Afl Wednesday night WHITEWASH!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Afl Wednesday night WHITEWASH!

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Yes I’m just fuming mad!

There’s heaps more than two articles available which demonstrate ongoing lopsided matches in the Afl ‘competition’.

And there’s more than two former and current players and coaches who’ve expressed the same.

Oh and I’ve been illustrating the same for much more than one round you silly twat. :lol:

Your lil year 5 maths exercises attempting to make ill fated comparisons between apples and oranges doesn’t quite cut it dear nlol. But it’s really cute you’re trying.

I’m mad!!

:(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:36 am

Yes I’m just fuming mad!

There’s heaps more than two articles available which demonstrate ongoing lopsided matches in the Afl ‘competition’.

And there’s more than two former and current players and coaches who’ve expressed the same.

Oh and I’ve been illustrating the same for much more than one round you silly twat. :lol:

Your lil year 5 maths exercises attempting to make ill fated comparisons between apples and oranges doesn’t quite cut it dear nlol. But it’s really cute you’re trying.

I’m mad!!

:(/
I provided figures, you provided opinions.

No wonder you're fuming :\:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lo
Ive provides more figures than you. And I’ve referred to opinions of many experts, people at the top echelons of the sport and the Afl organisation. And you’ve provided your own sole opinion on what constitutes a comparison between blowouts of each code, unbacked by .... anything or anyone. :lol:

Please continue tho nlol. Im giving you full points for effort :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:12 am
:lo
Ive provides more figures than you. And I’ve referred to opinions of many experts, people at the top echelons of the sport and the Afl organisation. And you’ve provided your own sole opinion on what constitutes a comparison between blowouts of each code, unbacked by .... anything or anyone. :lol:

Please continue tho nlol. Im giving you full points for effort :lol:
Complaints in recent seasons have centred on low scoring. Scoring last year was the lowest since 1968, down by more than a goal a game on the previous year where teams averaged 89.5 points.

This lead Ch7's boss to say: "I want more goals ... That's the most valuable 30 seconds of screen real estate in Australian television, aside from the 30 seconds after an over.''

More goals means higher scores which is also likely to cause more one-sided contests since easier scoring will mean better teams score more compared to worse teams.

You're barking up the wrong tree KE, especially given the AFL have had some closer rounds than the NRL
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post (total 2):
Cats_Steve (Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:58 am) • King-Eliagh (Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:57 pm)
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: thanks for pointing out yet another problem with the Afl competition nlol! =D yes, jolly well done, the Afl also has problems with low scoring matches :lol: but you’re kinda barking up the wrong tree aren’t you now nlol? Or are you just trying to deflect? Anyway lo scoring? that’s for another thread, which I’ll be happy to kickoff for you and fellow members when I find some spare time.

For now tho, we’re talking blowouts! Now lemme remind you and everyone that channel seven boss is indeed a good friend of Gil and he’s the chief funder of the Afl so we wouldn’t expect him to come out with and say it like it is like i can and do :) but even so it’s pretty bloody clear what he’s saying....

He said “For the overall benefit of the game, we have to try and bring beauty back to the game.'' :lol: it’s pretty clear what he’s implying here... the game has become...butt ugly :lol:

Then in a direct reference to dropping tv ratings he said “I believe if we get a string of close games, you'll see the numbers come up.” :\: it’s clear as day he’s saying lopsided matches are hurting ratings here. Dead clear!

:lol: it hurts doesn’t it nlol? It really hurts :rofl:

And thanks again for giving me my next thread idea. There’s been shitloads of low scoring games this year as well!!! :(/

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Time to put this one to bed once and for all. Below is a table showing the AFL's total winning scores for each round in the left column, the total losing scores in the middle column, and the difference in % in the right column.

865 551 36
866 595 31
883 708 20
741 615 17
913 569 38
859 595 31

And here are the NRL figures:

187 72 61
217 98 55
244 110 55
169 86 49
213 114 46
203 108 47
190 106 44

So in summary, the AFL's most lop-sided round was a differential in scores of 38%, the closest round was 17%.

The NRL's best round was 44% and worst round was a massive 66% difference.

Holy shit KE! The NRL is a lop-sided peace of garbage compared to the AFL. :\:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Apples and oranges nlol, you actually believe they’re the same thing???

You’ve just wasted your time doin those year five sums. Completely wasted ur time :lol:

Now don’t forget...Your lil opinion means nothing in the face of my presentation of multiple journis, senior afl officials, the afls major funder and numerous current and former players and coaches all saying exactly what I am saying :mrgreen: don’t forget that next to me in this thread? You’re coming across like a puny child :rofl: a 👶

:cool:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 pm
Apples and oranges nlol, you actually believe they’re the same thing???

You’ve just wasted your time doin those year five sums. Completely wasted ur time :lol:

Now don’t forget...Your lil opinion means nothing in the face of my presentation of multiple journis, senior afl officials, the afls major funder and numerous current and former players and coaches all saying exactly what I am saying :mrgreen: don’t forget that next to me in this thread? You’re coming across like a puny child :rofl: a 👶

:cool:
DESTROYED with fact and figures KE, DESTROYED!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

^ oh dear :lol: he’s finally completely lost the plot!

Common nlol you can do better!

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am
^ oh dear :lol: he’s finally completely lost the plot!

Common nlol you can do better!

at least I backed my case up with facts. You should try it
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm
Time to put this one to bed once and for all. Below is a table showing the AFL's total winning scores for each round in the left column, the total losing scores in the middle column, and the difference in % in the right column.

865 551 36
866 595 31
883 708 20
741 615 17
913 569 38
859 595 31

And here are the NRL figures:

187 72 61
217 98 55
244 110 55
169 86 49
213 114 46
203 108 47
190 106 44

So in summary, the AFL's most lop-sided round was a differential in scores of 38%, the closest round was 17%.

The NRL's best round was 44% and worst round was a massive 66% difference.

Holy shit KE! The NRL is a lop-sided peace of garbage compared to the AFL. :\:
Ok lemme explain dear nlol. By your summations above soccer would, without doubt be the most lopsided game going. A common score of two to one has a massive ‘differential’ of 50% when in actual fact it was a very close game. Reason being the higher the scoring opportunities the higher the chance that percentage differentials are reduced.

Apples and oranges - nlol thinks theyre the same thing :lol:

So lemme see now ... on top of having evidence of Afl players and coaches and chief funder and statements on the Afl official website that supports my argument, I’ve also just smashed ur bullshit mathematical equation :(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote: