Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Just lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Terry wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:14 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:10 am

Honestly, Brookvale & Cronulla were bigger. Gws number angloflicized.
Given the long history of NRL number fudging...its far more likely that GWS numbers are just following a proven example, if indeed they are doing anything.

Smaller crowd at a smaller venue is going to look bigger due to viewing perspectives.
Well pal you're wrong again. Brookvale oval record crowd is 27,655. Un-named stadium record crowd is 21,924. Brookvale's capacity is now capped at about 20k. Un-named stadium capacity is 24k. So your 'smaller crowd at a smaller venue' analogy is demonstrably incorrect.

No need to apologise pal. The bubble is a terrible thing!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
You're completely ignoring the perimeter of Giants stadium field is ~100 metres longer than Brookvales.

I can only imagine how much shitter NRL crowds would look if they were spread over an extra 100m of Grand stands.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

SportCapital wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:25 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:14 am

Given the long history of NRL number fudging...its far more likely that GWS numbers are just following a proven example, if indeed they are doing anything.

Smaller crowd at a smaller venue is going to look bigger due to viewing perspectives.
Well pal you're wrong again. Brookvale oval record crowd is 27,655. Un-named stadium record crowd is 21,924. Brookvale's capacity is now capped at about 20k. Un-named stadium capacity is 24k. So your 'smaller crowd at a smaller venue' analogy is demonstrably incorrect.

No need to apologise pal. The bubble is a terrible thing!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
You're completely ignoring the perimeter of Giants stadium field is ~100 metres longer than Brookvales.

I can only imagine how much shitter NRL crowds would look if they were spread over an extra 100m of Grand stands.
Great pal. I can only imagine if you could possibly be any more stupid!!!! You're getting up there with village idiot level lunacy pal.

Anyhow: tell me more about perimeter........it's fascinating pal!!!!!!! I mean.....people everywhere are talking about it!!!!

Dill.....diller.....and dillest!!!!!
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

I didn't think this through too much.
There'd be no need to spread the crowds.
The NRL would just put more banners in the stands.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

SportCapital wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 pm
Pal, you shoulda stopped at 'I didn't think this through". That represents just about everything fumblers say here.

Good luck and all the best for the future!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:21 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:17 pm
SportCapital wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 pm
Pal, you shoulda stopped at 'I didn't think this through". That represents just about everything fumblers say here.

Good luck and all the best for the future!!
mate have a day off or something, your starting to come off a little unhinged
Coming from you pal that is disturbing!!!! I shall consider my position.

Position considered. Na!!!!! You're a dill mate......so I shall continue to annoy you!!!!! I suggest you have a few months off like last year. It appears your preferred mess is tanking again so probably time to hit the hills in reverse gear and the white flag flying.

Take Fred and the others with ya on the way out please!! And don't slam the door!!!!!
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am

That the biggest fixture on Sydney's AngloFL calendar gains so little fanfare, smashes argument of being a top 2 code.
lol no it doesnt.
Soccer participation crushes everybody. Anglofl ratings in NSW are shit. Only thing to hold your hat on are live attendances & now your biggest fixture is failing.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am

That the biggest fixture on Sydney's AngloFL calendar gains so little fanfare, smashes argument of being a top 2 code.
lol no it doesnt.
Soccer participation crushes everybody. Anglofl ratings in NSW are shit. Only thing to hold your hat on are live attendances & now your biggest fixture is failing.
so sokkas participation crushes every other code but has really shit ratings! go figure

the only thing you league loonies have to cling on to are those few k rating boxes. your live attendances are shit whilst the AFL dwarfs the NRLOL in NSW in this area.

you NFI idea in what you are arguing thickshit
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:59 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am

1. No fixture at the showgrounds is ever going to be the biggest. Capacity alone would tell you that even if sold out it still wont match the Swans AVERAGE crowd at the SCG dumbass.
2. Participation means fuck all at the professional level.
3. My hat hangs on attendance, revenue, sponsorship, tv ratings, membership etc etc.

Unlike the NRL, the AFL is more than just a tv show.
1. Derby number at scg well down also.
2. Moving goal posts - just professional now, huh?
3. Anglofl ratings in NSW are shit. Membership numbers rubbish with 2 game deals & counting pets. Swans gain sponsorship because of eyeballs watching them, but majority of eyeballs interstate. Millions spent on gws, revenue can't match that.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

The afl audit membership numbers and pet membership is not counted.

Afl continues to grow in Sydney. Even Leroy cites this from living there that many who followed ru have moved up Australian rules. Comps are springing up where there was none (that’s a simple verifiable fact) and numbers continue to grow. You just have to accept this. Australian Rules has a growing presence in Sydney and is clearly the second most supported and popular code.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:59 pm

1. No fixture at the showgrounds is ever going to be the biggest. Capacity alone would tell you that even if sold out it still wont match the Swans AVERAGE crowd at the SCG dumbass.
2. Participation means fuck all at the professional level.
3. My hat hangs on attendance, revenue, sponsorship, tv ratings, membership etc etc.

Unlike the NRL, the AFL is more than just a tv show.
1. Derby number at scg well down also.
2. Moving goal posts - just professional now, huh?
3. Anglofl ratings in NSW are shit. Membership numbers rubbish with 2 game deals & counting pets. Swans gain sponsorship because of eyeballs watching them, but majority of eyeballs interstate. Millions spent on gws, revenue can't match that.
1. Not that low.
2. Actually Ive said all along that at the professional level the AFL is number 2 - go back and read my friend.
3. Maybe the ratings are shit, but they are still better than soccers ratings in NSW. Membership numbers stand up against everyone elses membership number, sponsors are where you find them in national competitions, and the amount spent on the clubs is irrelevant in this equation.

Do some fucking research you twat.
I did - I went back to original post;
Taking into account all relevant factors such as crowds, membership, sponsorship, tv ratings, media coverage, participation etc, etc, how would you rate and rank the codes in terms of popularity in NSW
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So off all those things, participation is the only thing soccer is better at. As pointed out, all the other areas Australian rules beats soccer.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Anglofl is a niche pastime north of Beetson line - not widely played or supported. Millions have been poured into keeping gws afloat, while swans benefitted from cola forever. Don't mistake AngloFL investment for interest.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am
Anglofl is a niche pastime north of Beetson line - not widely played or supported. Millions have been poured into keeping gws afloat, while swans benefitted from cola forever. Don't mistake AngloFL investment for interest.
ignore the strong football leagues all up the eastern seaboard :)))
ignore all those players from Sydney, NSW and Queensland that are currently past or present on an AFL list.

and all you have is a stupid league fan with the usual NFI about anything :)))
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am
Again, new teams, clubs, leagues and competitions - so it is widely played. Sponsorship, memberships, advertising dollars..... crowds......
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Cats_Steve (Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici