Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 am
It is definitely part of the ARLC season. All our matches are scheduled around it, all our best players are involved in it. And fan and media attention are squarely centred around it during this period.

Fred you seem to be of the belief that because the AFL only has a club competition in its season everyone else should. Yet you refuse to recognise the 6 or 7 million ratings the Warriors bring into the NRL's club competition each year [-( .
Scheduling doesnt make it part of the Premiership season. Tests are scheduled, rep fixtures are scheduled around it too.

I recognise that NZ has ratings for the NRL, Ill acknowledge what they are when they are actually available.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:53 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:01 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:21 pm previous post only included the premiership season and origin.
This included everything - presason, rep fixtures, premiership season, womens origin, aflw.
Can you please tell me the exact number of games for each code you used in your latest analysis Wookie??

Thank you in anticipation.
can you collate and do them yourself.

Thanks
But this is what you do Wookie. It is your raison d'etre. You seem to be dragging numbers from anywhere & everywhere all of a sudden. Dare I say it seems to be favouring your pet sport. So it is imperative that the number of games you are pulling these numbers from is known. And only you know what that is. Then we can work out a true average on the numbers you have lately produced.

Also: Why aren't you adding NZ RL numbers? And lets not get into the facile argument 'this is about ratings in Australia.' It is also about ratings for elite competitions & the home markets of their competing clubs.

Thanks pal!!!!


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

I’m happy just to compare nrl and afl premiership seasons. I thought people wanted cumulative ratings rather than average ? Wasn’t this the whole discussion a while back? With rl folk wanting cumulative ... which they won last year?

Didn’t we have a table that also that segregated the ratings into nrl and afl premiership season and then all rl and Aussie Rules?

Is the purpose of using rating to state which is the more popular code in Australia ... if so nz ratings would not be required. But if the purpose is which code gets the most ratings across both countries, then by all means count them.

I think just keeping it simple ... which I agree is not so straight forward. The really only measure that isn’t confounded are possibly the finals as very similar in many ways. Of course this favours afl so can’t see that be acceptable. Just that all the other ways are so compromised.


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 am all the ratings are real - you want to call it the most watched sport and include events not in the premiership season, "league is more than just the premiership season" - the same applies to the AFL.

Its like when league folks bitched about regionals, apparently forgetting that the AFL had them too - and in a fair enough quantity that the overall picture was closer than they believed.
Origin IS in the premiership season . And is in fact a central part of our season as are the Warriors and the 6 or 7 million ratings they provide the NRL/ARLC with each year.

While it may be fair enough that the vast majority of the Warriors ratings aren't counted. I do think our match Average should reflect this. It's 7.5 matches each round not 8!


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:11 pm I’m happy just to compare nrl and afl premiership seasons. I thought people wanted cumulative ratings rather than average ? Wasn’t this the whole discussion a while back? With rl folk wanting cumulative ... which they won last year?

Didn’t we have a table that also that segregated the ratings into nrl and afl premiership season and then all rl and Aussie Rules?

Is the purpose of using rating to state which is the more popular code in Australia ... if so nz ratings would not be required. But if the purpose is which code gets the most ratings across both countries, then by all means count them.

I think just keeping it simple ... which I agree is not so straight forward. The really only measure that isn’t confounded are possibly the finals as very similar in many ways. Of course this favours afl so can’t see that be acceptable. Just that all the other ways are so compromised.
I dunno know Freddy, this is why this site is so tiresome. Do we need to get into the goldfish bowl again. This has been explained over and over and over!!!!!!

RL folk want whats fair and equitable. The way Wookie did it previously was very good with his graphs etc. I believe he is now unable to do those due to legal reasons. Everyone could add in or strike out whatever thay wanted......you know......like you struck out as much RL as you could and folk laughed!!!

In the past couple of weeks he seems to be grabbing numbers from anywhere......except NZ.

As I have repeatedly stated......like over and over and over. The best way is to compare the elite levels of both sports. The levels that generate revenue. That's AFL domestic comp V NRL domestic comp + SOO & limited internationals.

Seal the number of games at the number of AFL H&A games as they have more than the NRL comp. That means adding in 3 SOO & I believe about 3/4 internationals. Whatever equals total AFL games.

And voila......we compare the exact number of games at the elite levels of the respective codes.

So there ya have it!!!! Hopefully you'll remember this into the future!!


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

I see what you are saying but don’t agree in adding soo and internationals .... yes this would suit you in your claims agree but adding in 3 soo games that are marquee events and not part of the nrl season is adding in 3 massive outliers. This obviously skews (and it is a skew) the results. You could just as easily remove the extra number of afl games played but don’t thi k that is the answer either.

I think Wookie is adding all Aussie Rules and all rl in comparing codes. So not picking and choosing what to add ... just what it on tv for each code.

Agree, we can go over and over this ...as we do and I don’t think anyone will be satisfied unless the results favour their code. One minute it is cumulative, next it’s averages, include soo but don’t include other games, include all games. What’s that saying about statistics .... lies lies and damned statistics . Or something like that . Anyway good chat.
Last edited by Fred on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:53 pm I see what you are saying but don’t agree in adding soo and internationals .... yes this would suit you in your claims agree but adding in 3 soo games that are marquee events and not part of the nrl season is adding in 3 massive outliers. This obviously skews (and it is a skew) the results. You could just as easily remove the extra number of afl games played but don’t thi k that is the answer either.

I think Wookie is adding all Aussie Rules and all rl in comparing codes. So not picking and choosing what to add ... just what it on tv for each code.

Agree, we can go over and over this ...as we do and I don’t think anyone will be satisfied unless the results favour their code. One minute it is cumulative, next it’s averages, include soo but don’t include other games, include all games. What’s that saying about statistics .... lies lies and damned statistics . Or something like that .
Pal, it's never been one minute this ......another minute something else for RL folk.

It is of course noted that when the AFL numbers tanked last year the AFL folk, yourself included, left the battle field. Were not heard from. You know.......hid in the jungle. You and others returned once the numbers somewhat recovered.

That in itself speaks volumes about fumble fans here. They'll only listen to what suits their bias. And when the facts prove otherwise they just disappear.......vacate the space.....run for their lives.

I'll guarantee that if the AFL gets more legitimate ratings this year I will still be here. And I will acknowledge the achievement. Something fumbling folk are totally unable to do!!!


User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:38 pm I dunno know Freddy, this is why this site is so tiresome. Do we need to get into the goldfish bowl again. This has been explained over and over and over!!!!!!
yes it has. And you lot are no better at understanding it apparently because every fucking season its the same.
RL folk want whats fair and equitable.
No they dont. They want the figures that suit them. And then call it "the most watched sport". Not most watched competition. Not most watched league. Most watched sport.
The way Wookie did it previously was very good with his graphs etc. I believe he is now unable to do those due to legal reasons. Everyone could add in or strike out whatever thay wanted......you know......like you struck out as much RL as you could and folk laughed!!!
There are indeed legal reasons why i cant produce them. I have produced the data in text format periodically, although i try to not include the same data in every blackbox article i submit.
In the past couple of weeks he seems to be grabbing numbers from anywhere......except NZ.
Im getting the data direct from 7, 9 and Oztam as I have all season. My source material has never been this good before. Amazing what actually writing for a media group gets you.

Get this through your thick head. There is NO data - zero, zilch, nada - for New Zealand and hasnt been since 2014. All we are told is vague percentage increases, and if i ever get the time and inclination, Ill go back and see if i can get an estimate even remotely close to being accurate.
As I have repeatedly stated......like over and over and over. The best way is to compare the elite levels of both sports. The levels that generate revenue. That's AFL domestic comp V NRL domestic comp + SOO & limited internationals.
The AFLs media deals includes AFLX, the JLT series and AFLW. Just the same as the NRL deal includes the Allstars, Charity Shield and other preseason fixtures.
Seal the number of games at the number of AFL H&A games as they have more than the NRL comp. That means adding in 3 SOO & I believe about 3/4 internationals. Whatever equals total AFL games.
yeah because thats not just an abitrary number at all.
And voila......we compare the exact number of games at the elite levels of the respective codes.
And we have you cherry picking the AFL data to suit your purposes.
So there ya have it!!!! Hopefully you'll remember this into the future!!
The great terry has spoken. FMD we can all go home now.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:18 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:38 pm I dunno know Freddy, this is why this site is so tiresome. Do we need to get into the goldfish bowl again. This has been explained over and over and over!!!!!!
yes it has. And you lot are no better at understanding it apparently because every fucking season its the same.
RL folk want whats fair and equitable.
No they dont. They want the figures that suit them. And then call it "the most watched sport". Not most watched competition. Not most watched league. Most watched sport.
The way Wookie did it previously was very good with his graphs etc. I believe he is now unable to do those due to legal reasons. Everyone could add in or strike out whatever thay wanted......you know......like you struck out as much RL as you could and folk laughed!!!
There are indeed legal reasons why i cant produce them. I have produced the data in text format periodically, although i try to not include the same data in every blackbox article i submit.
In the past couple of weeks he seems to be grabbing numbers from anywhere......except NZ.
Im getting the data direct from 7, 9 and Oztam as I have all season. My source material has never been this good before. Amazing what actually writing for a media group gets you.

Get this through your thick head. There is NO data - zero, zilch, nada - for New Zealand and hasnt been since 2014. All we are told is vague percentage increases, and if i ever get the time and inclination, Ill go back and see if i can get an estimate even remotely close to being accurate.
As I have repeatedly stated......like over and over and over. The best way is to compare the elite levels of both sports. The levels that generate revenue. That's AFL domestic comp V NRL domestic comp + SOO & limited internationals.
The AFLs media deals includes AFLX, the JLT series and AFLW. Just the same as the NRL deal includes the Allstars, Charity Shield and other preseason fixtures.
Seal the number of games at the number of AFL H&A games as they have more than the NRL comp. That means adding in 3 SOO & I believe about 3/4 internationals. Whatever equals total AFL games.
yeah because thats not just an abitrary number at all.
And voila......we compare the exact number of games at the elite levels of the respective codes.
And we have you cherry picking the AFL data to suit your purposes.
So there ya have it!!!! Hopefully you'll remember this into the future!!
The great terry has spoken. FMD we can all go home now.

"The great Terry has spoken. FMD we can all go home now!!!

Possibly the smartest thing you have ever said Wookster!!!! Well done pal!!!!

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D


User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:15 pm Pal, it's never been one minute this ......another minute something else for RL folk.
No but its do this for us, but not for the AFL. And then we can be the most watched sport - if we dont include all this other stuff.
It is of course noted that when the AFL numbers tanked last year the AFL folk, yourself included, left the battle field. Were not heard from. You know.......hid in the jungle. You and others returned once the numbers somewhat recovered.
half the time theres no fucking point talking to you people about this. I mean I dont even bring up peak ratings or the fact that consolidated data gives the AFL even more ratings than they get now.
That in itself speaks volumes about fumble fans here. They'll only listen to what suits their bias. And when the facts prove otherwise they just disappear.......vacate the space.....run for their lives.
Some facts arent necessarily facts here even when stated as such by you lot. But at the point the discussion is apparently over.
I'll guarantee that if the AFL gets more legitimate ratings this year I will still be here. And I will acknowledge the achievement. Something fumbling folk are totally unable to do!!!
Im pretty sure i did acknowledge and always have given credit where its due.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:58 am
pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 am
It is definitely part of the ARLC season. All our matches are scheduled around it, all our best players are involved in it. And fan and media attention are squarely centred around it during this period.

Fred you seem to be of the belief that because the AFL only has a club competition in its season everyone else should. Yet you refuse to recognise the 6 or 7 million ratings the Warriors bring into the NRL's club competition each year [-( .
Scheduling doesnt make it part of the Premiership season. Tests are scheduled, rep fixtures are scheduled around it too.

I recognise that NZ has ratings for the NRL, Ill acknowledge what they are when they are actually available.
Where is it written that a sporting season has to be limited to a home and away competition?A premiership season is basically a term used by AFL or a sport that relies on just 1 competition because its all they have . Most Sports, have a season that made up of different events. Cricket has Test matches and One dayers - all part of their season.
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:10 pm)


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

I think the nrl season is a comp unto itself... hence the term “most watched sport” which you a free to use of course. But if you want to compare competition to competition then it is the two competitions (nrl and afl). But league v Aussie Rules is different ... comparing codes is okay but that includes all of it not just soo.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:38 pm
Where is it written that a sporting season has to be limited to a home and away competition?
You understand this is exactly what you are wanting us to do with the AFL ratings right?
A premiership season is basically a term used by AFL or a sport that relies on just 1 competition because its all they have . Most Sports, have a season that made up of different events. Cricket has Test matches and One dayers - all part of their season.
You really are full of shit.

Its also used by the NRL for the premiership season. They even have a specific naming rights sponsor for it. Observe the designations and separation in the NRL annual report last year. Similar separations are made in earlier annual reports.

Image

I didnt start doing it this way just for the lols.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

Yes, different categories. But they all contribute to and affect the regular season!


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
notaleaguefan
Banned
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:43 pm Yes, different categories. But they all contribute to and affect the regular season!
All afl fans read are but but buts

Exactly the same as scheduling effects ratings!
Out side of SOO nothing really rated spectacularly any ways Gollum!


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 23 guests