Giant leap: GWS fans clinch deal to buy stadium naming rights

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Giant leap: GWS fans clinch deal to buy stadium naming rights

Post by Beaussie »

Try address the point please Terry. Sheesh.

Again ](*,)
So... the Giants put in place sponsorship deals regarding the stadium naming right in the past (ie: Skoda Stadium and Spotless Stadium) that resulted in all events there being under that name, however according to you and a tweet that you’ve finally referenced, history will not repeat itself? This of course, despite the official Sydney Showgrounds website and Royal Agricultural Society of NSW referencing the stadium as GIANTS Stadium?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:00 pm
Try address the point please Terry. Sheesh.

Again ](*,)
So... the Giants put in place sponsorship deals regarding the stadium naming right in the past (ie: Skoda Stadium and Spotless Stadium) that resulted in all events there being under that name, however according to you and a tweet that you’ve finally referenced, history will not repeat itself? This of course, despite the official Sydney Showgrounds website and Royal Agricultural Society of NSW referencing the stadium as GIANTS Stadium?
Pal, I know what these bodies said. I also know what Sydney Thunder said. So the answer is it looks like this 'deal' will not replicate past ones.

I suspect that is because it is a BS mickey mouse propaganda arrangement. No names given. No money amount given. No details given.

Apparently supporters and 'premium partners' are just giving money away for no material return. And just like hush money, MOU's with Police & drug testing we will never know the true answer............because it's all a secret!!!!!!!

Fair dinkum pal...... spend a little time outta the bubble.........they've got ya bad!!!!!!!!!!!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie, you made a decent point there however, and it’s a fairly big however....Terrence has found some fairly compelling evidence against your claim.

To appear as though you possess a pair of nuts...to appear more than simply a toddler in tantrum, to appear as though you possess a pair of shorts that aren’t as tight as such

:lol: no those shorts weren’t some kind of joke :lol:

To appear as tho you are not firmly cemented inside the bubble... beaussie...

You need to, you simply must .... respond to Terrence’s reference more maturely than just squawking like a distressed bilby and repeating your own initial reference.

Terrence has thrown a deft counterpunch here beaussie and you’re coming across quite dishevelled...you have to respond in kind without providing such a one dimensional attack.

Please, continue on...

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Your ill informed contribution similar to Terry is noted KE, however I prefer to stick to what we know as fact. That being, the official statements from the Sydney Showgrounds and Royal Agricultural Society of NSW who have both clearly indicated the stadium will be known as GIANTS Stadium going forward.

Choosing to disregard these statements of fact just goes to demonstrate yet again how RL supporters refuse to accept reality when the facts and reality relate to anything AFL. Me thinks it’s purely jealousy and ultimately frustration at how the AFL and it’s clubs continue to be so innovative and marketing leaders in Australia. But hey, that’s just my opinion.

Meanwhile back to that reality I was talking about.
Giants Stadium

Giants Stadium is the new name for the Sydney Showground Stadium (previously known as Spotless Stadium) - a venue located within the Sydney Olympic Park Precinct which is the home ground of the GWS Giants (AFL) and Sydney Thunder (BBL). It hosts a number of diverse events including concerts, music festivals and sports events.

https://m.austadiums.com/stadium.php?id=115
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Well, well, well...…….who woulda known. On the facts I was 100% correct. Sydney Thunder are disputing the naming rights. On my opinion that GWS tried to turn a shit sandwich into a Lobster Thermidor I suspect I will also be proved correct.

The last paragraph of the article above is instructive: GWS "privately feel the Thunder did no heavy lifting to find a naming rights sponsor themselves in the first place, and now the Giants have a deal, are squabbling over as little as $50-80,000."

It is clear GWS were looking for a sponsor but couldn't get one. They were cranky Thunder didn't assist more. At the last minute to save face they worked out this secret deal with secret benefactors. I suspect one of their 'premium patrons' is in fact an organisation known as the AFL lololololol.

Whatever way you cut it, AFL propaganda 101 was in play as usual. Turn a negative into a positive. Tell a big lie. Wrap it all up in secrecy. The bubble dwellers nod in unison whilst the intelligent folk roll their eyes and roar with laughter!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:27 am)
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep they are the masters of it .
Propaganda that N. Korea could learn from
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Time will tell i guess...

but i am confused.. is that the offer for naming rights of stadium $50-80K ??

that is all??

surely Cricket Australia could find someone better and trump this
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

ok i see...
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:40 am
No. the offer is apparently 2.4m according to Footy Classified the other night. Apparently much more than the previous deal.

The Giants issue isnt that the Thunder couldnt assist more, its that they did nothing at all and are complaining they arent getting enough money out of a deal that the RAS and Giants have agreed to.

If the RAS have done the deal though, Im not sure why the Thunder even have a say in the matter.
Who is paying the 2.4m Wookie. Why is it a secret?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol Terry
Odds
Afl $1.01
Anyone else $500.00
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 pm
Lol Terry
Odds
Afl $1.01
Anyone else $500.00
That would be hilarious if it is the AFL paying for the sponsorship...
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 pm
Lol Terry
Odds
Afl $1.01
Anyone else $500.00
That's what I'm thinking. The whole thing is just smoke and mirrors BS. I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL has paid the vast bulk of the money and Tony Shepherd and some other nufty have chipped in $500 each with the AFL saying they don't want it advertised lolololololol.

Sydney Thunder must know whats going on, lets hope they stick to their guns.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

The deal is done. They've no leg to stand on. imo
And the Thunder, by having a hissy fit have virtually guaranteed the Giants and their wealthy supporters will throw an extra wedge of $heet$ at the ground signage. It'd cost 'em 50-80k just to cover it all up.

You were on the money Beau! nice one.

nine.com.au

GWS board member Jimmy Bartel has slammed BBL franchise Sydney Thunder over a naming rights dispute for the ground shared by the two organisations.

GWS announced last week they’d reached a deal with the Royal Agricultural Society to have the Sydney Showground known as Giants Stadium, in a deal that’s being funded by anonymous private donors.

But Sydney Thunder, who use the ground in December and January for the BBL, have reportedly baulked at playing at a ground named after an AFL club.

News Limited reports Cricket NSW, on behalf of the Thunder, are reluctant to embrace the Giants Stadium name, and would only change their minds if more money was on the table.

Speaking on Macquarie Sports Radio, Bartel said the Thunder are being shortsighted.

“They’ve got their nose out of joint because they feel like they’re giving a free kick to AFL,” Bartel said.

“This is a little bit of grandstanding on their behalf.

“I get you’re sticking up for your sporting franchise, but the fact is they did none of the legwork in raising this money.

“The Giants have gone above and beyond and done this.

Bartel pointed out that the ground’s operators, the Royal Agricultural Society (RAS) had agreed to the name being in place all year round.

"The Royal Agricultural Society have ticked this off so the Thunder can't go and get another sponsor for their two months of the year.

“At the Giants, we’d be more than happy if you don’t want to accept the big fat cheque that we’re writing out for you.

“You can hand it back it you like, I’m sure we can spend it elsewhere.

The Brownlow Medalist accused the Thunder of childish behaviour, arguing that they weren’t going to be receiving additional money elsewhere.

“You’re just throwing the toys out of the cot here. You’re only there for two months of the year, now if you want to call it something else then go ahead, but any of the stadium naming is still going to remain Giants Stadium.

“If they’re going to squabble over an extra $50-$80K, they’re just being greedy. The amount of money we’ve been able to get for them, for two months of the year, is more than they were getting from Spotless or from any other corporate of business partner.

“And here’s the problem for them, they can’t go and sell it off for two months of the year anyway, because we’ve already got the deal.”
These users liked the author SportCapital for the post (total 2):
Beaussie (Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 pm) • Cats_Steve (Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:24 am)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

SportCapital wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 pm
The deal is done. They've no leg to stand on. imo
And the Thunder, by having a hissy fit have virtually guaranteed the Giants and their wealthy supporters will throw an extra wedge of $heet$ at the ground signage. It'd cost 'em 50-80k just to cover it all up.

You were on the money Beau! nice one.

nine.com.au

GWS board member Jimmy Bartel has slammed BBL franchise Sydney Thunder over a naming rights dispute for the ground shared by the two organisations.

GWS announced last week they’d reached a deal with the Royal Agricultural Society to have the Sydney Showground known as Giants Stadium, in a deal that’s being funded by anonymous private donors.

But Sydney Thunder, who use the ground in December and January for the BBL, have reportedly baulked at playing at a ground named after an AFL club.

News Limited reports Cricket NSW, on behalf of the Thunder, are reluctant to embrace the Giants Stadium name, and would only change their minds if more money was on the table.

Speaking on Macquarie Sports Radio, Bartel said the Thunder are being shortsighted.

“They’ve got their nose out of joint because they feel like they’re giving a free kick to AFL,” Bartel said.

“This is a little bit of grandstanding on their behalf.

“I get you’re sticking up for your sporting franchise, but the fact is they did none of the legwork in raising this money.

“The Giants have gone above and beyond and done this.

Bartel pointed out that the ground’s operators, the Royal Agricultural Society (RAS) had agreed to the name being in place all year round.

"The Royal Agricultural Society have ticked this off so the Thunder can't go and get another sponsor for their two months of the year.

“At the Giants, we’d be more than happy if you don’t want to accept the big fat cheque that we’re writing out for you.

“You can hand it back it you like, I’m sure we can spend it elsewhere.

The Brownlow Medalist accused the Thunder of childish behaviour, arguing that they weren’t going to be receiving additional money elsewhere.

“You’re just throwing the toys out of the cot here. You’re only there for two months of the year, now if you want to call it something else then go ahead, but any of the stadium naming is still going to remain Giants Stadium.

“If they’re going to squabble over an extra $50-$80K, they’re just being greedy. The amount of money we’ve been able to get for them, for two months of the year, is more than they were getting from Spotless or from any other corporate of business partner.

“And here’s the problem for them, they can’t go and sell it off for two months of the year anyway, because we’ve already got the deal.”
Nice find @SportCapital. Exactly as I suspected was always the case.

Hello Terry and AFLCrap1. Smashed by facts. Deal is done. GIANTS Stadium all year round 😆

Too funny
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow, anonymous private donors.......

Ahhh the Afl eh :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?