Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:39 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:27 pm
Yeah, no. Hundreds of players for 5 teams is not happening.
Remember, junior games have less players & can be made up with 12 on 12. But don't let me explain anglofl rules to you.
What the fuck would you know? again, your making assumptions about shit you know nothing about. amd see what happens next time you post ANY article with ANY figures about the NRL in it.

You league folks cite Masters and other league columnists like they are fucking holy writ but as soon as its about the AFL it just cant be fucking true can it.
I'm in Sydney & don't see the growth melbourne media insist is happening. Where are you located?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol this is the test of that article
What a bunch of entitled southern fuckheads .
Trying to ruin another Cricket pitch with their demands
Cricket is probably the true national sport of this country & fumbles is trying to wreck one of our few remaining pitches .

CAts Steve ..this is one of the reasons why people north of the vic border have a disdain for your sport .
The we want this fuck other sports attitude

I doubt you will take that on board .....

The war of codes between the AFL and Cricket Australia is set to continue, with former premiership Lion Jonathan Brown saying the AFL are treated like "second-class citizens" in the northern states.
Both Cricket Australia, as well as Cricket NSW, and the AFL have been at war over the cricket pitches at the SCG.
The AFL have called for the SCG to adopt drop-in wickets, with the SCG Trust, set to look into the merit of bringing in drop-in pitches.
However, Cricket Australia (CA) boss Kevin Roberts rejected the calls for a drop-in wicket, saying that ripping up "arguably the most unique pitch in world cricket" would not be in the interest of cricket, or sports fans in general.
Brown, who played 256 AFL games for Brisbane, claimed that the AFL were not treated as fairly as other sports up in the northern states.
"Look at all the empty stands when the cricket's on and the packed stands when the footy's on," Brown told Fox Footy's On The couch

"AFL is second-class citizens north of the border. That's what it comes back to - it's as simple as that.
"If it was rugby league that was the only winter code sport played on the SCG, I guarantee you there'd be a drop-in wicket."
Former Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy was just as scathing, saying that CA and Cricket NSW did not have much of an argument.
"The best reason so far that I've read against the change is that it's called 'a cricket ground'. Well, how convincing is that," Healy said.
"The Adelaide wicket has already proven that new technology in drop-in wickets can provide an even better surface than the old, so it should not be feared.
"Surely major venues have an obligation to be as multi-purposed as possible, surely all major venues are obligated to provide the safest possible playing field, which from personal experience the hardened centre wicket is not.
"Surely we need a more sophisticated debate than what we've already had."
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am
Cricket is probably the true national sport of this country & fumbles is trying to wreck one of our few remaining pitches .

CAts Steve ..this is one of the reasons why people north of the vic border have a disdain for your sport .

The war of codes between the AFL and Cricket Australia is set to continue, with former premiership Lion Jonathan Brown saying the AFL are treated like "second-class citizens" in the northern states.
Both Cricket Australia, as well as Cricket NSW, and the AFL have been at war over the cricket pitches at the SCG.
The AFL have called for the SCG to adopt drop-in wickets, with the SCG Trust, set to look into the merit of bringing in drop-in pitches.
However, Cricket Australia (CA) boss Kevin Roberts rejected the calls for a drop-in wicket, saying that ripping up "arguably the most unique pitch in world cricket" would not be in the interest of cricket, or sports fans in general.
Brown, who played 256 AFL games for Brisbane, claimed that the AFL were not treated as fairly as other sports up in the northern states.
"Look at all the empty stands when the cricket's on and the packed stands when the footy's on," Brown told Fox Footy's On The couch

"AFL is second-class citizens north of the border. That's what it comes back to - it's as simple as that.
"If it was rugby league that was the only winter code sport played on the SCG, I guarantee you there'd be a drop-in wicket."
Former Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy was just as scathing, saying that CA and Cricket NSW did not have much of an argument.
"The best reason so far that I've read against the change is that it's called 'a cricket ground'. Well, how convincing is that," Healy said.
"The Adelaide wicket has already proven that new technology in drop-in wickets can provide an even better surface than the old, so it should not be feared.
"Surely major venues have an obligation to be as multi-purposed as possible, surely all major venues are obligated to provide the safest possible playing field, which from personal experience the hardened centre wicket is not.
MCG at risk of losing boxing day test on account of drop in wicket. I've never heard anybody who knows about cricket declare Adelaide wicket better - pink ball creates action otherwise wicket is life less.
Anglofl should build their own grounds. Get coteries to pay for them.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 am
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:39 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:27 pm
Yeah, no. Hundreds of players for 5 teams is not happening.
Remember, junior games have less players & can be made up with 12 on 12. But don't let me explain anglofl rules to you.
What the fuck would you know? again, your making assumptions about shit you know nothing about. amd see what happens next time you post ANY article with ANY figures about the NRL in it.

You league folks cite Masters and other league columnists like they are fucking holy writ but as soon as its about the AFL it just cant be fucking true can it.
I'm in Sydney & don't see the growth melbourne media insist is happening. Where are you located?

Gold Coast.. Australian rules is quite large here at grass roots.

It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks ... the facts are there is a growth in playing numbers, clubs, games played, school comps. That is just a fact. It doesn’t mean rl is bad or anything else it just shows growth. The women’s comps alone are proof of this. Where there were none there are now some. That’s is the very definition of growth that you deny.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

I don't see any change. The fact you've only been able to highlight the creation of 5 small junior teams proves my point. I wonder if any of these will fold as season goes along?
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Not sure why you'd doubt me taking this on board crapper. I'm a cricket fan and don't want drop in's at the SCG or in Perth.

You're in lala land if you think it's just 'entitled southern fuckheads', like the NRL wouldn't put pressure on shared venues themselves if they had a similar issue.

You think the AFL as a competition and business should just go "yeah nah fair enough those 5 days are more important because cricket is more national." ?
Disagree with that do you?

Bitter again that the AFL tries to have any say at all in your states.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Cats_Steve wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Not sure why you'd doubt me taking this on board crapper. I'm a cricket fan and don't want drop in's at the SCG or in Perth.

You're in lala land if you think it's just 'entitled southern fuckheads', like the NRL wouldn't put pressure on shared venues themselves if they had a similar issue.

You think the AFL as a competition and business should just go "yeah nah fair enough those 5 days are more important because cricket is more national." ?
Disagree with that do you?

Bitter again that the AFL tries to have any say at all in your states.
You think cricket is only played at the SCG for 5 days per year pal??? Try 24 at least for 2018/19 V Swans 11 for 2019 season. Plus the revenue from the 1 test match + BBL home games alone easily beats Swans total revenue.

Hope that helps.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

CS .
You have an avatar that says something about hate for AFL from northern folk .
I gave you an example of why .
The entitled screeching of the afl ..& afl media is excatly why tHere is so much hate as you call it
Next up ..your laughable deflective assumption .

The Good RL folk of Sydney have played RL at the SCG for about 100 years .
We have learnt to share grounds with sokka RU & cricket .
No demands like the entitled Victorian arseholes .
No wanting to ruin the major tenants historical pitch .

So please don't use the deflective RL would do it to bullshit .because it's just that ....
These users liked the author AFLcrap1 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:39 am)

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

You think cricket is only played at the SCG for 5 days per year pal??? Try 24 at least for 2018/19 V Swans 11 for 2019 season. Plus
You sure about this 24 days of cricket at the scg this year thing
2018/19 season.....A test, ODI's, T20's, BBL, Sheffield Shield. Dependent on days played in test and Sheffield Shield.....yep.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm
CS .
The entitled screeching of the afl ..& afl media is excatly why tHere is so much hate as you call it

So please don't use the deflective RL would do it to bullshit .because it's just that ....
The hate comes from the league fans who suffer a large inferiority complex and are scared see their pathetic game as superior & everything non league as a threat

You haven’t learnt to share grounds, you just stamp your feet and sell games for a buck
The tax payer flips the bill for the club home grounds and whilst the clubs and league still demands for stadium and club ground up grades

Something no other code has
The afl has well out grown club grounds and plays in stadiums something all states only have one or two
Of

The nrlol plays in club grounds something that there is more than enough of
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 pm
I don't see any change. The fact you've only been able to highlight the creation of 5 small junior teams proves my point. I wonder if any of these will fold as season goes along?

That was just one example ... I have posted several. It illustrates the point that afl is growing. The new competitions, the amount of women now playing ... all growth. It’s not a slight or threat to rl ... it just is a fact and nothing to be scarred of.
Veni, vidi, vici
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

CS .
The entitled screeching of the afl ..& afl media is excatly why tHere is so much hate as you call it.
Didn't question that.
lol

Yep, was definitely an assumption. Seemed reasonable I thought. The 'deflect' call, though, seems so ingrained in you now that you've forgotten when to apply it.
I don't know what sort of effect the traditional wicket can have on a RL match, but it can absolutely fuck an AFL game. It doesn't seem unreasonable in the slightest that the AFL would request drop-in pitches when the only real issue is the Test Match.
I hope they don't get it.
You'll have to save your petulant baiting for your buddy if you want a proper bite.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& the simple fact remains that the swans are playing at a Cricket ground .
Cricket is first & foremost the important sport
Yet fumbles wants to ruin a great pitch to please themselves .
If they think there was disdain or hostility towards the southern abortion of a sport let them keep pushing for the drop in .
Lol they will see plenty more

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 pm
CS .

The hate comes from the league fans who suffer a large inferiority complex and are scared see their pathetic game as superior & everything non league as a threat

You haven’t learnt to share grounds, you just stamp your feet and sell games for a buck
The tax payer flips the bill for the club home grounds and whilst the clubs and league still demands for stadium and club ground up grades

Something no other code has
The afl has well out grown club grounds and plays in stadiums something all states only have one or two
Of

The nrlol plays in club grounds something that there is more than enough of
Here we go another rant full of absolute shit
I posted we share grounds .
You then say we havnt .
A straight out lie .
Latest stadium BW.. used by RL Sokka Ru
Same with aami
Suncorp
You need help
You're a compulsive liar ..
Then onto the well used tax payer rant .
Same shit over & over .
You ignore th billions of tax payer $$ used for afl stadia .
Wookie was right .
You're a peanut

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm

You sure about this 24 days of cricket at the scg this year thing
2018/19 season.....A test, ODI's, T20's, BBL, Sheffield Shield. Dependent on days played in test and Sheffield Shield.....yep.
In the 2017-18 reporting period they had 11 days of Internationals/BBL/WBBL cricket plus 2 sheffield shield matches. This gives them no more than 19 days play. The two shield matches took up 8 days and had a total attendance of under 4,000. But Im sure that made them a tonne of money.

Last season had 12 AFL matches at the SCG - 11 and a final.
Pal, I clearly stated 2018/19. Please read more carefully. There were 24 days scheduled. I was replying to your fumbling mate who mentioned only 5 days of cricket. Clearly he's a dill.

In any case we've had this discussion. The main point is that, "The clear majority of revenue, comes from cricket and cricket-related membership". Rodney Cavalier former SCG trust chairman.

You're a partisan fumbling fanboy that cannot and will not see outside the bubble.

Hope this helps.