Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Hilarious these flogs ignore the beating they cop week in week out to point at the two smallest newest expansion clubs.

They do the same for crowds, ignore the average of 36k to point at the giants crowds
We don't ignore crowds. Were actually trying to do something about it. But in the mean time we will just have to make do with being the most popular and most watched sport in Australia. :cheers:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 am
pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:14 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Hilarious these flogs ignore the beating they cop week in week out to point at the two smallest newest expansion clubs.

They do the same for crowds, ignore the average of 36k to point at the giants crowds
We don't ignore crowds. Were actually trying to do something about it. But in the mean time we will just have to make do with being the most popular and most watched sport in Australia. :cheers:
Not this year - at least up to this point - and Origin wont put you in front.

Oh and the minute Origin goes on the tables so does all the preseason, aflw and state tv stuff. After all its not about "leagues" then, its about most watched sports. And for once I have all the actual data.
Hmmmm.....you've gone all partisan have ya Wookster. You used to list AFL pre-season, AFLW, AFLX, AFL season, NRL season, SOO, RL internationals + NZ RL numbers. Then basically let the punters decide what they want to use....you know......like the 'ol strike in/strike out theory. You even used to announce who 'won' the ratings for the year.

Are you now threatening to manufacture a win to AFL no matter what? I think you are better when you show some objectivity.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 am
pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:14 am

Not this year - at least up to this point - and Origin wont put you in front.

Oh and the minute Origin goes on the tables so does all the preseason, aflw and state tv stuff. After all its not about "leagues" then, its about most watched sports. And for once I have all the actual data.
Hmmmm.....you've gone all partisan have ya Wookster. You used to list AFL pre-season, AFLW, AFLX, AFL season, NRL season, SOO, RL internationals + NZ RL numbers. Then basically let the punters decide what they want to use....you know......like the 'ol strike in/strike out theory. You even used to announce who 'won' the ratings for the year.

Are you now threatening to manufacture a win to AFL no matter what? I think you are better when you show some objectivity.
You're still losing.

A win doesn't need to be manufactured when, this year, more people have consistently watched AFL than NRL. (Nrl won once or twice?)

Do you just suddenly become more popular at the end of the year?

The hypocrisy of you twats suggesting we live in a bubble is overwhelming. You manufacture your own bubble full of irrelevant stats, hop in there, then ignore any other rational argument that doesn't fit your dellusional narrative.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Nice rant pal. Devoid of facts and typically insular. You need to think outside the square.......or in your case the bubble lololololol!!!!!! Good luck with that pal!!!!!
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 pm
Nice rant pal. Devoid of facts and typically insular. You need to think outside the square.......or in your case the bubble lololololol!!!!!! Good luck with that pal!!!!!
Exhibit A.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm
I think you are better when you say nothing at all.

Ill still show all the data and let people make their own minds up, but this year will be the first time it will actually be all the Australian data. If you want to play the "most watched sport" card. Then lets have the ratings for the sport. Hell i think i can even include the indigenous ratings for league and afl off NITV.

I will try and extrapololate NZ data but not if theres still nothing since 2014, but getting to those figures might not be easy.

We know for example that league figures in NZ were up 18% on the previous year in 2018. We last have actual figures for 2013 or 2014. hmm looks like I can work with Warriors ratings at least, so theres that.

The point is......you used to 'play the most watched sport card' Wookie. You used the ratings as stated in my beautifully written earlier post. Now you seem to be going all partisan & threatening to grab numbers from wherever ya can to counter SOO & international RL.

Strangely enough I believe my method, stated on numerous occasions on this site, is the fairest & most sensible. I.E. use the AFL season, finals and GF V NRL season, finals & GF + the number of SOO game and internationals that will mean we are comparing the exact number of games played. I believe the AFL season has 6 more games so 3 SOO + 3 internationals are added in RL's total. And Voila........fair, sensible & common sense.

You know it's right!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:47 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm
I think you are better when you say nothing at all.

Ill still show all the data and let people make their own minds up, but this year will be the first time it will actually be all the Australian data. If you want to play the "most watched sport" card. Then lets have the ratings for the sport. Hell i think i can even include the indigenous ratings for league and afl off NITV.

I will try and extrapololate NZ data but not if theres still nothing since 2014, but getting to those figures might not be easy.

We know for example that league figures in NZ were up 18% on the previous year in 2018. We last have actual figures for 2013 or 2014. hmm looks like I can work with Warriors ratings at least, so theres that.

The point is......you used to 'play the most watched sport card' Wookie. You used the ratings as stated in my beautifully written earlier post. Now you seem to be going all partisan & threatening to grab numbers from wherever ya can to counter SOO & international RL.

Strangely enough I believe my method, stated on numerous occasions on this site, is the fairest & most sensible. I.E. use the AFL season, finals and GF V NRL season, finals & GF + the number of SOO game and internationals that will mean we are comparing the exact number of games played. I believe the AFL season has 6 more games so 3 SOO + 3 internationals are added in RL's total. And Voila........fair, sensible & common sense.

You know it's right!!!!!
include whatever you like, you will no matter what others say anyway. Fact is the AFL on an equitable comparison of conditions, wins almost every time, irrespective of how you slice and dice it
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Hmm, It sounds like somebody is sick of Silver medals. :cheers: owe hang on, maybe those Chinese ratings will finally come through. :wink:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I dont care if you claim gold for one useless criteria. It's funny you ignore all the important ones though
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:06 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 pm
Hmm, It sounds like somebody is sick of Silver medals. :cheers: owe hang on, maybe those Chinese ratings will finally come through. :wink:
sounds like someone doesnt get the full ramifactions of "most watched sport". You want Origin in thats finme, but dont pretend its part of the premiership season, its not.
This has always been about the two season. Not the club scene which is heavily skewed in favour of the AFL. The AFL play a lot more matches in there club season, particularly FTA. Origin and the rep games just even up that number.
The NRL play almost 10 weeks without there best players or having them back up after just a few days. The media focus is almost entirely on Origin not the club scene during this period.
Unlike the AFL, the club scene is not our only focus. Just because you put all your efforts into club football hardly means we should.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 pm
sounds like someone doesnt get the full ramifactions of "most watched sport". You want Origin in thats finme, but dont pretend its part of the premiership season, its not.
This has always been about the two season. Not the club scene which is heavily skewed in favour of the AFL. The AFL play a lot more matches in there club season, particularly FTA. Origin and the rep games just even up that number.
The NRL play almost 10 weeks without there best players or having them back up after just a few days. The media focus is almost entirely on Origin not the club scene during this period.
Unlike the AFL, the club scene is not our only focus. Just because you put all your efforts into club football hardly means we should.
heavily skewed in our favour? Sounds like but buts to me :lol: Your club scene comes a distant second when conditions are comparable so you go clamoring for extra ratings to make up the difference
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:25 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm

heavily skewed in our favour? Sounds like but buts to me :lol: Your club scene comes a distant second when conditions are comparable so you go clamoring for extra ratings to make up the difference
Actually, our club scene alone, about 85% of our full season was enough to out rate your entire season last year. A fact that's well documented if you don't want to believe me. Comparable??? 0h you mean like a couple of weeks back when we both had the same amount of matches. I don't recall coming a distant 2nd - maybe a distant 1st would be more accurate.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:10 am

Actually, our club scene alone, about 85% of our full season was enough to out rate your entire season last year. A fact that's well documented if you don't want to believe me. Comparable??? 0h you mean like a couple of weeks back when we both had the same amount of matches. I don't recall coming a distant 2nd - maybe a distant 1st would be more accurate.
Hence the word 'comparable'. SImply saying we had the same number of games isnt comparable when considering TV because the broadcast conditions drastically affect the ratings.

Single game v single game shown at the same time on Fox and FTA are under the same conditions. No matter whether these are finals, public holidays, Thursdays or Fridays, you lose almost every single one of these :\:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Our game tonight will almost treble your best game. But, But, But :rock:
Last edited by pussycat on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The NRL will do them the world off good making ORIGIN Stand Alone.
that doesn't mean Origin needs to be played on weekend either.
Mid week is just fine and Other Rugby league content besides the Premiership on the weekends.

(they have moved Internationals to standalone at end of year..

REP ROUND MID year would work wonders in many ways..