Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:33 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:15 am
AFL

Melb
rnd1 4 games
rnd2 4
rnd3 4
rnd4 4
rnd5 4
rnd6 5 easter
rnd7 3
rnd8 3
rnd9 3
rnd10 4
rnd11 3
rnd12 3
rnd13 3
(cannot get TV schedule for remaining rounds yet)
=47 or 3.6 FTA games per round. Over the season this is 83 FTA games per season in Melbourne

For Sydney the NRL have 75 FTA games plus at least 3 rep games of SOO. Therefore the difference is less than 5 FTA games.

That is NOT 1 extra FTA game per round [-X Therefore the FTA advantage is very small. The NRL has a massive STV advantage by showing every game in isolation. Thursday and Friday games show the AFL rates more on fox on average. The NRL then make up the difference because their remaining 6 games are in isolation compared to the AFL's remaining games which are almost all overlapping.
You just said Melbourne doesn't have 4 games in a round. Well [-( you just named the first 13 rounds and that had 7 in it, one having 5matches?

Those other figures you just named maybe there accurate - maybe :roll: They certainly don't take into account though the extra FTA games played each week in Adelaide, Perth, Sydney and Qld
I didnt say they had no rounds with 4 FTA games, it varies. However, on average they do not have 4 FTA games a round. It amounts to 3.6 FTA games per round or 5 extra FTA games, or 6% :wave:

Where the hell did you get 7 FTA games in a round from? :hmm:

Here's where I got the figures https://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/broadcastguide

I compared Melbourne to Sydney since they are similar sizes and have a similar number of heartland clubs. Adelaide and Perth have advantages and disadvantages
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

You've shown the first 13 rounds, there's already 7 with 4 or more Melbourne games. [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:15 am
You've shown the first 13 rounds, there's already 7 with 4 or more Melbourne games. [-(
do you not understand maths? :roll:

On average there are 3.6 FTA games per round. But we have less rounds than the NRL. So over the season this equates to our 83 FTA games and your 75. Once you add SOO it is 78 games. THEN, from memory, your last few rounds also include an extra FTA game on Saturday which means Sydney has 80 FTA games of NRL compared to Melbourne's 83. These are within 3.6%.

This leaves the major difference in FTA scheduling to Perth/Adelaide vs Brisbane. AFL have around 92 FTA games in these states BUT many are non-prime time, on 7mate and some are on delay. Like Sydney, Brisbane get around 80 FTA NRL games per year. So the AFL advantage is around 14% extra FTA games BUT disadvantaged by delayed telecasts, games during non-prime time (for Perth) and games on 7mate.

The FTA advantage for the AFL is minimal. The STV advantage for the NRL is massive. After 25 rounds this makes the difference which is why the AFL win Thursdays and Fridays, and every final, yet the NRL are ahead in cumulative ratings.
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

On the figures you have shown there are 7rounds in the first 13 that have 4 or more matches , about 55%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perth have had the vast majority of there games on 7 mate and have for the past 10 years!!!!! They know how to use a remote!!!! your continual excuses are :puke:

1/3 of NRL games are not shown in prime time another one your crap excuses :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Seriously? get yourself a fridge magnet, K-Mart got a special on them at the moment. - see two post above

Under the NSW education system more means more not less :cheers:

Less matches more ratings :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm
On the figures you have shown there are 7rounds in the first 13 that have 4 or more matches , about 55%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FMD you're stupid!

Of the rounds I showed (which are the only one's with TV scheduling shown so far) there are 47 FTA games from 13 rounds. This equates to 3.6 FTA matches per round. Multiply that over 23 rounds and you get 83 FTA games. However the first 13 rounds include easter which has an additional FTA game, so the total is probably 82 FTA games. The NRL look like they have 80.

Does this compute in your dysfunctional brain?? ](*,)
Perth have had the vast majority of there games on 7 mate and have for the past 10 years!!!!! They know how to use a remote!!!! your continual excuses are :puke:
More fucking lies. 7mate was introduced late 2010, therefore the AFL has only had 8 seasons since then. However, I'm pretty sure the AFL wasnt sent to 7mate in Perth until later, but who cares.

The fact is I have repeatedly presented evidence showing the same programs rate far lower on secondary channels than primary. Why that happens is anyone's guess, but it happens. In fact the NRL and AFL schedule their bigger games in expansion markets on the primary channel not the secondary channel, so even they know this pattern exists. What the fuck is wrong with you clowns?? [-(
1/3 of NRL games are not shown in prime time another one your crap excuses :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Pretty much NONE of the AFL games are shown in prime time in Perth. Which is lower, none or 70? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Under the NSW education system more means more not less :cheers:
:lol: :lol: how the fuck can you lecture anyone about education?? You can't even grasp basic English and mathematics FFS!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:32 pm
pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm
FMD you're stupid!

Of the rounds I showed (which are the only one's with TV scheduling shown so far) there are 47 FTA games from 13 rounds. This equates to 3.6 FTA matches per round. Multiply that over 23 rounds and you get 83 FTA games. However the first 13 rounds include easter which has an additional FTA game, so the total is probably 82 FTA games. The NRL look like they have 80.

Does this compute in your dysfunctional brain?? ](*,)
That not the point here is it. You originally made the claim that Melbourne had very few rounds with 4 matches in it . In the original 13 (the only ones available) there was 7 of 13 more than half (54%). [/quote]

\

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Another fumbler caught out
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:47 pm
Lol
Another fumbler caught out
Tell us crapper how come head to head the afl flogs the nrlol nearly every time regardless of teams playing :mrgreen:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:34 pm

That not the point here is it. You originally made the claim that Melbourne had very few rounds with 4 matches in it . In the original 13 (the only ones available) there was 7 of 13 more than half (54%).
no, the point here is on average the AFL do not get 4 live FTA games into Melbourne irrespective of what you dickheads say. The other point is the discrepancy between the FTA games for the AFL and NRL is very small
Cats_Steve (Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Further on this discussion of FTA scheduling for the AFL vs NRL, the AFL have:
9 Thursday night games
23 Fridays nights
23 Saturdays nights
= 55

while the NRL have https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/2018/10/ ... hedule.pdf:
5 Saturday night games
23 Thursday nights
25 Friday nights
3 SOO
= 56

So the NRL actually have more prime time games in Sydney than the AFL in Melbourne. :wave:
Cats_Steve (Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm)
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

This'll be good..
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

In the first 13 rounds Adelaide have 51 matches as does Perth, Sydney and Qld will be simiar.

But, But, But not important . Perth are shown on 7 mate. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :bounce: People in Melbourne cant use a remote :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :bounce: :bounce:

:(/ :(/ :(/

:cheers:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm
In the first 13 rounds Adelaide have 51 matches as does Perth, Sydney and Qld will be simiar.

But, But, But not important . Perth are shown on 7 mate. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :bounce: People in Melbourne cant use a remote :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :bounce: :bounce:

Before you start deflecting do you concede the NRL get about as good a FTA deal in Sydney as the AFL in Melbourne? This is highly relevant given these are both code's major markets.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:56 pm
pussycat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm
In the first 13 rounds Adelaide have 51 similar in Perth, Sydney and Qld.

Not just people in Melbourne champ. Its noticeable how much ratings drop for anything moved from a main to secondary channel - this includes the AFL on Fox where clash matches aree hosted on Fox3 instead of Foxfooty.
Perth are the team in question here and because the football is showed on almost always on 7mate over there and has been for years it wouldn't be a factor . Just another but, but, but. excuse.

The secondary channels basically repeats what was on the main channel a couple of months earlier, or has inferior shows. That why they rate less. Last year with Melbourne there ratings were lower because they were up against the Commonwealth games, not because they were relegated to 7 mate.
These users liked the author pussycat for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 pm)

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:50 pm
Further on this discussion of FTA scheduling for the AFL vs NRL, the AFL have:
9 Thursday night games
23 Fridays nights
23 Saturdays nights
= 55

while the NRL have https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/2018/10/ ... hedule.pdf:
5 Saturday night games
23 Thursday nights
25 Friday nights
3 SOO
= 56

So the NRL actually have more prime time games in Sydney than the AFL in Melbourne. :wave:
Melbourne also play a game on Wednesday night. But other than that that sounds about right. Though obviously you would need to take into account there day games. The Anzac Game is your highest rating match.

Now that we have that out of the way when are we going to talk about the other 300 + matches in Adelaide, Perth, Sydney and Qld.?
[-(