Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm Time to put this one to bed once and for all. Below is a table showing the AFL's total winning scores for each round in the left column, the total losing scores in the middle column, and the difference in % in the right column.

865 551 36
866 595 31
883 708 20
741 615 17
913 569 38
859 595 31


And here are the NRL figures:

187 72 61
217 98 55
244 110 55
169 86 49
213 114 46
203 108 47
190 106 44


So in summary, the AFL's most lop-sided round was a differential in scores of 38%, the closest round was 17%.

The NRL's best round was 44% and worst round was a massive 66% difference.

Holy shit KE! The NRL is a lop-sided peace of garbage compared to the AFL. :\:
Ok lemme explain dear nlol. By your summations above soccer would, without doubt be the most lopsided game going. A common score of two to one has a massive ‘differential’ of 50% when in actual fact it was a very close game. Reason being the higher the scoring opportunities the higher the chance that percentage differentials are reduced.

Apples and oranges - nlol thinks theyre the same thing :lol:

So lemme see now ... on top of having evidence of Afl players and coaches and chief funder and statements on the Afl official website that supports my argument, I’ve also just smashed ur bullshit mathematical equation :(/ :rofl: :(/

Get help nlol :lol: maybe cats Steve can try make sense of your argument??


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by Terry »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:26 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm Time to put this one to bed once and for all. Below is a table showing the AFL's total winning scores for each round in the left column, the total losing scores in the middle column, and the difference in % in the right column.

865 551 36
866 595 31
883 708 20
741 615 17
913 569 38
859 595 31


And here are the NRL figures:

187 72 61
217 98 55
244 110 55
169 86 49
213 114 46
203 108 47
190 106 44


So in summary, the AFL's most lop-sided round was a differential in scores of 38%, the closest round was 17%.

The NRL's best round was 44% and worst round was a massive 66% difference.

Holy shit KE! The NRL is a lop-sided peace of garbage compared to the AFL. :\:
Ok lemme explain dear nlol. By your summations above soccer would, without doubt be the most lopsided game going. A common score of two to one has a massive ‘differential’ of 50% when in actual fact it was a very close game. Reason being the higher the scoring opportunities the higher the chance that percentage differentials are reduced.

Apples and oranges - nlol thinks theyre the same thing :lol:

So lemme see now ... on top of having evidence of Afl players and coaches and chief funder and statements on the Afl official website that supports my argument, I’ve also just smashed ur bullshit mathematical equation :(/ :rofl: :(/

Get help nlol :lol: maybe cats Steve can try make sense of your argument??
The fumblers here have no idea about arithmetic. Simple adding, subtracting & multiplying is way beyond their humble cognitive abilities.


User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

No it seems unfortunately they don’t. Nlols one of their smarter specimens but, alas, as I’ve identified, he seems to be quite unaware of arithmetic past the year five level. He shows a clear lack of critical thinking skills in his poorly structured arguments in this thread and others. I’d also suggest he struggles with his understandings of ethical responsibility in threads where he blindly supports the Afl in its endorsement of unethical actions such as the hush money tactics the org has employed.

Nlol please, for the love of god. Do pickup yer game!


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:26 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm Time to put this one to bed once and for all. Below is a table showing the AFL's total winning scores for each round in the left column, the total losing scores in the middle column, and the difference in % in the right column.

865 551 36
866 595 31
883 708 20
741 615 17
913 569 38
859 595 31


And here are the NRL figures:

187 72 61
217 98 55
244 110 55
169 86 49
213 114 46
203 108 47
190 106 44


So in summary, the AFL's most lop-sided round was a differential in scores of 38%, the closest round was 17%.

The NRL's best round was 44% and worst round was a massive 66% difference.

Holy shit KE! The NRL is a lop-sided peace of garbage compared to the AFL. :\:
Ok lemme explain dear nlol. By your summations above soccer would, without doubt be the most lopsided game going. A common score of two to one has a massive ‘differential’ of 50% when in actual fact it was a very close game. Reason being the higher the scoring opportunities the higher the chance that percentage differentials are reduced.

Apples and oranges - nlol thinks theyre the same thing :lol:

So lemme see now ... on top of having evidence of Afl players and coaches and chief funder and statements on the Afl official website that supports my argument, I’ve also just smashed ur bullshit mathematical equation :(/ :rofl: :(/

Get help nlol :lol: maybe cats Steve can try make sense of your argument??
until you come up with a more accurate way of displaying a one-sided score my differential example stands.

Some fact >>>>> no facts


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:34 pm No it seems unfortunately they don’t. Nlols one of their smarter specimens but, alas, as I’ve identified, he seems to be quite unaware of arithmetic past the year five level. He shows a clear lack of critical thinking skills in his poorly structured arguments in this thread and others. I’d also suggest he struggles with his understandings of ethical responsibility in threads where he blindly supports the Afl in its endorsement of unethical actions such as the hush money tactics the org has employed.

Nlol please, for the love of god. Do pickup yer game!
you want to compare maths knowledge? I had to explain how the figures I showed demonstrated the differential percentage. Even a 5th grader could have seen that KE! I had to explain it to you! :lol: :(/


User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

You’re losing badly here nlol. You now even appear unable to comprehend what a fact is :lol:

I knew what the equation for differential percentage was. I just wanted you to confirm and explain yourself for the others because, well, god forbid, there was no way in hell I was gunna bother explaining your juvenile application :lol:

And you haven’t provided any fact at all. What you’ve done is provide a year five level of fake news, like you’ve done often before. For example your claims there were no crowd boos when Jetta performed an Aboriginal dance in support of Goodes. Remember that furphy? :lol:

I hope you learn from this nlol. I really hope you do. :)


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 pm You’re losing badly here nlol. You now even appear unable to comprehend what a fact is :lol:

I knew what the equation for differential percentage was. I just wanted you to confirm and explain yourself for the others because, well, god forbid, there was no way in hell I was gunna bother explaining your juvenile application :lol:
Sure you did! :wink: That's like the old "just asking for a friend" line. You had NFI and it shows :lol:
And you haven’t provided any fact at all. What you’ve done is provide a year five level of fake news, like you’ve done often before. For example your claims there were no crowd boos when Jetta performed an Aboriginal dance in support of Goodes. Remember that furphy? :lol:
I provided figures and calculations for the first 6 rounds KE. Although I can understand how you've come to that conclusion since you probably dont understand the mathematics still :lol:

But again, if you have a more accurate way of displaying a one-sided match for both codes please be my guest :wave:
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 pm)


User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

Your calculations are completely invalid, yet you’re still claiming them as facts :lol:

I told you you wasted your time :lol:

Going by your warped logic, as long as I provide “figures and calculations” I’ll be providing the facts :(/


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:16 pm Your calculations are completely invalid, yet you’re still claiming them as facts :lol:

feel free to come up with a more valid calculation..... :wave:


User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ok nlol, seeing as I’ve proven you’ve failed abysmally and provided a completely invalid conclusion, I’m gunna teach you how to use an equation to make a valid conclusion when comparing two different things ie Afl and nrl blowouts.

Listen closely now because the maths I’m gunna teach you is above year five level :lol: it’s called algebra :lol:

Now what you’re gunna have to do to determine blowouts across the code is first agree on a relative time of the match to begin measurement. Let’s use three quarter time in the Afl and it’s equivalent in nrl. I think we can all agree that if, after three quarters of footy in both codes, that a team has pretty much Buckley’s chances of coming back then it’s fair enough to call it a blowout if that team doesn’t really make a dent or gets thrashed by even more at f/t.

So Before I go further and explain to you how we can measure the Afl or (x) versus the nrl or (y) I need to be sure you’re with me at this point. Cause, god forbid, I’m not about to explain and teach this to someone incapable of understanding.
:)


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

Are you following nlol? Do you wholeheartedly understand and agree with what I’ve stated at this point??


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm Ok nlol, seeing as I’ve proven you’ve failed abysmally and provided a completely invalid conclusion, I’m gunna teach you how to use an equation to make a valid conclusion when comparing two different things ie Afl and nrl blowouts.

Listen closely now because the maths I’m gunna teach you is above year five level :lol: it’s called algebra :lol:

Now what you’re gunna have to do to determine blowouts across the code is first agree on a relative time of the match to begin measurement. Let’s use three quarter time in the Afl and it’s equivalent in nrl. I think we can all agree that if, after three quarters of footy in both codes, that a team has pretty much Buckley’s chances of coming back then it’s fair enough to call it a blowout if that team doesn’t really make a dent or gets thrashed by even more at f/t.

So Before I go further and explain to you how we can measure the Afl or (x) versus the nrl or (y) I need to be sure you’re with me at this point. Cause, god forbid, I’m not about to explain and teach this to someone incapable of understanding.
:)
I disagree. If a side hasnt scored more than 1 try up until 3/4 time they may have the potential to score 1 or 2 in the last quarter but that means stuff all if they havent to that point.

In soccer a 3-0 scoreline should be seen as one-sided, but of course 3 goals COULD be scored in 3 minutes. But to suggest the game is still on the line with 20 minutes to go is pure BS. The games are low scoring for a reason, because it's highly unlikely they will score that in a short space of time

Fail......


Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am
Team: Geelong
Location:
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by Cats_Steve »

What a pleasure this has been to wake up to.


Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
User avatar
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Posts: 13125
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:18 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm Ok nlol, seeing as I’ve proven you’ve failed abysmally and provided a completely invalid conclusion, I’m gunna teach you how to use an equation to make a valid conclusion when comparing two different things ie Afl and nrl blowouts.

Listen closely now because the maths I’m gunna teach you is above year five level :lol: it’s called algebra :lol:

Now what you’re gunna have to do to determine blowouts across the code is first agree on a relative time of the match to begin measurement. Let’s use three quarter time in the Afl and it’s equivalent in nrl. I think we can all agree that if, after three quarters of footy in both codes, that a team has pretty much Buckley’s chances of coming back then it’s fair enough to call it a blowout if that team doesn’t really make a dent or gets thrashed by even more at f/t.

So Before I go further and explain to you how we can measure the Afl or (x) versus the nrl or (y) I need to be sure you’re with me at this point. Cause, god forbid, I’m not about to explain and teach this to someone incapable of understanding.
:)
I disagree. If a side hasnt scored more than 1 try up until 3/4 time they may have the potential to score 1 or 2 in the last quarter but that means stuff all if they havent to that point.

In soccer a 3-0 scoreline should be seen as one-sided, but of course 3 goals COULD be scored in 3 minutes. But to suggest the game is still on the line with 20 minutes to go is pure BS. The games are low scoring for a reason, because it's highly unlikely they will score that in a short space of time

Fail......
:lol: can you re-read and re-post something that makes sense? :lol: you didnt even wait for my calculations to decipher what the actual chances are of a team coming back from whatever deficit at three quarter time.

But in any case it appears you are understanding that it is difficult to compare apples and oranges and that your attempt was a mammoth fail. :wink: So well done on that front nlol =D

Now lemme explain how i decipher a blowout for an individual code like afl.

Firstly i use my experience as a player and viewer of the game. I know exactly what a blowout is but to prove it i need to use a bit of simple maths.

Firstly i take a score i know to be difficult to overcome. Let’s say a five goal lead at three quarter time. To validate this hypothesis i then go back and look at recent games (a bare minimum of 10) in the afl where teams were behind by five goals at three quarter time. I then assess how many of those teams were able to come back from this deficit. If its say one out of twenty we can say that, from the data gathered, there’s a very small five percent chance of the comeback. Then to assess actual blowouts i would look at the games where teams are five goals or more down at three quarter time and, if a team is unable to gain more than one goal in the final quarter we can safely say that that game was pretty bloody boring for a significant portion of the game ie a lopsided, a blowout etc.

This is how i do it for afl, based on real experience and valid mathematical reasoning.

Now can you do the same for rugby league dear nlol? Then, and only then, will we get somewhere in comparing. I’m happy to assist you with an initial experience based benchmark for the NRL re what is a very difficult score to come back from at the 60minute mark. Save you some time you know :)


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18584
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol KE educating the poor uneducated southern folk . .
You should get paid for doing it or is it because you're just a Good Samaritan ?


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests