AngloFL failed global expansion.. next destination

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: AngloFL failed global expansion.. next destination

Post by Quolls2019 »

The Indian super league is a good example of what I was say, and in the country I was suggesting.
Originally not a popular sport but money and organisation succeeded. Still money there, and cricket grounds which are mainly profit driven.
Don’t think it will or should happen for reasons stated before, but if the AFL is intent on international expansion that is a place to try.
Soccer in the USA took several attempts to establish, MLs is doing so well now the top salaries are pretty darn good for a minor sport:

Top 10 highest-paid players in MLS in 2019

Player Team Pos. Base Salary Compensation
Zlatan Ibrahimovic LA Galaxy F $7,200,000.00 $7,200,000.00
Giovani dos Santos MLS F $4,750,000.00 $6,500,000.00
Michael Bradley Toronto FC M $6,000,000 $6,428,571.00
Jozy Altidore Toronto FC F $4,891,250.00 $6,332,250.00
Carlos Vela LAFC M-F $4,500,000.00 $6,300,000.00
Bastian Schwinsteiger Chicago Fire M $5,600,000.00 $5,600,000.00
Ignacio Pilatti Montreal Impact M-F $530,000.00 $5,600,000.00
Alejandro Pozuelo Melero Toronto FC M-F $3,800,000.00 $3,800,000.00
Wayne Rooney DC United F $3,500,000.00 $3,507,500.00
Josef Martinez Atlanta United F $3,000,000.00 $3,058,333.00

Compensation is salary plus extras like sign on fees averaged over the length of the contract.
Not bad for a minor sport
,expansion can happen but do we want it to.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol a pro or semi pro league ..just one outside Aust would be an indication of some international interest .
As yet
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 pm
The Indian super league is a good example of what I was say, and in the country I was suggesting.
Originally not a popular sport but money and organisation succeeded. Still money there, and cricket grounds which are mainly profit driven.
Don’t think it will or should happen for reasons stated before, but if the AFL is intent on international expansion that is a place to try.
Soccer in the USA took several attempts to establish, MLs is doing so well now the top salaries are pretty darn good for a minor sport:

Top 10 highest-paid players in MLS in 2019

Player Team Pos. Base Salary Compensation
Zlatan Ibrahimovic LA Galaxy F $7,200,000.00 $7,200,000.00
Giovani dos Santos MLS F $4,750,000.00 $6,500,000.00
Michael Bradley Toronto FC M $6,000,000 $6,428,571.00
Jozy Altidore Toronto FC F $4,891,250.00 $6,332,250.00
Carlos Vela LAFC M-F $4,500,000.00 $6,300,000.00
Bastian Schwinsteiger Chicago Fire M $5,600,000.00 $5,600,000.00
Ignacio Pilatti Montreal Impact M-F $530,000.00 $5,600,000.00
Alejandro Pozuelo Melero Toronto FC M-F $3,800,000.00 $3,800,000.00
Wayne Rooney DC United F $3,500,000.00 $3,507,500.00
Josef Martinez Atlanta United F $3,000,000.00 $3,058,333.00

Compensation is salary plus extras like sign on fees averaged over the length of the contract.
Not bad for a minor sport
,expansion can happen but do we want it to.
People actually play soccer in those countries. Many follow World Cup & champions league. AngloFL's profile overseas is non existent.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Nauru
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:37 pm
1. India has no cultural connection to AngloFL. Australians of Indian extraction show no interest.
2. Beaten to punch by soccer which has seen recent boast by creation of Indian super league.
3. Overseas expansion of AngloFL has always failed.
How many times thickshit the afl has never tried to expand over seas! Just played one off exibitition games here and there

Afl isn’t like league where it has the union connection! Except league is for the simple dialect stupid union fans!

Union dates back centuries ago to Europe!
The fact that league is still so minnow and amateur on the world stage and is only pretty much popular or played where union is only goes to show what a joke league is internationally! And it’s stupid fans base who claims this

Afl fans do not try and claim that afl is big or popular over seas as it hasn’t really had a chance to be shown off to the world except from a few games and highlights packages from the internet that has only become accessible to most parts of the world in the past 20 years
Villagers.....please save us from this idiot!!!!! He's yours.....we don't want him!!!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

The origin of football in India can be traced back to mid-nineteenth century when the game was introduced by British soldiers. Initially, games were played between army teams. However, clubs were soon set up around the country. Calcutta FC was the first club to be established in 1872, though reports suggest that they were initially a rugby club and switched their attentions to football as late as 1894.

The Indian Football Association (IFA) was established in Calcutta in 1893, but did not have a single Indian on its board until the 1930s. The All India Football Federation, which runs the game in India, was formed in 1937, but took more than a decade to get affiliated with FIFA. India also insisted on playing barefoot when other nations were putting their boots on and the game was changing fast.
India qualified by default for the 1950 FIFA World Cup as a result of the withdrawal of all of their scheduled opponents. But lack of financial assistance to purchase tickets including the prospects of a very long sea journey meant that the team never made it to Brazil. FIFA imposed a rule banning barefoot play following 1948 Olympics where India had played barefoot.

1951–1962 is usually considered as "golden phase" of Indian football.

The semi professional I-League was founded in 2006 after India's former top league the National Football League disbanded.

The Indian Super League, a fully professional competition, was founded in 2013 in an effort to make football a top sport in India and to make Indian football a major player worldwide. The league operates along the lines of the Twenty20 cricket Indian Premier League, and Major League Soccer of the United States. Unlike the vast majority of football leagues around the world, the ISL does not use the promotion and relegation system. Instead, it uses an American style franchise system in which eight initial teams were specifically created to participate in the league. Two further sides were added later.

At first, it was announced that bidding for the eight Indian Super League teams would be complete before the end of 2013 and that there was already high interest from big corporations, Indian Premier League teams, Bollywood stars, and other consortiums. Bidders needed to comply with financial requirements but they would also needed to provide 'grassroots' development plans for football within their representative area.

Each team is allowed 7 foreigners on roster and 5 on the pitch at one time.

During the first three seasons of the Indian Super League, attendances across the competition had exceeded expectations of pundits and of the domestic I-League, however the initial success has not been maintained.

The league expanded by 2 teams for 17-18 and increased games played
Season————Total gate——-Games———Average
2014———. 1,395,406———- 55———- 25,371
2015 ——. 1,477,003 —-55 ——- 27,111
2016 —. 1,127,623 —-56 —————21,003
2017–18 ——1,302,473 —-88 ———- 14,801
2018-19 —1,049,674 - 81 —- — 12,959

Although I never proposed an Australian Rules expansion into India, and they do have a small league there, I did suggest that if the AFL was intent on expanding that is the place to go.
On examining the above figures, I have formed the opinion that they may be more of a rugby league country.

Note: reported attendance figures vary greatly, I have used organisational numbers instead of club, stadium or press figures
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

AFL India :(/ :(/

Can I laugh in your face. :lol: :lol: =D =D
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

The game is not AFL, it is Australian rules. The AFL is, 1. The top league playing Australian Rules. 2. The controlling body of Australian Rules Football.
The elite players play Australian Rules in The AFL, all other players play Australian Rules in their own league or association.
I will admit that the AFL seems to be promoting AFL as the code, but it isn’t so.
Rugby players don’t play NRL or Super Rugby, they play either League or Union.
Soccer Players don’t A-league the play soccer. Elite players play in the elite leagues the others don’t.
India does have a very limited Australian Rules League but it is very Basic and tiny.
I don’t think that the exhibition games the AFL have put on could be considered a expansion attempts, if they were they were half hearted at best.
A true expansion attempt would be what the NFL tried in Europe, worked well.
And as I have stated elsewhere in this forum, I believe that a successful, money backed overseas expansion could prove disastrous for Australian Rules in Australia.
It is expanding very nicely in Australia. A larger international TV audience would be nice, but otherwise the AFL is going along quite nicely.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Peak Anglofl delusion. Almost everybody in the world knows soccer. A mere fraction of a percent know Anglofl. That's why the Indian Super League is possible. Any attempt to expand to India will fail like China.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Peak Anglofl delusion. Almost everybody in the world knows soccer. A mere fraction of a percent know Anglofl. That's why the Indian Super League is possible. Any attempt to expand to India will fail like China.
Fuck you're a moron. A new winner.
"If you say it enough it must be true!!!"
There's been no expansion attempt to China and obviously everyone knows soccer the world over.
You talk such bullshit so you can try argue a point no-one made.
Checked the Indian sporting landscape recently have you,?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Cats_Steve wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:24 pm
There's been no expansion attempt to China and obviously everyone knows soccer the world over.
I don't need to know anything about sport in India to know Anglofl will fail there. Comments here about potential there is embarrassing & show nothing was learnt from failures in NZ, South Africa, China, Western Sydney....
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Makes sense I guess.

You clearly know nothing about Australian Football either yet you're happy to make dipshit, incorrect statements.

Does it make you feel warm and happy thinking AFL tried to expand to NZ, China and South Africa, regardless of the fact they didn't?

This is not a win for you.

Your pathetic excuse for a thread is based on your own fictional thinking.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

No expansion attempt to China pal???? Check out this article!!

https://au.linkedin.com/jobs/view/head- ... -873070626

The AFL are advertising for a Head of China AFL for an office in Shanghai. Here is a part of their advertised job description:

"Reporting to the General Manager China & India, Head of Audiences, Products & Innovation, this role will lead both the strategic and commercial efforts around the AFL’s expansioninto China."

So, they're setting up an office in China. With the stated aim of ummmm .....expansion lolololol!!!!! Sure sounds like they're trying to ummmmmm........expand into China to me pal!!!!
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:49 pm

The AFL are advertising for a Head of China AFL for an office in Shanghai. Here is a part of their advertised job description:

"Reporting to the General Manager China & India, Head of Audiences, Products & Innovation, this role will lead both the strategic and commercial efforts around the AFL’s expansioninto China."

So, they're setting up an office in China. With the stated aim of ummmm .....expansion lolololol!!!!! Sure sounds like they're trying to ummmmmm........expand into China to me pal!!!!
Yep, lots of literature & press releases from AngloFL & teams stating the intention to grow game outside Australia. Just failed that is all.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:49 pm

I know you lot mean International teams when you use 'expansion'.
Not just trying to build interest.

Did you actually read that whole article?

-Further develop and execute the AFL’s China strategy to ensure AFL growth in relevance and audience for the people with Chinese descent living in Australia

-Secure and expand broadcast audience, primarily in China to grow the audience and commercial returns

-Develop and establish a commercial plan that delivers revenue objectives for the annual Shanghai game and also non game revenue

-Identify potential partners, build relationships and develop specific propositions to match their objectives

-Work with the Port Adelaide commercial team and China game project team to develop new assets to commercialise

-Lead the China relevant Australian government discussions across federal and state governments

-Lead the AFL discussions with the Central, Shanghai and Yangpu governments in China

Nothing about players or expanding the comp.

Using Bigger text to repeat yourself doesn't validate your point.