Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I question anyone who believes anything the resident lair posts . .

Lol
He's on your side .
You can have him .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

SportCapital wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 pm
SportCapital wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:10 pm
Leading, all the way to the bank!

Things must be getting desperate down at hq as the cash runs dry.

From the Australian

NRL planning to get jump on AFL in TV cash grab

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg’s plans for expansion and relocation hinges on TV cash
EXCLUSIVE
BRENT READ

12:00AM JUNE 11, 201911
Facebook
Twitter
Email
The ARL Commission is weighing up whether to go early on its next broadcasting deal, a move that would allow rugby league to get the jump on the AFL but which could also have massive ramifications for the game’s existing clubs.

Club chairs and chief executives will meet the ARL Commission and the NRL tomorrow to discuss a range of issues, among them player behaviour, integrity and, significantly, the broadcasting future.

It is understood a discussion paper has been circulated to the clubs raising the prospect of opening talks over the next broadcasting deal as early as next year. The existing arrangement runs until the end of 2022.

The Australian understands that one of the reasons for going early is to strike before the AFL gets its hands on a large chunk of the broadcasting dollar. That game’s deal also runs until the end of 2022 and there is a fear a changing landscape could mean a shrinking market for sports rights.

Those concerns were heightened recently when Foxtel issued a statement to the ASX flagging cuts to non-marquee sporting events.

At the same time, NRL ratings have been strong on pay and commercial television, leaving the league in a powerful position should it decide to head to ­market early.

The ARL Commission is in the second year of a landmark $1.8 billion deal with Fox Sports and the Nine Network. That deal was the biggest in the code’s history and seemingly allowed the commission to consolidate the future of its clubs by providing them with more money than ever before.

However, despite receiving about $13 million a year from the central administration, most NRL clubs still run at a loss. Hence the need to ensure the next deal at least matches the existing ­arrangement.

Negotiations with the broadcasters are set to have significant ramifications for the ­location of clubs. The NRL is ­reviewing the game’s footprint as it looks to determine how the competition should he shaped.

As part of that process, NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has no doubt been talking to the game’s broadcast partners to garner their views on the future. Those talks, and the subsequent negotiations over the next broadcasting deal, will largely shape the code’s stand on expansion and ­relocation.

There seems little doubt the game needs a second team in Brisbane and potentially a side in Perth, but the broadcasting dollar will ­ultimately determine whether that is done by expansion or relocation.

Both those issues will be central to negotiations with the broadcasters.

In the background, the commission and NRL have also been negotiating with the clubs over their licensing agreements, in an aim to strike a deal over perpetual licences that would provide the existing 16 clubs with lifetime guarantees provided they remained financially secure.

A select group of chairs have been in talks with senior figures over the criteria around financial viability.

While the current licensing agreements revolve around solvency, the game is expected to bring in stricter financial parameters given the clubs will get lifetime guarantees in return.

As part of those talks, the ­current financial arrangement ­between head office and the clubs is expected to be removed from ­licences.

The central grant would then be negotiated in line with the broadcasting agreements, meaning head office would be able to tighten the noose around clubs if HQ felt they were failing to meet their obligations around financial viability. The commission will also seek greater control over who has the power to purchase a licence.

No club is on the market, but there have been ongoing rumours over the ownership at Manly.

Talks with the clubs over the next broadcasting deal are still in their infancy but tomorrow’s meeting could dictate whether they push ahead with plans to go early or wait to see how the broadcasting landscape changes in coming months. The commission is fortunate to count Foxtel chief commercial officer Amanda Laing among its numbers. While Laing would no doubt stand aside from negotiations due to a conflict of ­interest, her intimate knowledge of the broadcasting environment shapes as one of the real strengths of the commission.

According to her biography on the Foxtel website, Laing is ­responsible for spearheading Foxtel’s content strategy and negotiations across entertainment and drama programming as well as heading up its major partnerships and commercial relationships.

She was brought on to the commission early last year.
The nrlol tried doing that twice and were knocked back for two bank loans :lol:
This pig in lip stick with their billion dollar tv contract thanks to some media barrons were going to have a war chest that was going to eclipse the afl! Is living beyond its means to keep up. Took it’s cooked books to the bank!

Twice and got decline twice!
Is the anting more pathetic!
Now another chest beating article how they are going to get the jump on the afl!

Now this will end like all the other times :lol:
I'm not too sure that's correct.
Cooking the books should've netted the loan.
Wait a minute....
Unless the NRL are useless at that too.
And, to be frank, that, is, more than possible.

Fair call...
How does an organisation get rejected from a loan twice
Turning over 3/400 million per year
Coming off a billion dollar broadcasting contract only to have a bigger one already signed and starting after that current one was almost to expire!

I mean how cooked were the books for the banks on both occasions decline the loan :lol:
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:19 pm
I question anyone who believes anything the resident lair posts . .

Lol
He's on your side .
You can have him .
With all that several hundred in revenue and billion dollar broadcasting contracts that the nrlol had and still got declined not once but twice! :))) :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Please show proof of the cooked books as you claimed .
No rants
No deflections
Justpost it

🤣
Xman wrote
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

notaleaguefan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:27 am
notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 pm

The nrlol tried doing that twice and were knocked back for two bank loans :lol:
This pig in lip stick with their billion dollar tv contract thanks to some media barrons were going to have a war chest that was going to eclipse the afl! Is living beyond its means to keep up. Took it’s cooked books to the bank!

Twice and got decline twice!
Is the anting more pathetic!
Now another chest beating article how they are going to get the jump on the afl!

Now this will end like all the other times :lol:
Wait a minute....

Fair call...
Coming off a billion dollar broadcasting contract only to have a bigger one already signed and starting after that current one was almost to expire!

I mean how cooked were the books for the banks on both occasions decline the loan :lol:
The banks are notorious for looking after their own interests.
It would seem they deemed the NRL a bad investment.
And one would assume the second time they applied the NRL presented "magically better" financials yet still got declined.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

SportCapital wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 am

Wait a minute....

Fair call...

And one would assume the second time they applied the NRL presented "magically better" financials yet still got declined.
And here's another dill fighting a war long lost. Even this actually happened who cares? The caravan has moved on pal.....only the dogs are left barking at the sky lololololol!!!!!!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 pm

And here's another dill fighting a war long lost. Even this actually happened who cares? The caravan has moved on pal.....only the dogs are left barking at the sky lololololol!!!!!!!!!!
How does a business turning over several hundred million with a billion dollars media deal, then having just signed a bigger media deal get rejected for two bank loans!

Yep the war has been lost long ago!
I guess the banks don’t like looking at or believe exaggerated numbers like the fans do :lol:
Not that the nrlol was ever close in the first place

The nrl is that caravan that an old couple picked up cheap, gave it a coat of paint and tried to take it around the country. It got past one state then the wheels fell off & then left on the side of the road to rust away
Last edited by notaleaguefan on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Cant remember them. I do remember a discussion on here which was used by pussy to claim the NRL lead in streaming, but when you examined the wording the NRL released their figures as "exciting action" rather than "live sport" which was very misleading.

ANyway, The AFL GF smashed SOO and the NRL GF by more than double which is huge
yeah the figures were like a screenshot from the site of Oz Tam i think..

Yeah that is quite a huge smashing.. double mins in streaming..
Think I found the oztam data https://reports.oztam.com.au/#/live

The week 40 from last year is the week of the grand finals. The NRL is shown on the table for streams through channel 9. The AFL doesnt even feature on the table. If you got to this year's reports the NRL again features around the top and the AFL lower down https://reports.oztam.com.au/#/live

However I suspect Oztam are not counting all forms of streaming given the AFL GF didnt even register yet their data for last year suggested it was second highest for the year
Both figures were reported for the GF. From memory 80 thousand for the NRL , 10 thousand for the AFL. But, But, But :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Still no evidence of COOKED BOOKS .
Thanks for confirming that's another load of bullshit

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm

yeah the figures were like a screenshot from the site of Oz Tam i think..

Yeah that is quite a huge smashing.. double mins in streaming..
Think I found the oztam data https://reports.oztam.com.au/#/live

The week 40 from last year is the week of the grand finals. The NRL is shown on the table for streams through channel 9. The AFL doesnt even feature on the table. If you got to this year's reports the NRL again features around the top and the AFL lower down https://reports.oztam.com.au/#/live

However I suspect Oztam are not counting all forms of streaming given the AFL GF didnt even register yet their data for last year suggested it was second highest for the year
Both figures were reported for the GF. From memory 80 thousand for the NRL , 10 thousand for the AFL. But, But, But :rock:
in that format maybe, but OZTAM have since said the AFL GF more than doubled the NRL SOO and GF :\:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NRL agrees two-year Blackbird production deal

Rebranded UK cloud video platform to cut live Australian rugby league highlights.
Posted: May 30 2019
By: Steven Impey

Getty Images

The National Rugby League (NRL), Australian rugby league’s premier club competition, has become the latest sports property to sign up to UK-based cloud video highlights platform Blackbird.

The service has been brought on board by NRL’s Sydney-based operation for an initial two years to provide support by packaging short highlights during live NRL matches to be distributed to the league’s global fanbase.

“The NRL is one of the most exciting and competitive sports competitions in the world and we are delighted they have chosen to use Blackbird,” said Ian McDonough, Blackbird’s chief executive.

“Enabled by our unique, patented codec, the Blackbird platform will offer the NRL the speed and agility needed to clip, edit and publish highlights for fans in real-time, as the games are being aired live.”
•Microsoft agrees partnership with UK sports video platform

Blackbird is the company’s premium editing platform utilised by media rights holders and broadcasters, including sports organisations.

Due to its popularity, the London-based company, which was previously known as Forbidden Technologies, rebranded earlier this month. Its agreement with the NRL marks the first deal since its change of name to Blackbird.

Among its prominent partners, sports streaming service Deltatre utilises Blackbird’s software, which also formed part of a marketing agreement in January with US technology giant Microsoft.

In March, the company also signed an extension to its deal with IMG Media to package La Liga and Serie A highlights.

“The confidence of the NRL in our platform confirms Blackbird's growing strength in the global sports industry,” McDonough continued, “building on our relationships with major sports companies like MSG Networks, IMG, Peloton and Deltatre."

Wow :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am

Rebranded UK cloud video platform to cut live Australian rugby league highlights.
Posted: May 30 2019
By: Steven Impey

Getty Images

The National Rugby League (NRL), Australian rugby league’s premier club competition, has become the latest sports property to sign up to UK-based cloud video highlights platform Blackbird.

The service has been brought on board by NRL’s Sydney-based operation for an initial two years to provide support by packaging short highlights during live NRL matches to be distributed to the league’s global fanbase.

“The NRL is one of the most exciting and competitive sports competitions in the world and we are delighted they have chosen to use Blackbird,” said Ian McDonough, Blackbird’s chief executive.

“Enabled by our unique, patented codec, the Blackbird platform will offer the NRL the speed and agility needed to clip, edit and publish highlights for fans in real-time, as the games are being aired live.”
•Microsoft agrees partnership with UK sports video platform

Blackbird is the company’s premium editing platform utilised by media rights holders and broadcasters, including sports organisations.

Due to its popularity, the London-based company, which was previously known as Forbidden Technologies, rebranded earlier this month. Its agreement with the NRL marks the first deal since its change of name to Blackbird.

Among its prominent partners, sports streaming service Deltatre utilises Blackbird’s software, which also formed part of a marketing agreement in January with US technology giant Microsoft.

In March, the company also signed an extension to its deal with IMG Media to package La Liga and Serie A highlights.

“The confidence of the NRL in our platform confirms Blackbird's growing strength in the global sports industry,” McDonough continued, “building on our relationships with major sports companies like MSG Networks, IMG, Peloton and Deltatre."

Wow :cheers:
A puff piece press release so the league fertility will have that warm fuzzy feeling and feel empowered to taking over the world!

Don that tin foil hat and cape pissycat and away you go
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

You're right Terry.
You lost that war by a tremendous amount. :oops:
About 50 mill a season from memory. =D

But the bank loan debacle is truly hilarious.
A good, old fashion belly laugh. :(/
You can't deny that. [-X
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

SportCapital wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 am

You're right Terry.
You lost that war by a tremendous amount. :oops:
About 50 mill a season from memory. =D

But the bank loan debacle is truly hilarious.
A good, old fashion belly laugh. :(/
You can't deny that. [-X
The irony is, the basement dwellers tried to mock the afl when they took out a loan to buy out docklands

One got the loan for a billion dollar
investment
The other took it’s cooked accounts, glossy pictures filled in with crayons to the bank,for a loan as they were desperate for cash to pay the bills! Not once but twice! And both times
BD7852B2-F9E5-4BA2-B62B-774D43212694.jpeg
BD7852B2-F9E5-4BA2-B62B-774D43212694.jpeg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Attachments
D792F93D-F841-4DA2-8E5A-9D83E2BA8F0E.jpeg
D792F93D-F841-4DA2-8E5A-9D83E2BA8F0E.jpeg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

#TVratings #Origin TV #1 2019 #Nine
GAME 1 National: 3.207m (2.178/1.029m)
GAME 2 National: 2.799m (1.960m/840k)
GAME 3 National: 2.889m (2.002m/887k)
9NOW series streaming
Average VPM of 84,000 up 78% on 2018
Total streams 1.9 million up 194%
Total minutes 28.6 million up 83%