Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by SportCapital »

Hey Wookie, there's a puzzling trend I hope you can enlighten us on.
Regionals.
Last year the AFL had about 12mil.(I think)
And at the current rate this year it's looking to be closer to 20mil, a 65% increase.
Do you know the factor behind this increased trend?
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Nrlolol wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:32 pm
pussycat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:58 am
NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:09 am
This means the AFL has rated higher than the NRL in 20 of the last 20 head to head games.

Wow, just wow :wave:

I think you might need to reword that - Games that have atmosphere. :cheers:
Empty stadiums create atmosphere :-k
Of course they do, that of outer space.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

#TVratings Friday STV #NRL #FoxLeague
#NRLPanthersSouths 254k
+ 605k = 859k

#TVratings Friday STV #AFL #FoxFooty
#AFLPowerNorth 202k
+ 662k = 864k

Holy shit, the NRL cant even beat the AFL when bottom is playing a small club like Port. :lol:

21-0 from the last 21 games :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Furthermore, last night again shows the NRL are consistently rating more on Foxtel even when the AFL rate more overall.

What does that tell you? :-k Well clearly subscription rates are higher amongst NRL fans. Is this relevant? You bet you it's relevant. Every game is broadcast on Foxtel, and the NRL have a larger proportion of subscribers. Therefore their foxtel ratings will be 'artificially' higher for every game of the year. Another massive leg up
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:40 am
Furthermore, last night again shows the NRL are consistently rating more on Foxtel even when the AFL rate more overall.

What does that tell you? :-k Well clearly subscription rates are higher amongst NRL fans. Is this relevant? You bet you it's relevant. Every game is broadcast on Foxtel, and the NRL have a larger proportion of subscribers. Therefore their foxtel ratings will be 'artificially' higher for every game of the year. Another massive leg up
"Artificially" lolololololololololololol. More excuses. More ifs. More buts. More maybe's. The idiocy continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:19 pm

"Artificially" lolololololololololololol. More excuses. More ifs. More buts. More maybe's. The idiocy continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the same old responses from you. No discussion about the topic raised, just more BS
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:05 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:30 pm

and the same old responses from you. No discussion about the topic raised, just more BS
It's so idiotic pal it doesn't deserve discussion.......just ridicule!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be added to the long long list of excuses, cop outs and delusions that fumbling fans make about RL continually out rating fumbleball........year on year!!!!!!!!!!

The insanity continues!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 pm

It's so idiotic pal it doesn't deserve discussion.......just ridicule!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be added to the long long list of excuses, cop outs and delusions that fumbling fans make about RL continually out rating fumbleball........year on year!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it idiotic? As an exapmle, If 40% of NSW and QLD subscribe to fox, while only 20% in other states, this allows more of NSW and QLD to watch every game, and that is NRL heartland.

Can you explain why this isnt a reasonable conclusion? Or will you continue to close your eyes and ears?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:36 am
#TVratings Friday STV #NRL #FoxLeague
#NRLPanthersSouths 254k
+ 605k = 859k

#TVratings Friday STV #AFL #FoxFooty
#AFLPowerNorth 202k
+ 662k = 864k

Holy shit, the NRL cant even beat the AFL when bottom is playing a small club like Port. :lol:

21-0 from the last 21 games :(/

So just what is it you are saying LOL's ? Are you finally conceding that the NRL is more popular, and does attract more viewers, because that is what it sounds like.

:rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Perth and Adelaide PTV are probably lower. But you need to take into account (ie. get it through your thick head) that Perth ad Adelaide fans get to watch there clubs, Crows, Power, West Coast, Freemantle on FTA each and every week . And the same for Swans, GWS, Suns and Lions but but but and just in case you are having difficulties understanding that FTA Games are watched by almost 3 times as many people.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Friday

FTA : 605k (Metro 391k Regional 214k) PTV. 254k

PTV : NRLBulldogsCowboys 232k

ToT. 1. 091k

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Why is it idiotic? As an exapmle, If 40% of NSW and QLD subscribe to fox, while only 20% in other states, this allows more of NSW and QLD to watch every game, and that is NRL heartland.

Can you explain why this isnt a reasonable conclusion? Or will you continue to close your eyes and ears?
I don't know why I respond to this rubbish. Its very tiresome. I don't care for excuses pal.....I care for the raw numbers........you know........ the actual facts. You fumblers are continually making excuses why you get flogged. What if.....what if........what if........what if my aunty had nuts......she be my uncle!!!! It's pointless pal.

I could easily say we don't count NZ ratings. That'd be the equivalent of not counting the ratings for West Coast or Adelaide. Or what the NRL actually get in NZ which is about 200k per round. But that'd be an excuse.

I could say that so far this year the AFL has had 41 FTA games and 27 broadcast while the NRL has had only 19 FTA games and 19 broadcast. That is a massive disadvantage to the NRL. But that'd be an excuse.

So I don't care for your BS Fox subscription excuse. In fact I could easily say that as the AFL broadcast many more FTA games supporters need Fox less than NRL supporters. But that'd be another excuse.

No......I'm happy to look at the raw numbers. Because that's what counts pal. Everything else is noise. Or in your case the whinging, whining and bleating of a delusional fumble fan. Desperately trying to spin a counter factual argument on what ifs and maybe's.

Move on pal!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:27 pm
Perth and Adelaide PTV are probably lower. But you need to take into account (ie. get it through your thick head) that Perth ad Adelaide fans get to watch there clubs, Crows, Power, West Coast, Freemantle on FTA each and every week . And the same for Swans, GWS, Suns and Lions but but but and just in case you are having difficulties understanding that FTA Games are watched by almost 3 times as many people.
True, although as we know, there are other disadvantages that Perth and occasionally Adelaide face on FTA, like games on 7mate and non-prime time.

But I think you seem to agree, the NRL have a foxtel advantage given differences in subscription rates. The Thursday and Friday figures seem to suggest this
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:56 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 pm

I don't know why I respond to this rubbish. Its very tiresome. I don't care for excuses pal.....I care for the raw numbers........you know........ the actual facts. You fumblers are continually making excuses why you get flogged. What if.....what if........what if........what if my aunty had nuts......she be my uncle!!!! It's pointless pal.

I could easily say we don't count NZ ratings. That'd be the equivalent of not counting the ratings for West Coast or Adelaide. Or what the NRL actually get in NZ which is about 200k per round. But that'd be an excuse.

I could say that so far this year the AFL has had 41 FTA games and 27 broadcast while the NRL has had only 19 FTA games and 19 broadcast. That is a massive disadvantage to the NRL. But that'd be an excuse.

So I don't care for your BS Fox subscription excuse. In fact I could easily say that as the AFL broadcast many more FTA games supporters need Fox less than NRL supporters. But that'd be another excuse.

No......I'm happy to look at the raw numbers. Because that's what counts pal. Everything else is noise. Or in your case the whinging, whining and bleating of a delusional fumble fan. Desperately trying to spin a counter factual argument on what ifs and maybe's.

Move on pal!!!!!!
Maybe come back in October then Terry if all you are interested in is the total numbers.

See ya