Queensland Footy Popularity Soars

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Queensland Footy Popularity Soars

Post by Beaussie »

Gee whiz, looks like a sold out Gabba tomorrow evening for Brisbane vs Collingwood.

Brisbane Lions and the Gold Coast Suns are soaring in popularity, whilst the Brisbane Broncos and Gold Coast Titans in the NRL struggle.

Good to see QLD footy doing well after some long tough years.

Front and back pages of the Courier Mail :thumbleft:

notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Queensland Footy Popularity Soars

Post by notaleaguefan »

I’ve always said Brisbane is a bandwagon city!

When a team is on a roll the locals come out and support that side!
The Newscorp Broncos have only missed the finals 2 or 3 Since their beginnings!

A few wins and excitement for the lions are up and the fans a back!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Is ths a sell out
Or an afl sell out with 1000s & 1000s of empty seats .
Lol
Just lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Lol deflection!

Seasoned ticket holders for clubs and stadiums cannot make every game! Most clubs in the afl has 40, 50k plus membership larger clubs are 70k plus

Someone the nrlol fan knows nothing about! Or have to worry about!
Btw lol an nrlol fan commenting on crowds :(/
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think it is an important distinction beteeen a well out and ground is full/at capacity.

I there are 15000 less there than the ground holds then you’d have a right to ask that whilst it may have been a sell out were a lot of tickets given out and not used? So whilst technically a sell out you could claim it to be illegitimate. However if it is fairly packed and only a few thousand under capacity then the sell out game makes sense
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol the place holds 43,000
Lol just lol
An afl sell out is far different to other sell outs .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:56 pm
Gee whiz, looks like a sold out Gabba tomorrow evening for Brisbane vs Collingwood.

Brisbane Lions and the Gold Coast Suns are soaring in popularity, whilst the Brisbane Broncos and Gold Coast Titans in the NRL struggle.

Welcome back Beatup! Nice contribution.

Now: did it ever occur to you that winning games might have something to do with this? No. What a surprise. This is what sports fans, particularly in Sydney, do. If the Swans remain near the bottom of the ladder I look forward to you posting articles about their diminishing crowds and lack of support.

I suspect the time you post anything negative about the great fumbling game will be some time close to when hell freezes over.

Keep morale high pal!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Now: did it ever occur to you that winning games might have something to do with this? No. What a surprise. This is what sports fans, particularly in Sydney, do. If the Swans remain near the bottom of the ladder I look forward to you posting articles about their diminishing crowds and lack of support.

I suspect the time you post anything negative about the great fumbling game will be some time close to when hell freezes over.

I answered that already Tourette terry! How the bandwagon effects works in Brisbane for all sporting teams! Even in the newscorp broncos! Loose a few games the the crowds drop off!
The lions have been crap since 2005! Some 15/16 years

If your conspiracy is correct about the swans and nrlol clubs, you have zero proof about the swans & it’s never worked for the nrlol clubs :wave:

So it’s more like the usual warped imagination from you loons!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Nrlolol wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I answered that already Tourette terry! How the bandwagon effects works in Brisbane for all sporting teams! Even in the newscorp broncos! Loose a few games the the crowds drop off!

If your conspiracy is correct about the swans and nrlol clubs, you have zero proof about the swans & it’s never worked for the nrlol clubs :wave:

This post is so laughably and demonstrably incorrect it's not worth educating the idiot who posted it.

Stick with the price of sausage rolls pal lolololololol. Maybe do a world wide survey on the gastronomic delights of the great sausage roll. Compare prices from country to country and stadium to stadium. Maybe do some research on the delights of the great corn dog with the famous chowder sauce while you're at it lololololol. Get mum to help if you're having trouble with spelling or punctuation. What a dill lolololol.

Good luck and gods speed!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 pm

This post is so laughably and demonstrably incorrect it's not worth educating the idiot who posted it.

Stick with the price of sausage rolls pal lolololololol. Maybe do a world wide survey on the gastronomic delights of the great sausage roll. Compare prices from country to country and stadium to stadium. Maybe do some research on the delights of the great corn dog with the famous chowder sauce while you're at it lololololol. Get mum to help if you're having trouble with spelling or punctuation. What a dill lolololol.

Terry's melts seem worse than normal. Maybe the NRL's ratings hiding is causing him emotional turmoil. There there Terry, it's not all bad news, just mostly
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Terry's melts seem worse than normal. Maybe the NRL's ratings hiding is causing him emotional turmoil. There there Terry, it's not all bad news, just mostly
Thanks pal......I know you really care lolololol!!!!!!! Now: which dill am I conversing with? Senior has occasional moments of clarity whereas junior obviously inherited the families idiot gene.

Whichever you are you seem to be going off a bit early pal. I hope this doesn't effect other parts of your life.

RL is tracking well my friend. Your fumbling game has won back most of last years lost millions.......well done. At years end I believe RL will remain in our usual spot. Gold.

Take care. And give my regards to the family!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:15 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Thanks pal......I know you really care lolololol!!!!!!! Now: which dill am I conversing with? Senior has occasional moments of clarity whereas junior obviously inherited the families idiot gene.

Whichever you are you seem to be going off a bit early pal. I hope this doesn't effect other parts of your life.

RL is tracking well my friend. Your fumbling game has won back most of last years lost millions.......well done. At years end I believe RL will remain in our usual spot. Gold.

Take care. And give my regards to the family!!!!!!!!!!
We were down 10%last year but scheduling and competing sports on ch7 contributed. This year we've started up 20% after 4 rounds, so good times so far
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Hilarious the NRL crowd picking on the AFL and crowds. At least we dont have to make up excuses for crowds in our heartland
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Looks a lot like a full house to me
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Of course it would ..except for the empty seats .

🤣
Xman wrote