Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 pm

so an average of 219. The AFL's only game shown in isolation rated 226k on foxtel :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Incorrect pal. Souths v Warriors had numbers for the home fans of one team. Divide the total by 2.5 = 263k average. Add in NZ numbers for the Warriors (abt 120-140k) = 265k average.

I now expect a goldfish bowl visit where the fumblefans strike in/strike out ratings theory will be aired.
even by taking NZ into account the point is the ratings are comparable on STV which isnt a good result for the NRL given you only have 6 hours of games on Saturday compared to our 15, your games are exclusive to fox, and NSW and QLD have higher sub rates than AFL states
Demonstratably wrong pal. Last years NRL avg Fox ratings 241k v AFL 184k. Do the math!!!

Length of games is only relevant to sponsorship opportunities. It has zero meaning to raw numbers for each game. The rest of your drivel is just the whingeing, whining of a losing fumble fan. Do better.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 am

Which demonstrates how much more the NRL could get if every game had a FTA component. It would be worth 100ks more viewers for each game that is now on Fox only.

Clearly your concurrent games excuse, whinge & whine has less impact on total ratings than the NRL's 5 games without FTA.

But of course the reality is that is what we have and until it changes...... you know......like.....change the scheduling....we deal with it and move on.
I call bullshit. Every market gets around 80 FTA games per year, the same number as Victoria. Perth and Adelaide get around 88 FTA games per year but most are on 7mate.

The only real difference is the AFL show home teams into Perth and Adelaide. Yet the Broncos are shown into Brisbane on FTA most rounds anyway so the advantage is minimal in comparison.

In the end the NRL have a big advantage on STV because of higher subscription rates, exclusive games, more prime time games, and every game shown on it's own.

Not to mention only 16 hours over 4 days compared to the AFL's 21 over 2 days.
Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am

Incorrect pal. Souths v Warriors had numbers for the home fans of one team. Divide the total by 2.5 = 263k average. Add in NZ numbers for the Warriors (abt 120-140k) = 265k average.

I now expect a goldfish bowl visit where the fumblefans strike in/strike out ratings theory will be aired.
even by taking NZ into account the point is the ratings are comparable on STV which isnt a good result for the NRL given you only have 6 hours of games on Saturday compared to our 15, your games are exclusive to fox, and NSW and QLD have higher sub rates than AFL states
Demonstratably wrong pal. Last years NRL avg Fox ratings 241k v AFL 184k. Do the math!!!

Length of games is only relevant to sponsorship opportunities. It has zero meaning to raw numbers for each game. The rest of your drivel is just the whingeing, whining of a losing fumble fan. Do better.
Are you fucking stupid? The AFL averaged more than the NRL on foxtel for games shown in isolation, but took a massive hit for the remaining games for the very reasons I described.

Yes, the length does effect averages. Watching 6 hours of NRL on Fox in one afternoon/evening is plausible. Watching 15 hours in an afternoon/evening is literally impossible. The effect is lower ratings.

And before you come back with your usual BS about writing to Gil, the result is only important for fwits who think cumulative ratings are important. AKA you flogs
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 am

Which demonstrates how much more the NRL could get if every game had a FTA component. It would be worth 100ks more viewers for each game that is now on Fox only.

Clearly your concurrent games excuse, whinge & whine has less impact on total ratings than the NRL's 5 games without FTA.

But of course the reality is that is what we have and until it changes...... you know......like.....change the scheduling....we deal with it and move on.
I call bullshit. Every market gets around 80 FTA games per year, the same number as Victoria. Perth and Adelaide get around 88 FTA games per year but most are on 7mate.

The only real difference is the AFL show home teams into Perth and Adelaide. Yet the Broncos are shown into Brisbane on FTA most rounds anyway so the advantage is minimal in comparison.

In the end the NRL have a big advantage on STV because of higher subscription rates, exclusive games, more prime time games, and every game shown on it's own.

Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.
Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

If you arent up for a discussion about the differences then go away
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Are you fucking stupid? The AFL averaged more than the NRL on foxtel for games shown in isolation, but took a massive hit for the remaining games for the very reasons I described.

Yes, the length does effect averages. Watching 6 hours of NRL on Fox in one afternoon/evening is plausible. Watching 15 hours in an afternoon/evening is literally impossible. The effect is lower ratings.

And before you come back with your usual BS about writing to Gil, the result is only important for fwits who think cumulative ratings are important. AKA you flogs
Woops!!!!! Getting a little hot under the fumbling collar are we pal lolololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems you got but's, maybe's,excuses, whingeing, whining and bleating. And I've got demonstrable facts. Facts trump rants.

And I see you're on the 'cumulative' ratings don't matter squealing tirade lolololol. Total, blind, bubble dwelling, fumble fantasy. Ask an accountant if the bottom line don't count pal.

Now: back into the bowlfish bowl pal.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.

Good luck pal and keep morale high!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 am

like the 4 from 4 Thursday night's the AFL has won? :hmm:

Or the Saturday nights where the AFL are also rating around the 1mil mark? :hmm:
with multiple games bumping it up to that mark..

you only half a dozen Thursday games>>

FRIDAY Is your key SLOT for the entire COMP.
Oh, so we are taking context into account now? :hmm: Why dont you guys do that when our games overlap like yesterday afternoon? :roll:

Not sure what your point is about Thursday night. We beat you then, we beat you Friday, and we beat you on public holidays.
If the average number of games that a viewer watches is just 3 or 4 . Then do all the but but butting you like. these matches are not going to get anywhere near10k extra.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Wrong again ](*,)

You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.

Constantly happy to ignore nlol's facts though pal, like your other mates in your own little RL bubble. If they don't suit you plebs, you just ignore them and but but yourselves back to your one pointless almost fact about cumulative ratings.

Do they have a win on the board yet nlol? Friday maybe?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Wrong again ](*,)

The
Try these ignored facts Terry. The nrl have more rounds than the AFL and 4 FTA games per round in the last month. Melbourne only get 3.6 FTA games per round and have less rounds so the end result is they get around the same fta games as Sydney and the nrl.

You want to ignore these fact because they threaten to burst your bubble
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 pm)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Wrong again ](*,)

The
Try these ignored facts Terry. The nrl have more rounds than the AFL and 4 FTA games per round in the last month. Melbourne only get 3.6 FTA games per round and have less rounds so the end result is they get around the same fta games as Sydney and the nrl.

Yes, that's all well and good Lol. But they would mean something if some actual facts were attached to them. For example, Yes the NRL do have 2 extra rounds. But you also need to point out that the NRL only gets ratings from 7.5 matches. The AFL have only 23 rounds but they get ratings from 9 matches every round.

And apart from all the extra matches they have they also have more FTA. But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm

The

Yes, that's all well and good Lol. But they would mean something if some actual facts were attached to them. For example, Yes the NRL do have 2 extra rounds. But you also need to point out that the NRL only gets ratings from 7.5 matches. The AFL have only 23 rounds but they get ratings from 9 matches every round.

And apart from all the extra matches they have they also have more FTA. But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:
Matches per round isnt really important if the end result is the same number of matches for the season. This is relevant because, other than Perth and Adelaide, both codes get similar FTA games, and both codes have a similar number of matches overall.

Yes ratings from NZ arent included, but Perth have their own ratings issues due to their different time zone
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm
But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:
No it doesnt, and you know it doesnt.

The only thing that differs is the amount we win by .

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Matches per round isnt really important if the end result is the same number of matches for the season. This is relevant because, other than Perth and Adelaide, both codes get similar FTA games, and both codes have a similar number of matches overall.

Yes ratings from NZ arent included, but Perth have their own ratings issues due to their different time zone
Its not important only
because we have managed to overcome that.

Adelaide, Perth, Sydney , and Brisbane make up about half of your ratings. How can the extra match'ss they have not be relevant :hmm:

Poor old Perth :(/ At least they know how to use a remote :cheers:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Its not important only
because we have managed to overcome that.

Adelaide, Perth, Sydney , and Brisbane make up about half of your ratings. How can the extra match'ss they have not be relevant :hmm:

Poor old Perth :(/ At least they know how to use a remote :cheers:
you dont overcome it because there's nothing to overcome. Both our main markets get similar FTA games. Perth and Adelaide get only 10% more. Brisbane rate basically the same whether a Qld side plays or not.

As for Perth it's not only the fact they get AFL for the majority of games on 7mate, it's that they only get a small proportion of games in prime time :roll:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh how sad . We have a team in another country who's home ratings are not counted .
So afl gets the home ratings for every team that plays .
RL has the home ratings of 3 teams less so whining about Perth is laughable
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o