GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:09 am
notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:39 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:20 pm
having lived on the Gold Coast now for the past 2 months full time.

I do notice a difference in regards to sydney..

there are more AFL clubs here and the occasion ground you see..

but to me.. it still feels like a very solid Rugby league area.

they are crying out for a successful Gold Coast Titans team that is for sure..
Unless you have proof g&gf
The same can be said with the titans both teams were established a few years with in each other so many people will have pre existing teams that they would have already followed!

Up in North Queensland is the same plenty of people wearing Melbourne and Sydney based teams from afl and nrlll merchandise
Proof or get fucked .
Lol
It's a lie as usual
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Calling your buddy Leroy a liars now 🚽

He might be in tears with that assumption!

Like usual you struggle to keep up :)))
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Are you really that stupid?
I bolded your statement
& somehow that's calling Leeroy a liar .
You need help
Serious help
You fail to comprehend the simplest sentence

So once again .
Please show proof of what you posted or GTFO
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Gee Wiz

lol
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:48 pm
Have the number of grassroots clubs grown? I believe that was just 1 KPI.

30 million in one year - not that I don't believe you but where is that figure from?
There growing at a similar rate to the growth shown at Birchgrove Oval did..
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:56 pm
23.5 from AngloFL reported
2.5 from AngloFL hidden
2 losses
2+ AngloFL paying for stadium naming rights
ok.
23.5 from AngloFL reported
GWS reports indicate $25.68 million in AFL money and Gate reciepts.
AFL reports indicate $22.79 million in distributions and a further $1.89 in other funding (this would be for promotion, AFLW, travel and such). Total AFL funding reported at 24.68m

Its also entitled to $11 million of that through the leagues base distribution. Just as NRL clubs get a distribution from the league. The additional spend is less than $15 million. Not $30 million.
2.5 from AngloFL hidden
hidden where?
2+ AngloFL paying for stadium naming rights
Everything Ive read says the clubs coterie members paid for the rights. Not the AFL.
Reported 23.5, hidden 2.5, lost 2;
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theage ... 51845.html

Multiple million dollar naming rights deal funded by mystery fan group ie. Anglofl
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:42 pm
If its in the annual report, its not hidden. Anyone can get a copy if you pay 40 bucks for it.
Multiple million dollar naming rights deal funded by mystery fan group ie. Anglofl
the article link you posted also notes that the stadium rights have been purchased by private benefactors. Ive not seen anywhere where the AFL paid for this.

and its still nowhere near 30 million.
Payments uncovered by SMH. Anglofl hadn't revealed them. Read article.
Who are the private benefactors? Why haven't they come foward? There's little reason not to - unless it's Anglofl.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:44 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:42 pm
If its in the annual report, its not hidden. Anyone can get a copy if you pay 40 bucks for it.
the article link you posted also notes that the stadium rights have been purchased by private benefactors. Ive not seen anywhere where the AFL paid for this.

and its still nowhere near 30 million.
Who are the private benefactors? Why haven't they come foward? There's little reason not to - unless it's Anglofl.
Isn’t the smh an unreliable source according to you loons when it comes to anything negative nrlol related

Plus the annual report that legal financial document that is given to asic every year buy a business or organisation

But keep digging thickshit
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:44 pm

the payments werent "uncovered". Read the article yourself - the documents were obtained from ASIC - where anyone can buy the damn annual report, hell i made it available for download the day it was released. They were simply reported - no one else bothered to or didnt read the back details of the annual report. Its a statutary requirement of the financial report to report them.

Private benefactors want to remain private sometimes. Youve got not a shred of evidence to support anything otherwise.
t

I think you could fairly say the payments were uncovered once ASIC documents were obtained and examined. The figures weren't revealed by the club or AFL before the 'examination'.

Obviously they don't want to give out negative news. The information must however be included in the ASIC documents by law hence they were obtained & examined to find out the true state of affairs.

The naming of the stadium is a very strange one though. The reason Companies and businesses get naming rights is for promotion, advertising and other benefits. Basically to get their name out there in the market place.

Why 'private benefactors' would plough money into the money pit that is GWS without any recognition almost beggars belief. It's no wonder people are asking questions.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

23 million figure listed on sports industry site & every where else funding is discussed. Only Age/SMH picked up on additional payments.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:37 am
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 am
I think you could fairly say the payments were uncovered once ASIC documents were obtained and examined. The figures weren't revealed by the club or AFL before the 'examination'.

Obviously they don't want to give out negative news. The information must however be included in the ASIC documents by law hence they were obtained & examined to find out the true state of affairs.
That still doesnt make them hidden. Anyone with 40 bucks can buy the information. I do every year.
The naming of the stadium is a very strange one though. The reason Companies and businesses get naming rights is for promotion, advertising and other benefits. Basically to get their name out there in the market place.

Why 'private benefactors' would plough money into the money pit that is GWS without any recognition almost beggars belief. It's no wonder people are asking questions.
private benefactors plough money into clubs all the time that goes in as donations or membership purchases and is undisclosed to the public.
The fact they're undisclosed to the public makes your opinion just that......opinion.......and speculation.

And in the case of the naming rights the suspicion is going to be that the Giants couldn't get a naming rights partner so to save embarrassment Tony Shepherd & others concocted some spurious 'deal'. Until and unless the deal is revealed that suspicion will remain valid.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:21 pm
Any public person is able to buy the repoort from ASIC - clubs are only obliged to release them to members upon request. They arent hidden. Ive been buying them for years. Its not that they werent undislosed, its that nobody bothered to read the information and report on it - theres literally no obligation to announce every detail of your finances in a public statement. Thats not an opinion. Thats fact, and utterly no speculation is involved.

In the case of the naming rights, it wouldnt matter to you lot who GWS said it was anyway. Youd still jump at shadows.
We're not jumping at shadows pal. The naming rights is effectively a secret deal. Spotless did not renew after 2018. No doubt they then went to the market and after a while they took it off the market.

The suspicion would be they had little or no interest at least at the price they wanted. I mean why would they take it off the market if they had a Etihad, Westpac, Qantas or some other corporate heavyweight lined up? It's nonsensical.

The obvious conclusion is they couldn't sell the rights and scrambled to save face.

If they come out from behind their secret cave and give a reasonable story that proves me wrong I will attend back to back Giants games dressed as Izzy Folau!!!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 pm

We're not jumping at shadows pal. The naming rights is effectively a secret deal. Spotless did not renew after 2018. No doubt they then went to the market and after a while they took it off the market.

The suspicion would be they had little or no interest at least at the price they wanted. I mean why would they take it off the market if they had a Etihad, Westpac, Qantas or some other corporate heavyweight lined up? It's nonsensical.

The obvious conclusion is they couldn't sell the rights and scrambled to save face.

If they come out from behind their secret cave and give a reasonable story that proves me wrong I will attend back to back Giants games dressed as Izzy Folau!!!!!!!!
zero evidence. jumping at shadows.

Coteries hand over cash to clubs all the time in the AFL without being revealed. Its not out of the realm of possibility and until theres some evidence otherwise.....you're full of shit.
Hahahahahahahhasahahah!!!!!!
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 pm

zero evidence. jumping at shadows.

Coteries hand over cash to clubs all the time in the AFL without being revealed. Its not out of the realm of possibility and until theres some evidence otherwise.....you're full of shit.
For Collingwood or Richmond maybe, not the least established & lowest supported club to the tune of + 2 million.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Again, you assume.

They have significant business support
I thought it was a fan group?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Jonathan Brown calls for AFL to stand up, seriously assist ‘worse than state league’ Gold Coast Suns

Among the ideas suggested by Brown included handing the Suns the first three picks in the draft, an extra $1 million in salary cap space, or the entire Northern Territory as a zone allocated exclusively to them

So we are gonna give them the first three draft picks. Why don’t you give them all of NT as a zone. Why don’t you extend the rookie contracts to three or four years. Why don’t you give them an extra million dollars in the salary cap to make it a viable option.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2 ... a4dd0cd2b0