Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

All 3 afl games shown in isolation this week Average about 175k But But But :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Radio Ratings

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:51 am
All 3 afl games shown in isolation this week Average about 175k But But But :rock:
And what were the average ratings for last weeks 5 games on fox?

Note the giants rated around 30k last week and 190k last night. So what were the differences? Why have the giants suddenly become so much more popular?

Maybe its because the game was shown in isolation? So much for "these games dont rate" which is why they arent shown Friday nights.

Imagine if all AFL games were shown this way like the nrl. Add an average 100k per game.
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:05 pm)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Note the giants rated around 30k last week and 190k last night. So what were the differences? Why have the giants suddenly become so much more popular?

Maybe its because the game was shown in isolation? So much for "these games dont rate" which is why they arent shown Friday nights.

Imagine if all AFL games were shown this way like the nrl. Add an average 100k per game.
I realise your running out excuses but try and put a bit of thought into your arguments. Our Tv game of a Friday night get PTV ratings that are as high as any of our games. And our Sunday TV game always gets good PTV ratings - well over 200 each week , over 270k a few weeks ago.

Yesterday only one of your games was affected by Any TV coverage :rock: :rock: :rock:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Our single FTA last night rated 823k all up (including estimated regional ratings of 1/3rd metro).

This is comparable to many nrl games on friday and Thursday. Yet the AFL game involves the giants who rated only 36k on fox last week.

So does that demolish nrl fan claims the AFL only rates on Fridays? Or that it only rates well with the best most popular clubs?

Excuses demolished
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:41 pm

I realise your running out excuses but try and put a bit of thought into your arguments. Our Tv game of a Friday night get PTV ratings that are as high as any of our games. And our Sunday TV game always gets good PTV ratings - well over 200 each week , over 270k a few weeks ago.

Yesterday only one of your games was affected by Any TV coverage :rock: :rock: :rock:
Havent we already established nrl markets have around 50% extra subscription rates? Even when we rate lower on fox we smash in overall ratings
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:04 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Havent we already established nrl markets have around 50% extra subscription rates? Even when we rate lower on fox we smash in overall ratings
No , not 50% . Probably 10 or 20 % . And we both know the reason why - More interest.

Really :hmm: I cant remember you getting over 3m in any of your matches. And our Sunday match usually rates as well or better than yours despite the fact THAT YOU SPLIT YOUR GAMES TO BOOST YOUR RATINGS. you do the same on Saturday and your ratings are also pathetic that day.

And imagine if Brisbane and Canberra had 20 extra FTA games. Imagine if NZ quarter of a million ratings were counted each week.
Last edited by pussycat on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:12 pm

No , not 50% . Probably 10 or 20 % . And we both know the reason why - More interest.
Foxtel made up 30% of the NRLs ratings on Friday and only 20% of the AFL's ratings. 50% of 20% is 10% which is the difference between 20% and 30%. :wave: (no doubt this is well beyond your understanding)

I cant remember you getting over 3m in any of your matches
and it's back to SOO again :lol:
And our Sunday match usually rates as well or better than yours
I'm calling BS on that claim
despite the fact THAT YOU SPLIT YOUR GAMES TO BOOST YOUR RATINGS. you do the same on Saturday and your ratings are also pathetic that day.
last night's game wasn't split and it rated higher than your Friday night game by 100k despite Saturday night being a lower rating night :wave: :wave: :wave:
And imagine if Brisbane and Canberra had 20 extra FTA games. Imagine if NZ quarter of a million ratings were counted each week.
I'd imagine that would be a big increase, except for the fact no city gets anywhere near 100 FTA AFL games :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:46 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Foxtel made up 30% of the NRLs ratings on Friday and only 20% of the AFL's ratings. 50% of 20% is 10% which is the difference between 20% and 30%. :wave: (no doubt this is well beyond your understanding)

I cant remember you getting over 3m in any of your matches
and it's back to SOO again :lol:
And our Sunday match usually rates as well or better than yours
I'm calling BS on that claim
despite the fact THAT YOU SPLIT YOUR GAMES TO BOOST YOUR RATINGS. you do the same on Saturday and your ratings are also pathetic that day.
last night's game wasn't split and it rated higher than your Friday night game by 100k despite Saturday night being a lower rating night :wave: :wave: :wave:
I'd imagine that would be a big increase, except for the fact no city gets anywhere near 100 FTA AFL games :lol:
???????????????????????????? If our percentage was 30% of our total , and yours is 20% of your total. The difference would be 10% nothing like 50% professor.

Why Not ! The highlight of our football is Origin , the highlight of your game Is Friday night!

I said 20 extra FTA games as Perth has. Adelaide similar. And that is close to what it is.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:31 pm

???????????????????????????? If our percentage was 30% of our total , and yours is 20% of your total. The difference would be 10% nothing like 50% professor.

Why Not ! The highlight of our football is Origin , the highlight of your game Is Friday night!

I said 20 extra FTA games as Perth has. Adelaide similar.
I actually broke it down for you and you're still too stupid to see it.

I'll try one more time then give up. If NRL states have 30% subscription rates 30% of their population is 3.6mil (12mil times 30/100). If the remaining states have 20% subscription rates 20% of this population is 2.4mil (12mil times 20/100). So the NRL population with foxtel is 1.2mil more (3.6mil - 2.4mil) than the AFL population with foxtel. 1.2mil is 50% of 2.4mil, therefore the NRL states have a 50% advantage in subscription rates.

Now, we have already counted the FTA games in each state. Perth only get 89 FTA games to the NRLs 78 FTA games. However, 2 are on more than 2 hours delay, 2/3rds are on 7mate, and only a handful are in prime time.

In your obscure world those 11 extra FTA games might be an advantage. Yet when you account for the massive difference in prime time games, second digital channel games, and games on delay there's no way Perth get a better FTA deal. So stop with this pathetic excuse FFS

Funny how you are also completely ignoring that the NRL's Friday game was easily outrated by a single, non-split, AFL game on a Saturday featuring the lowly Giants. Where are your excuses now? :\:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Firstly not everyone with PTV watched this match. many don't even watch football

Canberra population with PTV ? Unknown!
West population with PTV ? also Unknown!
Others with PTV watching this match ? also unknown !
The Only thing known is that, in this case 30% of the people watching this match watched it on PTV.

While 20% of the people watching your game were watching on PTV . A difference (in this particular case) of 10%
eg. 30% ,30 apples or 30 dollars - 20 = 10.

NRL = 80matches
Perth = 95 or 96 matches , and we both know Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane will be similar.

Not at all Professor LOL . As I said Above Friday is not our main game.

Seriously get help Einstein!

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:50 pm
Firstly not everyone with PTV watched this match. many don't even watch football
which applies to fans of both codes. Therefore, if there are 50% more NRL fans with subs the result will always come out about 50% more of your total. Eg: your fox figure makes up 30% of the total to our 20%
The Only thing known is that, in this case 30% of the people watching this match watched it on PTV.

While 20% of the people watching your game were watching on PTV . A difference (in this particular case) of 10%
irrelevant. The figures show the difference nation-wide, and have all year. The AFL have been rating around 1mil every Thurs/Fri with ratings around the low 200's.
and 10 is 50% more than 20 :[]
NRL = 80matches
Perth = 95 or 96 matches , and we both know Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane will be similar.
I actually counted every single FTA game in Perth and there are 89 so stop bullshitting. Adelaide have 92 FTA games but 7 are delayed by between 2 and 3 hours, plus they have some games on 7mate.

The FTA advantage is simply not there, it's more BS excuses from you
No, it's either Thursday or Friday. They are your highest rating games every week. Our Saturday game with a small following rated higher than any NRL game this week despite you claiming the AFL only rates on Fridays (stupid logic given we also smash you on Thursdays). And this is despite Saturday rating 10% lower overall than any other day of the week.

Your excuses have been systematically destroyed, you have none left
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:40 am)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 am
which applies to fans of both codes. Therefore, if there are 50% more NRL fans with subs the result will always come out about 50% more of your total. Eg: your fox figure makes up 30% of the total to our 20%

irrelevant. The figures show the difference nation-wide, and have all year. The AFL have been rating around 1mil every Thurs/Fri with ratings around the low 200's.
NRL = 80matches
I actually counted every single FTA game in Perth and there are 89 so stop bullshitting. Adelaide have 92 FTA games but 7 are delayed by between 2 and 3 hours, plus they have some games on 7mate.

No, it's either Thursday or Friday. They are your highest rating games every week. Our Saturday game with a small following rated higher than any NRL game this week despite you claiming the AFL only rates on Fridays (stupid logic given we also smash you on Thursdays). And this is despite Saturday rating 10% lower overall than any other day of the week.

The results come out around 10% probably closer to 5%if you ha'dnt picked out one of our worst supported sides. Certainly nothing like 50% professor .

Its not irrelevant at all . There is no possible way of telling just how many didn't watch this match.

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:23 pm
As stated by SMH AFL reporter Vince Rugari, "The AFL must be concerned that the supposedrapid growth of the game in NSW is not being borne out in the stands". He could also add in the Sydney TV ratings. It appears Dr Lawson was right. The AFL basically tell lies to try and sell the game. Unfortunately for them people in the educated northern states aren't bubble dwelling idiots!!!
Noticed that Vince Rugari couldn’t bring himself to report today in the SMH the positive news regarding the 15th place Swans drawing their biggest crowd of season 2019 at the SCG yesterday. Not one mention of the crowd in his articles today despite its significance. Reporting that fact does not fit with his AFL doom and gloom in NSW agenda I guess. :roll:

Vince reminds me of you Terry with his selective reporting of facts and a focus on negatives. Shithouse sports journalist in my opinion.
These users liked the author Beaussie for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:42 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 am

NRL = 80matches

The results come out around 10% probably closer to 5%if you ha'dnt picked out one of our worst supported sides. Certainly nothing like 50% professor .

Its not irrelevant at all . There is no possible way of telling just how many didn't watch this match.
Fmd you're stupid. If the AFL outrate the nrl by 250k yet the nrl get 40k more on fox they obviously have far higher sub rates overall.

I am refering to the difference in subs, not the difference in percentage of subs. 30% of 12m is 3.6m, thats how many people in nsw and qld are predicted to have foxtel. If 20% of 12mil in the other states have fox thats a population of 2.4mil.

How many more percentage is 3.6m compared to 2.4m?

Again, still ignoring how high a Saturday non split AFL game on FTA featuring the giants rated.