Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:18 am
just follow the Sydney Swans crowds, they are easy to find.
Melbourne Storm get good crowds too, but I don't assume they're taking over. I look at TV ratings & things like media coverage. Anglofl insulars can't seem to make this connection.



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:01 pm
notaleaguefan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:34 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:08 am
Here in Sydney it's clear rugby still has visable grassroots presence. Anglofl games are harder to find. Participation number of 1.5 million is obviously fake. Being located here it really becomes clear.
The world is bigger than your little football field thickshit
If you look at the data collected by
Erass
Clearinghouse sports
Roy Morgan
Abs
Etc all show afl far more popular than league!
Even when league combine touch and neanderthal caveman version of league!

The numbers that the nrlol seem to come up with is proven :^o :^o :^o :)))
Cricket numbers similar to those boasted by anglofl were exposed this week & that is a national sport & non contact. Figures provided are rubbish, particularly supposed growth - take it from somebody actually in Sydney.

Here’s what you do. Look at the amount of teams, leagues and competitions 10 years ago and compare them to today. As I said, there is a whole new girls/womens competition. At various levels when there was none ... GROWTH


Veni, vidi, vici

User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Quolls2019 »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:05 pm
Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:18 am
just follow the Sydney Swans crowds, they are easy to find.
Melbourne Storm get good crowds too, but I don't assume they're taking over. I look at TV ratings & things like media coverage. Anglofl insulars can't seem to make this connection.
The Storm have good crowds for NRL, not for AFL in Vic.
Their home games are up this year, the away games are way down, suppose there is a reason.
If some Melbourne clubs didn’t play away from home, Storm would be a bit further away.
I don’t think AFL is taking over in Sydney, I still hold the view that the Swans are the most popular football team there.



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Fred »

I don’t think anyone has proclaimed Australian Rules is taking over Sydney. What has been said is there has been growth for Australian Rules in Sydney.


Veni, vidi, vici

User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Quolls2019 »

6144 tonight sharks vs cowboys



notaleaguefan
Banned
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:52 pm
I don’t think anyone has proclaimed Australian Rules is taking over Sydney. What has been said is there has been growth for Australian Rules in Sydney.
Smell the fear from the league folk, the afl is coming to over run their little league :mrgreen:



notaleaguefan
Banned
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by notaleaguefan »

Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 pm
6144 tonight sharks vs cowboys
Wonder what the but but will be!
Soo
Leroy and his bad weather only over the nrlol game theory



AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:44 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:05 pm
Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:18 am
just follow the Sydney Swans crowds, they are easy to find.
Melbourne Storm get good crowds too, but I don't assume they're taking over. I look at TV ratings & things like media coverage. Anglofl insulars can't seem to make this connection.
The Storm have good crowds for NRL, not for AFL in Vic.
Their home games are up this year, the away games are way down, suppose there is a reason.
If some Melbourne clubs didn’t play away from home, Storm would be a bit further away.
I don’t think AFL is taking over in Sydney, I still hold the view that the Swans are the most popular football team there.
Swans get biggest crowds, but looking at TV ratings there is not wide spread support. If you lived in Sydney you would know the Swans are considered the team of elite society. Swans game like the opera; place for rich white people to network & be seen.



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Fred »

Serious question. When you say Swans are team of the elite do you think they (afl) have stepped into the void left by RU.

I also wonder whether this afl v rl thing that we see mainly in the rl states is due to their being a culture of competition between rl and ru over the years as to which is better ‘, bigger etc. with ru no longer really in the race has afl also stepped into that void?
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:13 pm)


Veni, vidi, vici

User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Quolls2019 »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 am
Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:44 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:05 pm


Melbourne Storm get good crowds too, but I don't assume they're taking over. I look at TV ratings & things like media coverage. Anglofl insulars can't seem to make this connection.
The Storm have good crowds for NRL, not for AFL in Vic.
Their home games are up this year, the away games are way down, suppose there is a reason.
If some Melbourne clubs didn’t play away from home, Storm would be a bit further away.
I don’t think AFL is taking over in Sydney, I still hold the view that the Swans are the most popular football team there.


Swans get biggest crowds, but looking at TV ratings there is not wide spread support. If you lived in Sydney you would know the Swans are considered the team of elite society. Swans game like the opera; place for rich white people to network & be seen.
I have been to a couple of swans games in Sydney. I didn’t notice the elite attendance, but I was very surprised by the incredible atmosphere at the game.
Up until that time I thought they had no following at all.
However, I have not been to a game of rugby league anywhere.



AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:20 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 am
Quolls2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:44 pm


The Storm have good crowds for NRL, not for AFL in Vic.
Their home games are up this year, the away games are way down, suppose there is a reason.
If some Melbourne clubs didn’t play away from home, Storm would be a bit further away.
I don’t think AFL is taking over in Sydney, I still hold the view that the Swans are the most popular football team there.


Swans get biggest crowds, but looking at TV ratings there is not wide spread support. If you lived in Sydney you would know the Swans are considered the team of elite society. Swans game like the opera; place for rich white people to network & be seen.
I have been to a couple of swans games in Sydney. I didn’t notice the elite attendance, but I was very surprised by the incredible atmosphere at the game.
Up until that time I thought they had no following at all.
However, I have not been to a game of rugby league anywhere.
You should stop commenting on anglofl in Sydney.



User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Quolls2019 »

Again, isn’t this the point of this forum?



User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Quolls2019 »

Rnd 19 continued

Friday
MCG 78722
McDonalds 21029
ANZ 12318

ALL totals seem a little generous.
Good crowd for MCG since it was pouring most of the day and night.



notaleaguefan
Banned
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by notaleaguefan »

The old magical 12k anz stadium crowd again :lol:



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Fred »

notaleaguefan wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:47 pm
The old magical 12k anz stadium crowd again :lol:
Better get that new one ASAP !!!


Veni, vidi, vici

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests