sydney itself more and more.

And having a look there are 5 from there !!! 5 . In the team of the century !!! I’m yet to look at qld but dunstall and reinwaldt are two start ups off the top of my head. So your point is not prove. In any way shape or form.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Ohhh ... the Barassi Line. There’s a pretty good team you’d be able to put on the field from the barrasi line northwards.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:19 pm
Ohhh ... the Barassi Line. There’s a pretty good team you’d be able to put on the field from the barrasi line northwards.
Take out Albury, Canberra and Wagga, and it becomes a little harder, but should still be doable.

Yes but you need to remember Queensland . There’s still plenty of good players to chose from. As I said, off the top of my head... Zorko, Beams, Harbrow, Dixon,
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Here’s a 2018 SoO qld side someone picked. Add in the nsw side players above the Barrassi line and I think it’s a pretty good side

Back: Harris Andrews, Rory Thompson, Jarrod Harbrow, Max Spencer, Joshua Wagner, Jesse Joyce
Mid: Dayne Beams, Dayne Zorko, Corey Maynard, David Armitage, Brad Scheer, Tom Bell, Jack Bowes
Ruck: Tom Hickey, Zac Smith
Fwd: Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Josh Thomas, Charlie Dixon, Alex Sexton, Sam J. Reid, Lachie Keeffe

New South Wales

Back: Dane Rampe, Dougal Howard, Jeremy Finlayson, Jarrad McVeigh, Callum Mills, Matt Suckling, Sam Gilbert, Taylor Duryea
Mid: Isaac Heeney, Isaac Smith, Anthony Miles, Jacob Hopper, Daniel Howe, Kieren Jack, Harry Cunningham
Ruck: Jarrod Witts
Fwd: Tom Hawkins, Taylor Walker, Luke Breust, Todd Marshall, Jacob Townsend, Charlie Spargo
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:04 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:36 am

Well there’s been plenty and are plenty including legends of the game. Hird, Paul Kelly, Crawford, Ackerman i won Brownlow medals. I’m sure there are more.

But I’ll have a look at current players ... there would be a decent team from nsw and qld. I’m assuming a beatson line is the Murray River ?
All these produced before past 20 years of supposed growth, yet nobody to match them since.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:15 pm
Here’s a 2018 SoO qld side someone picked. Add in the nsw side players above the Barrassi line and I think it’s a pretty good side

Back: Harris Andrews, Rory Thompson, Jarrod Harbrow, Max Spencer, Joshua Wagner, Jesse Joyce
Mid: Dayne Beams, Dayne Zorko, Corey Maynard, David Armitage, Brad Scheer, Tom Bell, Jack Bowes
Ruck: Tom Hickey, Zac Smith
Fwd: Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Josh Thomas, Charlie Dixon, Alex Sexton, Sam J. Reid, Lachie Keeffe

New South Wales

Back: Dane Rampe, Dougal Howard, Jeremy Finlayson, Jarrad McVeigh, Callum Mills, Matt Suckling, Sam Gilbert, Taylor Duryea
Mid: Isaac Heeney, Isaac Smith, Anthony Miles, Jacob Hopper, Daniel Howe, Kieren Jack, Harry Cunningham
Ruck: Jarrod Witts
Fwd: Tom Hawkins, Taylor Walker, Luke Breust, Todd Marshall, Jacob Townsend, Charlie Spargo
Umm Freddo: Finlayson -Culcairn. Suckling, Cunnigham - Wagga. Hopper, Townsend - Leeton. Bruest - Temora.

And that's just off the top of my head. Back to the drawing board pal!
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Here's another Freddy boy - Dougal Howard - Wagga. Theres sure to be more.