Afl in China - 2019

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Afl in China - 2019

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

China expansion failed to the point Anglofl provincials now deny even trying.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Sydney FC currently playing in China against PSG.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:26 pm
Against who?

Actually nevermind, like most Australians it’s soccer and I couldn’t care less to be honest.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I see Adelaide are sponsored by South China Airlines .... you think this had anything to do with the games there or then just thinking Adelaide would be a good way to get some national exposure?
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Beaussie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:30 pm
Against who?

Actually nevermind, like most Australians it’s soccer and I couldn’t care less to be honest.
In truth rest of world couldn't care about your favorite code. China sure doesn't.
These users liked the author AngloFootballLeague for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:19 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Against who?

And here we have it.......exhibit A a of bubble dwelling fumbling fan lolololololololo!!!!! Strangely enough I don't think most soccer fans around the world could care less about fumbling either.........all 3.5 billion of 'em lolololol!!!!!!!

And to inform your ignorance: PSG is Paris Saint Germain. Ever heard of Paris pal??? Some people even reckon it's better than Collingwood or beautiful downtown Frankston lolololol!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
The insularity of the fumblers is always good for a giggle .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:16 pm
Against who?

And to inform your ignorance: PSG is Paris Saint Germain.
Awesome... how did the game rate Australia wide last night? Any ideas? Did anyone notice?

Soccer... :(/ :(/ :(/
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:20 pm
Lol
Afl fans aren’t the ones claiming that the afl tried to expand if are big in China!

It’s a claim you loons are making up out of that insecurity and jealousy :wave:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:56 am
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:16 pm

Against who?

And to inform your ignorance: PSG is Paris Saint Germain.
Awesome... how did the game rate Australia wide last night? Any ideas? Did anyone notice?

Soccer... :(/ :(/ :(/
Glad I could help beatup. In truth your ignorance is understandable. The bubble is pulled down tight pal. In your case it's impenetrable. It's impossible to educate folk like yourself.

As for soccer.....who cares!!! I'm just pointing out the incontrovertible fact they have international exposure and a team called the Socceroos. The AFL beats 'em on domestic comps but soccer is in front overall.

In any case: welcome back pal. Why the sudden manic activity?? Where ya been?? It's great you've come out from behind the bushes to actually engage.

But where were ya last year pal?? You know.....when your mess was tanking??? What was it?? Too busy??? Hiding??? Cowardice??? Do tell pal.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:25 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:20 pm
Lol
Afl fans aren’t the ones claiming that the afl tried to expand if are big in China!

It’s a claim you loons are making up out of that insecurity and jealousy :wave:
:(/ :(/
Attachments
IMG_8585.JPG
IMG_8585.JPG (39.84 KiB) Viewed 2328 times

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
From a thread Bea started
Would love to see the game take off in China and India. Great to hear the AFL is finally taking China seriously. Baby steps I know, but a good start.

Last dancer says China ripe for AFL expansion
Jared Lynch
January 12, 2012 Read later

THE Chinese market is ripe for the taking by the AFL, according to former star ballet dancer turned stockbroking whiz, Li Cunxin.

Cunxin, of Mao's Last Dancer fame, said the Chinese were fans of all types of sport, but there was no code in China they could proudly call their own. He said his native land was ''a great potential market'' for Australian football, and could create one billion new fans for the code.

''The basketball game is very weak and the standard is very low. Soccer is also very average,'' said Cunxin, who quickly became an AFL convert after he moved to Melbourne 16 years ago.

''If I'm your average Chinese fan, then I think you could have over a billion people following you. There is no reason why China should not be an incredible future market for AFL.''

The AFL is already taking the first steps of an Asian expansion. It plans to filter Chinese athletes into the annual draft combine in coming years.

AFL international development manager Tony Woods said the league would establish an academy in Guangzhou in the country's south by the end of the year. ''We are realists and realise it is bold and ambitious,'' he said.

''We are taking the first steps into tapping into the Chinese market, and I believe absolutely that we will one day have a Chinese-born athlete running around the MCG.''

The AFL, with the Melbourne Football Club and City of Melbourne, has already invested $1.5 million in China, launching a purpose-built oval in Tianjin, northern China, in October.

Cunxin was speaking at the 15th anniversary dinner of the AIS/AFL Academy.

He told the 60 young academy members, many of whom are expected to go on to play AFL, never to lose the drive and passion needed to reach the sport's highest level - even after their playing careers had ended.

He said in the last 3½ years of his dancing career he studied his investment diploma. ''Even though I was passionate and committed about ballet, I was always interested in other things as well. I was fascinated with discovering the stock market, so I went to do some accounting courses to understand it better.

''By the time I was ready to stop dancing I made a very smooth career transition from dancing to finances. I'm a senior manger at one of the largest stockbroking firms in Australia today, so not only was I able to make that career transition smoothly, but also very successfully.

''It took the same discipline, dedication and work ethic from dance - you can apply that to any field.

''That discipline you have today is going to set you up for life.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/last ... z1jBlaLZC3

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:05 am
Lol
From a thread Bea started
Would love to see the game take off in China and India. Great to hear the AFL is finally taking China seriously. Baby steps I know, but a good start.

Last dancer says China ripe for AFL expansion
Jared Lynch
January 12, 2012 Read later

THE Chinese market is ripe for the taking by the AFL, according to former star ballet dancer turned stockbroking whiz, Li Cunxin.

Cunxin, of Mao's Last Dancer fame, said the Chinese were fans of all types of sport, but there was no code in China they could proudly call their own. He said his native land was ''a great potential market'' for Australian football, and could create one billion new fans for the code.

''The basketball game is very weak and the standard is very low. Soccer is also very average,'' said Cunxin, who quickly became an AFL convert after he moved to Melbourne 16 years ago.

''If I'm your average Chinese fan, then I think you could have over a billion people following you. There is no reason why China should not be an incredible future market for AFL.''

The AFL is already taking the first steps of an Asian expansion. It plans to filter Chinese athletes into the annual draft combine in coming years.

AFL international development manager Tony Woods said the league would establish an academy in Guangzhou in the country's south by the end of the year. ''We are realists and realise it is bold and ambitious,'' he said.

''We are taking the first steps into tapping into the Chinese market, and I believe absolutely that we will one day have a Chinese-born athlete running around the MCG.''

The AFL, with the Melbourne Football Club and City of Melbourne, has already invested $1.5 million in China, launching a purpose-built oval in Tianjin, northern China, in October.

Cunxin was speaking at the 15th anniversary dinner of the AIS/AFL Academy.

He told the 60 young academy members, many of whom are expected to go on to play AFL, never to lose the drive and passion needed to reach the sport's highest level - even after their playing careers had ended.

He said in the last 3½ years of his dancing career he studied his investment diploma. ''Even though I was passionate and committed about ballet, I was always interested in other things as well. I was fascinated with discovering the stock market, so I went to do some accounting courses to understand it better.

''By the time I was ready to stop dancing I made a very smooth career transition from dancing to finances. I'm a senior manger at one of the largest stockbroking firms in Australia today, so not only was I able to make that career transition smoothly, but also very successfully.

''It took the same discipline, dedication and work ethic from dance - you can apply that to any field.

''That discipline you have today is going to set you up for life.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/last ... z1jBlaLZC3
Beatup's 'predictions' are up there with his hero Peter FitzWilkinson........lololololol!!!!! Yep......always 100% wrong lololol!!

Remember when he started a thread about NZ AFL? Here's his first sentence:

"Kiwis are going to love our game. Mark my words, next expansion destination along with Tasmania, will be New Zealand" lololololol!!!! Mark my words lolololol!!!!! How did that go?? Yep. Shortly after they were frog marched outta the joint due to total lack of interest lolol!!!!!
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Overseas expansion has failed, hence the creation angloflX. Unfortunately, this version is as unwatchable as the usual stuff.