Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

#TVratings Friday STV #AFL #FoxFooty
#AFLDeesDons 256k + 791 = 1.047mil

So another easy win to the AFL
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:06 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm
What are you Morons on about????????????????? Were TV's most watched sport in this country but,but,but??????????????? We have the highest rating games in this country But, But, But And we achieve this with less matches but, but, but :rock:
6-0 :wave:

You're avoiding the question from yesterday. You know the FTA scheduling is about the same for both codes so you dont want to talk about the STV scheduling. Do concurrent games on fox effect their ratings? If the NRL showed 2 games on fox at the same time would they rate as much as if they were shown in isolation?

Where are you pussy? :lol:
We rate better . we get more ratings What more would you like me to say - There no magic trick involved. 1 rating + 1 rating + 2ratings . As simple as that :rock:

You might not want to accept this, but that's how it is! :cheers:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 am
NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:06 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm
What are you Morons on about????????????????? Were TV's most watched sport in this country but,but,but??????????????? We have the highest rating games in this country But, But, But And we achieve this with less matches but, but, but :rock:
6-0 :wave:

You're avoiding the question from yesterday. You know the FTA scheduling is about the same for both codes so you dont want to talk about the STV scheduling. Do concurrent games on fox effect their ratings? If the NRL showed 2 games on fox at the same time would they rate as much as if they were shown in isolation?

Where are you pussy? :lol:
We rate better . we get more ratings What more would you like me to say - There no magic trick involved. 1 rating + 1 rating + 2ratings . As simple as that :rock:

You might not want to accept this, but that's how it is! :cheers:
You are still running away from the question..
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

For gutless pussycat, here is the effect of concurrent scheduling:

1.45pm Carl v Syd rated 182k on fox
4.30pm Rich v GWS rated 253k on Fox
7.30pm Coll v WCE rated 232k on fox
7.30pm Bris v Port rated 82k on fox

3pm ManlySouths 167k
5.30pm CowboysRaiders 247k
7.30pm EelsSharks 284k

The AFL outrated the NRL on Fox during Saturday afternoon because both codes had games shown in isolation. The only AFL games that rated lower than the NRL were those shown concurrently at 7.30pm.

There is your proof of the effect of concurrent scheduling, and why the NRL win the cumulative total despite losing the 1 on 1 battles almost every time :wave:
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 pm)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Last year , on a Saturday your non overlapping PTV games (there was 22 from memory)averaged about 210 , ours about 50k more.

As for your overlapping PTV games. The extra rating from showing FTA games into there own market more than makes up for any shortfall in your overlapping PTV.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You seem to overlook that the Lions game and the Swans game were shown without any overlap :

Giant 253k
Swans 182k

AVG = 217

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:55 pm
You seem to overlook that the Lions game and the Swans game were shown without any overlap :

Giant 253k
Swans 182k

AVG = 217
The swans game started at 1.45pm and rated higher than the 3pm nrl game. The giants game rated higher than the nrls game at 5.30pm.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:31 pm
Last year , on a Saturday your non overlapping PTV games (there was 22 from memory)averaged about 210 , ours about 50k more.

As for your overlapping PTV games. The extra rating from showing FTA games into there own market more than makes up for any shortfall in your overlapping PTV.
that excuse is another fallacy, just like how you guys claim we have far more FTA games.

The AFL tend to use the weekend to target multiple markets, the NRL tend to use Thursdays and fridays. In the end both codes target multiple markets, however the AFL need to do it more often because we have more clubs outside our biggest market.

The nrl can target brisbane in a single game, we need up to 4 matches to target adelaide and perth.
Cats_Steve (Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:11 pm)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Your incredible, fark me [-( I showed you the figures. There was 100k from Perth alone. Fridge magnets just 80c at K-mart.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:13 pm
Your incredible, fark me [-( I showed you the figures. There was 100k from Perth alone. Fridge magnets just 80c at K-mart.
What the fuck are you on about?

Fact, the AFLs games shown in isolation beat the nrls on fox yesterday deapite your claims that the AFL only win on Fridays.

All you do then is deflect
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:18 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:13 pm
What the fuck are you on about?

Fact, the AFLs games shown in isolation beat the nrls on fox yesterday deapite your claims that the AFL only win on Fridays.

All you do then is deflect
[/qu

Pal, are we going to be in the goldfish bowl all season with this? It's been done, argued, debated, cut, sliced and diced over and over and over and over again.

Bottom line: AFL have some games clashing. This no doubt effects ratings-downward. They also have FTA into all home markets. This no doubt effects ratings-upward.

NRL has only 3 games per week on FTA. This no doubt effects ratings-downward compared to AFL. They also only get ratings for 15.5 teams compared to 18 due to one team being in NZ-downward.

AFL win most Friday's head to head. Great. NRL has 3 levels of competition - domestic, SOO & international. SOO get massive ratings-upward. Internationals rate more than the AFL,s best games-upward.

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses in scheduling and overall viewership of the varying levels of each game.

Bottom line: Last year RL smashed AFL. This year AFL is tracking a bit better and RL a bit worse. It will be closer but I suspect RL will win again. All levels of the game that is. With an even amount of games counted.

Hope that helps. No doubt the remaining 2 fumbleball nutters will beg to differ. Dills!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Pal, are we going to be in the goldfish bowl all season with this? It's been done, argued, debated, cut, sliced and diced over and over and over and over again.

Bottom line: AFL have some games clashing. This no doubt effects ratings-downward. They also have FTA into all home markets. This no doubt effects ratings-upward.

NRL has only 3 games per week on FTA. This no doubt effects ratings-downward compared to AFL. They also only get ratings for 15.5 teams compared to 18 due to one team being in NZ-downward.

AFL win most Friday's head to head. Great. NRL has 3 levels of competition - domestic, SOO & international. SOO get massive ratings-upward. Internationals rate more than the AFL,s best games-upward.

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses in scheduling and overall viewership of the varying levels of each game.

Bottom line: Last year RL smashed AFL. This year AFL is tracking a bit better and RL a bit worse. It will be closer but I suspect RL will win again. All levels of the game that is. With an even amount of games counted.

Hope that helps. No doubt the remaining 2 fumbleball nutters will beg to differ. Dills!!
Yeah, I beg to differ. As I've shown in the last few pages the AFL have no real advantage on FTA because Melbourne and Sydney effectively get the same number of FTA games a year. Perth get 8 more but only a small proportion are in prime time and the majority are on 7mate.

Yes we target home markets, but this applies to Perth and Adelaide only, and is primarily because we have more home markets in Australia and more teams in each of those cities than the NRL. The NRL can target our equivalent of the dockers, eagles, crows and power in a single game, which they do most weeks.

And you claim the number of games is equal which is completely misleading. SHowing games concurrently effectively rates as one game, so the number of games is far from equal
Cats_Steve (Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:11 am)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Tell me in simple terms, like your explaining it to a 3 year old. Why do you need 2 matches to target your teams?
Why isn't Friday set up alright?

We've Played 3 games each week this year compared to your 4.5. In a few weeks we will have a week have a round where we play 4. But you will play 5.5 matches. And over the Origin period there are weeks where we have just 2 matches . Maybe its only in your mind there equal!

And poor disadvantaged Perth, 180k exrtra on Saturdays game. Sundays still to come as is Adelaide , Sydney and Brisbane :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: there even :bounce: there even , there even[-(
Last edited by pussycat on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:26 am
Tell me in simple terms, like your explaining it to a 3 year old. Why do you need 2 matches to target your teams?
Why isn't Friday set up alright?
Simple. The NRL can target Brisbane using a game involving the Broncos. Where as a game involving the Power only targets part of Adelaide because they are one of two Adelaide clubs. Same goes for Perth
We've Played 3 games each week this year compared to your 4.5. In a few weeks we will have a week have a round where we play 4. But you will play 5.5 matches. And over the Origin period there are weeks where we have just 2 matches . Maybe in your mind there equal
I've added the FTA games up already. We have 2 less rounds, you have 4 games per round in the last 4 rounds, and we often have 3 games in a round. The difference in FTA games over the season is small or even equal
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:58 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:08 pm

yeah i understood that.. just never knew it would lift the figures as much as it has...
Victoria typically rates about 80-100k
WA and Tas about 40 each
SA has no separate regional ratings
NT has no ratings
Queensland and NSW wales typically rate as much if note more in the regions as they do metro.
ok thanks for that