Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 pm
so an average of 219. The AFL's only game shown in isolation rated 226k on foxtel :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Incorrect pal. Souths v Warriors had numbers for the home fans of one team. Divide the total by 2.5 = 263k average. Add in NZ numbers for the Warriors (abt 120-140k) = 265k average.

I now expect a goldfish bowl visit where the fumblefans strike in/strike out ratings theory will be aired.
even by taking NZ into account the point is the ratings are comparable on STV which isnt a good result for the NRL given you only have 6 hours of games on Saturday compared to our 15, your games are exclusive to fox, and NSW and QLD have higher sub rates than AFL states
Demonstratably wrong pal. Last years NRL avg Fox ratings 241k v AFL 184k. Do the math!!!

Length of games is only relevant to sponsorship opportunities. It has zero meaning to raw numbers for each game. The rest of your drivel is just the whingeing, whining of a losing fumble fan. Do better.


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 am
Which demonstrates how much more the NRL could get if every game had a FTA component. It would be worth 100ks more viewers for each game that is now on Fox only.

Clearly your concurrent games excuse, whinge & whine has less impact on total ratings than the NRL's 5 games without FTA.

But of course the reality is that is what we have and until it changes...... you know......like.....change the scheduling....we deal with it and move on.
I call bullshit. Every market gets around 80 FTA games per year, the same number as Victoria. Perth and Adelaide get around 88 FTA games per year but most are on 7mate.

The only real difference is the AFL show home teams into Perth and Adelaide. Yet the Broncos are shown into Brisbane on FTA most rounds anyway so the advantage is minimal in comparison.

In the end the NRL have a big advantage on STV because of higher subscription rates, exclusive games, more prime time games, and every game shown on it's own.

Not to mention only 16 hours over 4 days compared to the AFL's 21 over 2 days.
Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am

Incorrect pal. Souths v Warriors had numbers for the home fans of one team. Divide the total by 2.5 = 263k average. Add in NZ numbers for the Warriors (abt 120-140k) = 265k average.

I now expect a goldfish bowl visit where the fumblefans strike in/strike out ratings theory will be aired.
even by taking NZ into account the point is the ratings are comparable on STV which isnt a good result for the NRL given you only have 6 hours of games on Saturday compared to our 15, your games are exclusive to fox, and NSW and QLD have higher sub rates than AFL states
Demonstratably wrong pal. Last years NRL avg Fox ratings 241k v AFL 184k. Do the math!!!

Length of games is only relevant to sponsorship opportunities. It has zero meaning to raw numbers for each game. The rest of your drivel is just the whingeing, whining of a losing fumble fan. Do better.
Are you fucking stupid? The AFL averaged more than the NRL on foxtel for games shown in isolation, but took a massive hit for the remaining games for the very reasons I described.

Yes, the length does effect averages. Watching 6 hours of NRL on Fox in one afternoon/evening is plausible. Watching 15 hours in an afternoon/evening is literally impossible. The effect is lower ratings.

And before you come back with your usual BS about writing to Gil, the result is only important for fwits who think cumulative ratings are important. AKA you flogs
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm)


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 am
Which demonstrates how much more the NRL could get if every game had a FTA component. It would be worth 100ks more viewers for each game that is now on Fox only.

Clearly your concurrent games excuse, whinge & whine has less impact on total ratings than the NRL's 5 games without FTA.

But of course the reality is that is what we have and until it changes...... you know......like.....change the scheduling....we deal with it and move on.
I call bullshit. Every market gets around 80 FTA games per year, the same number as Victoria. Perth and Adelaide get around 88 FTA games per year but most are on 7mate.

The only real difference is the AFL show home teams into Perth and Adelaide. Yet the Broncos are shown into Brisbane on FTA most rounds anyway so the advantage is minimal in comparison.

In the end the NRL have a big advantage on STV because of higher subscription rates, exclusive games, more prime time games, and every game shown on it's own.

Not to mention only 16 hours over 4 days compared to the AFL's 21 over 2 days.
Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.
Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

If you arent up for a discussion about the differences then go away


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am
even by taking NZ into account the point is the ratings are comparable on STV which isnt a good result for the NRL given you only have 6 hours of games on Saturday compared to our 15, your games are exclusive to fox, and NSW and QLD have higher sub rates than AFL states
Demonstratably wrong pal. Last years NRL avg Fox ratings 241k v AFL 184k. Do the math!!!

Length of games is only relevant to sponsorship opportunities. It has zero meaning to raw numbers for each game. The rest of your drivel is just the whingeing, whining of a losing fumble fan. Do better.
Are you fucking stupid? The AFL averaged more than the NRL on foxtel for games shown in isolation, but took a massive hit for the remaining games for the very reasons I described.

Yes, the length does effect averages. Watching 6 hours of NRL on Fox in one afternoon/evening is plausible. Watching 15 hours in an afternoon/evening is literally impossible. The effect is lower ratings.

And before you come back with your usual BS about writing to Gil, the result is only important for fwits who think cumulative ratings are important. AKA you flogs
Woops!!!!! Getting a little hot under the fumbling collar are we pal lolololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems you got but's, maybe's,excuses, whingeing, whining and bleating. And I've got demonstrable facts. Facts trump rants.

And I see you're on the 'cumulative' ratings don't matter squealing tirade lolololol. Total, blind, bubble dwelling, fumble fantasy. Ask an accountant if the bottom line don't count pal.

Now: back into the bowlfish bowl pal.


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3488
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

I call bullshit. Every market gets around 80 FTA games per year, the same number as Victoria. Perth and Adelaide get around 88 FTA games per year but most are on 7mate.

The only real difference is the AFL show home teams into Perth and Adelaide. Yet the Broncos are shown into Brisbane on FTA most rounds anyway so the advantage is minimal in comparison.

In the end the NRL have a big advantage on STV because of higher subscription rates, exclusive games, more prime time games, and every game shown on it's own.

Not to mention only 16 hours over 4 days compared to the AFL's 21 over 2 days.
Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.
Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

If you arent up for a discussion about the differences then go away
You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.

Good luck pal and keep morale high!!!!


pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6634
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location: far away
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 am

like the 4 from 4 Thursday night's the AFL has won? :hmm:

Or the Saturday nights where the AFL are also rating around the 1mil mark? :hmm:
with multiple games bumping it up to that mark..

you only half a dozen Thursday games>>

FRIDAY Is your key SLOT for the entire COMP.
Oh, so we are taking context into account now? :hmm: Why dont you guys do that when our games overlap like yesterday afternoon? :roll:

Not sure what your point is about Thursday night. We beat you then, we beat you Friday, and we beat you on public holidays.
If the average number of games that a viewer watches is just 3 or 4 . Then do all the but but butting you like. these matches are not going to get anywhere near10k extra.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am
Team: Geelong
Location:
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.
Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

If you arent up for a discussion about the differences then go away
You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.

Good luck pal and keep morale high!!!!
Constantly happy to ignore nlol's facts though pal, like your other mates in your own little RL bubble. If they don't suit you plebs, you just ignore them and but but yourselves back to your one pointless almost fact about cumulative ratings.

Do they have a win on the board yet nlol? Friday maybe?


Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Totally wrong again pal. NRL gets 3 FTA games each week until late in the season when its 4. NRL FTA avg last year 600k V Fox 240k. That's 360k more viewers. If each game had a FTA component it would conservatively give the NRL over 1Mill viewers each week.

The rest of your drivel is again excuses, whingeing, whining & bleating of a loser. Try harder.
Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

If you arent up for a discussion about the differences then go away
You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.
The
Good luck pal and keep morale high!!!!
Try these ignored facts Terry. The nrl have more rounds than the AFL and 4 FTA games per round in the last month. Melbourne only get 3.6 FTA games per round and have less rounds so the end result is they get around the same fta games as Sydney and the nrl.

You want to ignore these fact because they threaten to burst your bubble
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 pm)


pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6634
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location: far away
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm
Wrong again ](*,)

I added up the NRL and AFL's FTA games this year and they are as I described above, Melbourne get around the same FTA games as Sydney get NRL. Perth and Adelaide get less than 10% more but are heavily effected by a lack of prime time games on 7 mate.

If you arent up for a discussion about the differences then go away
You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.
The
Good luck pal and keep morale high!!!!
Try these ignored facts Terry. The nrl have more rounds than the AFL and 4 FTA games per round in the last month. Melbourne only get 3.6 FTA games per round and have less rounds so the end result is they get around the same fta games as Sydney and the nrl.

You want to ignore these fact because they threaten to burst your bubble
Yes, that's all well and good Lol. But they would mean something if some actual facts were attached to them. For example, Yes the NRL do have 2 extra rounds. But you also need to point out that the NRL only gets ratings from 7.5 matches. The AFL have only 23 rounds but they get ratings from 9 matches every round.

And apart from all the extra matches they have they also have more FTA. But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm

You see pal.......your bubble dwelling life doesn't allow you to see the facts. It's not your fault......you know not what you do lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you've added up pal. The fact is the NRL has 3 FTA games each round till the last few weeks and it has 4. If each game had a FTA component the NRL would get 1Mill more viewers each week and up to 30Mill each season.

That's the point. That's the bottom line. Try to take it in pal. Read it slowly. Read it again.
The
Good luck pal and keep morale high!!!!
Try these ignored facts Terry. The nrl have more rounds than the AFL and 4 FTA games per round in the last month. Melbourne only get 3.6 FTA games per round and have less rounds so the end result is they get around the same fta games as Sydney and the nrl.

You want to ignore these fact because they threaten to burst your bubble
Yes, that's all well and good Lol. But they would mean something if some actual facts were attached to them. For example, Yes the NRL do have 2 extra rounds. But you also need to point out that the NRL only gets ratings from 7.5 matches. The AFL have only 23 rounds but they get ratings from 9 matches every round.

And apart from all the extra matches they have they also have more FTA. But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:
Matches per round isnt really important if the end result is the same number of matches for the season. This is relevant because, other than Perth and Adelaide, both codes get similar FTA games, and both codes have a similar number of matches overall.

Yes ratings from NZ arent included, but Perth have their own ratings issues due to their different time zone


User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6691
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 90 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

NRL ON NINE – ROUND 5

(Includes Macca’s Thursday Night Footy, Friday Night Footy & Chemist Warehouse Sunday Footy)

Average 5 City Metro audiences up 30% year-on-year for Nine’s match coverage of Round 5 of the Telstra Premiership.
Average Regional audiences up 26% year-on-year for Nine’s match coverage of Round 5 of the Telstra Premiership.


3.186 million people tuned into NRL on Nine’s match coverage for Round 5, LIVE on Nine and 9Gem across the nation. (National cume reach – includes pre & post-match content)
3.186 million people reached represents a 7% increase year-on-year for Nine’s match coverage of Round 5 of the Telstra Premiership.


9Now Total Round 5 Minutes (matches only) streamed Live: 2.4 million
9Now Live average VPM up 176% from Round 5 2018
9Now Live VPM streams up 160% from Round 5 2018
9Now Live VPM minutes up 174% from Round 5 2018


CHEMIST WAREHOUSE SUNDAY FOOTY

ROUND 5 - DRAGONS vs BULLDOGS



1.264 million people tuned into Nine’s Round 5 Chemist Warehouse Sunday Footy coverage, LIVE on Nine and 9Gem. (National cume reach)


National peak audience: 990,000
Nine National peak audience: 750,000 (5 City: 439,000 / Regional: 311,000)

Fox League national peak audience: 240,000

750,000 National peak represents a 4% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 5 Sunday Footy year-on-year
439,000 5 City Metro peak represents a 1% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 5 Sunday Footy year-on-year
311,000 5 Regional peak represents a 8% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 5 Sunday Footy year-on-year


National average audience: 696,000
Nine National average audience: 505,000 (5 City: 309,000 / Regional: 196,000)

Fox League national average audience: 191,000

505,000 National average represents a 19% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 5 Sunday Footy year-on-year

309,000 5 City Metro average represents a 21% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 5 Sunday Footy year-on-year
196,000 Regional average represents a 15% increase in audience on Nine compared to Round 5 Sunday Footy year-on-year


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6691
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 90 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:
No it doesnt, and you know it doesnt.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6634
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location: far away
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm
pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm But the end result always turns out the same way :thumbleft:
No it doesnt, and you know it doesnt.

The only thing that differs is the amount we win by .


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6691
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 90 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 pm The only thing that differs is the amount we win by .
Thats only fairly recent.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests