Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:50 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 pm

You had a 3.30 to 5.30 game which was your first of the day. The eagles game was the afls third.

Also i notice you again ignored how much higher the only game shown in isolation rated about every game sgown concurrently.
Somewhat understandably your excuses are getting more and more pathetic as you become more and more desperate. But your 'facts' are starting to border on lies and fantasy, That game started at 3 was over by the time your game even started [-(
So your game lasted 90 minutes and ours 180. Lol

Also, if theyre pathetic excuses why dont you address them?
If you can come up with anything worth addressing I certainly will but the usual but, but , :blahblah:, :blahblah:, :blahblah: response is simply just tiresome. The endless excuses that spew from your mouth are just pitiful.

If the entire NRL ratings were counted there would be 200k difference just in that one PTV game.

I don't know what time the match started at, but going by the Fox broadcast times I would say the start time was nearer to 5.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:29 pm
If you can come up with anything worth addressing I certainly will but the usual but, but , :blahblah:, :blahblah:, :blahblah: response is simply just tiresome. The endless excuses that spew from your mouth are just pitiful.
so you fail to respond to points because in your judgement they're not worth it? Sounds like a very convenient response to points you have no answer for.

Point 1 for example. 4 AFL games yesterday shown concurrently averaged around 120k. The only game shown in isolation rated 204k. Yet you think there's no disadvantage....Not worth addressing? :hmm:
If the entire NRL ratings were counted there would be 200k difference just in that one PTV game.
Say what? Since when arent the entire NRL ratings counted? What are you on about?
I don't know what time the match started at, but going by the Fox broadcast times I would say the start time was nearer to 5.
the ratings figure is for the broadcast time, not the match time
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:05 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:06 pm

The AFL game sown in isolation (Fox) 4.30-7.30. got almost 100 less than the NRL game in the same timeslot(5.30-7.00). :^o
And to be fair, it also rated 347,000 on FTA in Perth, Adelaide and WA regionals.
That's true, but wasn't our highest STV game last week on Free to Air and aren''t your highest rating STV games usually shown at the same time as a FTA games.

Was today the day the Chinese game was on?
What did they make out the crowd figure was this year?

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:55 pm
so you fail to respond to points because in your judgement they're not worth it? Sounds like a very convenient response to points you have no answer for.

Point 1 for example. 4 AFL games yesterday shown concurrently averaged around 120k. The only game shown in isolation rated 204k. Yet you think there's no disadvantage....Not worth addressing? :hmm:
Say what? Since when arent the entire NRL ratings counted? What are you on about?
I seem to recall arguing that with you before . You were arguing the complete opposite back then. I guess it depends on which way the winds blowing, or rather which argument best favours the AFL.

The Broadcast always begins prior to the match starting. [-(

and the NRL average for Satuday would be 260 or 270 - 60 to 70k?????

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Well folks I've just a quick crunch of the numbers and it appears both NRL & AFL got around 3.5 mill for the round. By my quick count RL might narrowly win. Which in real terms is a wacking as we have one less game and no home ratings from one of our teams.

Now I did these numbers very quickly and I could be wrong......I have been before......I think it was 1973...........so if anyone has different calculations let me know.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:55 pm

I seem to recall arguing that with you before . You were arguing the complete opposite back then. I guess it depends on which way the winds blowing, or rather which argument best favours the AFL.

The Broadcast always begins prior to the match starting. [-(

and the NRL average for Satuday would be 260 or 270 - 60 to 70k?????
This entire post makes zero sense. Care to explain all of it?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

No. I would only be wasting part of my remaining years.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:39 pm
The trouble with the fumblers here is you have explain things 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times but they still go back to the same argument over and over again. Then when anyone tells 'em it's all been explained before they claim victory the dills. Yep..................... repetitive argument syndrome!!!!

I'll have to bring back the old goldfish bowl!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Terry wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm
Well folks I've just a quick crunch of the numbers and it appears both NRL & AFL got around 3.5 mill for the round. By my quick count RL might narrowly win. Which in real terms is a wacking as we have one less game and no home ratings from one of our teams.

Now I did these numbers very quickly and I could be wrong......I have been before......I think it was 1973...........so if anyone has different calculations let me know.
I think your overestimating just how pathetic these fumblers are. For us, I make it 3.6 , for them about 3.4 with a bit to come. Cant see it being near 200k though.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:51 pm

I think your overestimating just how pathetic these fumblers are. For us, I make it 3.6 , for them about 3.4 with a bit to come. Cant see it being near 200k though.
Yep. That's about what I got. But with one less game and no home ratings for one team it is a good old fashion belting anyway you look at it.

Are the AFL numbers tanking again?? Have the 9 rule changes not changed the mess enough?? Are the fans again turning away??
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Terry wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:13 pm

Yep. That's about what I got. But with one less game and no home ratings for one team it is a good old fashion belting anyway you look at it.

Are the AFL numbers tanking again?? Have the 9 rule changes not changed the mess enough?? Are the fans again turning away??
I think they just stuck in few extra Thursday night game this year and hoped people wouldn't notice what a boring shit of a game it is. It seems people are starting to wake up. Well most people. :rofl:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

thought not. You're so stupid you dont even understand your own posts :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:45 pm
The trouble with the fumblers here is you have explain things 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times but they still go back to the same argument over and over again. Then when anyone tells 'em it's all been explained before they claim victory the dills. Yep..................... repetitive argument syndrome!!!!

I'll have to bring back the old goldfish bowl!!!!!!
just once that makes sense will do.

I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim you've provided proof that other programs world-wide have cumulative ratings compared. How many months ago was that?

Lost that in the mail Terry? :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

We got 1.1mil on Friday night for a single game shown in isolation, more than 300k over the NRL. This was EASILY the highest rating game of the round again, and higher than every NRL game this year bar 1 :wave:

We then squeeze 8 games, or 24 hours of sport, into the next 14-15 hours of telecast and surprise surprise these games rate far far lower on average......

For as often as you ignore this crucial factor I'll remind you, despite claiming I'm in a fishbowl. In truth you're either too stupid to understand this or too disingenuous. I'm undecided at this point, probably both
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon May 27, 2019 5:29 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:39 pm

I think they just stuck in few extra Thursday night game this year and hoped people wouldn't notice what a boring shit of a game it is. It seems people are starting to wake up. Well most people. :rofl:
Maybe the NRL might beat the AFL in a game v game comparison sometime this year, then you wouldnt look like such a dick