Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm
Its a a complete waste of time and fridge magnets wont help. But, But, But :rock:
14-0 this season I think Pussycat :\:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm
Its a a complete waste of time and fridge magnets wont help. But, But, But :rock:
Another good one from you Puss.

To be fair, you responded to the points made about as well as Terry did.
These users liked the author Cats_Steve for the post:
NlolRL (Wed May 22, 2019 6:39 pm)
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:16 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:01 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm

I dont want you to find the ratings, I was making a point. You've averaged fox ratings where the NRL have 5 exclusive games to the AFL's none, and no games shown concurrently to the AFL's 8. What were you expecting the average fox ratings to show? #-o

As for the NRL having 1 FTA game on Saturday night, they did in the finals and the AFL won every single time. :wave:

And if the AFL had an average week what does that say about the NRL who again couldnt get a game over 1mil :lol:

Our best rating games are beating yours every single week. In fact you haven't had a higher rating comparative game since some time mid last year :lol:
Wow!!!! Haven't heard any of those excuses/reasons/whinging/whining/bleating before!!!!!!!!!! Have I told you you're delusional? A bubble dweller? AFL sycophant? Yes? Oh that's right...... just after RL's smashing win last year........which you denied lololololol!!!!!!!!!

Oh........and RL will win the ratings numbers again this year. Now carry on pal.......what was that idiocy again???
Ditto fuckwit

RL may win the cumulative ratings when they include SOO and NRL season and rep games compared to our AFL comp. Is this of any relevance or importance at all? Clearly not when:
1. no other programs in the world are compared by totals over an entire year
2. the NRL are beaten when compared in the same format week after week

Funny how when I claim the AFL rate more on Saturday you then complain you dont have FTA games on Saturday. According to you your explanations are reasons yet ours are excuses.
Lol we beat you without any rep games last year .nrl season v Afl season .
Nrl won .

But but but but but but but but but but but.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:13 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Wow!!!! Haven't heard any of those excuses/reasons/whinging/whining/bleating before!!!!!!!!!! Have I told you you're delusional? A bubble dweller? AFL sycophant? Yes? Oh that's right...... just after RL's smashing win last year........which you denied lololololol!!!!!!!!!

Oh........and RL will win the ratings numbers again this year. Now carry on pal.......what was that idiocy again???
Ditto fuckwit

RL may win the cumulative ratings when they include SOO and NRL season and rep games compared to our AFL comp. Is this of any relevance or importance at all? Clearly not when:

Funny how when I claim the AFL rate more on Saturday you then complain you dont have FTA games on Saturday. According to you your explanations are reasons yet ours are excuses.
Nrl won .

and he ignores the rest of the post :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:43 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:20 pm
News Flash: AFL 2019 tv ratings are once again in freefall. My spies tell me fumbleball's last round numbers were a disastrous 2.966 mill in total. Yep.......didn't break 3M.

In contrast the good 'ol girl RL keeps chugging along with about 3.7 mill last round. And yep.......thats 9 games v 7.5.

Stay tuned for further details as I confirm these numbers.
did your spies also tell you the AFL was on 7mate into every state on Saturday rather than the main channel? :drunk:

Again, game v game the AFL beat the NRL last weekend.

Good to see you making claims but not actually discussing the issues
AAh, it was a remote control problem :-k Here was I thinking it had Something to do with the federal election [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Ditto fuckwit

Nrl won .

and he ignores the rest of the post :lol:
Just corrected the afl bullshit
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Well, in a manner that all here will be acutely aware of, I am once again 100% absolutely correct. The AFL are in catastrophic freefall.

The great Wooke confirms the fumbling game did indeed only get a paltry 2.966Mill viewers last round. In a disastrous collapse they have shed 3Mill viewers in 3 weeks. Yep.....you read that right......3 Mill!!!! This is another unprecedented decline in TV numbers. No Australian sport has lost such numbers in such a short time. Well.....except the fumbling game last year lolololol!!!!!

The question is why? Wookie blames the election but RL & RU were unaffected and the other sports fared ok. I say it is once again the ugly bumbling, stumbling fumbling game itself.

Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse gave up chasing female staffers around the office long enough to change a plethora of rules in an attempt to save the mess as a spectacle. They have failed. The bubble dwelling faithful checked out the rule changes for a few weeks and came to the conclusion an ugly mess is an ugly mess is an ugly mess. Yep. It's an ugly mess.

Let's see how this plays out. Last year the fumbling game never recovered. I will keep you informed in my usual eloquent, objective manner.

Fumbling zealots need not reply. Their delusional disorder exempts them from factual cognitive function.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 pm
Well, in a manner that all here will be acutely aware of, I am once again 100% absolutely correct. The AFL are in catastrophic freefall.

The great Wooke confirms the fumbling game did indeed only get a paltry 2.966Mill viewers last round. In a disastrous collapse they have shed 3Mill viewers in 3 weeks. Yep.....you read that right......3 Mill!!!! This is another unprecedented decline in TV numbers. No Australian sport has lost such numbers in such a short time. Well.....except the fumbling game last year lolololol!!!!!

The question is why? Wookie blames the election but RL & RU were unaffected and the other sports fared ok. I say it is once again the ugly bumbling, stumbling fumbling game itself.

Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse gave up chasing female staffers around the office long enough to change a plethora of rules in an attempt to save the mess as a spectacle. They have failed. The bubble dwelling faithful checked out the rule changes for a few weeks and came to the conclusion an ugly mess is an ugly mess is an ugly mess. Yep. It's an ugly mess.

Let's see how this plays out. Last year the fumbling game never recovered. I will keep you informed in my usual eloquent, objective manner.

Fumbling zealots need not reply. Their delusional disorder exempts them from factual cognitive function.
most normal people look for reasons why the ratings differ from 3 weeks ago. But we all know Terry isnt normal.

3 weeks ago was the ANZAC day round where the AFL had:
- 5 games on FTA
- 5 FTA games on the primary channel in Melbourne
- 3 FTA games in prime time
- 1 FTA game on a public holiday
- 5 games shown in isolation

Last week the AFL had:
- only 3 games on FTA in AFL states
- only 2 prime time games
- FTA on 7 mate nation wide on Saturday night
- only 1 game shown entirely in isolation

Not only does this show what a disingenuous flog you are, it also confirms the very points we have been making: games shown concurrently drop ratings and games on 7 mate drop ratings.

Thanks for supporting our points Terry :(/
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Thu May 23, 2019 11:43 am)
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I have been noticing the Broncos games slipping to around the 150k FTA mark the past few weeks.

was easily there best game of the season last friday and it rated the lowest.. Ouch..
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:02 pm
yeah look at the fucking graphs in the article. the same downturn was experienced during the wedding - both events caused the AFL to be moved to be secondary channels, and the overall ratings for the round are roughly the same.

Heres the real truth. AFL viewers are also interested in the world around them. NRL viewers are insular and only interested in themselves.
And here folks is the bubble dwelling life view lolololol!!!!!!!! Dull witted & without factual basis. How many NRL viewers do you know Wookie?? I mean, you live in AFL back waters. Clueless!!!

AFL types are the most zealous fans in the world. You are a case in point. You can never accept any negatives of the great god fumble. AFL ratings collapse & NRL remain solid is because AFL people are smart and NRL stupid. The excuse of a fumbling fool.

I dare you to put your views of the difference between AFL & NRL people on your other site. Go on pal, pump up with your world views!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

A very boring sport. Great outing Friday night , plenty of Atmosphere. A great nigh out for all involved. But the election and watching the grass grow look far more entertaining once the atmosphere starts to wear off.

AFL- Boring as batshit!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:56 am
A very boring sport. Great outing Friday night , plenty of Atmosphere. A great nigh out for all involved. But the election and watching the grass grow look far more entertaining once the atmosphere starts to wear off.

AFL- Boring as batshit!
This 'Friday night' shit again. What about the fact our Thursday games have all outrated yours this year? Or the fact all our finals outrated yours last year, irrespective of when they were played? :wave:

Speaking of boring:
19 THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE Nine 360,000 237,000 0 124,000 0 0

The NRL in Brisbane was outrated by the Chase Australia FFS! :lol:

The AFL's ratings last week were fine when shown on the primary channel, outrating the NRL again. On Saturday night they moved to 7mate and rated lower accordingly. You know the factor you fail to acknowledge even when RL suffers the same fate under similar conditions? :drunk:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:03 am
The_Wookie wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:02 pm
yeah look at the fucking graphs in the article. the same downturn was experienced during the wedding - both events caused the AFL to be moved to be secondary channels, and the overall ratings for the round are roughly the same.

Heres the real truth. AFL viewers are also interested in the world around them. NRL viewers are insular and only interested in themselves.
And here folks is the bubble dwelling life view lolololol!!!!!!!! Dull witted & without factual basis. How many NRL viewers do you know Wookie?? I mean, you live in AFL back waters. Clueless!!!

AFL types are the most zealous fans in the world. You are a case in point. You can never accept any negatives of the great god fumble. AFL ratings collapse & NRL remain solid is because AFL people are smart and NRL stupid. The excuse of a fumbling fool.

I dare you to put your views of the difference between AFL & NRL people on your other site. Go on pal, pump up with your world views!!!!!
Speaking of 'without factual basis', I'm still waiting on your example of other programs which have concurrent ratings compared :wave:

What's happened? :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

#TVratings Friday #NRL #Nine #WWOS
#NRLKnightsRoosters 578k (Metro 350k Regional 228k)
#TVratings Friday STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLKnightsRoosters 262k
= 840k

#AFLSwansPies
830k (Metro 602k Regional 228k)
#TVratings Friday STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSwansPies 294k
= 1.124m

Hmmm, was it July or June 2018 when the NRL outrated the AFL in a 1 v 1 game? :-k
Was it March round 1 when they last recorded over 1 mil viewers? :lol:

Of course the NRL is obviously number 1 :(/ :(/ :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

This weekend is a perfect example of why the AFL are number 1 on TV but the NRL's scheduling allows them to compete on averages and cumulative totals.

Last night's AFL game rated over 1.1 mil, easily eclisping all but the NRL's opening game, yet the AFL now have 2 games playing at the same time and starting before 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon. Both games would rate 200-250k on fox if shown in prime time on their own yet will probably rate 100k each or less given they are directly competing and start in the early afternoon.

There was nothing special about last night's game compared to this afternoon's games. Swans rate 50k at most in Sydney which adds maybe 20k extra in ratings. Plus they're having a very poor year. The power v Hawthorn which is currently on could easily have rated near last night's figure. The difference is purely concurrent scheduling in the early afternoon when far less people are home