AFL SoO

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: AFL SoO

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:07 pm
Terry wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Totally incorrect as expected. NRL players and fans do not value SOO above the domestic teams they follow.
As a whole the NRL SOO rates above your GF, sometimes well above, which suggest it has a higher value to RL fans.
SOO in AFL stalled because Victoria dominated. Fullstop. It was no longer a contest. The fans didn't care. The players didn't care. Fumblehouse didn't care.
It had nothing to do with Vic dominating which is clearly evident because Vic were the better side from the start yet it remained popular. The decline in popularity occured in 1999 once the AFL had clubs in each state and was partly due to the fact many of the competitions best players were from states other than Vic, WA and SA.
There is not a chance in hell that fumblehouse would can SOO if it got multiple ratings equal to the domestic GF year on year. Massive interest Australia wide. Massive money coming into the game. Known and broadcast throughout the world. Yep. Nil chance.
AFL house can say and want whatever they like. But players, clubs and fans did not value rep AFL rep games anywhere near as high as club games, therefore it lost support from the players, then lost interest from the public. The impact of SOO during the regular season would be unacceptable to players and fans, unlike RL fans who seem to welcome SOO despite the massive effect it has on your NRL competition. I mean it's laughable a club would risk missing finals to allow players to represent their state in a state v state game.
It's simple. RL SOO is a contest year on year. Grew into a behemoth. AFL SOO wasn't. Withered on the vine. And died.
couldnt agree more. It had no place in a national competition, just like it doesnt for sports in other countries like NBA, NFL ect. They have their 'exhibition' all-star games but they have nowhere near the level of interest their main competition has.

The fact NRL SOO is so much more popular than the NRL season is quite hilarious because it shows how many fringe or fair weather RL fans there are out there. They will watch 3 games a year then take barely any interest for the remainder of the year
So many lies and dodgy assumptions in here - Moreno popular than the entire season? Errrm yeah right , where’d you get the numbers to prove that? State of origin more popular than the grand final? Well last I heard a grand final is between two clubs - a state of origin is between two states so of course the numbers are gunna be different.

“The impact of SOO during the regular season would be unacceptable to players and fans”

Freddy’s a fanboy and it seems he wants it back? He also said players want it back. I’ve heard the same from countless Afl fans and players so I think nlol you’re just making shit up to suit urself once more. Ohhhh the bubble! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:23 pm
It rates well because every supporter is supporting the STATE not just a club>>

combine all the fans in Victoria to support the STATE> it is going to be bigger than your GRAND FINAL.

Grand Finals Vary in both codes, in which team makes it >>

SOO varies on the closeness of the match and the Decider.
so why dont NFL or NBA rep game ratings get anywhere near their finals?
The annual SOO meltdownis in full swing. Jealousy, delusion, hypocrisy!!!! Bring it on fumblers!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol yep as it gets closer the frothing foaming stamping of feet & outright jealous rants will increase .
EXHIBIT#1 the posts above .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Totally incorrect as expected. NRL players and fans do not value SOO above the domestic teams they follow.
As a whole the NRL SOO rates above your GF, sometimes well above, which suggest it has a higher value to RL fans.
SOO in AFL stalled because Victoria dominated. Fullstop. It was no longer a contest. The fans didn't care. The players didn't care. Fumblehouse didn't care.
It had nothing to do with Vic dominating which is clearly evident because Vic were the better side from the start yet it remained popular. The decline in popularity occured in 1999 once the AFL had clubs in each state and was partly due to the fact many of the competitions best players were from states other than Vic, WA and SA.
There is not a chance in hell that fumblehouse would can SOO if it got multiple ratings equal to the domestic GF year on year. Massive interest Australia wide. Massive money coming into the game. Known and broadcast throughout the world. Yep. Nil chance.
AFL house can say and want whatever they like. But players, clubs and fans did not value rep AFL rep games anywhere near as high as club games, therefore it lost support from the players, then lost interest from the public. The impact of SOO during the regular season would be unacceptable to players and fans, unlike RL fans who seem to welcome SOO despite the massive effect it has on your NRL competition. I mean it's laughable a club would risk missing finals to allow players to represent their state in a state v state game.
It's simple. RL SOO is a contest year on year. Grew into a behemoth. AFL SOO wasn't. Withered on the vine. And died.
couldnt agree more. It had no place in a national competition, just like it doesnt for sports in other countries like NBA, NFL ect. They have their 'exhibition' all-star games but they have nowhere near the level of interest their main competition has.

The fact NRL SOO is so much more popular than the NRL season is quite hilarious because it shows how many fringe or fair weather RL fans there are out there. They will watch 3 games a year then take barely any interest for the remainder of the year
Oh my where to start with this steaming pile ?
When you live in an insular bubble & your comp is it ...a one trick pony with nothing else then you have a very skewed view of the world outside the cult.

In other sports sun as all star games overseas..they are not taken seriously hence the interest levels are not there .

As for clubs risking their players ....
It's a fucking honour to rep your state then maybe your country .
Fumblers just don't get it .
It's recognition for being a good player in great form or a player who has performed at this level before
Sure beats standing under a 4n20 sign in a team that plays no one ..lol the sausage rollers ...what an honour .
As has been stated many times
Yes SOO has a large negative impact on the season .but it's outweighed by the positives .
Usually the highest rating football game of the year in this country .
worth massive $$$$$$ to the ARLC
The game at an elite level is showcased around the country & overseas.
Etc.
What has the afl got to match it ...lol apparently ANZAC day game is bigger according to one nutcase on here .
So deluded ..so very very deluded .

& how the fuck do you work out that SOO is more popular than the whole season .
Statements like that are laughed are why you lot are considered complete idiots .

When an elite level of a sport is reached there's Far more interest by those usually not a follower far more interest as club loyalties are put aside for state loyalties
What dont you get about this?
A 6 yr old could understand
socceroos. V AL comp.
wallabies v Super 15
Any Olympic sport that has little profile here .
Sheffield shield v Boxing Day test
Ordinary Race meetings at Flemington v The Melb cup

SOO v NRL ordinary games ...

AFL comp v nothing .
You will never get it
Never understand the different loyalties to different elite levels of a sport
Things such as state pride or watching your Aust team play traditional rivals .

One trick pony is it for you .
Locked in th bubble
These users liked the author AFLcrap1 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:08 pm)

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:54 am

Oh my where to start with this steaming pile ?
When you live in an insular bubble & your comp is it ...a one trick pony with nothing else then you have a very skewed view of the world outside the cult.

In other sports sun as all star games overseas..they are not taken seriously hence the interest levels are not there .

It's recognition for being a good player in great form or a player who has performed at this level before
Sure beats standing under a 4n20 sign in a team that plays no one ..lol the sausage rollers ...what an honour .
Yes SOO has a large negative impact on the season .but it's outweighed by the positives .
Etc.
What has the afl got to match it ...lol apparently ANZAC day game is bigger according to one nutcase on here .
So deluded ..so very very deluded .

Statements like that are laughed are why you lot are considered complete idiots .

When an elite level of a sport is reached there's Far more interest by those usually not a follower far more interest as club loyalties are put aside for state loyalties
A 6 yr old could understand
socceroos. V AL comp.
wallabies v Super 15
Any Olympic sport that has little profile here .
Sheffield shield v Boxing Day test
Ordinary Race meetings at Flemington v The Melb cup

SOO v NRL ordinary games ...

AFL comp v nothing .
You will never get it
Never understand the different loyalties to different elite levels of a sport
Things such as state pride or watching your Aust team play traditional rivals .

One trick pony is it for you .
Locked in th bubble
=D :lol: =D

That’s gotta be one of the most thorough beltings I’ve seen in a long time! :lol:

I think we all know who’s who in the zoo here. :lol:

Nlol, I think it’s time you apologised! :(/

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:22 am
NlolRL wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:23 pm
It rates well because every supporter is supporting the STATE not just a club>>

combine all the fans in Victoria to support the STATE> it is going to be bigger than your GRAND FINAL.

Grand Finals Vary in both codes, in which team makes it >>

SOO varies on the closeness of the match and the Decider.
so why dont NFL or NBA rep game ratings get anywhere near their finals?
The annual SOO meltdownis in full swing. Jealousy, delusion, hypocrisy!!!! Bring it on fumblers!!!!
haha, so criticism is jealousy? You must be so jealous of the AFL it's not funny :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Do you even english? WTF does this sentence even mean? :hmm:

So you admit players value 3 SOO games over their national season?
Etc.
and if your fans are happy for it to overshadow your entire comp that's up to you. I can think of plenty of major sporting comps which do no such thing. The entire years competition is number 1, not a few rep games
that's the point, the AFL, the NFL and the NBA dont need a few rep games to bolster their mediocre season. The AFL had it and it died a natural death. NBA and NFL rep games are considered a side show, a bit of fun. They pale in comparison to the super bowl and the NBA finals. But not for poor old RL. They need to group players from all their clubs together to feel significant :lol:
well you guys claim ratings equals popularity :lol: Only RL would have local rep games that outrate every game in their entire season. The NFL dont, nor does the NBA.
The fact it's 3 games compared to nearly 210.
Many RL 'fans' seem bemused by your season then spark up for 3 games involving players from 2 states. Fuck that's funny
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Do you even english? WTF does this sentence even mean? :hmm:

So you admit players value 3 SOO games over their national season?
Etc.
and if your fans are happy for it to overshadow your entire comp that's up to you. I can think of plenty of major sporting comps which do no such thing. The entire years competition is number 1, not a few rep games
that's the point, the AFL, the NFL and the NBA dont need a few rep games to bolster their mediocre season. The AFL had it and it died a natural death. NBA and NFL rep games are considered a side show, a bit of fun. They pale in comparison to the super bowl and the NBA finals. But not for poor old RL. They need to group players from all their clubs together to feel significant :lol:
well you guys claim ratings equals popularity :lol: Only RL would have local rep games that outrate every game in their entire season. The NFL dont, nor does the NBA.
The fact it's 3 games compared to nearly 210.
Many RL 'fans' seem bemused by your season then spark up for 3 games involving players from 2 states. Fuck that's funny
Oh dear one typo in the first sentence . SUCH is the word .
You probably knew that but highlighted the typo to ignore what I said
The rest is bitter jealous rubbish .
Players don't value it over the comp.
You just don't get it .
It's a reward .its recognition for your ability .
& it doesn't overshadow te season . Fuck me you talk shit .
It's a 6 week highlight in the middle of a 25 week comp .
It gets the limelight for those weeks then the interest is back on the comp.
Do you have any idea of how bitterly jealous your rants are .
Last edited by AFLcrap1 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

^^^ :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Same shit every year.
The meltdown with bizarre illogical rants is hilarious .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Oh dear one typo in the first sentence . SUCH is the word .
You probably knew that but highlighted the typo to ignore what I said
The rest is bitter jealous rubbish .
Players don't value it over the comp.
You just don't get it .
It's a reward .its recognition for your ability .
& it doesn't overshadow te season . Fuck me you talk shit .
It's a 6 week highlight in the middle of a 25 week comp .
It gets the limelight for those weeks then the interest is back on the comp.
Do you have any idea of how bitterly jealous your rants are .
a reward that penalises the clubs, the rest of the teammates, and the fans. Some reward that is :lol:

If the AFL still had SOO and Victoria won but my side missed the finals because some of my teams best players were missing for weeks I wouldnt see it as a reward at all. Yay, a team of players thrown together beat another team of players thrown together in a single or best of 3 games, yet the club I support all year missed finals.

In other sports these games are seen as a bit of fun, not the most important part of the season. Oh they must all be jealous too :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Same shit every year.
The meltdown with bizarre illogical rants is hilarious .
seems to me the majority of SOO threads are created by NRL fans, and all we do is respond on topic. If it werent for these threads would SOO be mentioned at all other than the ratings on the following day?
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

If I was AFL, I would trial a state of Origin in the off season. But between the 4 AFL states.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Haha fuck. Is this the same every year? The afl fans not melting at all but most of you plebs just going "rah jealous rant blah blah", for disagreeing with you and explaining their argument?
lol
Saying bubble dweller is not a win.
This will be interesting.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I agree

AFL should trial SOO in the off season>>

If the best Players can PLAY AFLX..... and be put at risk of injury... why not ORIGIN FOOTY>>

I guess Cricket being on and taking control of major grounds does not help this idea..